• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Generation I-VIII Travelog Thread

Yay i finished the game! But no dlc and my switch wont turn on nor charge. I am okay for the timebeing

Playing Pokemon Sword, so I can get my favorite legendary - Zacian! (I played Shield back when the two games first released).

To mix it up, I also chose the Fire starter. I always get Water starters because they are such solid choices for the adventure. I'm now learning why. The Water types I have found as of now (the first Gym) have been disappointing. I chose Wooper to get that Ground type as well, to avoid Electric weakness... Turns out Wooper is level 18ish now and still hasn't learned a single Offensive Water move. -_- Yikes.

im playing platinum and leafgreen right now ^_^ this is my first playthru of DPPt so im really just moseying along, enjoying the story, and im not limiting myself to any one type or team. ive been playing with soft level caps tho, trying to challenge gyms either at or below their levels bc ive been enjoying using the various pokemon sinnoh has to offer, putting teams together, and training them. ive also been very diligent in berry farming, its become one of my favorite little diversions, checking in on them all a couple times a day. ive got hundreds and counting :ayeaye:
as for where im at now, ive got 170 hrs, i just nabbed the canalave gym badge, and im on my way to lake valor to investigate some kind of explosion! team galactic sure means business :jessie: i can only hope the mythical pokemon is okay :'(

leafgreen on the other hand has been quite peaceful. i just started out with my sweet little starter, vivienne the caterpie! i cant believe red would go and pick charmander just to get the leg up on me ):< regardless, i went and caught her sister, buck the weedle in the viridian forest and together, we all trained until viv and buck evolved into metapod and kakuna...and then into beautiful butterfree and bee-stly beedrill! vivienne's better at special attacks and has decent defense whereas buck gets to actually utilize her STAB physical attacks. i was thinking something along the lines of focus energy with twineedle or pin missile further on down the line; shes fast too, i think she'll be a great physical attacker soon, if not a little flimsy!

despite our first obstacle being a well-known threat, my buff bugs beat brock with their teamwork and incredible might (and maaaybe a few lucky rock throw misses....) and we set off to cerulean. i caught their third sister, amanita the paras, in the bowels of mt moon (gettin' lucky with the ladies this run! :bulbaLol:) and i feel shes going to be INVALUABLE! against misty. i have the heads up that red's gonna jump me near cerulean, but im not worried, even if he DOES lead with a pidgeotto....:confused:

Now that I finally have the resources to do it, I will be starting to do a Ribbon Master challenge, using a Shadow Heracross from Colosseum.
I still need to fully complete most non switch games, so I'm starting now and my goal is to get it done by the time Bank inevitably closes. That basically gives me atleast a year to do it.

Starting with Emerald instead of Colosseum first, as even though I'll be catching Heracross in Orre, I'll still be doing the majority of my Gen 3 progress in Hoenn.

Picking Mudkip as my starter, and I'll update you all when I'm a bit further into Emerald.

A new priority came up, I want to do the 3DS games I have (Ultra Sun, Alpha Sapphire, and Y) before online goes down in April. Made important progress in Emerald beforehand though, that being, getting up to Fallabor Town.

My current team in Emerald is Marshtomp, Breloom, Aron, Loudred, Skarmory, Shedinja

With Ultra Sun, I've been messing around in Festival Plaza a bit, and have reached Paniola Town. My current team being Dartrix, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Oricorio Pompom, and Charjabug

update... I GOT A SHINY IGGLYBUFF WHAT?!?!?!?! WASNT EVEN GOING OUT OF MY WAY FOR ENCOUNTERS IT WAS JUST A RANDOM ENCOUNTER WHILE TRYING TO GO THROUGH THE ROUTE also it was caught above level 13 which means it literally cant learn a single fairy type move until the very end of the game, I LOVE pre gen 8 stone evos!

Finished both Akala Island and Ula'ula Island, current and final team is Decidueye, Oricorio-Pompom, Shiny Wigglytuff, Alolan Dugtrio, Toxapex, Turtonator

sorry for not posting here, a LOT has happened since

i beat Ultra Sun, started trading for the version exclusives with a friend. Decidueye, Oricorio-Pompom, Shiny Wigglytuff, Alolan Dugtrio, Toxapex, Turtonator was my team.
i started and fully completed Y, Delphox, Dragalge, Hawlucha, Dedenne, Gogoat, Aurorus was my team.
Somehow I got Pokerus on my Y save too, i mean ill definitely take it, but-
i have started Alpha Sapphire and just reached Dewford Town. my current team is Combusken, Lombre, Dustox, and Zigzagoon

I've been exchanging friend codes for the Friend Safari in prep for the online shutdown, about 2/3rds done atm.
I've also been trading for different Vivillon patterns for the same reason
If anyone needs help with either of those, feel free to dm me, my friend code is 0578-3499-6987, I have Krabby, Gyarados, and Azumarill, and my Vivillon pattern is River.

Been meaning to mention this for quite some time now. I started a new playthrough in Ultra Sun. I traded over a bunch of leftover eggs as soon as I had access to the PC and hatched them, resulting in me gaining a new squad: Pyrocitor the HA Litten, Courage the Cowardly Dog... er... Wimpod, Yoko the HA Exeggcute, Zephyr the HA Hawlucha, Sparx the Pichu, and Phantisma the Misdreavious. I just finished my Grand Trial against Olivia and I'm on the way to Aether Foundation for the first time, but I'm taking care of some side-quests and trying to fill out the dex a bit before I go. Most of my squad has since evolved except Phantisma (I do have a Dusk Stone but I'm waiting to see if there are any moves I want her to learn before evolving).

Zephyr has been putting in a ton of work, as he defeated 3 of the first 4 Totem by himself (Gumshoos, Aquarachid, Lurantis), only sitting out the A-Marowak battle (as that mostly revolved around Sparx the A-Raichu stealing its Thick Club to neuter its threat and remove the ally Salazzle so Courage the Cowardly Dog... er... Golisopod can finish it off with the Water Z-Move, along with dancing around A-Marowak's Detect). And Zeph has also been a help in defeating both Hala and Olivia, the latter of whom he used the Fighting Z-Move to take down her Midnight Lycanroc before it had a chance to use its Z-Move. He's proven to be the MVP, and given the fact he has both Steel Wing and his HA of Mold Breaker he will probably be the one who defeats the Totem Mimikyu (as Mold Breaker cuts through Disguise, and I plan to give him the Steel Z-Crystal that you get before the Electric Trial to really screw Mimikyu, heh). hears crickets

Anyway, here's the squad:

Incineroar (Pyrocitor, male, Lv39)
Golisopod (Courage, male, Lv36)
A-Exeggutor (Yoko, female, Lv33)
Hawlucha (Zephyr, male, Lv36)
A-Raichu (Sparx, female, Lv35)
Misdreavious (Phantisma, female, Lv37)

Note: I'm not sure if I'll keep Yoko or not, as getting the Poipole after Ultra Necrozma would give me more advantages over Fairy Mons (and there is Mina's trial afterward), especially since she's done very little outside of spamming Sleep Powder to aid catches. Although there is the Grand Trial with Hapu and her Ground Mons, where she'd really come in handy (and it would be one less Ground weakness for my team). Which do you think I should go with?

Back
Top Bottom