• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New forum style now live; More to come (Evie's Den (Houndoom) style now live!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Well, it's been a long time coming, but we're finally ready to roll out the first of our new Bulbagarden forums styles. As we've mentioned in the past, the move from vBulletin to XenForo meant we had to say goodbye to our previous styles. Without a way to easily convert these over, we were put into the position of trying to recreate these styles from scratch. That hasn't gone easily, to say the least. While had planned to bring back a number of styles over the past 8 months, a number of personal issues IRL for the staff members working on the styles (myself included) had put those plans on ice. It's only in the past month or so that some of our team have been in a position to get back to work on these, and much of that time has been spent just in (re-)learning the frameworks and all their quirks.

The new style we're launching today is "Bluebook". Combining the classic Bulbagarden Forums blues with the asthetics of the classic minimalist monobook design of Bulbapedia, this style will be one of the basic templates our team will be using for Bulbagarden forums styles going forward. As this is the first time we've used this particular framework for a style, there may still be a few rough edges, so please let us know here in this thread if there's anything you think isn't working right. The style is only available in this particular framework for now, but for those who prefer the basic XenForo layout we'll be back-porting it to that in the near future.

Going forward, we hope to be able to launch at least one new style a month, chosen from some of the most popular styles from the old vBulletin, starting with the Distortion World and Xerneas styles that won the style poll months back, and a new Halloween theme. Once we're ready to start working on more themes, we'll launch a style poll to get your feedback on where to go next. Where possible, styles will be made available both in the basic XenForo look and feel that you've gotten used to over the past few months, as well as in this newer framework we're launching today. Other layouts and designs may be launched in future, as we start to get more used to these style frameworks, but we'll just stick with these two until we've got a decent number of styles ready.

It's great! Keep up the good work!

Hah, I thought something was wrong with my browser when I logged in. But it looks nice! Looking forward to what's to come.

Best new part? Bigger avatars and no borders. ;_;

Thanks team!

Hey I like this new look, can't wait for other styles to come! :)

I've been using the ORAS style since I've joined, but I quite like this one. Not in your face and it's easy on the eyes.

I really like the new look. Great work! :D

I don't know if you guys got my email when I sent an email using the contacts form but I've been having issues with this new theme:

1) Cannot log into the forums on firefox at all

2) As far as I can tell, every time I go to a new page on chrome, I also get logged out.

I don't know if you guys got my email when I sent an email using the contacts form but I've been having issues with this new theme:

1) Cannot log into the forums on firefox at all

2) As far as I can tell, every time I go to a new page on chrome, I also get logged out.
It seems this may be an issue with your cookies rather than the theme itself. To solve it, try this:

1. Close all tabs with Bulbagarden in it
2. Delete Bulbagarden cookies from the browser
3. Close the browser completely
4. Restart browser, open a totally new tab, open Bulba in that tab, and log in

Cannot wait for a darker version of this style, its much better for mobile then the default style. The menu bar especially is the best new thing.

I like the large avatar sizes, but the width of the post boxes doesn't stretch to fill the page. As a result, paragraphs get scrunched up and harder to read. It looks nice on mobile though.

I like the large avatar sizes, but the width of the post boxes doesn't stretch to fill the page. As a result, paragraphs get scrunched up and harder to read. It looks nice on mobile though.
At the bottom left of the page, next to the skin switcher, you should see a box with two arrows. Click it. It'll toggle the width to the full page. ;)

At the bottom left of the page, next to the skin switcher, you should see a box with two arrows. Click it. It'll toggle the width to the full page. ;)

omg you should've said this sooner, this was literally the only reason I wasn't using Bluebook haha. Hello large avatars :D

Ah! That makes me feel a bit silly. For whatever reason that wasn't obvious to me. In any case, that solves my only major gripe. It's looking great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom