• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Event (OVER): Adventure Week (May 18 - May 25, 2017)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello everyone. As you might've noticed a new event for GO was announced:

Make Time for a Pokémon GO Adventure | Pokemon.com

We could use this thread to discuss it. So, what are your thoughts on it?

I have higher hopes for it than for the Grass-type event, I could possibly get enough Onix Candy for Steelix (whenever I get a Metal Coat), an Aerodactyl and a Sudowoodo and finally maybe make some progress in the Larvitar line! Walking Dratini around as a Buddy should be nice, too. Getting some more Geodude/Rhyhorn Candy to power up some good-stats Golem/Rhydon I have sounds promising as well. More items from PokeStops is never a bad thing, and while I don't mind cosmetics a lot I might give the hat a try just to get in the adventure mood :D

I'm pretty covered as far as Rock types go, but it would be nice if I could find some more Larvitar during this event. I have semi-decent luck with getting Larvitar eggs. I think I've hatched three of them so far and I have fifty two Larvitar candies, but finding more while walking around would definitely be helpful.

I should be able to get enough Porygon candies by the end of the weekend, if not by Monday, due to this event. I'll have to see how many days will be left for the event before deciding of what my next Buddy Pokemon will be. I'm leading towards Chikorita, but this would be a good chance to get some decent amount of candy for Chansey considering that I can't seem to find a Chansey egg.

This event seems to be quite promising. I too am hoping to find more Larvitar, as I only have one so far, which I hatched. I am just 2 candy away from being able to evolve Onix, which can be easily obtained by using Onix as my buddy, however, hopefully I'll find Onix for as much candy as possible to power up Steelix.

The event helped me get my first (and probably only) Sudowoodo. It also helps me get really close to getting the gold medal for Rock and Fire types (Slugma spawns are increased too because Magcargo is part-Rock). I will most probably get those before the event is over. Also let me get lots of Geodude/Rhyhorn but only one Onix. There are several Omanyte/Kabuto around but I don't mind them much. Still no sight of Aerodactyl or Larvitar. Dratini as a Buddy with 1/4 of the distance needed is nice.

Been catching lots of Geodude, I hope to get a really nice one to re-evolve a new Golem. Been also looking out for Kabuto, caught three so far; I don't need any more Omanyte. Also caught a Larvitar and Shuckle :) Dratini is my buddy as well, currently at 83 candy.

Catching lots of Geodude/Rhyhorn for now, also Dratini has 12 km walked (+12 Candy).
I plan to have better sessions from tomorrow until the end of the event and hopefully get Aerodactyl and a few Larvitar.

So far Ive gotten Omastar, Graveler, Shuckle, an Aerodactyl, a couple Onix and several Kabuto and Magcargo. I almost have enough candy for Kabutops and Steelix, hopefully I'll get enough for Golem too. Id really love to get all of those as well as finally evolving Squirtle and hopefully farming some Larvitar or Dratini candy. This event is pretty great. sadly I just dont have much time to play so its hard to take advantage of these things.

Caught an Aerodactyl. Got my gold rock badge. Caught 10 Larvitar.

Class + work + X-TREEM HEAT = not much time to play

However, I have gotten a decent amount of slugma and omanyte, so I'm happy about that. Also caught another random 1200-something Sudowoodo in a regular pokeball cause I was too tired to care if I caught another one or not.

I've been mainly running into Kabuto, Omanyte, Geodude, Sudowoodo and Slguma during this event. I've already caught these Pokemon before, but I've caught a few Kabuto and Omanyte for the heck of it. I came across an Aerodactyl and caught it despite how many I've hatched before. I've only come across one Larvitar so far, but hopefully I'll be able to find some more later on in the week.

At least this event has been helpful with getting more candies from my Buddy Pokemon. I already got enough candies to evolve my Porygon and I'm at one hundred and five Chikorita candies. I may not be able to get a lot of Larvitar during this event, but at least it should help with getting some more candies I need to evolve Pokemon.

Still no Aerodactyl or Larvitar. The latter I can understand, being the first form of a pseudo-legendary it should still be rare (I actually heard that early in the event it was more common but they dropped it quickly)... what I don't get is why they want Aerodactyl to be that rare, it is one of the fossil Pokemon (they tried to make more of a point of the fact that the fossils will be around more) and also the cover Pokemon for the entire event. From all the exposure it got I'd expect it to be more common, at about the level of Sudowoodo/Shuckle (which I see a lot). Onix is also quite rare too.

For now the coolest part of the event is that I can get lots of Dratini Candy from walking.

Been catching a lot of Slugma, and then RANDOM MAGCARGO. So the slugma were kind of pointless ww. Caught a few more Kabuto and Omanyte. I had a Kabutops even before I had a Kabuto so meh to those :p but I do need the Omanytes. Randomly caught a Bayleef for reasons. Other than that I haven't really found anything else. I wish I could find some Larvitar like some people in this thread have.

Have seen 1 Aerodactyl and 3 Larvitar during the event. Had never seen either in the wild before. Also went from about 30 Geodude candy to over 300 so that was a plus.

Managed to get Aerodactyl and 1 Larvitar last night. Now the only thing I really need is a few more Larvitar before it's over while I also keep farming Dratini Candy. Although more Geodude/Rhyhorn are a nice plus.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom