• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups One True Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmph... Guess there's not much choice in the matter." Aria muttered to herself, darting towards one of the monsters, lunging and attacking with sucker punches in order to disorient the creature. It was unfortunate that she hadn't been able to secure a blade for herself....that would've made everything so much easier.

"Oh, thank you," Dreius replied, mildly shocked at his customer's offer. Normal citizens disliked interacting with monsters. However, with Wilhelm's.... size, Dreius almost laughed. Guess it wasn't that unlikely; he didn't appear to be a normal citizen, anyway.

Due to Aria's proximity to the monster, she would easily get a whiff of its putrid, horrible scent. Almost like decaying flesh. This was to the surprise of absolutely no one; they smelt how they looked. Like a mess. However, without a sword to fight with, Aria would find difficulty in defeating the monster quickly. It swiped at her face, its clawed hand swinging right at her.

"Hey, miss!" Dreius called out to the stranger. "Look out!"

Brynna sighed, shakily getting up. "Please, I'm fine... I just ask that you go back upstairs. This is area is private to Mr. Dreius only."

Another group of monsters then began to approach Dreius and Wilhelm. It appeared as if a crowd was starting to form; the monsters tended to do that. Dreius ran towards one of the monsters and aimed for its neck, successfully decapitating it. However, he clearly needed some help, and so did Aria.

"This is Mr. Dreius' private quarters," Brynna said to Claude, lying through her teeth. "We have to go."

Jocelyn just went down the stairs and seeing Brynna and Claude.

"Are you hurt? I can help with any basic injuries," she spoke up.

Unfortunately, the warning came a moment too late, and claw marks scored themselves upon her face, raking diagonally across her porcelain-hued visage. However, she didn't seem afraid for her life, or even remotely scared.

No, she looked more like she was pissed off all the way to hell.

With a snarl contorting her features, she dealt a vicious roundhouse kick to the monster's mandible with her shackled foot, enough power behind it to knock its head clean off.

Sometimes, it paid to be good with martial arts.

Claude would find a lot of monsters. It would be a good idea for him to 'borrow' one of Dreius' many swords.

Dreius, meanwhile, was still attempting to fight off the monsters. However, the girl that was fighting... looked so familiar? Dreius rolled his eyes; now was not the time to be dazing off like this.

Wilhelm had stepped forward towards the group of monsters. He could smell their odor through his helm and he felt the beasts clawing and scratching at his armor. But the steel plate held firm and the beasts were no match for the powerful two handed slashes from the knight's massive blade.

One by one he cut through the beasts as he also kept an eye on the girl and the blacksmith. She had no blade and yet she could hold her own. That was brave for sure.

"Don't mind if I do,' Claude said to himself as he went to grab one of Dreius' swords, running out and charging at one of the beasts. He stabbed through one of them, taking it by surprise before pulled his sword out and went into a straight swing to cut off the head of another beast.

Aria grit her teeth as another approached her, narrowing her eyes at the beast. Sure, she had the endurance to keep fighting, but the sheer number of monsters would overrun her at one point or another. Still, she didn't pride herself on extensive knowledge on the martial arts for nothing, and launched herself at the sentient being, unleashing a flurry of devastating blows at the target.

Since they were humanoid, Aria figured they had similar weaknesses and pressure points....or so she hoped, anyway.

One of the monsters immediately lunged for Wilhelm's legs, in a failed attempt to trip him. They weren't strong, but they weren't completely brainless either.

The monster Aria was fighting soon fell to the ground, clearly beaten up. She was right; the humanoid creatures did have similar weaknesses.

As time passed on, less and less monsters stuck around to fight. This was because more citizens had appeared to help fight them off. Guard intervention was rarely pleasant, and most of the time, these monsters weren't deadly.

Dreius eventually delivered a final blow to the last monster, panting slightly from exerting himself. He was of normal build, and as such, the effort began to drain him. He glanced over at Wilhelm, Aria, and Claude, smiling somewhat. "Thanks for the help," he eventually said, rubbing at his neck. "I... uh," the man then trailed off. That was right; Brynna accidentally revealed his lab. "About... my shop... do you think we can go back? To talk? Please?"

Wilhelm didn't look tired at all from his efforts and he wasn't. His training had ensured that he could battle in his heavy armor for hours without fatigue. "I understand. Certainly." He answered in a gentle tone. He knew what he had seen and he didn't object to it. In fact magic had become of great interest to him as it represented a chance for him to right all his wrongs and to erase his sins.

Aria held back a scoff, starting towards the direction of the alleyways. "I don't see a reason to stick around," she told Dreius, a hidden smile ghosting her countenance. "Not like I saw anything...unless you'd beg to differ, Andi."

"Just like that?" Dreius asked Wilhelm. "Tha... thanks." He then glanced over at Aria, and eyebrow raised. Andi? Now, that was a nickname he hadn't heard in years.

"I'm sorry if this sounds completely rude, but is your name Aria? If it isn't, just ignore me, but..."

"Good memory as always. I haven't been called by name for over a decade, though." She turned to face him. "I think you can fathom a guess as to why."

"It's so good to see you," Dreius said, obviously ecstatic. However, there was a short moment of hesitation upon looking at her closer. She seemed... so... what happened to her? After listening to her speak, he had a guess. He was disgusted. Though, he knew this conversation could be put off until later.

"Why don't you come to my place? It's the least I could do," he eventually said. "You can clean up there."

He gestured his head towards his shop. Upon returning, and gathering everyone who was there, he began to speak. "Okay, uh, if I could please have your attention for a moment?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom