• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious video about Misty!

My best guess is that originally the movie was going to be told through flashbacks, presented in the form of misty (and possibly that other woman) telling the child the story of how "mewtwo strikes back". Now, whether that kid is ash and misty's, misty's child who isn't related to ash, or the child of the other woman present with them is anyone's guess..... But because pikachu knows her..... Lol i don't really care, hahaha. I mean obviously all that was scrapped so it really doesn't mean anything. Still, would have been interesting to see what that movie might have been like.

These are trick trailers, they always have scenes of ish that is never in the movie. I don't think it was never gonna be in the movie at all. Most likely it would be basically something to get the audience to see the film.

Can't believe I'm doing this (linking from tropes) but this is what that trailer basically is:

Never Trust a Trailer - Television Tropes & Idioms
--------------

And I think that little girl is probably just either the lady's daughter or misty's cousin. Even if this trailer became canon, there won't be any romance in the show what so ever due to the writer of the movie not really into Ash and Misty being a couple. (or into ash falling in love altogether.)
'

I also think its likely that isn't Ash's Pikachu, because Ash himself is nowhere in that trailer and the two of them are NEVER apart. Its probably the little girls Pikachu, just like we saw countless characters with a Pikachu in the anime. I honestly don't get where people find "shipping" out of this, because that's just looking for something that isn't there.

Although I would have found it funny if we saw an older Ash and Brock there too, just out of the irony of the fact that Ash is still 10 and doesn't age...lol.

I also think its likely that isn't Ash's Pikachu, because Ash himself is nowhere in that trailer and the two of them are NEVER apart. Its probably the little girls Pikachu, just like we saw countless characters with a Pikachu in the anime. I honestly don't get where people find "shipping" out of this, because that's just looking for something that isn't there.

Although I would have found it funny if we saw an older Ash and Brock there too, just out of the irony of the fact that Ash is still 10 and doesn't age...lol.

Thinking this is Ash and Misty's child is reaching..but thinking they would have a clip from a movie (that was at the time the series finale) of a Pikachu that does not belong to the main character, with the main characters best friend in it, isn't?

I'm surprised that no one has suggested that Ash was supposed to actually die in the original version of Movie 1, with Misty giving his Pikachu to a new trainer and telling her Ash's story.

I'm surprised that no one has suggested that Ash was supposed to actually die in the original version of Movie 1, with Misty giving his Pikachu to a new trainer and telling her Ash's story.

I need a long explanation of this.

I need a long explanation of this.
There is not a lot to explain, since there is obviously no proof. I just thought of this possibility as a way to answer Ash's absence from the trailer (apart from what would seem to be a flashback to the story with Mewtwo). It seems that someone at YouTube was a few days ahead of me:

Orangeninja5000 said:
Forget whether or not that's Ash's daughter and Misty is just hanging out with a friend. The real question, ladies, gentlemen, and those of unspecified gender, is where is Ash? Aside from making a few scattered appearances as his ten year old self, where is he in this entire trailer? The answer, is he is dead. When he was turned to stone, I only guess it became permanent. Either way, he's dead, Pikachu was left alone until Misty and her "special friend" came along. There, Right in the childhood.

Shudo might have intended a similar situation to that of the Yellow saga of Pokémon Adventures, where Yellow took care of Red's Pikachu during Red's absence (when no one knew where he was or if he was still alive). Of course, Red was reunited with his Pikachu in the end, but they had been apart for quite some time. Perhaps Ash would have turned out to be alive by the end of the movie, too, but he would have still been presumed dead for years.

Last edited:
Personally, I doubt that they ever intended to kill off Ash, even when the series hadn't yet pegged itself as a long-runner. More likely he's not shown as an adult in that trailer because they wanted to preserve a few surprises for the movie itself. I note that adult Brock isn't anywhere to be seen in there either.

Still, say for a moment that the youtuber's theory is correct, and Ash actually was supposed to permanently die in the same way he temporarily "died" in the movie we got...in which case, it would be safe to say that that kid is almost certainly NOT his daughter. Otherwise, the implication is that he had sex and impregnated someone at age 10...which I really don't buy. :p

Orangeninja5000 said:
Forget whether or not that's Ash's daughter and Misty is just hanging out with a friend. The real question, ladies, gentlemen, and those of unspecified gender, is where is Ash? Aside from making a few scattered appearances as his ten year old self, where is he in this entire trailer? The answer, is he is dead. When he was turned to stone, I only guess it became permanent. Either way, he's dead, Pikachu was left alone until Misty and her "special friend" came along. There, Right in the childhood.

Shudo might have intended a similar situation to that of the Yellow saga of Pokémon Adventures, where Yellow took care of Red's Pikachu during Red's absence (when no one knew where he was or if he was still alive). Of course, Red was reunited with his Pikachu in the end, but they had been apart for quite some time. Perhaps Ash would have turned out to be alive by the end of the movie, too, but he would have still been presumed dead for years.

... The movie takes place between As getting the Earth Badge and his entering the league. It wouldn't have made sense for him to die in the movie at all. ._. Unless he attends the league as a ghost...

Whatever this was supposed to mean what im sure is that Pikachu in trailer was without doubt Ash's. They surely wouldn't left out main protagonist best partner from series finale, but that doesn't prove how there was something between Ash and Misty either. Regardless of Misty showing romantic affection toward Ash in OS, it was clearly obvious from start how main writer was never supportive of idea of romance becoming main component of pokemon series.

Granted some could use mr. Shudo disagreements with other members of pokemon staff as implication how not all writers were necessarily against such idea, but even if that was true that wouldn't add much difference since they weren't in charge.

Admittedly theory of Ash dying at end of first movie remaining in stone form does make somewhat sense since tragic incident could add long lasting emotional impact to series conclusion, and it would also explain out of main characters only Misty and Pikachu presence in that trailer. But still that doesn't explain absence of Brock, with some things about this trailer to this day being left unanswered remaining mystery.

Ugh, why are you reading youtube comments? Over at youtube they come up with bizarre conspiracy theories about Misty and her fate in the show as if they don't know why she was removed in the first place. We used to deal with people like that here in Bulbagarden and Serebii but they've since all been purged out of the major Pokemon forums by common sense and now have to remain on youtube or "safe circle" pokemon forums nobody goes to.

Where anyone got the idea that the girl was Misty's daughter is beyond me. Its clearly looking at something through shipping glasses especially when it was never intended in the first place. Takeshi Shudo is probably rolling in his grave, bless his soul.

I used to frequent youtube fairly often and i didn't noticed many(if any) bizarre theories going on about Misty. Admittedly most people over there are displeased that Misty was gone from series treated as dirt nowadays, but honestly such comments used to be very often on pokemon forums back in day too.

Only reason why we don't see them very often here is because many older posters left this places with most realizing how complaining wont change anything, regardless how they may feel about this. Although among majority of online fandom this still seems like touchy subject.

Though regarding this trailer most fans still to this day speculate how that little girl could be Ash and Misty daughter and how series producers could have originally planned to have Ash pair up with someone at very end. Personally i find that highly unlikely for aforementioned reasons, but i have to admit hints from Kanto along with Pikachu and Misty presence in older form with unknown girl can start to raise up various questions.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I always thought that Misty and the woman were in a relationship. This is far more likely than the girl being Ash and Misty's daughter. This theory itself is highly unlikely.

Also, the trailer is so... surreal.

Last edited:
... The movie takes place between As getting the Earth Badge and his entering the league. It wouldn't have made sense for him to die in the movie at all. ._. Unless he attends the league as a ghost...
There are two reasons why this logic doesn't work:

1) The plan for the show could have changed just as it did for the movie. Don't forget that the trailer was created before the Porygon incident.

2) Mewtwo escaped from Giovanni in the Viridian gym episode, but even in the final version of the movie, the main plot occurred at an unspecified point in time. Shudo could have originally intended for the New Island event to take place after the Indigo League, which technically might even be the case in the final version (although it probably took place during Ash's training for the league).

I always thought the young girl in the trailer was the girl that was singing A Fantasy in a Pocket (the song) along with Voyager.

That's what I always understood it as, too.

Come on, there's no huge conspiracy theory or massively involving underlying story here, people, and the movie was not rewritten to any extreme amount after this trailer was released.

That mysterious trailer is that when that preview aired, the movie is supposed to be the ending of the anime. I think that the original idea is that Ash and Misty will be getting married at the end of the series (possibly that was the reason why 4Kids Entertainment was a Pokeshipper).

Now imagine that Ash leave after BW and that "supposed" original idea still exists. In that case, Ash will married by the last girl that hasn't compatibility problem. Because I don't see Iris with Ash (because Iris' story), Ash would get married with Dawn making Pearlshipper canon.

I always thought that Misty and the girl were in lesbians with each other and that was their daughter n___n

Wasn't this trailer discovered by people years ago? And it was seen from Japanese eyes, I believe, so the Japanese seen it.

Oh, and I don't think that girl was Ash and Misty's daughter. It's quite simple for a melennia of reasons.
1. They are ten. Ten-year olds get pregnant is just fucking weird and perverted.
2. How would that kid be there if ASH DIED. Sure, unless he died, it's plausible, but if he died, it's impossible. Unless Ash got frozen by Lorelei/Prima for a month and his Pikachu escaped to Misty and she possibly gave it to a kid. Bastardly, is it not?
3. And for the above example...how would ASH react if MISTY gave his Pikachu away? If people thought Ash was dead, then okay, but what if he's not dead? And the kid doesn't want to give the Pikachu back...FAIL. Unless Misty's just showing the kid the Pikachu. That would be entirely different.

Yeah, I'm being an idiot. This entire post, I believe, would be different if I was still a Pokéshipper.

i believe in misty and that other woman being lesbians though

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom