• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus - End of Game - 10/03/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's why you were constantly saying you might reveal something big.

I'm pretty sure these messages from @Soaringdylan are hint, look at this: "Hiding information, how sneaky and mysterious. I hope that neighbor Lone_Garurumon isn't talking behind my back, he's always been the lonely person anyhow."

Well tbqh that wasn't much of a hint, we gave you much more info than these hints would ever give :p

Messenger of the Gods said:
It seems these pieces have figured me out. Such a shame, I had so much fun... Wait, I can still do that. Screw the rules, I have money. I'm gonna have some more fun and post multiple messages during the day.

Riddles I shall make, but are they helpful?
This pawn, so lonely and white
It seems this member is not so powerful
Will these pieces be so bright?

Perhaps hinting that a single Vanilla is in the game?

It might also refer to the neighbor, seeing as it doesn't really have a power. 4 neighbors claiming no power and an added Vanilla seems unlikely.

I just read all those posts again, I noticed how in an earlier one it mentions LG as a lonely person and in the last post it mentions a lonely pawn. This might be a coincidence, but it could just as well refer to LG, especially given his name.

It might also refer to the neighbor, seeing as it doesn't really have a power. 4 neighbors claiming no power and an added Vanilla seems unlikely.

I just read all those posts again, I noticed how in an earlier one it mentions LG as a lonely person and in the last post it mentions a lonely pawn. This might be a coincidence, but it could just as well refer to LG, especially given his name.
Agreed but no single Neighbor would really be "a white pawn" with the others not being so. Besides, if that was the case, this hint isn't really adding much.

Oh right, didn't make the connection; but even then it wouldn't say much else than restating that LG is a neighbor? Idk this clue is vague.

Maybe LG could be independent? Mine hints at three of us being town, but maybe LG could actually be an independent. Thoughts?

Maybe LG could be independent? Mine hints at three of us being town, but maybe LG could actually be an independent. Thoughts?
In which case there would be no mafia neighbor? Hard to believe.
Also there would be 2 indeps in a 9p game. And there'd be little room for a mafia team including Darth's target (assuming he's Zeus).

I forgot it was 24 hours, but mostly I just wasn't on to even change my vote or anything. I was busy all day Friday and disnt have any internet access at all. And by the time I did I was too tired to care for bmg really.
To be fair
I had no internet these last 2 days
Yer okay, It's just the only thing approaching a suspicion I had at the time.
?

Caps is dead and was Cop, that's just his death message so it wouldn't contain game-relevant info anyway.
I guess he thinks the town is done for after his n1 kill as Cop... we should try to prove him wrong, though.

Caps is dead and was Cop, that's just his death message so it wouldn't contain game-relevant info anyway.
I guess he thinks the town is done for after his n1 kill as Cop... we should try to prove him wrong, though.
CLASSIFICATION: PLAYA
They died.
CLASSIFICATION: SCRUB

No offense to Elementar, it just reminded me of that Chaos Mafia moment since what we have here is two players giving pretty different replies, detail-wise, to the same question :p

I apologise for my extended absence everybody. My weekend was super busy so I didn't really have a lot of time for this. I would very much like to state however that I am Vanilla Townie outside of that whole "neighbour" thing everyone knows about now.
No, it says something like: Someone has stolen <item> (not sure if I can say what)..... find and kill him. That "him" seems interesting, is it a general mention or does it specifically hint at a male character?
Right now it is just a guessing game, but my pm mentions I get a hint at the start of each day (Expect the first, since that's where the game starts).
In this case, I believe I know who you might be hunting. People speculated that you could be looking for Percy before with no obvious reprimand, so I think I can say this. You're looking for either Percy or Luke.

Unfortunately we know painfully little about the situation here, making it difficult to make proper reads... I'm honestly not sure what to think at the moment.

Even if I knew which character I need to hunt down, it doesn't give me enough info to know which player it is.
I would very much like to state however that I am Vanilla Townie outside of that whole "neighbour" thing everyone knows about now.
If I understand Zexy's post correctly, you all claim vanilla neighbour, either town or scum. If so, it would be really hard to determine which character every neighbour is.

Even if I knew which character I need to hunt down, it doesn't give me enough info to know which player it is.
Unfortunately it's difficult to say too. If you were after Percy, who was framed, you'd be after a townie, if you were after Luke, you're after a mafioso, possibly Godfather (since he was a camper). If we can somehow find a Godfather, I'd say that'd be a good starting point.

Day 3

*sigh* Did you all have a What the #$@&%!* has happened here? You ripped her apart, oh Gods, Athena won’t be happy about this…
Out of all people you just had to kill Annabeth? Athena already disliked me because of my amazing drunkiness all the time and now you had to kill her favorite daughter on my watch?
I’m going back to sleep, it may be my last.

Welcome young demigod, what did you say your name was again? Annie Bell? Weird name, well let’s continue. In your files it says that you are one of the most intelligent people on Camp but you think too high of yourself. You are very caring and why am I even bothering to tell you this, the person who knows you best is you.

latest

You are Annabeth Chase, the daughter of Athena, Head Counsellor of Athena’s Cabin and the Architect of Olympus.
Together with your good friends Perseus Jackson and Grover Underwood have you conquered a lot of obstacles in the past few years and you are one of the kids the others at camp look up to for advice on battle strategy and knowledge. Because of this you are one of the Neighbors in this game.
You have a private chat aside from the main thread where you can converse with other Neighbors.
You are allied with the Gods of Olympus and you win when the Forces of Kronos have been eliminated.

Good luck young demigod, and may the Gods be ever in your favor.
WolfOwl was killed. She was Annabeth Chase, Neighbor.

Since Day 2 was skipped it is now Day 3. It will end in 24 hours (11.00 AM GMT).

I VOTE: ZEXY!!

Strap yourselves in boys and girls, for some horribly flawed looking logic that hinges hugely on one key element that I can't explain properly because it implies my character.
Context: As most of you will already know, I am part of a neighbourhood with Zexy, Elementar, and the late WolfOwl. In my role PM I was explicitly told that one of my neighbours was allied with the forces of Kronos. It'll be easiest to simply quote relevant post in the chat as trying to paraphrase will just get messy.
WolfOwl said:
I'm so confused. I thought you were the MOD. And my role pm hinted at two neighbors
Zexy]Mine didn't hint at a specific number.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE="Elementar said:
I'm vanilla, and I thought there was only two more because of the hint about the characters.
Lone said:
I didn't get anything specific. But I was explicitly told that one of you was scum.
These posts form the basis for the entire argument, specifically, the numbers of players implied in the role-PMs (Sidenote: it's not exactly in a tiny post I can quote simply, but my role-PM also hints at 2 other characters).
Lone said:
OK guys, I'm about to drop some thoughts on you guys just in case I get killed before the public learns, so at least someone will know my thoughts before I die if it happens tonight.
I think that Zexy is the scum among us, based on what I know about our Role PMs, but that takes characters into account so it's difficult to explain. I do have deeper logic behind it, but I can't say it all because characters are important and I can't name-hint. Just keep in mind that this logic will look very flimsy without putting characters into it.
Me, Wolf, and Elementar have all had 2 other neignbours implied in our role PMs, I think that we all had each other implied, Zexy however, did not have anybody impied, putting him in a scummy position.
That's what I'm thinking anyway.
This was my first post on the topic, and gives some basic groundwork that all other points are based on. Zexy then presses me to explain my logic better.
Zexy said:
You should try explaining this logic a bit more. If it even exists.

IMO, scum!you would say this after realizing it's hard to push WO or Elementar since their wording is similar. Your own wording is the weirdest of all four so I can't help but think you are the flimsy one here.

The fact that the hints related to Darth's role (who probably needs to hit mafia assuming he's Zeus) talk about you as their hint makes your case scummier.
Lone said:
Honestly I have no clue at all why that hint implies me.
I understand that the logic is horrible as given, I do have deeper logic, but saying it would imply my character, I specifically went to the hosts and they said I really couldn't go any deeper. They know my ideas based on my first draft of that post I gave them, and they haven't commented (as I expected since they can't interfere). They've told me that this is really as in depth as I can go.
Just give it some thought guys, please?

Also that wording thing seems a flimsy statement, I word things differently that most people yes, and I was trying to avoid quoting the PM.
Zexy said:
It's part of Darth's role apparently, you can't do something about it.
But it does imply that Darth has some reason to look after you and if his target is mafia you could easily be them.

I'm not talking about your wording, I'm talking about what you claim your role PM's wording to be.
Lone said:
My Role-PM can be paraphrased thusly:
"Hi there, you're a neighbour, be warned, one of you is aligned with the Forces of Kronos."
I know it's odd that none of you got that information, but I am completely serious when I say it exists.
Elementar said:
From my perspective, it has to be out of you two. Lone's behaviour has been a little more scummy, but if we base it off Role PMs alone, Zexy would be more likely scum.
Lone said:
Also, I know I'm new to mafia, but even so, what would I have to gain by making such a poorly justified and claim if I was scum? What's the best case scenario? I throw one townie under the bus, then get instantly lynched after they flip. Not really a great win/reward situation is it?
Zexy said:
I don't think you made the claim as a plan, you just made the mistake of claiming it because it's worded similarly in your role PM. Also, for this neighbor situation, depending on who the other scum is, there might've been a win/win situation for all I know. When half the game is neighbors you shouldn't expect normal plays.
Wolf said:
Small games actually allow for self sacrifice taking down one to be a win unlike in big games.
LG do you know the series?
Lone said:
I've read all the books. It's safe to say I know the series. That's why I'm struggling so hard with a read that I made from character reads. I just can't properly explain it to anyone without bringing up characters and implying my own in the process.
That said, after deeper thought, Zexy may be a survivor perhaps, again, hinges on characters. I know that's going to look like backtracking to save my ass if he flips not scum at any point, but I realised it is a possibility.
Rest assured I'm going to explain my entire thought process after the game is over and restrictions on what we can talk bout are off. I'm just so DAMN CONFIDENT that something is up with Zexy!
...Unless one of Wolf or Element lied about what your role-pm implies, all of this logic hinges on that one key point.
Note: I'm now rather confident that both Wolf and Elementar were telling the truth about their role-PMs
Wolf said:
Honestly I understand your feelings. My knowledge only extends from my current reading of the first book and from seeing the movie but it is hard because saying who I think you or zexy could be and the reasoning why is too close to nameclaiming. If it isn't then hosts please let me know
Lone said:
Unfortunately the hosts've already shot down an attempt at being more specific. My first post on this topic had already gone through a re-write, I'm not sure how to get more specific without dropping names.
And then WolfOwl died.
Tl;DR: Based on the role-PM wording claimed by Wolf and Elementar, the revealed role-PM of WolfOwl, and how it matches with my own (Me, Wolf, and Elementar have all had 2 other neignbours implied in our role PMs, I think that we all had each other implied), I am now almost 100% sure that Zexy is the scum among our neigbourhood. He's the only one who apparently had no implication of any other characters in the neighbourhood. This has deeper logic behind it that I cannot say since it implies my character.
Also, I would like to state that it looks like Wolf was starting to pick up on what I was thinking, but then died. I don't think that's a co-incidence.

To be honest, I understand how horribly flimsy this looks when I can't explain the deeper meaning, but I am honestly completely serious. Hopefully enough people are able to pick up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom