• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Evolutions

Between cross gen evolutions, Mega Evolutions, and regional variants, this is starting to get out of hand. Generation of simplicity indeed. They need to just pick something and stick with it, otherwise they're going to end up confusing the casual audience they just love to bend over backwards for (as well as everyone else). I don't care what they pick, just as long as they can provide power boosts for Pokemon that need it and new typings and concepts to breathe new life into old Pokemon.

Generation of simplicity indeed. They need to just pick something and stick with it, otherwise they're going to end up confusing the casual audience they just love to bend over backwards for (as well as everyone else). I don't care what they pick, just as long as they can provide power boosts for Pokemon that need it and new typings and concepts to breathe new life into old Pokemon.
Why do they need to pick just one thing? They can alternate between those concepts in every generation, keeping them fresh.

What they should never do is use more than one concept in a single game, or even a generation. And never do fusions as a mechanic, either...

I still have nightmares about the Synchro Evolutions that some fans were clamoring for. I still see you talking about it for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Hitmons, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Corsola.
Let them evolve into something beautiful or handsome. They've been forgotten for so long.

Common pre-evo for Tauros and Miltank.
In Pokemon Sun and Moon, Tauros and Miltank are grouped together on the Pokedex, so I think they should have pre-evos to link them together.

Between cross gen evolutions, Mega Evolutions, and regional variants, this is starting to get out of hand. Generation of simplicity indeed. They need to just pick something and stick with it, otherwise they're going to end up confusing the casual audience they just love to bend over backwards for (as well as everyone else). I don't care what they pick, just as long as they can provide power boosts for Pokemon that need it and new typings and concepts to breathe new life into old Pokemon.

Yes , better to use what the created this 7 generations and work on that then bringing to much new things.
I also would want some regional forms, megas , moves, abilities i right amount and not forgetting it totally.
But maybe mega Stones for Alolan pokemon will show up in other regions like it was with Kalos?

Torkoal got Drough, maybe not a evolution but a good boost.
Hope that they invest some time into old pokemon like Farfetched, really a samurai bird with green vegetable without the fighting type?

(I want a sand Muk thats ground/flying with Filter in some future genration. Or a sand based fast pokemon immune to physical attacks, ah we got Sandyghast , what a waist with Water Compaction)

Yes, I think they should focus on what they already have, and in the next game they don't add any new mechanic that change the Pokemon forms. I wish they don't forget evolutions. Megas are alright, but some pokemons just need evolutions. Sometimes simplier is the best.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom