• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious video about Misty!

But the belief that she is Ash and Misty's daughter mostly comes from claims that she resembles them both when in fact she doesn't resemble either.

"Sorry,
If it was adult Misty with her daughter then Miranda wouldn't be that Young.
After all , Miranda look just like she was when she met Ash & Misty as a 10 year old kid.
So , You think Miranda didn't aged while Ash and Misty grow up , got married and had a daughter.
I think that girl might be Misty's cousin while that girl was some random kid with her own Pikachu."

Well if you look at "Spell of the Unkown" Mollys father look the same if we compare him with the foto of when Delia was a young girl and when he actually was at least 15 years older :p
In another picture Ash/Molly looks like they are the same age but in the movie you can cleary see Ash is much older then here. Those things are a bit strange many times.

But yeah I just wanted a discussion about it but with facts from the third movie it seems like it could be possible

You do all know that there is more than one pikachu in the pokemon world, right? What makes you think it is Ash's?

Besides Pokémon Emergency, Battle Aboard the St. Anne, Pikachu's Goodbye and the Ritchie trilogy, did we really see any other Pikachu in the original series? Pikachutwo doesn't count, being a clone of Ash's.

*Watches video*
Mind=wtf just happened here? Its looks like some messed up yuri shipping, and the music seems waaaaaaaaaay too happy...
Wut.

While I doubt she's Ash and Misty's daughter, it's sure fun to imagine she is. It's also nice seeing glimpses of what the anime could have been...

What's odd is that this trailer has never been made available on any of the movie's home video releases. The VHS of the theatrical version of the movie didn't have it, none of the DVDs have it, the Blu-ray doesn't have it...so I'm guessing this was recorded directly off TV.

Silktree said:
Don't forget that the trailer was created before the Porygon incident.

No, this was made after the Porygon incident. The final screen - the one that shows the movie's title and the release date of July, also includes that text at the bottom of the screen assuring parents that the film wasn't going to contain any "extreme scenes" (translation: scenes that will trigger seizures) that all the other trailers for the movie had.

2) Mewtwo escaped from Giovanni in the Viridian gym episode, but even in the final version of the movie, the main plot occurred at an unspecified point in time. Shudo could have originally intended for the New Island event to take place after the Indigo League, which technically might even be the case in the final version (although it probably took place during Ash's training for the league).

If the "Pokemon Shock" incident had never happened and the show didn't have a four month hiatus, then "Rival Showdown! The Orchid Laboratory" ("Showdown at the Poké-Corral") would have aired the week before the movie came out. We know this by taking the date that the episode actually ended up airing on - October 8th, 1998 - and subtracting four months - the amount of time the show was on hiatus.

Last edited:
If the "Pokemon Shock" incident had never happened and the show didn't have a four month hiatus, then "Rival Showdown! The Orchid Laboratory" ("Showdown at the Poké-Corral") would have aired the week before the movie came out. We know this by taking the date that the episode actually ended up airing on - October 8th, 1998 - and subtracting four months - the amount of time the show was on hiatus.
The movie was released on July 18th, so if anything it was supposed to be sandwiched between "Go West Young Meowth" and "To Master the Onixpected!" which aired four months later. But I don't see how we can be sure that the writing wasn't affected by the incident, or more importantly the delay of Gold and Silver. There were a lot of filler episodes we could have done without between the Viridian Gym episode and the Indigo League.

I actually figured this all out back when I did the comparison for the Porygon episode on my site a while ago.

We know these airdates for sure:

12/16 - Porygon
12/23 - Rougela
12/31 - No new episode on 12/30, New Years Special on the 31st instead
01/06 - Snow Way Out
01/13 - Eevee
01/20 - Kabigon
01/27 - Dark City
02/03 - Nassy
02/10 - Paras

And the rest we can guess by looking at a calendar from 1998

02/17 - Purin
02/ 24 - Ptera

03/03 - Princess vs. Princess (the episode is based on the Japanese holiday hinamatsuri, which just happened to fall on a Tuesday back in 1998)
03/10 - Lucky
03/17 - Guardie and Kojirou
03/24 - Kamonegi (Musashi already has Beroringa in this episode)
03/31 - Togepi

04/07 - Fushigidane
04/14 - Guardie
04/21 - Pokemon Snap (came out in Japan March 21st, according to Bulba, so maybe this episode and the two that follow it would have aired back in March instead?)
04/28 - Exam

05/05 - The Purr-fect Hero (same as the hinamatsuri episode - "Kodomo no Hi" just happened to fall on a Tuesday in 1998
05/12 - Breeding Center
05/19 - Guren Gym pt 1
05/26 - Guren Gym pt 2

06/02 - Kamex
06/09 - Hanada
06/16 - Pippi vs. Purin
06/23 - Tokiwa
06/30 - Barriered

07/07 - Orchid Laboratory
07/14 - Yadon / Yadoran or some kind of movie special

This is all, of course, assuming there were no breaks and that they didn't air any hour long specials.

So I was one episode off, but still.

My theory about the video is that Ash is possibly dead. I'm guessing the movie takes place years after the events of the series where Misty is telling the story in flashbacks, about the events that happened with Mewtwo, which was possibly leading up to Ash's death.

I doubt that the kid would be Ash's and Misty's though, cuz I csn't see Misty getting pregnant when she's only 10 XD

I can see why people think this is Ash and Misty's daughter as the little looks a little bit like Ash if you look closely although the thing that kinda disproves this is the fact that the child has pink hair and Misty and Ash don't have Pink hair. Actually there's a translation that actually explains what's going on, Youtuber Bird Keeper Toby who is a Pokemon fan had people translate the japanese dialogue in the Trailer, the Translation reveals that Misty and the little girl are talking about growth at some point the little girl tells Misty that her goal is to catch all 151 pokemon, okay so this means that Mewtwo doesn't wipe anyone's memories and it could mean that this version of the movie could've been planned before Misty's Togepi debuted in the anime, Misty then tells the little girl that it's her goal too and the little girl then gets confused and asks why and Misty then says so she can find an old friend.

Hii. I might be late :p but here I am!

Hmm, Analysis of the trailer:
  • The artstyle: gives it off a future/memory/timeskip-like quality.
  • Characters: Opens up with a set of 3 characters!

Miranda: Obviously, It is her!
Appeared in M01.

Misty/Kasumi: Even though it's been not confirmed. It's obvious that it's her. The short hair style, Orange hair, Blue eyes, Eye-Features.
Giving her a more older experience (as of the timeskip) and with a more womenly appearance.

Small kid: With Pink haired, Ash and Misty's daughter (?)
It can be possible, With pikachu being close to Misty and that kid. In the scene with that kid and pikachu, She has the "Z" in her cheeks similar to Ash's.

Next: Why Pink hair? It can happen?
For example, Misty's sister, One of them have pink hair (Genes obviously) And that's how the pink hair came up with.
The pink haired girl seems to have a close connection with Misty as well (and the song 'Pocket Ni Fantasy' is based on a Mother telling her kid about her dreams and memories)
She also have a close connection with Pikachu as well. (And Miranda too since she is Ash, Misty and Brock's friend after all!)

When does this incident take place?
Probably after the episode 038 incident. Well, In this trailer, The only possibilities are:

Ash is on an adventure again!
How: Ash is always on adventures so why not?
In journeys too! And yes it's not likely for him to be dead, that would be a kind of- you know, he's the main character.

and This also justifies Ash's own story! His dad is on an adventure right now while he's too on one. (?)

Why do the characters look young if they all are older in this trailer?
Miranda: It's the way the anime works. Just like Ash's mom is his flashbacks looks the same as now. Misty has grown a bit (probably a 20ish!)
And Yes.

Additional note: I wish they remade the movie with the original script! And the song is so catchy (Pocket Ni Fantasy)!

Ash, Misty and Brock forever! <3

Thank You for reading this!

VideoCapture_20221218-195754.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom