• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Null

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm glad I could make someone proud of me," Adam pointed out joyfully, though he was only kidding, even if he really was happy about what happened. His smile became a little melancholic as he looked up at the fireworks, remembering all the things that had happened in the last couple of years, both the good and the bad.

Sky was content to lean back, watching the fireworks with a slightly nostalgic expression on her face. She was lost in thoughts all alone.

And no, her name was not Azura.

The next time the group saw displays of light in the sky, it would be in the evacuated city of Paris. A flare was sent up, signalling for the soldiers of Null to amass. With the citizens gone, the military had taken over the downtown district. They were waiting for Ripred to arrive.

The group were told to be on alert, to stay within the bounds of downtown, and to not expend any needless energy. Essentially, those plans were Sector IV-proofed; something that Aya took slight offense too.

She was dressed in her normal battle clothing, with a small bit of Kevlar on for armor. She sat on the steps of a building, watching the soldiers go by. How would the battle turn out?

Destructive. She knew that for a fact.

Winnie frowned. She wore a tank top and some joggers: casual and perfect for fighting in. She glanced at Aya. "Isn't this thrilling?" she sarcastically asked.

Colt strode down a street not far from the others, looking over the preparing troops. He wore his Harbinger armor, the black and crimson steel shining in the moonlight. He held the helm in his hand and his red eyes looked calm. He was at peace with what had to happen here tonight. In this city that had been home to some great men, great military leaders, great conquerors. But the city would likely not last the night. A shame.

"Agent Colt, sir! The eighth platoon is on standby! Any orders?" One of the many Lieutenants asked.

Rose spoke over the private comms. "I gave Sector IV the command to station the troops. Since we've got a thousand year-old war general on the team, it'd make sense to use it."

Aya gave a mirthless chuckle to Winnie's response. "The antebellum is always like this. Calm, boring, and scary as all hell."

Birdie nodded to Adam. "Yep. Two years. Time to see if all that time spent was useful."

"Three thousand actually. Give or take a couple hundred, I'll admit the math gets fuzzy when the numbers crawl up that high." Colt corrected Rose with a cheeky grin. He considered the options for a moment. "Eighth should hold the line. I want to catch Ripred and his in artillery crossfire when they approach. All hands should be ready for the opening volley. No man will fire until I give the word."

Aha, Sky, Colt and Birdie would feel as if they were being watched. The person in question was a woman of tall stature, long ashen blonde hair and piercing gold-amber irises. She was perched on a building not too far from the group. A few seconds later, she vanished, seemingly dissolving with the wind.

Almost as if she were a mirage.

Another Lieutenant was on the scene. "Agent Noir, the Seventh platoon is in position. Got any orders for us?" She asked him, standing at attention.

You could almost hear Rose's smirking. "'Why don't I have any troops,'" she said, playfully mocking Adam.

Birdie looked around the area for a moment, an eyebrow raised. Her sensory had picked up something... bizarre.

Sky had been able to catch a fleeting glimpse of the woman right before she had vanished. In that instant, her heart had stopped. Her senses were drowned out by her own pounding heart.

There had to be no way. That woman had walked out on her more than twenty years ago... She had to be hallucinating. No, she was simply deluding herself with blind hopes.

The woman continued to watch the crowd of soldiers, locking eyes with Sky. Not that the younger woman would notice her, anyway. Not when her optical camouflage was this attuned.

Adam smirked at Rose's comment. "You cheeky little..." he muttered before addressing his troops. "All right guys, you'll be running support for now, I want seven of you to support Colt's eight in holding the line. The rest of you divide amongst yourselves, I want a group to move back and gouge around the area for anything that might throw us off," he ordered, scratching his chin in thought. "The rest of you stay there and keep in contact with the other groups, if anything happen the move out accordingly."

"Yes sir," the Lieutenant said to Adam.

The other Lieutenant said the same to Colt.

--

A half hour passed before the sounds of airships approached the city. Aya was expecting a platoon of them.

What they got, however, was a fleet. More than fifteen ships, with a large flagship leading the fray. Each of them looked superbly armored; ready for battle.

When the flagship came to a halt, the man of the hour came onto the deck. Beside him were two people: one being Nyx, the other being a hooded male. The male lifted his hand, and a wobbling effect filled the air. This allowed Ripred's voice to carry down into the city despite being well beyond hearing range.

"Null. My dear friends. Does it really have to come to this?" He posited to them. "We're all adults here. Well... most of us, I should say. Do we really want to destroy this city with warfare?"

He grinned. "What do you say? We work out terms for one another? Lay down your weapons and we can discuss the upcoming battle against these Archons like civilized human beings?"

Despite his words, Rose spoke over the comms. "Open fire."

Colt waited until the ships were in range of his battalion. "Eighth. Open fire. Aim for the flagship." He gave the command coldly without any hint of emotion. He looked up and as his men fired on the flagship, Colt walked forward towards Ripred's forces, sword in hand. He fully intended to take the fight to them.

Aya had taken command of a platoon, ordering them to open fire as well.

With that, the various platoons began to open fire on Ripred's forces. Their gunfire, however, would be met with a large barrier that surrounded the flagship.

Ripred shook his head, turning to the male next to him. "Thank you, Seth."

The boy named Seth let out a labored breath, letting the sound barrier fall. Then, he and Nyx nodded to one another before the leapt from the ship's hull, going down toward the city.

Following them were a number of soldiers, all armed to the teeth and ready to fight.

Artillery fire began to rain down, which found itself stopped by Winnie's barrier.

Seth's eyes focused on her, and he rocketed forward to try and intercept Winnie's efforts.

Birdie could only yell the word 'incoming' before she blasted away with a wave of sound, Seth making to close the distance with his soldiers sluggishly following behind.

Nyx landed down, her body shimmering with energy as she made to close the distance between her, Colt, and Adam. She unleashed a bolt of pure energy at the two, making the first attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom