• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New 3DS model announced: Battery life improved, screen 90% larger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember people, Nintendo are great innovators whom everyone else follows. They are the same company that thought CD's were a fad and blew off Sony, who wanted to help them make their next system, and stuck to cartridges for their N64; the same company that thought people playing in the same room together was more relevant to gamers than that online-fad-thingy; the same company that thought HD, DVD/Blu-ray players and internal hard-drives weren't that important to gamers; the same company that created such marvels as the Virtual-Boy, Rob the Robot and the Power Glove.

Two circle pads? You don't need those, just a fad... what you really need are over-sized portable systems that aren't easy to carry around with you, more Mario games and revolutionary 3d technology.

Nintendo did not create the Power Glove.

I so saw a new 3DS coming. Good thing I waited and didn't buy the 3DS.
I'm going to get the 3DSXL. I'm just glad it has an improved battery life, not having a 2nd circle pad/slide stick is not a big deal for me.

Now this talk on it not coming with an AC adapter... It sucks that it won't be packaged in Japan and EU, but keep in mind it will in the U.S. (so I guess just order a U.S. release?).

Darn. And I bought the original 3DS for White 2 (and some other things).
I'm bummed. I prefer the bigger screens and battery, but I have downloaded games on my 3DS. Replacing it would mean having to rebuy all of them (unless there's another way...)

I genuinely wasn't expecting another model until next year. Not that it matters to me, but for the sake of convenience I was also expecting it to have the Circle Pad Pro built-in or something.

...Wtf? Miyamoto had said not too long ago that they weren't going to make any new models of the 3DS like they did with the DS. He wanted to go straight to the next new handheld when they were ready to make another one.

An actual member here showed it to me.

Did he change his mind or something? Or was he just fibbing?

Miyamoto simply employed clever wording and never confirmed or denied its existence. He, personally, was satisfied with the 3DS hardware as is. That and the XL isn't technically new hardware just a larger version of the existing 3DS hardware. Had it added the circle pad or new features a la the DSi it would definitely be considered new hardware.

It's too big and it will cost too much

this isn't for everyone, it's like the DSiXL, for old people who can't see the screen.
I will surely stick to getting that awesome purple 3DS instead.

Miyamoto simply employed clever wording and never confirmed or denied its existence. He, personally, was satisfied with the 3DS hardware as is. That and the XL isn't technically new hardware just a larger version of the existing 3DS hardware. Had it added the circle pad or new features a la the DSi it would definitely be considered new hardware.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Darn. And I bought the original 3DS for White 2 (and some other things).
I'm bummed. I prefer the bigger screens and battery, but I have downloaded games on my 3DS. Replacing it would mean having to rebuy all of them (unless there's another way...)

There is a system transfer option in the menu where you can transfer all of your data. You could also save them to an SD card and swap the card.

UK retailers are listing the 3DS XL for £179.99 (with a supposed RRP of £200). The American price converts to £130.

Hahahaha, feck off Nintendo Europe.

I still don't see the point of ---XL...video games do not target the elderly.
And I still don't see why not to bother adding the second circle pad, except to make it less clunky than it already is.

Waste of money unless you don't have a 3DS. I'm an ambassodor anyway.

Ugh, not this crap. I'm sticking with my normal 3DS. This thing will cost like 200 bucks! Plus, it looks too heavy.

Since I haven't got a 3DS, this is much better for me, because I prefer my screens to be big.

Thanks for reading.

I'm getting this, even though I already have a 3DS. Besides, my dad wants one to play Mario Kart on.

Wait, I'm only 46 years old... I, for one, could not be more happy when the XL appeared, my vision is poor and getting poorer with age, yes. Not only older gamers have poor vision though, it's good to have a choice young padawans!

I actually would love to buy this due to the larger screen. I hate attempting to show friends something on the DS when it's hard for them to see the screen.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money for even a normal 3DS at the moment, but I'm hoping the price for a standard 3DS will go down with this upgrade.

What I see:
New 3DS model announced: Battery life improved, screen 90% larger

T-T

Nah, if I wanted another 3DS for StreetPass purposes (seriously, can everyone in my hometown PLEASE stop being poor and get one already?!), I'd get an original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom