• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NEW Fun and Games Rules, Guidelines, and Suggestions [updated 1/06/16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome to the Fun & Games Section!

Also known as F&G for short, this is a more relaxed section of BMGf. Please, come in and have some fun!

Bear in mind that post counts do not count in this section and all general forum rules of Bulbagarden apply here.

Rules and Guidelines

1/ Have You Read the Rules?
Chances are, every game you play has its own set of rules in the first post. Please check those out before you participate in a thread to avoid pointless posting.

2/ Do Not Double Post
Do not double post.
... well unless the game requires it, and no, the chat threads do not require this.
(Posts caused by the forum glitching up will not be held against you.)

3/ Limited Ping Ponging
Put simply, this is merely an exchange of consecutive posts between two posters that go on for some time. The limit is that two players shouldn't be going back and forth for more than a standard page (15 posts). We won't mind it so long as you're playing to the rules of the thread, but keep the dialogue open so others can hop in at any time.

4/ No Quote Pyramids and Limit Blank Quotes
A quote pyramid is a long string of quotes stacked within one post (see example 1 below). While having multiple quotes within a single post is often convenient to remind someone of a conversation in chat threads such as Random Messages, please don't continue a pyramid until it becomes a chore to scroll through and difficult to read.

In addition, please limit "blank quotes." These are posts that contain only a quote and nothing more. These are often used in games to show that you agree or want to express the same sentiment. Blank quotes are fine on occasion, but please don't have multiple successive posts of nothing but blank quotes. Likewise, do not create a blank quote pyramid. We want to hear what you have to say, not what others have already said!

4a/ How to Trim Down a Quote Pyramid
You can delete old quotes in the pyramid by deleting the text and the [noparse][/noparse] around it (see example example 2 below).

Example 1:

I'm doing fantastic I caught a shiny Bidoof today
that's so cool dude! I'm totally jelly
yeah you better be ;3
Example 2:

h8XIsmf.png

5/ Drama, Ridicule, and Underhanded Flaming
Disguising aggression in games is a no-go. This is not the place to vent about emotional problems or start disputes with other users. You will be infracted for inciting drama or insulting a user.

Always remember that we're here to relax and take it easy. ;3 Sure, we can have a little conversation on the side in some games, but no one wants to participate in a game where one person rains on everyone's parade.

6/ Host-Based Games
Some games require a user (either a mod or a game maker/host) to regularly update it or observe it. If you want to start a game in which you will act as a host and will regularly interact with the users playing the game, it is highly encouraged that you message a Fun and Games moderator with your idea prior to posting it. We don't want to make it harder to start games, we just want to make sure that your game will be a hit and that we understand it in case we need to help out.

7/ Limit Spoiler Pyramids
A spoiler pyramid is a long string of spoiler tags stacked within one post (see example 3 below). Please don't continue a pyramid beyond four spoiler tags, as it can become a chore to open them all.
Any post with more than four spoiler tags stacked within each other will be considered a pointless post.

Example 3:

8/ We're here when you need us
If you also feel the need to talk, the mods aren't shy to talk to you guys, drop on in if you ever feel a need.
@Enzap @Maniacal Engineer @TheCapsFan @Zexy @Scarlet Sky @SoaringDylan

Now that those are out of the way, feel free to post suggestions or ask questions pertaining to this section in this thread. Bounce around new ideas for games, ask what types of forum games others enjoy (eg. the one above games, story games, etc.). Also, please check out this thread, wherein Maniacal Engineer explains about pointless posts.

Last edited:
Pardon me Enzap, but example two is borked. Image won't load.

Edit: Since I do not own an Enzap, "my" has been corrected to "me"

Thank you for noticing this. I will attend to this when I get the chance unless @Kakuna Matata or @Berrenta get to it first.
On it. Also did some other updates.

Edit: Okay, I was going to figure out how to get it to work but I have some things to do. You or KM can do it if either of you want to.

Last edited:
I think it's somewhat moot now anyway, considering that the Quote and Reply functions automatically delete all quotes in the quoted post. It's a PITA to re type all those quotes in by hand, especially for inane reasons. Not even I would be dedicated enough to the Quote pyramid cause to do something like that.

@Enzap; It'd be worth revisiting that rule, if it takes too much effort to make a QP, people aren't going to do it. However, I still think they should be banned.

However, however, I'm not staff so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

So when creating an OP I can't put spoilers in spoilers to make the OP look smaller. Bummer.

Anyway, my question is if that is allowed.

1. Something about a rule.
    1. Something about a direction.
    Bla-more spoilee things.

So when creating an OP I can't put spoilers in spoilers to make the OP look smaller. Bummer.

Anyway, my question is if that is allowed.

1. Something about a rule.
    1. Something about a direction.
    Bla-more spoilee things.
That example would be allowed because you're only stacking one spoiler in another.
You can stack up to three spoilers. Any more than that and it gets a little excessive.
Also, having multiple spoilers stacked in a single spoiler is also allowed.
hello
I'm
ME.
Is still, technically, a "stack" of two spoilers.

ME did a good job of explaining it, but I would just like to clarify that rules such as the spoiler pyramid rule aren't meant to restrict meaningful posts; if your post happens to require the use of a spoiler pyramid based on the structure then that's fine. The rule is in place to limit pointless and hard to read posts not legitimate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom