• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Merch Roundup: Build-A-Bear’s jumbo Charizard, My Nintendo’s Pokémon Day rewards, and cutesy Easter merch coming to Pokémon Centers in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merch Roundup Build-A-Bear, My Nintendo Pokémon Day, and Yum Yum Easter.jpeg
There’s been some adorable new merchandise announced this week for fans in different parts of the world, from giant plushies to pastel tea cups. Already available as an online exclusive, Build-A-Bear has debuted the latest addition to their Pokémon lineup. The new Charizard plush is the first ever Pokémon available from Build-A-Bear as their Giant-Sized plush, coming in at 22 inches tall compared to the standard 13 to 15 inch-tall Pikachu. Charizard is only available online as a bundle with his scarf and trapper hat set for $115 USD, and there is a limit of 5 per customer.

My Nintendo has added some items to their rewards store in celebration of Pokémon Day 2024, including the return of some popular items. A printable “Happy Pokémon Day” card features Pikachu, Lechonk, and the Paldea starter Pokémon, and is available for download for 10 Platinum Points. The Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet mini notebook and highlighters have been restocked to the rewards store, available for 500 Platinum Points each. Finally, My Nintendo has brought back some digital wallpapers featuring the Paldea starters, free for download for any My Nintendo account member. Points can be earned by anyone with a My Nintendo account for using certain Nintendo apps, or buying and playing certain games for the Nintendo Switch. Physical rewards ship only to the U.S. and Canada, and shipping charges cannot be paid with Points.

Paldea starters notebook
Scarlet and Violet highlighters
Paldea starters background
Paldea starters background

Finally, fans in Japan can anticipate the new “Yum Yum Easter” collection of merchandise, scheduled to be released on February 29th at Pokémon Centers in Japan (excluding Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay) and on March 2nd on Pokémon Center Online. The collection is tea party-themed, featuring plushies of Pikachu, Scorbunny, and Pawmo holding Easter-themed sweets for ¥2,750 ($18.28 USD) each, and plush keychains of the three plus Swirlix and Fidough for ¥1,760 ($11.70USD) each. There is also a pastel tea set in the collection, with the teapot for ¥3,520 ($23.40 USD), a cup and saucer for ¥2,530 ($16,82 USD), a tea spoon and fork set for ¥1,320 ($8.78), and a tea mat also for ¥1,320 ($8.78). Several cute pastel accessories round out "Yum Yum Easter," like the Fidough barrette for ¥1,540 ($10.24 USD), an embroidered Swirlix brooch for ¥1,650 ($10.97 USD), and a candy-shaped pouch for ¥2,200 ($14.63 USD). The plushes and plush keychains will be available via Amazon Japan in limited quantities at a later date.

Yum Yum Easter Pikachu, Scorbunny, and Pawmo plushies
Yum Yum Easter plush keychains
Yum Yum Easter tea pot
Yum Yum Easter cup and saucer
Yum Yum Easter tea spoon and fork
Yum Yum Easter tea mat
Yum Yum Easter Fidough barrette
Yum Yum Easter Swirlix brooch
Yum Yum Easter candy pouch

Sources
Last edited:
KelsiDavis