• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Evolutions

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So, what older Pokémon should evolve into new Pokémon and how? Also, make sure those methods are not possible in older games. They can't be just normal level ups, max happiness or trades without a new item, move or anything that excuses the evolution from previous games. You can use stones but make up your own stones. Also, don't make these methods beyond the 3DS limitations. Anyway, post your thoughts below.

my list is somewhat big, but i'd like Dusparce, Ledyan, Seviper and Persian evolve not by mega.
Ledyan bug/fight and Seviper I don't care if it became pure poison honestly.

I somewhat think Lunatone or Solrock will gain another stage, but if by mega evolution or not, i have no idea.

The best method is learning a new move, introducing new stones or leveling up with a new Pokemon in the team.

Delibird evolution with a new item called X-mas Gift. It's evolution will have a proper move set so it can learn moves upon leveling. Some Flying, Ice and Normal type moves for it's evolution to learn. Some status while most is Physical and Special moves.

My wish for regular cross-gen evolutions have died due to how Game Freak is with evolution, but there's still hope for branch-evolutions and pre-evolutions.

Branch evolutions I'd like for some Pokémon are:
  • Dragonair
  • Porygon and Porygon2
  • Surskit
  • Diglett
  • Female-only evolutions for Machop
  • Haunter
  • Snorunt - I'd just like to see a fully evolved eskimo tbh
  • Male-only Gothorita evolution
I'm out of ideas right now, but I'll list more when I can think of any. As for pre-evolutions... I've made a list of Pokémon that can be given pre-evolutions going by the EVs they give.

Pokemon that can get possible pre-evolutions:
Gen 1: Pinsir, Tauros , and Lapras
Gen 2: Miltank, Girafarig, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, and Skarmory
Gen 3: Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone & Solrock (?? I'm not 100% sure), Tropius, and Absol
Gen 4: Carnivine
Gen 5: Audino, Throh & Sawk, Basculin, Maractus, Sigilyph, Emolga, Alomomola, Cryogonal, Stunfisk, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Heatmor, and Durant
Gen 6: Hawlucha, Dedenne, and Carbink

Though I excluded Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Unown, Relicanth, Spiritomb, and Rotom.

I'd imagine people would argue that the baby can be made into a new Pokémon, but the problem is that it's called Kangaskhan, so it can't.

I'd like to see joint pre-evolutions for Tauros & Miltank, Pinsir & Heracross, Solrock & Lunatone, and Throh & Sawk.

Solrock & Lunatone's could be a small meteor. As for Throh & Sawk's... I always imagined the little guy being purple. Pinsir and Heracross could be argued to have seperate pre-evolutions though.

Aside from those I'd like to see pre-evolutions for Lapras, Skarmory, Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Tropius, Absol, Carnivine, Audino, Basculin, Alomomola, Druddigon, and Hawlucha.

I'd like a third stage for Swanna, Arbok and Gorebyss.
And Cherrim, please, make something about it. It can get two evolutions depending of it form.

My wish for regular cross-gen evolutions have died due to how Game Freak is with evolution, but there's still hope for branch-evolutions and pre-evolutions.

• Dragonair
  • Porygon and Porygon2
  • Surskit
  • Diglett
  • Female-only evolutions for Machop
  • Haunter
  • Snorunt - I'd just like to see a fully evolved eskimo tbh
  • Male-only Gothorita evolution
I'm out of ideas right now, but I'll list more when I can think of any. As for pre-evolutions... I've made a list of Pokémon that can be given pre-evolutions going by the EVs they give.

Actually i'd like Girafarig get a new evolution as well.

And why a new Haunter evolution? I've always thought Haunter is more badass and should be the last evolution, not Gengar, but i think they are quite powerful. How would the new Haunter evolution stats ?
With Dragonair split evolution I completly agree. A dragon/water blue snake.
Surkist could evolve into water/bug too.

How about Eevee would become a ghost-type Morteon by fainting in a graveyard while you are near a big tomb. And Eevee could learn a new move called "Sidekick" to evolve into a fighting type Hiteon. Bug-type Insecteon could be when Eevee takes a lot of Bug Bite attacks from a new mosquito Pokémon called Vamsquito. Poison-type Toxeon could happen when Eevee is hit with a new move called "Radioactive". Flying type Birdeon could be when a Sky Stone is used on Eevee. Eevee could evolve into the Steel-type Metaleon when Eevee holds an Iron Armor while taking a hit from a fire-type attack. Eevee evolves into the Dragon-type Drakeon when it levels up near a Dragon Shrine. The ground type Sandeon could happen when Eevee levels up in a desert during a sandstorm while you stand near a sandy rock. The rock type Eeveelution Rockeon could be obtained by leveling up in a mountain near a special boulder.

But why tough? Is it because of mega evolution?

I just feel like we're not going to see anymore due to Eviolite and how Game Freak has treated evolution. Especially since after it was introduced, we got Sylveon and a bunch of Mega Evolutions instead of regular cross-gen evolutions.

I'd rather Game Freak stops caring about all that and introduces new cross-gen evolutions besides branch-evolutions or pre-evolutions. Which hopefully happens in Sun & Moon.

I just worry people will still be getting their hopes up for them returning if we get a third generation without regular cross-gen evolutions.

I'd like a third stage for Swanna, Arbok and Gorebyss.
And Cherrim, please, make something about it. It can get two evolutions depending of it form.

Actually i'd like Girafarig get a new evolution as well.

And why a new Haunter evolution? I've always thought Haunter is more badass and should be the last evolution, not Gengar, but i think they are quite powerful. How would the new Haunter evolution stats ?
With Dragonair split evolution I completly agree. A dragon/water blue snake.
Surkist could evolve into water/bug too.

I like the idea of evolutions for Cherrim. Grass/Fairy for Sunshine and Grass/Dark for Overcast?

Girafarig always interested me... I could see it turning into Psychic/Dark if it ever evolved. They could use the beta version of it for inspiration.

Haunter... I always liked its design more and I wish they expanded on it being limbless instead of connecting the hands and giving it legs. I dunno, Gengar just seemed boring in design compared to Haunter imo.

I was thinking of that for Dragonair and Surskit.

I just worry people will still be getting their hopes up for them returning if we get a third generation without regular cross-gen evolutions.
Well, gen 5 was supposed to be a "fresh start" so they obviously wouldn't make cross evolutions in it, and gen 6 focused on megas, and i highly doubt game freak is going to focus again on megas in gen 7, so i don't think they abonded regural cross evolutions for good.

Last edited:
I think that if current trends hold up then cross generational evolutions are pretty much dead and are only going to be gimmicks like Sylveon. I personally find megas preferable to regular evolutions too. Also I find added pre-evolutions (which are always baby Pokémon) to be pointless so I wouldn't miss them if they never showed up again. However, I'd really like to start to see what the new batch of mons contain before I make any real judgements on this gen.

Lapras evolution and pre-evolution. The baby can be pure Water. Evolution could be Water/Dragon with a Dragon version of Aerilate and some Dragon moves added to moveset? Maybe it could be a branch evolution of the pre-evolution so people have an option to evolve it into Lapras or the Water/Dragon evolution?

Nothing against prefering one mechanic to another, but I don't see any problem with mega evolutions coexisting with normal evolutions.
I think many Pokemons would benefit much more with a normal evolution, than a mega. Like Cherrim and Dunsparce, for example. This doesn't mean that they can't mega evolve in the future.

Another kind of evolution for Paras.

When you read upon what happens to it when it evolves, it's actually...kinda gruesome. Maybe give it an evolution where a parasite its born with doesn't take over its body, replacing the host tissue while the mushroom becomes the actual brain in control of Parasect.

More on this here.

Dragonair

This is one I've wanted for a while as well. Dragonair & Dragonite are pretty different. I do like both, but I'd like an evolution where Dragonair's regal and elegant appearance is kept and expanded upon, instead of the cute bulky Dragonite.

Last edited:
maybe Evee could evolve getting new moves and in special ocassion?
a new ghost , dragon or steel move that only can learn in the new regions by breeding or tuttors?

Some pokemon will not receive evolutions because doing so would destroy the joke they represent. Others are perfectly fine in single stages.

But personally? There's one pokemon that I feel should get a further evolution. I think it's time for Rapdiash to shine.

More ideas:
Noctwol should evolve into flying/psychic, or flying/dark
Sunflora fits grass/fire wth flash fire, but it fits anything, even pure grass again.
Stantler can evolve into normal/psychic or even normal/ghost
Corsola, Sentret, Seviper, Xatu, Chimecho, Helioptile, and Qwifish should evolve, probably mainting the same type
Delibird, Luvdisc, Seaking, Dunsparce, Stunfisk can get the Magikarp and Feebas treatment and evolve into awesome and beautiful pokemons.
Tranpich, Dragonair, Litwick, Tynamo can get split evolutions following their design and typing pattern

Is that i can think for now

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom