• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Students joining Ash's Class? Should they introduce other Trial Captains this way?

L-05308

Reaction score
A student joining the class is such an obvious way to introduce more characters. I'd be really suprised if it never happens.

Acerola could come with a Sandygast. Since she becomes Elite Four in the games, I'd expect her to be really into battling.

Mina could also come with Ribombee.

In the games all the Trial Captains are between 11 and 19 years old so these girls, and Illima, will be around the same age as Ash and the others, I expect.

On the one hand, we should definitely see the other trial captains. On the other hand... we already have enough cast members that need development.

Maybe there's a school on another island and there will be some competition between the two classes? The "rivals" will be Ilima, Acerola, Mina, Hau, Hapu and possibly an exclusive character (a third guy, but Gladion wouldn't fit)? Hapu will get promoted to a Kahuna as in the games.

Last edited:
Since Ilima missed his chance and only Acerola and Mina (who lacks a trial) are left... Not likely.

It's a bit moot since Ash's friends helped him with the first trial more than Ilima did in the games.

I don't think the anime will carry over the captains from the games. Besides, a kahuna is just enough to send a trainer to do something, anyway (also noting that there doesn't seem to be a huge wave of trial goers).

As for the new students, I believe Mina would make a really good student character. Since the game didn't give her a story, writers can shape her up the way they want to. She'd be the artsy student, and carry her personality from the games, AND could serve as a stronger trainer as well, so Ash can have more than one trainer (Kiawe) to train with.

No thanks.

Ash-tachii is the biggest it's ever been, and they're having a bit of trouble with it. We really don't need MORE, thank you.

I have only watched the first two dubbed episodes, but past experience shows they struggle with handling the third character.
Them handling Ash + the Trial Captain's (7) + Lillie + Sophocles + etc would be a total mess...

maybe as teachers?
why not make captains battle and a somekind of tournament that is in Alola every year?
all regions got that.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom