• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New forum style available; Beginning of Style Polls

Which of the following Bulbagarden Forums skins would you like to see brought back as stop-gaps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
As we've previously mentioned elsewhere, switching over to XenForo has meant that we've had to pretty much start from scratch as far as forum styles are concerned. Sadly, there's no simple process to just convert those over.

While we are intending to have the old forum styles (in terms of colour schemes) return progressively over the coming months, this will be a fairly slow process. In fact, the process is taking a lot longer than we initially expected. We'd initially hoped to have the Christmas skin ready for you by the beginning of December, at currently it's looking like it won't be available until the 20th. The reason for the delay has been due to the development of a updated layout and general feel for the Christmas style, which is intended to be the base for our forums styles moving forward.

Because of that delay, we've decided to have a separate team of people working on some stop-gap styles, using the basic XenForo look and feel. These stop-gap styles will eventually be moved over to the new look, but for now they'll serve to give you a few additional options in case the Red of the ORAS style is a bit painful for you. It's a lot easier for us to produce these than it is to work on an entirely new layout, so we can afford to create a few of these for you to give you a lot more options sooner.

The first of these stop-gap styles is Bulbagarden Classic. We've used several variations on this colour scheme since 2000, and it was the original style that the Bulbagarden Forums reopened with in late 2002 when I took over as webmaster. You can switch to this style right now. At the bottom left of the forums, simply click on the style name (which should be ORAS for all of you currently) and open up the style chooser. Bulbagarden Classic should be the only other option in that list for now.

The next style however is completely up to you. If you go over to the MEMO: - Forum Style Development thread, you'll see I've uploaded preview images of most of the old Bulbagarden forum skins. We've selected 10 of the most popular skins from various eras of the forums. Go take a look, then vote for your top skin from that set. We'll develop the most popular skins from this list as placeholders (along with a few staff selected ones), and should have those ready for you before Christmas. This poll will close at the end of the weekend

I'm really hoping for the Xerneas skin to return soon because of the soft blue. Can we also get the Sinnoh Underground as well? The brown background was much better for my eyes because they didn't display any strong colors.

Whatever this blue skin is called ... you know how the link colors are blue for topics with new posts and green for topics with no new posts? Can you reverse that? The whole thing being blue tinted makes green a more visible color by default, so it should be the one used to highlight new posts.

Quick question, what are the general colors of the Distortion World skin? I was just curious, since I prefer black/brown themes due to them being easier on the eyes.

Good to see that Distortion World's coming back. I've always liked the dark colors of that stuff, and if i had gotten here earlier i would have voted for it.

Still waiting for the return of the Master Ball skin... All of the current skins are really underwhelming compared to it.

I'd love to see the April Fools 2007 "404 error" theme back... The black header on posts went well with the white background, it's the reason I use the ORAS theme. The other themes make it hard to read text with the distracting colour in the background.

I'd like to see The World Beyond theme return. Dark themes are so much easier on the eyes.

I'd like to see The World Beyond theme return. Dark themes are so much easier on the eyes.
I couldn't agree more with you... those were the only themes i used just for that very reason (especially Distortion World), I really miss it my eye's and I really want it back Q_Q

Five months and 19 days, and still no Distortion world or Xerneas skin on the horizon....

I'm sorry if i sounded disrespectful to the mods and Archaic's work, but the waiting is seriously getting tiresome ·_·

That's why I always liked the the Black and White 2 skin when it came out, very easy on the eyes for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom