• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Noivern vs. Crobat

Winterdaze

fight me
Reaction score
715Noivern_Dream.png

vs.
OeZ3nBE.png

Besides sharing a common origin in bats, the similarities between these two cave-dwelling Pokemon run very deep indeed.

Both are speed demons with fairly average offensive power, with Crobat favouring physical attacks while Noivern prefers special moves. In battle they function very similarly, relying on disruption and stall-breaking rather than brute force. They have the exact same BST, HP, Defence, and Special Defence stats and both can have Infiltrator as an ability.

Which do you prefer, the wyvern boombox or the poisonous assassin?

Noivern. It's one of my favorite Pokemon, and my favorite Gen 6 design along with Pangoro. It just looks cooler and I love using it in battle.
Crobat's cool too, but it doesn't beat Noivern.

I've never used either, but I'll say Noivern. Over the years I've grown to hate Zubat and Golbat so much that the hate has sort of carried over. Sorry Crobat :u

I have never really liked Poison types to begin with, Zubat's family included (them being the poster child for "goddamn bats" and all). Trudging through dark caves under the constant threat of poison and confusion is not fun.

I guess Noivern. I think its pretty ugly, butit's also kinda cool. Besides that, I was never overly fond of Crobat's design either. I've never used a Crobat, but I used Noivern in my first X team and liked it for the most part. I also like Noivern's typing more than Crobat's.

I have to choose Noivern, Crobat and its evolutions have been the source of so much grief for me. Zubat and Golbat are overly common (Pre-Gen V) and have annoying status moves like Confuse Ray to make them a chore to deal with, whilst Crobat's high speed and annoyer role makes it equally as irritating to deal with in competitive battles. Noivern, on the other hand, has a great special movepool, and an awesome rare move in Boomburst. It's very useful for triple battles, one of my favourite battle types, and it has a cry that sounds like an evil laugh.

Noivern has a brilliant design and inspiration, and I never expected to see a bat-dragon, or is that a dragon-bat? Noibat is pretty cute too. And the Noivern on my Y team is really good in battle. Easily one of my favourite Pokemon these days. Crobat, I do like, but not as much as Noivern. I won't deny its pretty useful, but it's design is a little bland compared to Noivern for me. Voted Noivern.

Yeah, Noibat is cute and emphasizes the 'bat' part of the design, but with Noivern emphasizing the 'dragon' part (being a flying-fox/wyvern/dragon thing) makes the new sonic bat (ahem) one sexy thing. Flying/Dragon is a known type combination (beware Ice), but it's got a lot of great moves, too. Especially Super Fang, really useful outside the competitive arena for catching wild Pokemon (regardless of level).

Crobat, Noivern is just ugly. In theory, a bat dragon should be cooler than a 4-winged bat in every way, but Crobat is just designed better. Its more simplistic design just wins me over.

I like Crobat, due to being one of the few flying types that I liked since Generation 2. Just the recent moves buffs in Generation 6 just makes Crobat a superior supporter for any team. Also being the fastest Sleep inducing pokemon in the game is really nice (Annoyance ahoy!) and Haze is nice. Crobat's movepool isn't the best in the game but he can fulfill with many different roles with the moves he has. I also like his design and Golbat's design in Red/Blue~ It's so weird and funny... I wish it still had that tongue.

Still I have to say one thing about Noivern... it has the superior moves for hitting hard.

Mmm...this is pretty tough, because I've grown attached to Crobat ever since trying it out in Gen III. Noivern is pretty badass as well, mostly because of it's design, but I don't think anything else stands out from it. Gotta stick with Crobat on this one.

Crobat gives me too much nostalgia. It's rooted pretty deeply in both the games side of me and the fanfiction side of me. Because it was one of the original cool pokemon.

It's even pretty interesting in competitive battling. There are quite a few pokemon that can be "omg choice specs draco meteor other powerful attacks", but there are very few pokemon that use something along the lines of Brave Bird/Taunt/U-turn/Roost and use all of those moves effectively and for different reasons. Only Gyarados and maybe Heatran approach that kind of diversity. Crobat is an offensive+defensive+support pokemon all combined into one (if anyone played 4th gen UU, you understand.)

I've always thought crobat was sort of ugly, really (sorry, old fans), but I really love noivern's design. Use your powers of deduction to guess which I voted for.

I always thought Noivern was really ugly, but I always thought Crobat looked great, and was amazing in battle.

I love Noivern. I'll take a Dragon over a Poison-type any day and I think it just looks awesome.

I like Noivern a little more ^_^ But actually I think Zubat and Noibat (and woobat) are much cooler than both of them.

Crobat Duhh only pokemon to pull off a Sleek design AND Be annoying as crud [video=youtube;WhRbmk_Ub0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRbmk_Ub0g[/video]

Noivern, hands down. While the Zubat family has gotten better over time (mainly thanks to things like improved moves), it's gotten really tiresome to see it, especially how "frequent" its encounter rates are, both in the games themselves and the generations. I've used both, but Noivern fits my style, needs, and strategies much better, plus it has a much cooler design. It's easily my favorite Gen 6 Mon, ever since its pre-release images and such. Plus the Dragon typing is better than Poison both offensively and defensively, and it has greater flexibility in terms of moves and strategies. Plus the fact that Noibat is just SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!

So my vote goes to Noivern.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom