• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Path to the Peak Webseries

Well...this a treat. Nice to see someone remember there were other songs besides the first one (though the problem with the rest is that they tie into their regions/sagas too much to reference...)

Prepare for trouble...and make it double...

ARCEUS, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN US?!?! :eek:

Ash's companions would be SO proud! :')

Iono, you blackhearted biiiiiiiitttcchh!! :mad:

Et tu, Lucairo?:cry:

Last edited:
How did other international versions handle it? Did they slap on their previously existing dub of Pokemon world or did they redub it too?

Cast -
Ava - Nyara Afshar
Joshua - A.J. Beckles
Celestine/Pikachu - Abby Espiritu
Dad - Mick Lauer
Mom - Nazia Chaudhry
Edgar Troy - Caleb Yen
Commentator - Michael Schwalbe
Opponent - Caleb Yen
Young Girl - Everly Hobert

Additional Voices -

A.J. Beckles
Abby Espiritu
Caleb Yen

Well dang. I was wrong. She really WAS able to beat Groudon with a Bellosum (in a scene that felt like a Magical Girls fighting a kaiju) o_O
Though dang it, Nemona! WHAT is with you Paldeans giving card players a hard time?

Also, loved Pikachu's "pika-pika" that sounded like he was taunting Young Mom. :LOL:

That was a cute series. Kind of wish it had been an episode or two longer, but at least it was well paced and did a good job telling its story.

Last edited:
This was a cute miniseries overall, and I'm surprised at how well-paced it is despite the incredibly limited runtime of four 10 minute episodes. Makes me wish it was longer, because I feel like Path to the Peak could've been pretty dang solid miniseries ala Over the Garden Wall.

Also, lol @ Paldea Support Cards apparently being the most busted things in the world. Kinda matches the actual games' power creep, though.

How did other international versions handle it? Did they slap on their previously existing dub of Pokemon world or did they redub it too?
Im brazilian, and yes, they played the original brazilian version of the second opening!

I play competitive pokemon vgc, and I went to pokemon vgc world 2 times. I almost gathered points to go to a third one. I traveled to São Paulo to play the latim america IC, but I lost it, and didnt gain any points . Then, there was a Premier side event, and I was in the top 4, playing to go to the finals. My opponent would gather enough points to have his travel for the next IC paid by pokemon company if he won. During our match, his friends were shouting in my ears to preventing me from playing properly . But I won anyway, and they tried to force me to say that I lost . I said that I won , went to the finals , and won the premier. At night, when I was in the hotel, one of my opponent´s friends sent me a message in the Facebook , swearing and saying that his friend lost his travel ticket because of me.

I still go to smaller pokemon championships that happen in my city, Rio de Janeiro. However, I dont travel to bigger championships anymore, because I dont want to pay for a hotel and for an plane ticket to hear a bunch of guys shouting in my ears and trying to force me to lose. The series sends a message having fun while playing is more important than winning. But this is much easier to do in smaller competitions. Once the player starts to become famous, they dont want to disapoint their fans , and some even PAY their opponents to lose. Its illegal, but it happens.

I liked that Ava imagines her pokemon at her side. When I was a kid , I allways imagined my pokemon by my side. I did that naturally, and it was much more difficult to me to stop to imagine the pokemon . Now, its difficult for me to imagine the pokemon . Some people may say that its good, because this means that I grew up... but it was so much more fun when I had this ability.

In the Italian episode they used the previously existing dub of Pokemon World... from 2016, recorded at the time form scratch since the original TV lenght version made in 2009 had been completely lost along with the entire Season 2 redub. (Season 3 survived though so we still got the ending along with the shorter opening from EP106-EP116).

Also, since for some reason Pokémon TV uses the English openings for all the Italian Season 2 episodes before EP106 (I guess they were maybe uploaded before the new opening was even made) the Path to the Peak webseries is ironically the only piece of media on the platform were the 2016 version is actually heard.

Great miniseries overall. While it took place in the real world it wasn't afraid to give some loses to the protagonist to make her grow, and it had a great and memorable secondary cast that supported her. It did an amazing job showcasing the TCG not just as a product but also as a way to have fun and connect with others. The final episode is the one I'd call the weakest since it didn't do anything the other three hadn't done previously and I expected a more bombastic presentation for Worlds, but it's still decent and ends the series on a high note.

About Pokemon World...In Latin America they redubbed it and changed all but two lines of the lyrics. :cry:

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom