• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus - End of Game - 10/03/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That... was not supposed to happen... I think quote formats got weird. Hopefully you guys can see what was supposed to happen?
You can edit to fix formatting. Besides, the way it is now, the unvote on me didn't work.

I'd like to hear more from jack too.

All right then, edited for formatting.
I see no facts, only your claims.
Once again, why should everyone assume you're telling the truth while I don't rather than the opposite? Just your role PM wording thing.
Nightkill explanations always have a WIFOM element to them; If you are scum, you still have reason to attempt killing Elementar since it's a -1 town and could lead to you pushing me easier.
BTW this part was in that post, but I meant to remove it. I was going to reply until I realised that you really can't refute it. All I could really do is insist that I'm Town so I couldn't have made that kill.

Messenger of the Gods said:
I am indeed indep, but a Reporter Rolecop. @Doctor Floptopus is actually a Rolecop as well and since she lied about Doctor, that means she must be mafia.
My Rolecop checks were:
N1 @Lone_Garurumon Neighbor
N2 @jackatlasred Bomb
N3 @Doctor Floptopus Rolecop

Now, let me explain my messages:
Mwhahaha, it seems the first has fallen. This however, is not to my liking. I had a good bond with dear Calypso. This night will be long, for I will mourn her with my broken heart.
This one was just flavour text to see initial reaction on it. With no reaction, I thought I would make another with a reference to the real world
Dawn, a beautiful time of day. All life wakes up, the birds sing a song, the sky gets a nice warm shine and your alarm is buzzing at you.
No! Not this time alarm! For when this night ends, another will begin and I will be able to rest on.
Not everyone agrees with me, however. It seems some of you decided to up at night and have a little... fun. Steve is one of them. He played a bit too much of God of War and went on a killing spree. But who was murdered? We'll soon find out.
My post in which I revealed my N1 check.
Hiding information, how sneaky and mysterious. I hope that neighbor Lone_Garurumon isn't talking behind my back, he's always been the lonely person anyhow.
After that @Zexy mentioned that these messages might just happen after each phase, also asking me if I knew when the hints would appear. I noticed the previous post wasn't at the start of a phase so I made this.
It seems these pieces have figured me out. Such a shame, I had so much fun... Wait, I can still do that. Screw the rules, I have money. I'm gonna have some more fun and post multiple messages during the day.

Riddles I shall make, but are they helpful?
This pawn, so lonely and white
It seems this member is not so powerful
Will these pieces be so bright?
I decided to have some fun and make riddles. Not necessarily at the start of a phase.

After my check on @jackatlasred
Ahw, I'm late for the party. So, who died today....
What! Not WolfOwl, you know I have a weakness for wolves and you know it. Luckily I have 2 more (Darth and Garuru). Trust me, those won't do any harm.
Talking about LG, that's one long post. I know I live in a book, but I don't like reading! Now what I do like is making riddles.

The wolf is howling as the land is being lit
The sun comes up and shines on the bomb oh so red
The titan Atlas, ready to drop it
Now hurry and find that item, I want to go to bed.
This showed both that @Lone_Garurumon was safe (which apparantly wasn't clear enough in the previous one), and the bomb role of @jackatlasred.

During D3 I posted this
Steve was still playing God of War, but this discussion tired him and he wanted to watch some tv. He turned it on and there was a show with a man who had a special screwdriver and some robots trying to kill him. EXTERMINATE!!!

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
That was the hint
If you didn't get that
This referred to both @Doctor Floptopus as the name and her claimed role as Doctor. I was hinting that she should be killed.

The next one was pretty mean
Ahw, you guys are no fun. Nobody died. It's all your fault Steve!
Maybe, I should bring some more life to this game with another riddle.

I watch from the shore
Watching over this game
No one knows who to kill
To succeed, you need to have the will
The hood falls down with no hope to restore
Such a shame
This was just to throw people off and see their reaction and thought on the current state of the game.

That leads us to the current situation.

I do and I still stick to @Doctor Floptopus

Vote: Doctor Floptopus

Wrong, big reveal time. Messager style.
Messenger of the Gods said said:
I am indeed indep, but a Reporter Rolecop. @Doctor Floptopus is actually a Rolecop as well and since she lied about Doctor, that means she must be mafia.
My Rolecop checks were:
N1 @Lone_Garurumon Neighbor
N2 @jackatlasred Bomb
N3 @Doctor Floptopus Rolecop

Now, let me explain my messages:
Mwhahaha, it seems the first has fallen. This however, is not to my liking. I had a good bond with dear Calypso. This night will be long, for I will mourn her with my broken heart.
This one was just flavour text to see initial reaction on it. With no reaction, I thought I would make another with a reference to the real world
Dawn, a beautiful time of day. All life wakes up, the birds sing a song, the sky gets a nice warm shine and your alarm is buzzing at you.
No! Not this time alarm! For when this night ends, another will begin and I will be able to rest on.
Not everyone agrees with me, however. It seems some of you decided to up at night and have a little... fun. Steve is one of them. He played a bit too much of God of War and went on a killing spree. But who was murdered? We'll soon find out.
My post in which I revealed my N1 check.
Hiding information, how sneaky and mysterious. I hope that neighbor Lone_Garurumon isn't talking behind my back, he's always been the lonely person anyhow.
After that @Zexy mentioned that these messages might just happen after each phase, also asking me if I knew when the hints would appear. I noticed the previous post wasn't at the start of a phase so I made this.
It seems these pieces have figured me out. Such a shame, I had so much fun... Wait, I can still do that. Screw the rules, I have money. I'm gonna have some more fun and post multiple messages during the day.

Riddles I shall make, but are they helpful?
This pawn, so lonely and white
It seems this member is not so powerful
Will these pieces be so bright?
I decided to have some fun and make riddles. Not necessarily at the start of a phase.

After my check on @jackatlasred
Ahw, I'm late for the party. So, who died today....
What! Not WolfOwl, you know I have a weakness for wolves and you know it. Luckily I have 2 more (Darth and Garuru). Trust me, those won't do any harm.
Talking about LG, that's one long post. I know I live in a book, but I don't like reading! Now what I do like is making riddles.

The wolf is howling as the land is being lit
The sun comes up and shines on the bomb oh so red
The titan Atlas, ready to drop it
Now hurry and find that item, I want to go to bed.
This showed both that @Lone_Garurumon was safe (which apparantly wasn't clear enough in the previous one), and the bomb role of @jackatlasred.

During D3 I posted this
Steve was still playing God of War, but this discussion tired him and he wanted to watch some tv. He turned it on and there was a show with a man who had a special screwdriver and some robots trying to kill him. EXTERMINATE!!!

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
That was the hint
If you didn't get that
This referred to both @Doctor Floptopus as the name and her claimed role as Doctor. I was hinting that she should be killed.

The next one was pretty mean
Ahw, you guys are no fun. Nobody died. It's all your fault Steve!
Maybe, I should bring some more life to this game with another riddle.

I watch from the shore
Watching over this game
No one knows who to kill
To succeed, you need to have the will
The hood falls down with no hope to restore
Such a shame
This was just to throw people off and see their reaction and thought on the current state of the game.

That leads us to the current situation.
While I was initially hesitant to believe this, that fact that you said it all in the message of the gods instead of just saying it in your post brings your credibility up a lot. The one thing I'm not sure about is Flop as Scum Rolecop. I'd think there'd probably be some kind of Doc in this game, and Flop's gone unCC'd apart from this.
@Doctor Floptopus A defence perhaps?
Also we'll still need all Town voting the same way, including @jackatlasred

Vote: doctor floptopus
After reading the entire threat and the messages of the gods this seems like the best choice. The messages don't seem to be wrong either.

Indep reporter wins when all power roles are dead. As a Doctor, I am a power role and therefore DarthWolf's last target. He's lying to get me lynched.

That is indeed my wincon, but you don't have proof that you are doctor. Do you think I made that whole reveal just to lie about your role?
Well, it looks like it's what everyone else is doing, but I don't trust it. Flop still feels town to me. And if we lose Town then Scum wins. Heck, if Darth leaves the game then Scum wins... Town doesn't want to work to Darth's wincon, since they'll lose... Darth doesn't want to work to Town's wincon, since he'll lose... Are we... Are we stuck? Honestly it looks like either Town or Darth is going to need to give up a win unless my math's wrong. Please someone tell me my math's wrong!

Situations
1 DF is Town and dies with 2 scum. It will be 2/1/1. It might be that I am done then and leave therefor scum will NK and it will be 1/1 with the bomb which leads to a tie.
2 DF is Scum and dies with 2 scum. It will be the same as in 1, 2/1/1. It will lead to a tie.

So, this only turns out a win for you then? Won't a tie count as Scum win anyway? Since nothing happens in the day since no votes can kill, then maf wins next night. Don't scum generally win if "you outnumber all other factions or nothing can stop this from happening"? This would hall into that "nothing can stop this" part right?

So, this only turns out a win for you then? Won't a tie count as Scum win anyway? Since nothing happens in the day since no votes can kill, then maf wins next night. Don't scum generally win if "you outnumber all other factions or nothing can stop this from happening"? This would hall into that "nothing can stop this" part right?
Normally, yes. But we have a bomb which will also kill the mafia.

Also I noticed a mistake in my first situation. If we assume DF Town then also assume mafia has only 1 memeber.

Also I noticed a mistake in my first situation. If we assume DF Town then also assume mafia has only 1 memeber.
True, but that doesn't feel likely. Isn't the ratio normally like 1 maf per 3-4 others? This definitely feels like a game that should have 2 scum.

@Lone_Garurumon what do you think of this?
Honestly I can't blame her. My "Zexy is scum" logic does look very flimsy by my own admission, but I still remain adamant that it works out once you put my character into it. Rest assure I'll explain fully when the game ends.
Plus she can hardly vote for herself now can she? I mean she can but why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom