• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My poor attempt at introducing myself

xopy

King's Rock Population Bomb go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello!! I'm xopy (pronounced soap-y, but I don't mind being called zopy either lmao) and I'm new to this forum.

I'm a very big fanatic of pokemon and an novice full odds shinyhunter. I also like drawing as a hobby (My profile picture was drawn by a friend, credit is on my bio)

I'm also new to using forums in general, so I would love to have a guide around here since it's a little confusing for someone who barely hops on forums.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask me anything!

Hi! I’m pretty new here too, but it feels like I’m already way too active lol

anyways, what was your first Pokémon game? What’s your favourite Pokémon? do you read Pokespe by any chance?You don’t have to answer all of them, I’m just asking questions at this point

you can make an art thread in the forum here, and post your art if you’d like! I don’t have a link rn, but it is there

everyone here is a great person, and theyre all cool and supportive and just generally great! Sorry if I don’t make sense anymore of this is way too much, so take a general welcome from me!

welcome xopy! Glad to have you on board :bulbaWave:
Full odds shiny hunting is super difficult but very rewarding when it pays off lol, have you found any shinies of your own yet?

We have a forum usage guide that you can check out right here! And if you ever have a question about the forums or need a hand with anything, you're more than welcome to ask any one of our mods (you'll see 'em around with a blue badge on their profile). We'd be more than happy to help you out!

Enjoy your time here, hope to see ya around ^^

Hi! I’m pretty new here too, but it feels like I’m already way too active lol

anyways, what was your first Pokémon game? What’s your favourite Pokémon? do you read Pokespe by any chance?You don’t have to answer all of them, I’m just asking questions at this point

you can make an art thread in the forum here, and post your art if you’d like! I don’t have a link rn, but it is there

everyone here is a great person, and theyre all cool and supportive and just generally great! Sorry if I don’t make sense anymore of this is way too much, so take a general welcome from me!
Let me try to answer your questions.

My first physical copy of a pokemon game was black 2, which I still own. Sadly I resetted over my save and already forgot most of my team, but I had a blast in that game.

My favorite pokemon is Crobat! With leavanny and dunsparce as runner-ups. I actually haven't taken a look to crobat up till sun and moon, where I saw someone else use it, and you could say I clicked with that pokemon.

Sadly I haven't read pokespe, but I do own a single manga copy! It's the Pokemon Black and White's 4th book, chapters 44 to 54.

Also, thank you for replying to this, I wasn't expecting such a quick response lol

welcome xopy! Glad to have you on board :bulbaWave:
Full odds shiny hunting is super difficult but very rewarding when it pays off lol, have you found any shinies of your own yet?

We have a forum usage guide that you can check out right here! And if you ever have a question about the forums or need a hand with anything, you're more than welcome to ask any one of our mods (you'll see 'em around with a blue badge on their profile). We'd be more than happy to help you out!

Enjoy your time here, hope to see ya around ^^
Thanks!

So far I have acquired an arceus on bdsp (haven't counted the resets for it), a tandemaus without any sandwiches, outbreaks nor shiny charm under 5 minutes, a suicune on my crystal virtual console copy in 7709 soft resets (which I got on camera), a roaring moon only using encounter dragon 2 sandwiches and no charm, and a female starter litten in ultra sun (which is my quickest hunt yet, with only 9 soft resets)

Also, thanks for the helpful links, I'll make sure to check them!!

Hello and welcome to the forums! You’ll have a great time here! If you don’t mind me asking what is your favorite Pokémon song?
Thank you for welcoming me!

And as for my favorite pokemon song... I don't have one exactly, so I'll list a few.

For overworld theme it would be the Ikki town night version theme, for overworld trainer theme it would be Chairman Rose's Overworld theme, and for battle theme it would be the rival fight theme in black and white 1

hello xopy, welcome to bulbagarden!! :bulbaLove:
(crobat is awesome, you have such good taste-- i'm a shiny hunter as well coincidentally!)
i see orchid already linked you the usage guide, but yeah if you ever have any questions staff is always happy to help!!
hmm questions, let's see.. what's your favorite pokemon game? :> and do you have any shiny hunts you're currently working on or plan to start in the near future?
it's great to meet you! i hope you enjoy your time here, see you around!! :bulbaWave:

hello xopy, welcome to bulbagarden!! :bulbaLove:
(crobat is awesome, you have such good taste-- i'm a shiny hunter as well coincidentally!)
i see orchid already linked you the usage guide, but yeah if you ever have any questions staff is always happy to help!!
hmm questions, let's see.. what's your favorite pokemon game? :> and do you have any shiny hunts you're currently working on or plan to start in the near future?
it's great to meet you! i hope you enjoy your time here, see you around!! :bulbaWave:
Heh, thank you. I actually have two favorite pokemon games, the first one being black and white 2 because those were the first pokemon games I got to own, while the other one is Scarlet and Violet (listen up, it's so glitchy it's fun!)

Sadly I'm currently taking a hiatus from gaming in general due to personal reasons with my family, but once I go back to gaming I will do a celebi shinyhunt on my crystal virtual console copy.

Great to meet you too! And thanks!!

nice to meet you xopy! 3 hope you’re doing well!

i’m curious, what got you interested in shiny hunting?

edit: i got the names mixed up looking at all the introductions, akmzndksmssj-

nice to meet you xopy! 3 hope you’re doing well!

i’m curious, what got you interested in shiny hunting?

edit: i got the names mixed up looking at all the introductions, akmzndksmssj-
Thank you!! And no worries about the name mix up, happens to me aswell sometimes.

And to answer your question, I got inspired to shinyhunt by one of my idols (absolblogspokemon)

Hi xopy! I’m somewhat new here as well but everyone here is really nice and friendly so I’m sure you’ll have some fun!! Hope to see you around the forums somewhere :)

Back
Top Bottom