• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NU Pokemon you wish were better?

Personally, I would like to see Magmortar become a better Pokemon. It has a cool design and relatively high attacking stats to complement its large movepool, but its pure fire typing and mediocre speed make it a crappier version of Infernape.

sandslash, marowak, tropius, abomasnow, crustle. Mostly just because i think they look cool and i like the idea behind them.

I bet you could find a use for meganium, the greatest starter pokemon of all time.

Crustle can't be NU because there currently isn't any such tier in Generation V. Also, Abomasnow is BL in Generation IV and UU in Generation V.

Meganium. To stop all the hating.

Word.

I still posit that it's not so hard to do, either.

Give it Baton Pass, Wish and Dragon Dance. Now you have a Dance passing, status removing, wishing, screen summoning bulky grass type to contend with. She's basically the ultimate supporter. It's what she's supposed to be built for, after all. I say let her be good at it, goddamnit. Her poor typing and the existance of Chansey/Blissey and Cresselia will still keep her from being broken, but at least with those three moves she could actually become a viable threat and stop being treated as a joke.

I would like Persian to stop being NU.

Also, same with Farfetchd

^ Regirock is UU. That Rock typing has many weaknesses, but a 50% Sp. Defense boost combined with that beastly Defense and decent Attack makes it a pretty nice tank in UU.

EDIT: Damn it, Smogon. Changing tiers behind my back... Well, I never paid that much attention to UU, anyway.

Last edited:
I'll hand this to Grumpig. I've found many ways to use it, but nobody else has, apparently. :sweatlol:

Regirock is actually NU just to clarify. In fact it's been like that for a while now, which is not surprising considering it was pretty inferior to Registeel anyway.

The one...the only...FARFETCH'D!!!

Oh, and Lickilicky.
I agree with both of these, especially Farfetch'd!

I would like Beedrill to be better, because he looks totally cool and looks like he should be more powerful. Alas, such is the problem with bug-types..... In fact, come to think of it, all Bug-types need an upgrade in strength!

In fact, come to think of it, all Bug-types need an upgrade in strength!
I dunno. There are bugs like Yanmega, Volcarona, Scizor, and Genesect that perform just fine. Not all of them need an upgrade (though quite a few of 'em would love to shed the Stealth Rock weakness).

You forgot about Venomoth and Scolipede. In the lower tiers, they're pretty cool.

Charizard (Give it Earth Power for crying out loud, and bring back Dragon Pulse with it)
Raichu (He's the full evolved form of the series's mascot, so it needs to perform better with wider movepool or have the light ball work on him too)
Magmortar (Perfect example of why evolutions shouldn't make them worse)
Wigglytuff (Full evolved form of the secondary mascot of the series, it deserves a special item like the light ball)
Farfetch'd (Evolution plz, with a fighting/flying dual typing)

I'd like to see improvements on Dunsparce and Girafarig they have been the lowest of NUs, and can only be used by those that can predict really well.

One more pokemon getting Stealth Rock wouldn't do that much damage. It's be the first spin blocker with Stealth Rock, but Starmie could still beat it.

Charizard (Give it Earth Power for crying out loud, and bring back Dragon Pulse with it)

Charizard does get a nice DW ability, though.

I'd like to see improvements on Dunsparce and Girafarig they have been the lowest of NUs, and can only be used by those that can predict really well.

The only thing Dunsparce can really use is better stats. It has the perfect movepool to do its job in life, if it had more power and/or better defenses, we would see it a lot more. Dunsparce's BST is 415. I would raise it at the minumum to Clefable's level (473), something like:

HP 100
Atk 90
Def 80
SpA 60
SpD 75
Spe 68

Girafarig has higher BST than Dunsparce, I just think that since his offensive stats are all good but not great, he struggles to find a niche. His typing is interesting, but it still doesn't have that many resists or immunities. If it had base 95+ speed, it'd probably be better off. If I adjusted it to 473 again, maybe something like:

HP 70
Atk 65
Def 67
SpA 101
SpD 75
Spe 95

This makes it a specially based Pokemon only, so maybe that isn't what I should have done, but you still get the idea. It still isn't making any top 10 lists, but hey, it's an improvement without getting unreasonable with the BST.

My vote is, of course, VILEPLUME. It is a terrible crime against Pokemon that a flowering plant can't use Leech Seed!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom