• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves & Abilities Discussion/Speculation

Thermoacoustic engines

are thermoacoustic devices which use high-amplitude sound waves to pump heat from one place to another, or conversely use a heat difference to induce high-amplitude sound waves. In general, thermoacoustic engines can be divided into standing wave and travelling wave devices. These two types of thermoacoustics devices can again be divided into two thermodynamic classes, a prime mover (or simply heat engine), and a heat pump. The prime mover creates work using heat, whereas a heat pump creates or moves heat using work. Compared to vapor refrigerators, thermoacoustic refrigerators have no ozone-depleting or toxic coolant and few or no moving parts therefore require no dynamic sealing or lubrication.[1]
While certainly an interesting device, it's not really something that can be done through natural abilities. It's using a resonator and a stack, not just natural noises.
yes , that would be a problem, but Disquise works well or not?
Right, I forgot about Disguise-it's definitely gotten its uses. However, Disguise is still quite different from having the effects of Protect. Disguise only blocks the first strike of multi-hit moves, does not block additional effects from moves, and only blocks one attack (meaning two Pokemon attacking in a double battle would still land one hit). An ability that had the effects of Protect would defend against all of these.
I thin that we got so many pokemon, and so many moves now that it would be a problem anymore,
Even with the large number of Pokemon we have, there's still a need to keep Pokemon from becoming overpowered. And only six moves can get around Protect-four of which happen to be signature moves of legendary Pokemon.
and many Alolan and slow pokemon would then shine in taking down pokemon with this kind of abilities.
Being slow isn't going to help if you literally can't do anything against the Pokemon.
Some like Boom Burst and those who do demage should free in the first turn like fire attacks.
That would be nice, but like I said, that doesn't really change the situation.
in some situtations when your moves get blocked
Sunny Day can only be blocked by Disable (after it has already been used) or Imprison (if the user also has Sunny Day, which doesn't seem likely) It's not exactly going to be a common occurrence. (and if it were, there's Pokemon with Drought for that)
(hope they will create in future more moves that block other pokes moves like some abilities do too) that could turn out handy, would allow for more movepool creations from the movesets.
...There already are. Disable, Heal Block, and Imprison.
in the anime they used that a lot, what not use it in the games?
Moves not in the Pokémon games - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
water attacks could help to get of powder and so on.
If you're using a Water-type attack, chances are you're not going to be hurt by Powder, which only triggers with a Fire-type attack. (unless you're Volcanion)
Water Sport or the Rain condition theoretically should also block "powder", "smog", "gas" based moves
I think washing away powder moves sounds good, but I don't see how rain would get rid of smog or gas-Defog seems more suited for those.
remember Miracle Eye ? what if we got something that removes also fairy types imunity to dragon?
I think that's a little less likely to happen because of how imbalanced Dragon was-Fairy's immunity to it was supposed to help that. There is the Ring Target, though-it could always be Tricked onto a Fairy-type.
makes me wonder if we ever get a 3 eye psychic pokemon with ability to cause you flinch if you try to attack it with a physical contact move, that would work only the first time when send in battle?
Flinching occurs before attacking, so it doesn't quite work. Maybe it could have a chance to cause confusion instead?
or one that would be immune to all magic based moves(magic fire, magical leaf) and fairy moves?
That sounds pretty cool! I wish we got more interesting magic-based moves/abilities. (Magician is not that fun...)

And only six moves can get around Protect-four of which happen to be signature moves of legendary Pokemon.
Five, according to this page: Category:Moves that break through protection - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
And only three of said moves are signature moves, with one Pokémon learning two of them! But in any case, yes - the power of being able to get around and lift the effects of protection for the rest of the turn (which is more prominent in Doubles and Triples than it is in Singles or Rotation) is always hindered in some way, either being limited in power or availability. Even Phantom Force is limited by how few Pokémon get it!

I had been counting Doom Desire, but that's probably a mistake on my part, since it just hits through instead of lifting. (and I also skipped Future Sight)

Well, technically they hit at the end of the turn where the effects of Protect and other moves similar to it seem to no longer apply. Not necessarily a pierce, as it were.

While certainly an interesting device, it's not really something that can be done through natural abilities. It's using a resonator and a stack, not just natural noises.
a new steel/ice pokemon? this is pokemon not eveything needs to be 100% natural and correct...

Right, I forgot about Disguise-it's definitely gotten its uses. However, Disguise is still quite different from having the effects of Protect. Disguise only blocks the first strike of multi-hit moves, does not block additional effects from moves, and only blocks one attack (meaning two Pokemon attacking in a double battle would still land one hit). An ability that had the effects of Protect would defend against all of these.
Yes I know, if something would be immune only to special attacks, how many turns should it work and not be overpowered?

1 turn then it would be worser then Disquise,
2 turns would be not that bad, but oponent could use physical, that could work or not?
if the user of ability would switch out the ability could reactivate? how is it with Disquise, should it too reactivate by switch in-out?

Even with the large number of Pokemon we have, there's still a need to keep Pokemon from becoming overpowered. And only six moves can get around Protect-four of which happen to be signature moves of legendary Pokemon.

Yes but we need some power the counter other power and to bring new things into the game.
We had overpowered things in past, that always will hapen from time to time.
Thats why new things need to come to bring in some balance.

Being slow isn't going to help if you literally can't do anything against the Pokemon.
why anything? if you battle something thats immune to special attacks then u use physical moves, curse, abilities, weather.
If it would be immune to physical then it would be the oposite.

That would be nice, but like I said, that doesn't really change the situation.
but it would help a little more.

Sunny Day can only be blocked by Disable (after it has already been used) or Imprison (if the user also has Sunny Day, which doesn't seem likely) It's not exactly going to be a common occurrence. (and if it were, there's Pokemon with Drought for that)
But we have pokes with cloud nine,
what if we got in future a priority move or a regular priority psychic type move that does damage and has 30% of blocking the oponents current move for 2 turns? or that if used first in battle like First Impression blocks the oponents move and effect activates only on 1 turn send out in battle? psychic types are very fast and could use that, I would make it physical and call it
"Zen Palm" or "Zen Finger".

I think washing away powder moves sounds good, but I don't see how rain would get rid of smog or gas-Defog seems more suited for those.

did you ever see a fog during rain? we have the move Tailwind what logically should send back powder based moves, gas moves to oponent if activated or boost our own moves, "wind direction".

If you're using a Water-type attack, chances are you're not going to be hurt by Powder, which only triggers with a Fire-type attack. (unless you're Volcanion)

when I used "powder" I had on mind powder based moves like sleep powder and others...

"Powder" should work longer and be triggered also by electric attacks not only by fire, sparks also cause explosions, and flamable explosive powders rather dont dissapear like gas... they stay, it should be active on a pokemon till it uses a fire or electric type move or if it is hit by a water move, or when water sport or rain or hail is activate that washes it off.(ice melts when hitting something)
If strong sun is active then there should be a 50% or maybe less Chance that the user of Powder and oponent get damage, beause sun, high temperature can also be a trigger.

That sounds pretty cool! I wish we got more interesting magic-based moves/abilities. (Magician is not that fun...)

yes Magician should get a great change, stealing objects is one thing would be cool if it could also steal or copy magic moves in the same time , something like Dancer does with dancing moves.
That should not be to hard and would be great for the ability itself.

I would also make "Sacred" based, "Curse" moves count as magic as well.

a new steel/ice pokemon? this is pokemon not eveything needs to be 100% natural and correct...
No, but with a process so heavily reliant on machinery in a controlled environment, it doesn't really make sense to integrate into battle.
Yes but we need some power the counter other power and to bring new things into the game.
We had overpowered things in past, that always will hapen from time to time.
Thats why new things need to come to bring in some balance.
Yes, but you don't fix something overpowered by bringing in something even more overpowered-balance is between all Pokemon, not just the overused ones.
why anything? if you battle something thats immune to special attacks then u use physical moves, curse, abilities, weather.
If it would be immune to physical then it would be the oposite.
Oh, I see-I had been misinterpreting when you said it would work like Protect and thought you meant it'd be immune to any kind of damage like Protect. Being immune to only one category of moves would definitely be less overpowered.
But we have pokes with cloud nine,
That is true, but three of the four families with Cloud Nine resist Fire-type moves-=Flash Fire isn't any more helpful there.
what if we got in future a priority move or a regular priority psychic type move that does damage and has 30% of blocking the oponents current move for 2 turns? or that if used first in battle like First Impression blocks the oponents move and effect activates only on 1 turn send out in battle? psychic types are very fast and could use that, I would make it physical and call it
"Zen Palm" or "Zen Finger".
That seems like a cool idea!
did you ever see a fog during rain?
Yes. Why Doesn't Rain Wash Away Fog? » Science ABC

when I used "powder" I had on mind powder based moves like sleep powder and others...
But if you've been hit by one of those moves, you've already got the status effect-the powder isn't staying on the Pokemon. (and if a Pokemon had been hit by Sleep Powder, they probably wouldn't be able to attack anyways)
"Powder" should work longer and be triggered also by electric attacks not only by fire, sparks also cause explosions, and flamable explosive powders rather dont dissapear like gas... they stay, it should be active on a pokemon till it uses a fire or electric type move or if it is hit by a water move, or when water sport or rain or hail is activate that washes it off.(ice melts when hitting something)
Yeah, adding in Electric moves would be a nice buff for it. I think it only lasting for a turn is to keep it from shutting down Pokemon too much-shutting down moves does have a pretty strong effect, after all.
yes Magician should get a great change, stealing objects is one thing would be cool if it could also steal or copy magic moves in the same time , something like Dancer does with dancing moves.
That should not be to hard and would be great for the ability itself.

I would also make "Sacred" based, "Curse" moves count as magic as well.
Yeah, that'd be really neat!

No, but with a process so heavily reliant on machinery in a controlled environment, it doesn't really make sense to integrate into battle.

not if its based on a liquid ,it could be animal that uses liquid oxygen or something in that kind.
Every one things of machinery... Alolan Snowshrew showed us that is it not the case.
Liquid steel that not freezes, could be based on a snake or maybe they could use a toad or what about a snow panther, physically and speedy? there are many other options.

Yes, but you don't fix something overpowered by bringing in something even more overpowered-balance is between all Pokemon, not just the overused ones.
yes, but not "overpowered" but that uses over ways to be countered... if something with "charmander , geudude, shedinja" stats would be immune to physical attacks , would it get reallly overpowered?

good point.

But if you've been hit by one of those moves, you've already got the status effect-the powder isn't staying on the Pokemon. (and if a Pokemon had been hit by Sleep Powder, they probably wouldn't be able to attack anyways)

yes but how can you sleep during rain the same amount of time like during sun?
I would make it not work when during rain or water sport are activated, effect of paralyze could get of.

Yeah, adding in Electric moves would be a nice buff for it. I think it only lasting for a turn is to keep it from shutting down Pokemon too much-shutting down moves does have a pretty strong effect, after all.

yes , but not many pokes have it, only one bug type, they could give it to a few ice(alolan sandshrew and some others yes this needs to hapen), grass(Exeggutor,Parasect, future grass/steel or grass/ice starter ), poison(Weezing or other) maybe even a steel/??? type? Plus if it works only one turn its bad, most fire types have other moves at their disposal...
If they ever want to create a "bug/ice" pokemon , this would be the right way to go, plus using a fire type move causes damage, yes? maybe 2-3 turns? It would be a good way to buff some pokemon with a good move like this atleast.
(They could also buff Freeze-Dry in future generation adding steel type to the water type 2x damage. But I dont know how would it impact on the game, especially Empoleon)

not if its based on a liquid ,it could be animal that uses liquid oxygen or something in that kind.
But thermoacoustic engines don't use liquids.
Every one things of machinery... Alolan Snowshrew showed us that is it not the case.
Alolan Sandshrew's far from the only instance-Steelix, Mawile, Empoleon, Foretress, Scizor, and Wormadam aren't exactly mechanical.
yes but how can you sleep during rain the same amount of time like during sun?
I don't think minor disturbances are gonna wake Pokemon up-Flamethrower wouldn't be easy to sleep through, either, but they still stay asleep.
yes , but not many pokes have it, only one bug type, they could give it to a few ice(alolan sandshrew and some others yes this needs to hapen), grass(Exeggutor,Parasect, future grass/steel or grass/ice starter ), poison(Weezing or other) maybe even a steel/??? type?
I can see that with most of those Pokemon, but not really Alolan Sandshrew, even as useful as it'd be.
Plus if it works only one turn its bad, most fire types have other moves at their disposal...
The idea is that since the user's weak to Fire, the opponent is going to be using a Fire-type move-and since they won't want to try again for fear of Powder, it becomes more strategic and partially blocks a weakness. Not fantastic, but not terrible, either.
(They could also buff Freeze-Dry in future generation adding steel type to the water type 2x damage. But I dont know how would it impact on the game, especially Empoleon)
Why would Freeze Dry be super effective on Steel-types? (Genuine question) I think it'd be pretty okay for it to be added, since Empoleon's the only one that would really have to worry. But it might be too much to give Ice-types one move with two extra types it can hit-it'd be hard to use other Ice moves, since it provides such amazing coverage.

But thermoacoustic engines don't use liquids.

yes I know but animals have natural ways to do sound waves. There is no need for a "engine" if it would be able to produce the sound in a natural way.

I can see that with most of those Pokemon, but not really Alolan Sandshrew, even as useful as it'd be.
is the "Powder" is explosive then it could come from the ground or not? or its created from something in trees?

The idea is that since the user's weak to Fire, the opponent is going to be using a Fire-type move-and since they won't want to try again for fear of Powder, it becomes more strategic and partially blocks a weakness. Not fantastic, but not terrible, either.

I know the idea, but its lame to give a bug/flying type a new move that only works against fire type moves when it worries about the 4x electric weaknees. The electric part of buff needs to hapen for it in future. That it also activates by electric type moves.

Yes thats the problem with it, it could be really better, becuse now it works like a coin toss, like a Sucker Punch with less damage and lower chance of scoring...

If lets say Vivillion uses Powder and it battles Cindaquil, then knowing that it can use Powder automatically makes you use other moves, but the Vivillion user lets say only will use Powder in hope for a fire type attack and will end his battle with loosing without even affecting Cindaquil , imagine its a 6vs6... would it not be nice to atlest put on a Powder on Cindaquil that forces the oponent to take damage from its fire pokemon attack battling the next pokemon?

lets take a hypothetical battle situation for the buffed "Powder" version that also works on electric types and lasts till activation of a fire or electric move.

Lets say Vivilion(Powder+U-turn) battles a Pikachu, puts Powder on it and then uses U-turn, the next pokemon could use the advantage of 1 turn and that the user looses 25% of its hp.
This could maximally be used twice in a 6vs6 battle bacause of the low stats and typing of Vivilion, even if somebody would create an anti-electric and anti-fire team, he would be vunerable to other things...
We know how it ends if you create a monotyped immune team.

Also imagine if a Hitmonchan that uses Fire Punch would be under the effect of such a buffed Powder?

Also imagine you self switch in or use a fire/electric type or fire/electric move to hit the target that is set with "Powder".

Now imagine the same situation If the move would affect also electric types and would last 2-3 turns or till activation of fire or electric moves of the Pokemon that Powder was Put on.(not only fire and electric types use them)

Why would Freeze Dry be super effective on Steel-types? (Genuine question) I think it'd be pretty okay for it to be added, since Empoleon's the only one that would really have to worry. But it might be too much to give Ice-types one move with two extra types it can hit-it'd be hard to use other Ice moves, since it provides such amazing coverage.

yes you are here right, but whats it BP? 70??? what if it would get added and Power would get reduced to 60?
Or maybe a new ice type move for that becucse freeze-drying things is not the same like puting steel into liquid oxigen and then crashing it into pieces.

Last edited:
yes I know but animals have natural ways to do sound waves. There is no need for a "engine" if it would be able to produce the sound in a natural way.
It's not the sound alone that's changing the temperature, though-a stack is used to transfer the heat between locations, and the locations are an open battlefield. Freezing something would just a noise alone would be impossible.
is the "Powder" is explosive then it could come from the ground or not? or its created from something in trees?
It seems to be created from its scales, given the animation.
I know the idea, but its lame to give a bug/flying type a new move that only works against fire type moves when it worries about the 4x electric weaknees. The electric part of buff needs to hapen for it in future. That it also activates by electric type moves.
Bug isn't weak to Electric-Vivilion only has a 2x weakness to Electric, not 4. (Its double weakness is to Rock) While buffing it to work with Electric moves would be good for, it doesn't have to happen.
Yes thats the problem with it, it could be really better, becuse now it works like a coin toss, like a Sucker Punch with less damage and lower chance of scoring...
There's a pretty decent chance a Pokemon will use a Fire-type move against a Bug-type. Powder is a flat 25% of the target's health, while Sucker Punch goes through all the damage calculation-there's no guarantee one will deal more than the other.
If lets say Vivillion uses Powder and it battles Cindaquil, then knowing that it can use Powder automatically makes you use other moves, but the Vivillion user lets say only will use Powder in hope for a fire type attack and will end his battle with loosing without even affecting Cindaquil , imagine its a 6vs6... would it not be nice to atlest put on a Powder on Cindaquil that forces the oponent to take damage from its fire pokemon attack battling the next pokemon?
Relying on just one move in battle is always a bad idea-there's a reason Pokemon can learn four moves.
lets take a hypothetical battle situation for the buffed "Powder" version that also works on electric types and lasts till activation of a fire or electric move.

Lets say Vivilion(Powder+U-turn) battles a Pikachu, puts Powder on it and then uses U-turn, the next pokemon could use the advantage of 1 turn and that the user looses 25% of its hp.
This could maximally be used twice in a 6vs6 battle bacause of the low stats and typing of Vivilion, even if somebody would create an anti-electric and anti-fire team, he would be vunerable to other things...
We know how it ends if you create a monotyped immune team.
Pikachu can learn more than just Electric-type moves. It's still quite a similar situation to your earlier example.
Also imagine if a Hitmonchan that uses Fire Punch would be under the effect of such a buffed Powder?
A Hitmonchan using Fire Punch would already be affected by Powder with its current mechanics. But why single out Hitmonchan amongst all the other Pokemon that can learn Fire Punch?
yes you are here right, but whats it BP? 70??? what if it would get added and Power would get reduced to 60?
Or maybe a new ice type move for that becucse freeze-drying things is not the same like puting steel into liquid oxigen and then crashing it into pieces.
I think a 60 BP would still be commonly used-there's always STAB to bring it up to 90, after all. A new move would probably be the best option/
Also, I think you're mistaking liquid oxygen for liquid nitrogen-that's the substance that's known for freezing things into a shatterable state.

There's a pretty decent chance a Pokemon will use a Fire-type move against a Bug-type. Powder is a flat 25% of the target's health, while Sucker Punch goes through all the damage calculation-there's no guarantee one will deal more than the other.

what move has a bigger % of succes and to be used in battle?
taking that its a flying/bug? with what ? 5 weakness? ice, rock, electric, fire and flying?
electric should be a option.

Relying on just one move in battle is always a bad idea-there's a reason Pokemon can learn four moves.

yes, but where is Disable in its moveset?
Im not saying that its move should be mega buffed but just a little, the electric modification would be enough if it would get other moves.

Bug isn't weak to Electric-Vivilion only has a 2x weakness to Electric, not 4. (Its double weakness is to Rock) While buffing it to work with Electric moves would be good for, it doesn't have to happen.
yes, sorry for that , I forgot it changed since gen I, but its still part flying, but it should also work on electric because it cant do any damage to other types and its rather a protecting move then a offensive one in my opion. Spiky Shield can be used better then it with it current effect, but that move also would need a buff.

It seems to be created from its scales, given the animation.
hmmm but scales alone cant be explosive it would need to eat something to have that effect, that means other pokes from grass, ground, poison should be abble to get it in my opinion.

A Hitmonchan using Fire Punch would already be affected by Powder with its current mechanics. But why single out Hitmonchan amongst all the other Pokemon that can learn Fire Punch?
it was only to show a hypothesis, yes but what are the chance you know what move will be used? the chance of failing is greater and no reward if using it against a non fire type that uses a non fire type move makes it a little lame or not? I know it can have 3 other moves with it, but would it be posibble to overuse it if it would be on the oponent till it activates when a electric or fire type is activated, the demage could be counted in a other way for that situation.

Also, I think you're mistaking liquid oxygen for liquid nitrogen-that's the substance that's known for freezing things into a shatterable state.

I'm not a good chemist, but thanks for the info I will memorize it.
Maybe they could change freeze-dry so that the chance of hitting would fall 25% after succesfully hiting hitting the oponent the first time if they would add the "superefective against steel" mechanic?
But Yes a new move would be rather more posibble, but then again will they create a electric type move supper efective to steel if they create already one thats ice based? two moves with same effect? what one would you find better or would you want both?

what move has a bigger % of succes and to be used in battle?
There's literally no way to calculate this. It'd require a universal record of every Pokemon battle in which either move was used and whether or not it took effect.
taking that its a flying/bug? with what ? 5 weakness? ice, rock, electric, fire and flying?
electric should be a option.
Moves aren't necessarily going to cover all of a Pokemon's weaknesses. If that were the case, Powder would block Rock, its double weakness,
yes, but where is Disable in its moveset?
It doesn't have to have Disable. There's more to battles than just shutting down opponents moves. (It does learn Rain Dance, which halves the power of Fire-type moves-if you want a longer-lasting defense)
hmmm but scales alone cant be explosive it would need to eat something to have that effect, that means other pokes from grass, ground, poison should be abble to get it in my opinion.
There's been some other Pokemon with naturally explosive powers. I don't think it can be assumed it's due to its diet.
it was only to show a hypothesis, yes but what are the chance you know what move will be used?
The chances of a Pokemon using a Fire-type move against a Bug-type is pretty high, considering that it's weak to Fire.
the chance of failing is greater and no reward if using it against a non fire type that uses a non fire type move makes it a little lame or not?
The type of the Pokemon is irrelevant-Powder depends on the move's type, not the Pokemon's. There's risk when using it with any Pokemon, that's just how the move works.

But Yes a new move would be rather more posibble, but then again will they create a electric type move supper efective to steel if they create already one thats ice based? two moves with same effect? what one would you find better or would you want both?
I think the Ice move would find more use than Electric-Ice is weak to Steel, while Electric resists it-but both would probably be enjoyed.

The type of the Pokemon is irrelevant-Powder depends on the move's type, not the Pokemon's. There's risk when using it with any Pokemon, that's just how the move works.
yes but one move slot is lost, thats why making it against fire and electric would make it have a greater impact on game and pokemon using it.

It doesn't have to have Disable. There's more to battles than just shutting down opponents moves. (It does learn Rain Dance, which halves the power of Fire-type moves-if you want a longer-lasting defense)

Rain Dance it needs one turn to work well?

The type of the Pokemon is irrelevant-Powder depends on the move's type, not the Pokemon's. There's risk when using it with any Pokemon, that's just how the move works

Yes I know, but it worries me that Powder now only a signature move, in my opinion giving it to more pokemon and making it work also against electric attacks would make it better and allow for more game play fun situations.

Pokemon from past generations like Parasect would clerly need that kind of buff.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Other ideas:

- make some moves that have 30% chance of causing a weather condition, this way old moves could get a buff or new ones could be created. (rain, sun, sandstormm, hail, tail wind ) the same thing also with the new terrains would be neat.
I have though about something that would work like Beak Blast + the weather thing, imagine a move that could be water type could paralyze like with electricity by contact but would also have a 30% Chance of creating a weather conditio, rain. But that may be too complicated or a signature for a legendary.

My hopes for gen 8:

now I olny hope they create a water/grass crocodile with the Disquise ability.

a new dragon/ghost non legendary with ability to be immune to special attacks (Shedinja was posibble then this can be too with a rival pokemon counterpart for physical immunity)

and that the Tar Pit move really happens in future.

(Tar Pit : ground ("poison"? but how would a tar pit swallow a flying bird from the ground if its very high),
-BP: 70 (becuse its a priority move like Sucker Punch and poisons the foe) ,
-poisones the foe afterwards,
-priority (+2) to hit fast pokes like Greninja,
-activates only if oponent uses a special or status move and prevents/blocks the use of the oponents move (with eception of agility, Magnet rise, and the one that cause floiting) on the same turn.
If oponent uses a physical move, this move will fail. (he can run out of the tar pit that is been created under him)
(in that time it canno't "move" and can be hit by it. When using physical moves you move faster and by special or status moves you need to stand still for a moment to use them)
-Something like a "Sucker Punch" for some pokemon.
-This move together with those what can take away flying or levitate may get in handy.
-Wanted something like Shel Trap but with rised priority and agains't special attackers.-
for Muk, Mudbray line, Sandygast line and pokemon that are based on mud, tar, or even for some fire types like Camerupt, Magmar, Venusaur)

Last edited:
yes but one move slot is lost, thats why making it against fire and electric would make it have a greater impact on game and pokemon using it.
With any move, you're taking a risk. Stat boosts could be Snatched, stat lowering could be undone, Pokemon might be immune to a status condition you want to inflict, and so on.
Rain Dance it needs one turn to work well?
Not really. Rain Dance starts working as soon as you use it.
Yes I know, but it worries me that Powder now only a signature move, in my opinion giving it to more pokemon and making it work also against electric attacks would make it better and allow for more game play fun situations.
It's far from the only signature move with a unique effect-Trick or Treat, Forest's Curse, Electrify, Pollen Puff, etc. I agree that it'd be nice to give it to more Pokemon, but it's not like it can't be used with Vivillion.
Pokemon from past generations like Parasect would clerly need that kind of buff.
Definitely, our Grass/Bug types need some defenses against two double weaknesses. (and an 8x weakness with Dry Skin! What gives?)
Other ideas:

- make some moves that have 30% chance of causing a weather condition, this way old moves could get a buff or new ones could be created. (rain, sun, sandstormm, hail, tail wind ) the same thing also with the new terrains would be neat.
I think that sounds pretty fun! We already have Genesis Supernova, after all. (Tailwind actually isn't a kind of weather, though)

(Tar Pit : ground ("poison"? but how would a tar pit swallow a flying bird from the ground if its very high),
-BP: 70 (becuse its a priority move like Sucker Punch and poisons the foe) ,
-poisones the foe afterwards,
-priority (+2) to hit fast pokes like Greninja,
-activates only if oponent uses a special or status move and prevents/blocks the use of the oponents move (with eception of agility, Magnet rise, and the one that cause floiting) on the same turn.
If oponent uses a physical move, this move will fail. (he can run out of the tar pit that is been created under him)
(in that time it canno't "move" and can be hit by it. When using physical moves you move faster and by special or status moves you need to stand still for a moment to use them)
-Something like a "Sucker Punch" for some pokemon.
-This move together with those what can take away flying or levitate may get in handy.
-Wanted something like Shel Trap but with rised priority and agains't special attackers.-
for Muk, Mudbray line, Sandygast line and pokemon that are based on mud, tar, or even for some fire types like Camerupt, Magmar, Venusaur)
That sounds like a fun idea!

Should Dazzling and Queenly Majesty react in future also and somehow to other abilities and moves that are speed related?

-Speed boost (increases speed every turn, maybe they could block only the first attack from the pokemon after it speed increased, like with Gale Wing/Disquise, or every that gets speed boost rise of priority, that only te first non speed boost increased priority would hit them)

- Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, Sand Rush, Slush Rush (increased speed during weather, maybe the could block the first increased speed attack from it like Disquise, or all those that are using double speed)

-Flame Charge (increased own speed during usement, block second usage or the next move after the speed was increased)
Ancient Power, Omnious wind

-Tail Wind (increases speed for 5 turns, blocking moves for 5 turns not, but for the first one)

-Trick Room (reverses speed movement, first turn block would be good for both if the oponent becomes faster, or if in Quenely majesty case the speed(priority) of the moves is changed both ways)

-Hammer Arm; Ice Hammer (decreases own speed in the same turn, in the second turn quenlly majesty should react and block the next move after it, that my opinion)

- Bummble Beam, Bulldoze (decreases enemys speed one turn, if a Queenly Majesty or Dazzling user speed is reduced then it should block the next oponents move, the nect turn only, becuse its a priority change in the game in my opinion)

-Gooey and abilities that reduce speed of oponent, yes the priority then changes and the Gooey user theoretically when moves faster the next turn gets a long priority change in game if it gets a little faster then its oponent.

especially when it comes to Dazzling, that got the shorter end.
Or should a new ability apper to use those phenomenom?
Do you think this changes would be good?
What other pokemon should get those abilities too? (Nidoqueen, Vespiqueen)

What new pokemon could be created with them?
A female rosa camel ground/psychic with Queenly majesty?
a Lux(could see smack down with this fellow) or a kangooru maouse electric/ground?
Or would they deserve better speed immunity based abilities?

Water Compaction and Shore Up buff that needs to hapen:

-Water Compaction: halfs water damage, rises sp. defence +1, defence +2 when hit by a water type move or during rain.

-Shore Up: Shore Up restores the user's current HP based on the weather in the battle. Normal conditions restore ½ total HP and sandstorm and rain conditions restore ⅔ total.

If powered up by a Groundium Z into Z-Shore Up, all of the user's lowered stats are reset.
Fairy Lock- would be cool to trap foe for 2 turns, but good that ghosts are immune to trapping.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom