• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP26: Pedal to the Mettle!

Yoshi-san

All of the bara
Reaction score
Well it's airing at 7:00 am and I'm pretty glad I woke up early...

Anyway discuss!

Last edited:
Re: Pedal to the Mettel review thread

It's "Mettle".

It's not in wide screen....what the heck is going on with CN?

Re: Pedal to the Mettle review thread

OK, so first it was on at SEVEN instead of 7:30!
(I woke up 5 minutes before 7:30 and was pissed that I only got to see Pikachu VS Magmortar).
Then, they CROPPED the episode (I was confident that the issue has been solved already).
Wow, CN...

Last edited:
Re: Pedal to the Mettel review thread

It's not in wide screen....what the heck is going on with CN?

^
This.

Everything in the episode looked bad...Like whole faces were chopped off on the side of the screen.

Other than that I really don't have any complaints.

Man this episode came on pretty early. I liked this episode. Strange, it was wide screen when I saw it

-Looks like Ash became predictable to Paul.
- I love Paul's Honchkrow. It's so badass to me
- Torterra sure has good defenses. I thought it would lose to Gliscor
- Wasn't Team Rocket fixing the battle field earlier?
-There sure is alot of talking from Brock and Co during the battle but that helped me understand what was going on and what their strategies were about.
-Why is it called Petal to the Mettle

Strange, it was wide screen when I saw it
-Why is it called Petal to the Mettle

Lucky you.
I think this is a pun on "petals" (Torterra) and "mettle" (a battle to prove which trainer has better quality pokemon).

Last edited:

Well, I'm up now, but I still missed it. Don't feel to bad as I know it will be on the internet later. I wounder how this mix-up happened?

Lucky you.
I think this is a pun on "petals" (Torterra) and "mettle" (a battle to prove which trainer has better quality pokemon).

It's PEDAL not Petal. Your description of the title is way off. Besides, Torterra has NOTHING to do with flowers.

It's PEDAL not Petal. Your description of the title is way off. Besides, Torterra has NOTHING to do with flowers.

Sorry for the confusion; the person I was replying to also confused the title.

I woke up too late, I only saw some of it, but wasn't paying too much attention since I was late. CN also took down one of the eps they had up for streaming, and haven't updated since. I'll have to find another source for episodes.

They changed the time. I can't believe it. I woke up way too late and didn't see any of it. And nobody's uploaded it to Youtube yet, and Cartoon network doesn't have it up yet. This sucks.

Luckily, I woke up right before 7 and checked my TV. I saw that Pokemon was on... and that it was cropped again... -.-
Anyway, the episode was pretty cool.

So not only does CN move the show up two hours, but it's also being cropped again?! WTF is going on here?!

"Since we couldn't use the Pokemon Center, I thought we'd enjoy the great outdoors."

Um, Reggie? It was gonna be outside anyway...

The battle itself was really intense and awesome. I love how serious both sides are taking it. Not really much more to say about that.

But my favorate part of the episode was a little easter egg the writers/animators gave us. See, this episode aired exactly 11 years from when Holy Matrimony first aired in Japan, and those outfits the Rockets wore were from that episode. Both episodes also shared the same animator, and they did something similar for the episode's 5th anniversary. Don't know why they like the episode so much, but it works for me. :)

So not only does CN move the show up two hours, but it's also being cropped again?! WTF is going on here?!

"Since we couldn't use the Pokemon Center, I thought we'd enjoy the great outdoors."

I believe Reggie was referring to that they can't fight OUTSIDE the pokemon center as planned (due to the construction) so they decided to fight right on the lakeside.

I had a feeling that's what was going on since it still had that "HD Where Available" banner, and the credits themselves were chopped off.

Hopefully this is just an error and everyone gets it in widescreen next week.

Ok, I've seen it now. I understand what people were saying now. Paul has Ash's number, using his own overconfidence against him. He's also memorized what pokemon he uses. While a change of team may throw Paul off in the league a bit, I think the first point makes that all moot. He's figured out Ash's greatest flaw, something that I never thought the anime would do. Ash is going to need a whole new way of thinking to win against him.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who woke up at you're gonna regret this hours of the morning. I caught the entire episode and it was pretty badass. Paul is only being indifferent rather than his normal jackass self. The Gliscor vs. Torterra battle was particularly awesome.

Magmortar has the coolest dub voice ever. It's just as epic as Yanmega (although Yanmega doesn't have a dub voice). Booburn had a deep voice, but Magmortar actually has "two" voices merged as one (Think of Gotenks, Vegito, Gogeta from the Dragonball Z/GT series).

Loving the match so far. Reggie forgot to mention Close Combat leaves Staraptor defenseless, but since in long run it doesn't matter no need to add something like that.

I hate Ash used Grotle against Honchkrow if only because we can't judge how powerful it really is.

And the judge's name: Olivier has to be the weirdest name ever for a dub name on Pokemon. At first I thought he said "Olivia" as in a girls name, so I had to rethink about what he said. Olivier is actually a good sounding name, just very unusual.

You have to consider 2 things:

1. Not all Pokemon Centers have battlefields outside. Case in Point the Pokemon Center of Shelter Town, with Marilyn and her Cherubi, the battlefield was housed in a building like most if not all gyms.

2. Reggie did say the "great outdoors" nothing great about having a battlefield a few steps away from the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom