• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus - End of Game - 10/03/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Kronos himself, Flop, was one of the people Hermes wanted dead. That's fair enough.
Hrm, I suppose. Kinda makes a little more sense to kill specifically Kronos buuuut... Sure, I suppose you're off the hook this time Hermes.

I just want to say thank you to everyone. This was a fun game. So far, I've been Town the the few games I played here. Being an indep was a whole new experience. I was wondering how difficult my goal would be at the start of the game. Turns out it was only 1 of each team. Hoping my next game will be mafia.

Being able to send these messages was really a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind if I could not win, as long as I could stay alive and have fun making these messages.

Yeah, this game was pretty fun... Hm, since the game's practically over, I wonder if we're allowed to talk about what characters we were? I'm just not sure since we technically haven't had our "End of game, big reveal" post yet.
Feel free too, we'll post the end of game recap today or tomorrow morning, we're in class right now so we can't write it :)

Also, feel free to give feedback at how the Role PM's were written, I'd love to get feedback.

Feel free too, we'll post the end of game recap today or tomorrow morning, we're in class right now so we can't write it :)
I love this. "We're in class so we can't post the update right now. We will however not pay attention long enough to reply to Lone" I totally understand, it's just kinda funny for me.

Alrighty then. Let's give that grand reveal of my Zexy Scumlogic you've all probably been waiting for.

Simply put, my Role-PM told me there was a scum in the Neighbourhood (literally justifying it with my "enhanced Satyr senses"). At first, I was just as much in the dark as everyone else was as to who it was. Eventually, I realised that both WO and Elementar had 2 other players implied in their Role-PMs. I myself was Grover, and my Role-PM mentioned Percy and Annabeth by name. I figured that this was probably what happened for the others too. Implying myself and the other one of them. This planted in my mind the confidence that me, WO and Elementar were Grover, Percy and Annabeth (implying 3 neighbours in the 3 of us). This meant that Zexy (who'd admitted to no implications of number) threw things off by adding a fourth member to the neighbourhood. Now, if I was Percy or Annabeth (and thus got no hint to a scum) I wouldn't have suspected Zexy for a second. But I knew, so I did. A little later on I got the thought that Zexy could be Luke, the camp's traitor, who attempted to kill the main 3, who were in the chat together. Admittedly those reporter posts made me even more positive than I should've been, but I was still confident without them.

So now you see why I couldn't explain further. To explain why, I needed to bring up Percy, Grover and Annabeth, and link them to Me, WO and Elementar. This would however hint at my character, so the hosts shut me down. And there you have it!

Also @CheffOfGames, your Role PMs and other general flavour text was good, but it didn't exactly feel right. You're clearly supposed to be Dionysus, but he was more apathetic than this. Without a theme it'd be good flavour text, but when you were trying to play a character it just didn't fell right. As for the Role-PM wording itself, maybe try not to imply members of neighbourhoods (unless you imply all members). If they're not in a neighbourhood go ahead and mention others, but the only reason I really picked up on Zexy was because I made that character link, instead of making proper reads based on actions.

OK, I'd rather wait before making comments on role PMs etc.

I'll just state that I avoided even stating my character's name for a while even though I wanted to reply town-soundingly to people talking about the character. I only decided to start stating it after Lone_Garurumon first stated it too, when I realized that in order to make a case against him I had to hint that I thought he was that character instead of me. Otherwise, it's not like talking about the character would've benefitted me a lot, keeping things vague was actually helpful earlier on in neighborhood talks.

Yeah, I didn't think that Grover would be the one who'd know there is a scum. Thought that was reserved for Halcyon Green or Percy himself (before Elementar died, at least).

My only major issue with the role PMs was the whole "role PM wording" thing in the neighborhood. You shouldn't have made it so that me stating "my role PM doesn't mention that" is an auto-scumslip. Not sure if it was intentional or not, if it is intentional it's pro-town unbalanced and if not it is potentially gamebreaking. I was legitimately afraid I'd be the first neighborhood lynch ever since Night 0 when the role PM thing first happened

Also, feel free to give feedback at how the Role PM's were written, I'd love to get feedback.
I would like to give a hint to make the pm a bit more clear and bold out each role/power.
I love this. "We're in class so we can't post the update right now. We will however not pay attention long enough to reply to Lone" I totally understand, it's just kinda funny for me.
It's true though, I'll punish them for you if you want to.

Yeah, I didn't think that Grover would be the one who'd know there is a scum. Thought that was reserved for Halcyon Green or Percy himself (before Elementar died, at least).

My only major issue with the role PMs was the whole "role PM wording" thing in the neighborhood. You shouldn't have made it so that me stating "my role PM doesn't mention that" is an auto-scumslip. Not sure if it was intentional or not, if it is intentional it's pro-town unbalanced and if not it is potentially gamebreaking. I was legitimately afraid I'd be the first neighborhood lynch ever since Night 0 when the role PM thing first happened

Given that, you still did really well. I'll admit I did think you were scum, but I didn't have enough evidence. But you are Zexy so you got out of it. :)

Since we had a long day at college — and my Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild arrived — we won't be able to do the recap tonight, as we have to wake up at around 5:30 in the morning to go to college again, we'll recap on normal time. :)

End of Game
If it hadn’t been obvious yet, spoilers are here about the series, however this post does contain spoilers about the Apollo book, The Hidden Oracle, Do not read after the page break symbol till you see “End of Game Recap” if you would not like to be spoilered =)

And when you were on such a good roll… You just had to kill one more…
If I was allowed to quit I would certainly do it now. A fellow member of the Council of Cloven Elders.

Welcome young Satyr, what did you say your name was again? Grover Underwood? Weird name, well let’s continue. In your files it says that you are one of the bravest Satyrs out there and that you are often very philosophical. Aside from this you have an obsession with drinking coffee and eating tin cans? Hey, I don’t judge. And this is where I stop caring about introducing you to yourself, why do I even have this job?

You are Grover Underwood, the Chosen One of Pan, Lord of the Wild and Leader of the Council of Cloven Elders.
Together with your good friends Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase have you conquered a lot of obstacles in the past few years and you are one of the satyrs that never gave up on trying to find Pan. Because of this other Satyrs look up to you and are you one of the Neighbors in this game.
You have a private chat aside from the main thread where you can converse with other Neighbors but because of your enhanced satyr abilities you know that one of the Neighbors is allied with the Forces of Kronos.
You are allied with the Gods of Olympus and you win when the Forces of Kronos have been eliminated.

Good luck young satyr, and may the Gods be ever in your favor.

Lone_Garurumon has been killed. He was Grover Underwood, Neighbor.

Now all that was left, were 2 kids in camp, one from the forces of evil, and one regular camper ready to die. They both knew what was happening, and where both ready to end it once and for all.
So @Zexy & @jackatlasred met each other in the camp’s arena, for the final match of Camp Halfblood, one side would win… or so, they thought.

After a long and intense battle between Luke Castellan and Bianca di Angelo both parties were tired, and wouldn’t be able to hold up much longer. Luke rushed in on his weakened and tired opponent to land the last strike, and Bianca was ready to take it. Luke was almost in range to land the final strike, when Bianca changed up her guard and swung her sword down from above. Luke, realising he was too late to parry her attack, decided he just had to give his all to attack. So he thrusted his sword straight forward into her abdomen, as her sword came down from above to cut him in his left shoulder.

After the immense hits, they made on each other both parties were on the ground, bleeding a pure gold substance — Ichor, blood of the gods — but both were beyond saving.

Jackatlasred has been killed by the mafia, He was the bomb and in returned killed his attacker, Zexy.

Welcome young demigod, what did you say your name was again? Bianca di Angelo? Weird name, well let's continue. In your files it says that you are quiet and shy but that you love your brother very much. But you are also very selfish because you hate caring for him. Your fatal flaw is, like most demigod children of Hades, holding grudges. Well… That could one day potentially destroy Olympus. To make sure I don’t say anything that you won’t hold a grudge against me I’ll just stop talking

You are Bianca di Angelo, the Child of Hades, big sister of Nico and Hunter of Artemis.
Because of the fact that you sacrificed yourself for the greater good to destroy a malfunctioning Talos robot, you are the Bomb.
If you are killed at Night you will take your killer with you, just like you did with the robot.
You are allied with the Gods of Olympus and you win when the Forces of Kronos have been eliminated.

Good luck young demigod, and may the Gods be ever in your favor.
jackatlasred has been killed. He was Bianca di Angelo, Bomb.

Welcome young demigod, what did you say your name was again? Luke Castellan? Weird name, well let’s continue. In your files it says that you hate Hermes for abandoning your mother when she needed him the most and because of this you do not trust any of the Gods and do not want to be pushed around by them. You were more selfless and moral in your youth and looked out for Thalia and Annabeth. And since you hate the Gods so much, why do I even bother to talk to you right now?

You are Luke Castellan, the Child of Hermes, one of the followers of Kronos and Former Counsellor of Cabin Eleven.
Because of the fact that you were quite popular when you were still in Camp and you were able to get a lot of Monsters over to the Forces of Kronos you are one of the Neighbors in this game.
You have a private chat aside from the main thread where you can converse with other Neighbors.
Aside from your personal ability you also have a shared Night Action with the other players in the Forces of Kronos, you have the ability to target one player per Night and kill that player. To target a player to kill type KILL: <PLAYER> in the Forces of Kronos chat.
Because you are with the Forces of Kronos you have another private chat aside from the main thread and the Neighbor Chat with the players that are with you in the Forces of Kronos.
You are allied with the Forces of Kronos and you win when you Kill or outnumber all the other alignments.

Good luck demigod, and may the temper of Kronos be ever in your favor.

Zexy has been killed. He was Luke Castellan, Neighbor.

Oh Gods, everyone’s dead. I mean, I don’t care about them but since they died I’m probably also going to be killed… Oh Gods, Oh Gods, Oh Gods.

About a week later, Athena finally arrived at camp but was confused as to where all the campers were, so she went to find Dionysius at the Big House. Like always Dionysius was just sitting back, relaxing, drinking some grape wine, laughing about some comedy where children die and he seemed very; at peace.

Not for long of course, as Athena doesn’t have much of a temper and barged on in demanding Dionysius for an explanation as to what happened to camp.

◆—◆—◆​

After telling what happened, Athena bursted out in anger. Not only did he wipe out the whole camp, he also let her daughter Annabeth die. Dionysius was brought back to Olympus to stand charge in front of the gods.

Zeus, like always, has the final say in what happens, and after the debate as to what should happen with Dionysius, he decided that his fate — with a smile on his face — would be the same as Apollo’s. And so he was send down to earth; as a human.

Welcome dear me. In my file it says that I am ‘the wine dude’? HOW DARE THEY CALL ME THAT IN MY OWN FILE? Also I am ‘very displeasing’? Why would they ever say that about me. I also like ‘calling people by incorrect names’, well, at least they got that correct about me. I also have ‘a catastrophic temper’? That’s kinda correct…
I can go on about me but people are looking weird at me for talking to myself…

You are Dionysius, Director of Camp Half-Blood, Member of the Council of Cloven Elders and God of Wine, Madness, Theater and Vegetation.
Because of the fact that you are the Director of Camp Half-Blood you are the Host, you win the game if everyone had a fun time playing.

Good luck me, myself and I, and may I always be in my favor.

Welcome Dad, in your file it says that you are a very proud and commanding God. Also you have an extremely high amount of self-respect, almost to the point of sanctimoniousness, condescension and narcissism. You demand respect and precedence from mortals, demigods and the other Gods. Despite being the God of Honor and Justice you do not always provide the best moral example. In fact, you are glaring so angrily at me that I have the feeling I need to stop talking to make my sentence not any worse than it already is...

You are Zeus, Lord of the Sky, King of Olympus and God of Honor, Justice, Rain, Sky and Lightning.
Because of the fact that you are the King of Olympus you are the Co-Host, you win the game when you have no other person is in a rank above yours. Therefore you have to kill the Host.

Good luck dad, and may the anger of Hera be always in your favor.

Winner:

Not-So-Losers-But-They-Also-Didn’t-Win-Because-Of-A-Tie:

End of game Recap

So hello everyone, it’s been quite the ride hasn’t it? In the end we ended up with only one winner — the independent — while everyone else ended up in a Tie, a result I haven’t had happen in any of my games (and trust me i’ve hosted a few, on other forums that is).

I’d like to clear up a few things, first of all this is @CheffOfGames first time he hosts, so, Congrats to him on basically going through the whole game without my help!

However there were a few mistakes made before we even started the game, mainly in our role pm's as some might’ve already noticed. There were 2 mistakes:
  • The special neighbours didn’t have it show as their special type of neighbour in their role pm (Lone_Gurumon’s should’ve said Knowledgable Neighbour — Zexy’s should’ve said Evil Neighbour)
    • Because of this Darthwolf scanned Lone and got just “Neighbour” back.
  • The role pm’s of Percy, Annabeth and Grover mentioned each other while Luke’s didn’t, this wasn’t intentional and was a mistake made when Cheff ended up writing the role pm’s and me not noticing it when reading through them before the game.
    • Because of this Zexy had a disadvantage in the Neighbourhood.

Besides that, it seemed like the game was quite balanced. If it weren’t for the mistake in the Role PM’s it would’ve been harder for town to recognise the Mafia (oh and don’t forget that the Beloved Princess was Lynched D1 and the Cop was killed N1…)

I must say it has been fun hosting again, and i’ll definitely continue doing so!
Before I end off this post, I’d like to ask everyone who played to answer these questions!
Code:
Q: What did you think about the game’s setup being 24h / 24h phases?
A: -

Q: What did you think about the NOC concept of the game, with the 4 player Neighbourhood?

Q: How well did you think the game was balanced? Why?

Q: If you could change anything about the game — besides the role pm’s flavor — what would it be?

Thanks everyone for playing! :)

Last edited:
I like short phase games.

Q: What did you think about the NOC concept of the game, with the 4 player Neighbourhood?

Nice idea.

Since the role PM wording issue was unintentional, the game was balanced enough. However, it seems like Bomb is a bit too strong when there are only 2 mafia because, as seen here, it is very hard for mafia to take it out. While I acknowledge that we got a tie, I think it was harder for the mafia to hit that point than for town to do so.

Q: If you could change anything about the game — besides the role pm’s flavor — what would it be?

I kinda didn't like Beloved Princess/Bomb too much, made it too swingy. I guess I'd also out to Darth earlier so he could follow with the plan.

Thanks to Cheff/Dylan for hosting, great first game Cheff! Also thanks to my partner Flop
It was a pleasure, town and Darth.

I think this game is memorable enough to fit as my 50th ever completed played game in TWR.

Firstly, great job to @CheffOfGames and @Soaringdylan on hosting a great game. It was good for your first game Cheff :)

Congrats to @DarthWolf13 on being the only winner. That's quite the feat.

And congrats to @Zexy on achieving 50 games :)

A: I liked the short phases. It made each phase productive and we got a lot out of it.
A: I quite enjoyed it. However, the group sort of lost its purpose after it was outed, and after I began to suspect Zexy, it was hard to talk in there. Otherwise, it was a unique concept and I'd like to see it again.
A: I think the game was quite balanced. Both sides were relatively weak, which suited the game well. The balance was so good that it caused a tie! However, I agree with Zexy about the bomb. If it could also kill a player during the day (which could be town), that might've been slightly more balanced.
A: Nothing really comes to mind. Only some minor tweaks could have been made, but it was generally a smooth game.

What did you think about the game’s setup being 24h / 24h phases?
I really liked it.
What did you think about the NOC concept of the game, with the 4 player Neighbourhood?
I would have liked OC to get Darth to scumside, but the neighbourhood chat was a good idea.
If you could change anything about the game — besides the role pm’s flavor — what would it be?
Nothing - it was a great game.

Well done everyone!

A: It was nice. It made sure we payed attention and worked during the day. I think I prefer 48hr days though since time zones can get messy and it means everyone can get a vote, a defence, and whatnot in and still give others time to change votes with new info.
A: I think it was pretty good, if there wasn't so much chaos with the whole Role-Pm thing it would've been a good addition.
A: The game seemed pretty well balanced, aside from the obvious PM thing we all know about. The bomb seemed a little much though, with only 2 mafia and no other way to kill it without building a lynch it was too hard for scum to handle.
A: Well, I would've made people believe me about Zexy sooner, but aside from that it all went pretty well.

Thanks for a fun game everyone!

A: It makes it faster, which is nice. But, as @Lone_Garurumon explained well, timezones messs it up and I would prefer some more time to react to votes and stuff.
A: Aside from the pm problem it gave, it is pretty interesting. I do have to say that I had moments in which I really would have liked OC. The non-mafia and non-neighbor players were pretty left out from my POV.
A: It was a tie and with my correct help (easy if OC was allowed) I could help either team win, so it seems pretty well balanced. The bomb doesn't fit in a small game.
A: Besides the already mentioned things, nothing really.

It was, however, a great game and I loved my role. I'm pretty impressed that I'm the only winner. I look forward to more games from you two, together or seperate.
@Zexy 50 games, nice, but don't forget to update your sheet :p

@Zexy 50 games, nice, but don't forget to update your sheet :p
I tend to update it after a game gets archived so I can include the post count and posts/player immediately rather than going back after 3 days. But if you insist :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom