• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Switch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I think that's a rather shallow way of judging whether or not you want a system, especially since what you see is basically what you get - an upgraded game with all the DLC from the get-go, updated mechanics, a proper battle mode and new characters. Expecting anything more was, in my eyes, at least, out of the question for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when it was confirmed to have that title, since it seems like the new course/track effort went into Battle Mode instead of new courses - trust me, I think I'd be a lot more mad at Nintendo if they made new courses instead of upgrading the Battle Mode.

And also, no streaming services on it at launch is not the end of the freakin' world. You could continue to use your existing devices, could you not? More power to you if you're sticking to your decision, by all means, but perhaps decisions in either case shouldn't be made so hastily... Make sure you at least have enough games that look interesting to you on PlayStation before you make the move!

I myself am actually holding out on getting a Nintendo Switch until the games I want to play are released - and that won't come for a while yet. The launch day stuff does not have me sold just yet, and though I would happily buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because I love the original so much, the first real system seller for me will be Splatoon 2.

Edit: On the note of the Fire Emblem Direct... A new FE title on the Nintendo Switch, huh? Oh, geez. I will say this much about what was said - they said it was a return to home consoles for the franchise, which was last seen in Radiant Dawn. I think that's a pretty big reinforcement of how much Nintendo wants to emphasise that it's a home console first and a portable second.
When your talking about buying a game you've already spent 60 bucks on plus extra for the dlc courses it isn't shallow to expect alot.

Would I pay 60 more dollars for a battle mode and some new characters? No,would I pay 50 or 60 bucks to get skrlyrim again? No
In the year 2017 would I buy a home console that doesn't have something as simple as streaming services? No

Even the TV's you buy now have at least that built it,any home console that only plays games is a waste of money.

If it don't have streaming you have to ask what else dosent it do?

When your talking about buying a game you've already spent 60 bucks on plus extra for the dlc courses it isn't shallow to expect alot.
In the amount of time it would have taken since the end of the previous piece of DLC (which was April 28, 2015, almost 2 years), how long would they have been at work on this sort of thing? The team would have moved on to other things, we're not sure whether or not it would have been this or something else entirely. Keep in mind that it could have all been a tech demo for the purposes of that promotional video before they decided they would actually release it as an upgraded game... In my eyes, while it is a bit heinous to have released this sort of thing, it's undoubtedly marketing at work and it will draw people who may not have played the game before to pick up the new system and try out something that was very popular on its release. For us who bought the previous game and all of its DLC (which is dirt cheap compared to every other piece of DLC in a Nintendo game to be honest), it's up to us to determine whether or not the new features are worth it or not for the amount of time that they had to work on it. Otherwise they may as well just work on an entirely new Mario Kart - and we'd have to wait even longer for that to come out. Besides, for my money I think it's worth the investment - the Mario Kart 8 community will be revived, everyone has access to everything from the get-go and there's even new characters to choose from. I may not get the game on its launch day even still, but I'll be glad for that part, at least, because the game is incredibly polished and in this form it's got more content than any other Mario Kart before it (Edit: Even with the Extra courses in Mario Kart Super Circuit, that game only has 40 courses total compared to MK8DX's 48, so by that merit it's the only one that comes close for courses - but it does not beat it out).
Would I pay 60 more dollars for a battle mode and some new characters? No,would I pay 50 or 60 bucks to get skrlyrim again? No
And more power to you if that's what your decision is. I assume the rest of the revealed titles hold little interest in your mind? It's not good to accentuate the negative without looking at the bigger picture.
In the year 2017 would I buy a home console that doesn't have something as simple as streaming services? No
This is probably the very first time I have seen someone berate a video game console for not having video streaming services. Like, what the hell? Are we suddenly moving back into the Xbox One multimedia box mentality? Honestly, it's a pretty silly reason among other, more valid reasons (in my honest opinion), to be sceptical about the Nintendo Switch. Did any of the other consoles that currently have streaming services have them at launch? How long would it take for these companies to develop such an application (especially if they want to keep the existence of this system top secret to most people, save for game developers)? At least consider that before trying to use it as your excuse to not buy a console.
Even the TV's you buy now have at least that built it
Then watch these streaming services on the TV! It's not that hard!
any home console that only plays games is a waste of money.
Game consoles can be multimedia devices, but remember this - they are, first and foremost, game consoles. It's not their top priority - unless you were Microsoft prior to 2014 - to make a multimedia box that happened to be a game console as its primary function. I don't know if you remember how much flak Microsoft received when they first revealed it, but it can be summed up as "Where's my video games?"
If it don't have streaming you have to ask what else dosent it do?
It doesn't alienate the gaming populace by lacking it. Rather, other aspects do it for the Switch, but that's another matter entirely and is basically the same sort of thing that happened with the Wii.

Last edited:
In the amount of time it would have taken since the end of the previous piece of DLC (which was April 28, 2015, almost 2 years), how long would they have been at work on this sort of thing? The team would have moved on to other things, we're not sure whether or not it would have been this or something else entirely. Keep in mind that it could have all been a tech demo for the purposes of that promotional video before they decided they would actually release it as an upgraded game... In my eyes, while it is a bit heinous to have released this sort of thing, it's undoubtedly marketing at work and it will draw people who may not have played the game before to pick up the new system and try out something that was very popular on its release. For us who bought the previous game and all of its DLC (which is dirt cheap compared to every other piece of DLC in a Nintendo game to be honest), it's up to us to determine whether or not the new features are worth it or not for the amount of time that they had to work on it. Otherwise they may as well just work on an entirely new Mario Kart - and we'd have to wait even longer for that to come out. Besides, for my money I think it's worth the investment - the Mario Kart 8 community will be revived, everyone has access to everything from the get-go and there's even new characters to choose from. I may not get the game on its launch day even still, but I'll be glad for that part, at least, because the game is incredibly polished and in this form it's got more content than any other Mario Kart before it (Edit: Even with the Extra courses in Mario Kart Super Circuit, that game only has 40 courses total compared to MK8DX's 48, so by that merit it's the only one that comes close for courses - but it does not beat it out).

And more power to you if that's what your decision is. I assume the rest of the revealed titles hold little interest in your mind? It's not good to accentuate the negative without looking at the bigger picture.

This is probably the very first time I have seen someone berate a video game console for not having video streaming services. Like, what the hell? Are we suddenly moving back into the Xbox One multimedia box mentality? Honestly, it's a pretty silly reason among other, more valid reasons (in my honest opinion), to be sceptical about the Nintendo Switch. Did any of the other consoles that currently have streaming services have them at launch? How long would it take for these companies to develop such an application (especially if they want to keep the existence of this system top secret to most people, save for game developers)? At least consider that before trying to use it as your excuse to not buy a console.

Then watch these streaming services on the TV! It's not that hard!

Game consoles can be multimedia devices, but remember this - they are, first and foremost, game consoles. It's not their top priority - unless you were Microsoft prior to 2014 - to make a multimedia box that happened to be a game console as its primary function. I don't know if you remember how much flak Microsoft received when they first revealed it, but it can be summed up as "Where's my video games?"

It doesn't alienate the gaming populace by lacking it. Rather, other aspects do it for the Switch, but that's another matter entirely and is basically the same sort of thing that happened with the Wii.
The big picture is Nintendo has always been behind the times especially in the internet Dept.

They should be coming out guns blazing,I mean they did just give up on a console mid cycle.....I can't remember ever seeing that before.

They just screwed up so bad they had to ditch a console mid cycle and desperately try something else.

Things like no Netflix might not mean alot to you but it does to alot of people, especially people who can't afford alot.

It was big enough news that I saw reports on FB and my news apps about no Netflix on switch and no new Mario kart courses but it wasn't till I hit this forum that I saw anything about fire emblem on switch.

To your casual gamer which is who drives Nintendo sales,no streaming may or may not be a big thing but what it is is something that puts doubt in the general crowd about buying switch,done Nintendo don't need.

You and me we know all about switch,we care,80 percent of people who saw the article about no Netflix will probably never know or care when switch does get it,they've already been influenced.

It's 2017 and your in a mid cycle leap of faith,you gotta play your cards right

The big picture is Nintendo has always been behind the times especially in the internet Dept.
That's not what I meant! Sure, what you said may be true, but when I meant about the bigger picture, I was more talking about the titles in addition to what the console is on its own. At least answer me directly on that front - My question was, do the rest of the titles not interest you enough to consider getting the Nintendo Switch at any point in 2017?
They should be coming out guns blazing,I mean they did just give up on a console mid cycle.....I can't remember ever seeing that before.

They just screwed up so bad they had to ditch a console mid cycle and desperately try something else.
I'm not sure whether or not they ditched the console entirely, and whether or not they were in desperation - but I know they wanted to change something after 2014 basically dropped a bomb for them financially. To be honest if they were desperate, we'd know - their position is not exactly dire as of yet.
Things like no Netflix might not mean alot to you but it does to alot of people, especially people who can't afford alot.
If they can't afford a lot, then how the heck would they care about the Nintendo Switch and streaming services? Granted, that may be underselling the average budget of these people, but geez, I think these people are way in over their heads about this. Do we have an ETA on when it could come?
It was big enough news that I saw reports on FB and my news apps about no Netflix on switch and no new Mario kart courses but it wasn't till I hit this forum that I saw anything about fire emblem on switch.
And more power to you if that's what you really care about.
To your casual gamer which is who drives Nintendo sales,no streaming may or may not be a big thing but what it is is something that puts doubt in the general crowd about buying switch,done Nintendo don't need.

You and me we know all about switch,we care,80 percent of people who saw the article about no Netflix will probably never know or care when switch does get it,they've already been influenced.

It's 2017 and your in a mid cycle leap of faith,you gotta play your cards right
It's 2017 and I'm fairly sure that it's not a big deal if these same people have other ways to access the same content. The kind of people who care about this sort of thing would most likely already have access to devices that can perform this task for them. I know I'm being very thickheaded about this, but I really think people need to think of practical solutions to their problems. If they have the existing subscription to such things as Netflix that are said to be coming to Nintendo Switch, just view it on whatever other existing media you have access to. Having or not having a Nintendo Switch with the capability to do this at launch is not a big friggin' deal to those who care about what the primary purpose of the games console is - those who care about it shouldn't be up in arms over the situation and either just not buy the system and use their existing media, or buy it when the time comes for the app to release.

Whatever... I'm done with this argument unless you can tell me exactly when each console that supports it got the ability to stream from stuff like Netflix or Crunchyroll - I'm still not convinced that this is a day and age where a gaming console multimedia box with said streaming devices comes standard on day one of launch, and I'm fairly sure the people who care about this sort of thing already have a million devices in their house that could do the same thing. What are you going to do, buy Netflix solely to stream on one console? The whole point of being subbed to such services is being able to login and view all those shows you get access to on any compatible device from practically wherever, so use your head, people!

That's not what I meant! Sure, what you said may be true, but when I meant about the bigger picture, I was more talking about the titles in addition to what the console is on its own. At least answer me directly on that front - My question was, do the rest of the titles not interest you enough to consider getting the Nintendo Switch at any point in 2017?

I'm not sure whether or not they ditched the console entirely, and whether or not they were in desperation - but I know they wanted to change something after 2014 basically dropped a bomb for them financially. To be honest if they were desperate, we'd know - their position is not exactly dire as of yet.

If they can't afford a lot, then how the heck would they care about the Nintendo Switch and streaming services? Granted, that may be underselling the average budget of these people, but geez, I think these people are way in over their heads about this. Do we have an ETA on when it could come?

And more power to you if that's what you really care about.

It's 2017 and I'm fairly sure that it's not a big deal if these same people have other ways to access the same content. The kind of people who care about this sort of thing would most likely already have access to devices that can perform this task for them. I know I'm being very thickheaded about this, but I really think people need to think of practical solutions to their problems. If they have the existing subscription to such things as Netflix that are said to be coming to Nintendo Switch, just view it on whatever other existing media you have access to. Having or not having a Nintendo Switch with the capability to do this at launch is not a big friggin' deal to those who care about what the primary purpose of the games console is - those who care about it shouldn't be up in arms over the situation and either just not buy the system and use their existing media, or buy it when the time comes for the app to release.

Whatever... I'm done with this argument unless you can tell me exactly when each console that supports it got the ability to stream from stuff like Netflix or Crunchyroll - I'm still not convinced that this is a day and age where a gaming console multimedia box with said streaming devices comes standard on day one of launch, and I'm fairly sure the people who care about this sort of thing already have a million devices in their house that could do the same thing. What are you going to do, buy Netflix solely to stream on one console? The whole point of being subbed to such services is being able to login and view all those shows you get access to on any compatible device from practically wherever, so use your head, people!
Of the games I've seen Im interested in Zelda,Mario Odyssey,and splatoon 2.

Skyrim and the other 3rd party ports don't interest me,I'd rather see new games suited to the switch by those people.

I love Nintendo but I'm not interested in buying a console just to play Nintendo games or old ports.

Your still not getting the point about streaming services,it isn't about people buying the switch to access Netflix or Hulu.

It's about what not having them says.

The first thing I thought is" kinda weird for a new system in 2017 to not have this,I wonder what else it can't do".

Then you click into the comments on a non gamer centered news feed and see reg people confused about it.

The big picture for Nintendo is pulli in casual people,hardcore gamers will or won't buy switch as a second or third console based off the games released.

Casual gamers get influenced by things like this,they aren't just buying it to play Mario,it looks like a pad so when it don't do what a pad can it turns people off of it

Your still not getting the point about streaming services,it isn't about people buying the switch to access Netflix or Hulu.

It's about what not having them says.
Is it really such a dealbreaker? What my point was is, would the companies have such services primed and ready for launch day at short notice? I don't think a console with a new interface and inner workings would be working first and foremost to develop those sorts of things - they'd be focusing on the technology itself, and the games that people want to make for the system. In my eyes, at least, what not having streaming services says about the system with so many titles on the horizon is that the dev kits were given to the people that want to work with it most - game developers. It's not like any major streaming service out there has an active partnership with Nintendo to get them on a Nintendo platform - they've never really been that sort of company to delve so deep into streaming services for their consoles and they certainly won't put it as the highest priority to get them out there now.
The first thing I thought is" kinda weird for a new system in 2017 to not have this,I wonder what else it can't do".
But then you have to think to yourself, did any console have this stuff at their launch? I'm still waiting on that answer. It's such a meme mentality to go
> no streaming service at launch in 2017
1x
Without considering what the probable more important things are.
Then you click into the comments on a non gamer centered news feed and see reg people confused about it.
This is the sort of thing that makes me really wonder how we survived a world without this stuff in the past... I'd be parroting myself in spades to go on about it, but I may as well do it one more time - people should really just stick to what existing services they have if they're so concerned!
The big picture for Nintendo is pulli in casual people
What do you even mean by this part, if I may ask? Who are said casuals? Are they really going to be that influential overall?
Casual gamers get influenced by things like this,they aren't just buying it to play Mario,it looks like a pad so when it don't do what a pad can it turns people off of it
Is "pad" supposed to be synonymous for tablet? I mean, for sure there's a lot of influence from tablet and mobile gaming, and that's something which is undoubtedly part of the philosophy that created the Nintendo Switch in the first place, but is it really that hard to see it for what it really is?

I really should stop arguing with you. Your view and mine have both been stated, and it's clear we're not gonna move from this mentality. So I think we'll just have to agree to disagree and end it at that. I'd rather move on to arguing about a different topic at this point...

Gotta agree with you here. Exactly why there's not a single chance I'm buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I already bought the game once, and I bought all the DLC for it (and damn was it over-priced). The new additions, however many or few someone may see them, are not worth another $60. I'll probably get a Switch eventually, when enough games are coming out for it that I care about, and when they've updated it enough to be up to standards like you said. But right now I just don't care about Switch. Nothing against those who do though. Hope the console is a good experience for you guys in the early stages of its life. I don't wanna make the same mistake I did with the Wii U, despite it eventually becoming a good console with a good library.

And I understand your bigger point. It's not about you. It's not about us. We know about the Switch, and we're the kind of fans that would still buy it ASAP when more good games come out. And we'll know about them as soon as they're announced. But we are a small minority, and the biggest chunk of Nintendo's sales has to rely on casual gamers/casual customers. And you're right. Every little thing, even something as insignificant as video streaming, is enough to plant a seed of lost faith in thousands of casual customers--leading to the furthering of the (somewhat correct) notion that Nintendo is slow, out of touch, falling far behind industry standards, and not worth buying anymore. I love Nintendo, and I know they are high quality with their games. But most people don't get that. They need to see the Switch with every single amenity that Xbox and Playstation have. If Nintendo's console isn't at least equal in features and power to theirs', they're gonna keep having these disappointments (in terms of the whole market). It's the same reasons that the Wii U was considered a giant failure (though I love my Wii U, I'm in the minority of hard core fans), and why I'm afraid Switch won't do much better. I only hope I'm wrong.

What do you even mean by this part, if I may ask? Who are said casuals? Are they really going to be that influential overall?

Not to resurrect this further, but yeah it's a big deal. A really big deal. Casuals are the vast majority of the market. People not like us. People who don't watch livestreams of Nintendo Directs and talk about them on forums. People who aren't serious gamers, but enjoy buying game consoles when there are fun games for themselves or their family to play. Whatever type of casual player they are, they are a huge chunk. And every single Facebook article they see with "Nintendo fails again!" or "Switch's power and lineup doesn't stack up" and other such articles will give them a bad bias and taste towards Switch that the Wii U started years ago. Doesn't matter if those things are true. All you have to do is look at the Wii U's failure. That's because the casual market did not buy in. Big Nintendo fans stuck with it, and we were much more of the Wii U's sales percentage than we were supposed to. As I said, the casual market is easily swayed by every single misstep, every lack of an industry standard feature, every extra dollar they see themselves paying for something that isn't good enough, every negative article with some kernel of truth to put Nintendo down. These matter. Without casual/general market sales from these millions of people, Nintendo would have, well, another Wii U situation. I hope I'm properly getting my point across. It's not about you, me, us, anyone here. It's about the gigantic chunk of the market who are "casuals." THEY are why the Wii and DS succeeded so hugely. Nintendo can't live on us. They need to win back the casual market that bought the DS and Wii, and the Wii U didn't do them any favors, and we're afraid the Switch may do the same.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you here. Exactly why there's not a single chance I'm buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I already bought the game once, and I bought all the DLC for it (and damn was it over-priced). The new additions, however many or few someone may see them, are not worth another $60. I'll probably get a Switch eventually, when enough games are coming out for it that I care about, and when they've updated it enough to be up to standards like you said. But right now I just don't care about Switch. Nothing against those who do though. Hope the console is a good experience for you guys in the early stages of its life. I don't wanna make the same mistake I did with the Wii U, despite it eventually becoming a good console with a good library.

And I understand your bigger point. It's not about you. It's not about us. We know about the Switch, and we're the kind of fans that would still buy it ASAP when more good games come out. And we'll know about them as soon as they're announced. But we are a small minority, and the biggest chunk of Nintendo's sales has to rely on casual gamers/casual customers. And you're right. Every little thing, even something as insignificant as video streaming, is enough to plant a seed of lost faith in thousands of casual customers--leading to the furthering of the (somewhat correct) notion that Nintendo is slow, out of touch, falling far behind industry standards, and not worth buying anymore. I love Nintendo, and I know they are high quality with their games. But most people don't get that. They need to see the Switch with every single amenity that Xbox and Playstation have. If Nintendo's console isn't at least equal in features and power to theirs', they're gonna keep having these disappointments (in terms of the whole market). It's the same reasons that the Wii U was considered a giant failure (though I love my Wii U, I'm in the minority of hard core fans), and why I'm afraid Switch won't do much better. I only hope I'm wrong.

Not to resurrect this further, but yeah it's a big deal. A really big deal. Casuals are the vast majority of the market. People not like us. People who don't watch livestreams of Nintendo Directs and talk about them on forums. People who aren't serious gamers, but enjoy buying game consoles when there are fun games for themselves or their family to play. Whatever type of casual player they are, they are a huge chunk. And every single Facebook article they see with "Nintendo fails again!" or "Switch's power and lineup doesn't stack up" and other such articles will give them a bad bias and taste towards Switch that the Wii U started years ago. Doesn't matter if those things are true. All you have to do is look at the Wii U's failure. That's because the casual market did not buy in. Big Nintendo fans stuck with it, and we were much more of the Wii U's sales percentage than we were supposed to. As I said, the casual market is easily swayed by every single misstep, every lack of an industry standard feature, every extra dollar they see themselves paying for something that isn't good enough, every negative article with some kernel of truth to put Nintendo down. These matter. Without casual/general market sales from these millions of people, Nintendo would have, well, another Wii U situation. I hope I'm properly getting my point across. It's not about you, me, us, anyone here. It's about the gigantic chunk of the market who are "casuals." THEY are why the Wii and DS succeeded so hugely. Nintendo can't live on us. They need to win back the casual market that bought the DS and Wii, and the Wii U didn't do them any favors, and we're afraid the Switch may do the same.
I love what you say about the casuals here,it's exactly right.

I quit looking at Nintendo thru my fanboy eyes and I didn't like what I saw,I looked at the switch as if I'm a parent choosing I device for my child.

As a random casual fan who would be confused by what looks like an iPad but only plays Nintendo games,when I could buy my child a reg pad for a 100 bucks that does way more or just buy him a 2ds for the same.

The only people excited by the switch are fanboys and people who expect the switch to combine the home and mobile libraries of Nintendo into one do all

It would help if journalism on gaming would stop all the clickbait... All that I see above is make me realise that we live in a sad society heavily dependent on the existence of certain things through technology. I will admit that the casuals are important, yes, but damnit - didn't we use to live in a time where these things weren't so commonplace? I don't care whether or not it really is that important to have it in general, you don't buy a games console solely for streaming services!

I'm sorry for acting rather angrily, but this is really draining to talk about my thoughts and opinions, and especially to believe that such a casual populace is dependent on these things to survive in the digital age... I should have been done with this topic ages ago. Then again, shame on me for actually replying to it in the first place...

The days where a home console only plays games are long gone.

Just like phones that only make calls.

For future reference, please refrain from making disparaging remarks about casual gamers. Regardless about whatever any of you may personally feel about them, they are as much a part of this community as "hardcore" gamers are.

So I figured that i'd drop my two cents here, and let just say, Tl;DR I'M RIDING THE HYPE TRAIN BABY

1-2 switch looks really quirky and fun! We still don't know a lot about it.
ARMS looks creative and fun, too much reflex required from me tho.
Man I love the Splatoon Guy. Game looks good too!
I'm also really excited for a game like Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy. I really liked the exploration feel of those games and would love to play more it! Especially if I'm not timed!
Monolith I though you were doing something new, but I don't mind, I can Xenoblade for days, and this one looks like it' set in the same cannon as Xenoblade chronicles! Nifty!
this is my thoughts on FE Warriors
I'm not really interested in Dragon Quest, Skyrim, NMH, or SMT so I can't really say much, don't know much about Project Octopath Traveler but I think that's a cool name!
Breath of the Wild is still A++

In conclusion I would preorder the switch if a. I had money and b, there still being any preoders left

[strike]the only other thing that would have made my day would be a TWEWY 2, someday.[/strike]

It would help if journalism on gaming would stop all the clickbait... All that I see above is make me realise that we live in a sad society heavily dependent on the existence of certain things through technology.

Oh, absolutely. Agreed.

I will admit that the casuals are important, yes, but damnit - didn't we use to live in a time where these things weren't so commonplace? I don't care whether or not it really is that important to have it in general, you don't buy a games console solely for streaming services!

Again, totally agreed. But times have changed. I don't personally care about the streaming services. I don't think any of us do. But the fact is that there are industry standards and Nintendo has tended to fall behind them. Personally, that doesn't bother you and I. We're on the same page.

Just saw three reports of 3rd party developers saying there's no way their bringing their games to switch.

It was resident evil 7 , borderlands
3 and I kinda forgot the other,I think it was the battlefield franchise.

An argument I used on a different forum I think sums up switch pretty good.

Nintendo shouldn't have marketed switch as a home console that could go mobile but as a mobile tablet that can hook to a TV.

If triple A developers don't bring their titles to your console is it really a console? The switch is more of an underpowered tablet that only plays Nintendo games,and it might get good 3rd party support or not but it will never get the big releases from them because it's underpowered.

I don't care about game power necessarily but without it your limiting your console.

Nintendo has the money,the time,and the talent,why not have made switch the ultimate thing?

You might argue it'd be too expensive for the consumer to buy but as is it's more expensive than a ps4,a tablet,or a 3ds,which can all do way more.

In fact if you add up the costs or a switch,a new memory card,a 2nd pair of joycon controllers,and a game your treading close to the 5 or 6 hundred dollar range.

I'd much rather pay less for a proven product with more power, capabilities, capacity,and support from every major game producer.

If triple A developers don't bring their titles to your console is it really a console?
Wii and Wii U would suggest so, if not their predecessors which were actually ahead of the power game.

I don't really disagree with you, though. My last Nintendo console was the GameCube and I bought it for Colosseum. The few non-Pokemon games I played on DS and 3DS are the sort of games that are more common on PC these days.

As it happens, though, a lot of Pokemon fans bought Nintendo handhelds primarily for Pokemon. I don't think that the Switch will be different unless they take ages to promote it as a powerful handheld.

Last edited:
It doesn't appear that they intend to bench the 3DS yet, going based off of the Fire Emblem Direct anyway. They seemed to downplay the portability in the presentation compared to the original trailer back in October too.

It doesn't appear that they intend to bench the 3DS yet, going based off of the Fire Emblem Direct anyway.
The 3DS has some upcoming games, but none of them are very big and I believe that most will be released by summer. Warriors is an exception, being a New 3DS version of the Switch game.

They seemed to downplay the portability in the presentation compared to the original trailer back in October too.
Which is, in the eyes of many, a mistake. But it is not too late to change that.

Though I suppose the only way to know for sure if the 3DS is sticking around much longer will be if it gets much coverage at E3 and other game shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom