• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules say no name-claiming, though

Nonone asked about straight out nameclaiming. The hosts did say we can hint at our element, and claiming the type of element is a method of hinting. If someone is a noble gas then they can say they're a noble gas. That kind of thing. It's not very useful now till we have dead town and mafia, but I think it'll help us later on in the game possibly.

I doubt you'll get lynched :p

And, I'm not a fan of sleep either. But, eh. Have to.

If you have some spare gasoline and the anthill isn't too close to your house, you can always burn out their home...

At this point, I think I'm riverdancing on the edge of that :p

Meh sleep doesn't destress me. Actually it can stress me more if I have bad dreams.

Idk where the ants are coming from. I think they live under our house so not fire starting for me. I live in a city so it's a bit harder to find stuff like that.

What's the point of "scumhunting" if you're not going to tell us your findings?

Why do people assume I don't? When I have something worthwhile to say on this, I say it. Just like when talking to Mido earlier and I said what I thought about how Mido reads.

When I don't have something worthwhile, I don't bring it up because it's usually just empty fluff that serves to distract.

Meh sleep doesn't destress me. Actually it can stress me more if I have bad dreams.

Idk where the ants are coming from. I think they live under our house so not fire starting for me. I live in a city so it's a bit harder to find stuff like that.

Bad dreams stress everyone. I hope you have good dreams when you go.

Ouch on the ants! May need an exterminator.

Day 1: Hour 48 Votals

Midorikawa: 3 (HumanDawn, Maniacial Engineer, FinalArcadia)
Elieson: 2 (Sword Master, Ereshkigal)
Ereshkigal: 2 (CheffOfGames, Feenie)
HumanDawn: 1 (Lone_Garurumon)
Sword Master: 1 (DarthWolf13)
Iteru: 1 (Elieson)

Phase ends in less than 24 hours (April 26th, 2017 at 9:30 PM UTC -8) unless there's a hammer. Hammerlynching requires 12 votes.

@HumanDawn what the heck have I refused to answer? Please please quote me refusing to answer because I have answered everything and yet I'm called scum for it so please please please please quote my refusal to answer.

Okay...

FinalArcadia brings up a new, original argument against you about a contradiction you made to justify voting you thinking you're Mafia.

This seems like a contradiction. You say in the first post that you don't remove votes until you either a) change them or b) the person is in danger of dying. Yet you unvote Elieson in the second post without a) replacing the vote with another and b) Elieson wasn't in danger. It's especially odd coming from you since you usually use pressure votes very frequently to try to get answers, and you even mention that in the first post about keeping "extra pressure." Then why haven't you voted Ereshkigel - who you find scummy - for either a legit vote or at least pressure? What responses are you waiting for? I hate to sound like I'm turning into a Meta Monster, but this doesn't seem like town!Midori play.

VOTE: Midorikawa
Ti3BtXT.png

actual irl photo of me using meta

this is a joke, i'm seriously trying to just use meta when it feels relevant and that time is now lol

Now, this is you one post exactly after.

Okay I'm done. Apparently no one cares to read an actually pay attention to what I'm saying or the fact that half the time the answer is in the post or obvious.

And I honestly don't have the patience or time because I'm at work and stuck ere till closing.

Go ahead and vote and lynch me if you want but it will majorly hurt the town much much more than Zexys fear lynch in superheroes mafia. And that's all I will say because the mafia doesn't need to know more. If they want to know my role they can nightkill me.

You keep on posting afterwards to complain and justify your fuse being blown so easily instead of bringing up an explanation to FinalArcadia on something new. It's not like she copied me or Maniacal Engineer's reasoning to vote you. I've honestly never seen you act so erratic since like, maybe your earlier days...

TBH I don't think there was really any need to bring up this possibility. Miller claims early on are true more often than not and this does nothing but stir up paranoia.

I know... and I didn't mean to stir up any paranoia? It's just that whenever a Miller claims Day 1 they're trusted and usually live a long while, while when I did it, I was Vigilante Killed N1 because "it helps find scum easier through claims" and I think I'm still the only Miller claim to be vigged so early... i was lying i was miller but that was because i was a singer, still town!

Go ahead and vote and lynch me if you want but it will majorly hurt the town much much more than Zexys fear lynch in superheroes mafia. And that's all I will say because the mafia doesn't need to know more. If they want to know my role they can nightkill me.
@HumanDawn, curious what your thought process is regarding this part of Mido's post. If your thought process is anything like mine, you'd be thinking that this lynch could potentially blow up in our faces.

@HumanDawn, curious what your thought process is regarding this part of Mido's post. If your thought process is anything like mine, you'd be thinking that this lynch could potentially blow up in our faces.

I didn't see Superheroes, and yeah it makes me worry but I don't think it's normal for Mido to crack so easily and be so contradictory. What happened in SH?

I didn't see Superheroes, and yeah it makes me worry but I don't think it's normal for Mido to crack so easily and be so contradictory. What happened in SH?
Zexy fear lynched me when I was doctor.

And I did answer the contradiction. I was aware of it typing the post which is why I explained my unvote. And I clarified it in my giant post. If i missed a question then show me. But I answered that stuff so again I did not refuse to answer. The answers were already in the post. And I really think it should be obvious by now that sometimes my posts will be cut short because of work. How many times have I mentioned my work and short posts or done posts I couldn't fully explain at the time. Of course in this case I did explain in the post. I didn't vote because I was still waiting on answers to all the questions I asked.

I'm still curious what your obsession was with that darth post I made. You ignored that question.

Hey guys, sorry I've been totally gone, I've been super busy lately so I haven't really had time. I'll give some proper thoughts on the game later, once I've made sure I'm all caught up, but I'd like to say that I've got a cop check on Mido. She's Town guys.
I'm a one-shot anytime cop. I used it up right near the start of the game since Mido's a strong player who knows how to hide, so I wanted to be sure what she was playing right from the get-go.

So, basically, Town cop result on Mido, will post actual thoughts in a little bit.

omg what a turn of events...

UNVOTE: Midorikawa

Zexy fear lynched me when I was doctor.

And I did answer the contradiction. I was aware of it typing the post which is why I explained my unvote. And I clarified it in my giant post. If i missed a question then show me. But I answered that stuff so again I did not refuse to answer. The answers were already in the post. And I really think it should be obvious by now that sometimes my posts will be cut short because of work. How many times have I mentioned my work and short posts or done posts I couldn't fully explain at the time. Of course in this case I did explain in the post. I didn't vote because I was still waiting on answers to all the questions I asked.

I'm still curious what your obsession was with that darth post I made. You ignored that question.

I still can't find it. Not that it matters much for me now. I already explained I thought it was OOC from you which raised many alarm bells.

I still can't find it. Not that it matters much for me now. I already explained I thought it was OOC from you which raised many alarm bells.
Not really. No one was really scumhunting and my attempts were being ignored. Thus I had more than enough pressure and I've been lynched multiple times when I couldn't respond which does happen sometimes at work. You and FA did it to me one time when I was in class : p

And I always get annoyed when I don't get proper responses. Usually it's from people trying to lynch me over something like aggressiveness, of course they never have anything to back up their case outside of feelings. You guys were ignoring my posts and twisting everything basically because of one post. I think ME brought up the best reasoning which honestly isn't that good because I've always found unnecessary bringing up of things like SK and Cults and what not to be scummy since it spreads unnecessary paranoia.

Lone_Garurumon said:
I'm a one-shot anytime cop. I used it up right near the start of the game since Mido's a strong player who knows how to hide, so I wanted to be sure what she was playing right from the get-go.
This is my first time seeing a one-shot anytime cop... when you say 'right near the start of the game' was this before Midori posted or after? I suppose it makes sense to check her being that she's a strong player and active, but that also is an incredibly quick decision to make. Especially since you're a one shot.

Midorikawa said:
Not really. No one was really scumhunting
I wouldn't say that, I've seen scum-hunting attempts this phase. Much more than in other Day 1 phases of games I've played.

I've always found unnecessary bringing up of things like SK and Cults and what not to be scummy
I'm not sure how bringing up the possibility of a cult is scummy (I can see SK however), especially when it's likely given Elieson's account. Are you doubting the existence of a cult?

I need to look back at the pages I've missed.

This is my first time seeing a one-shot anytime cop... when you say 'right near the start of the game' was this before Midori posted or after? I suppose it makes sense to check her being that she's a strong player and active, but that also is an incredibly quick decision to make. Especially since you're a one shot.
Well I'm known to be hard to catch as scum. Most of the time I get caught due to claims or checks or stuff like that. There's a reason i have three mafia related awards.
I wouldn't say that, I've seen scum-hunting attempts this phase. Much more than in other Day 1 phases of games I've played
It's an 18 player game. There hasn't been that much activity for this many players. Heck I've hardly seen much of anything outside of the loud player group which does include me.
I'm not sure how bringing up the possibility of a cult is scummy (I can see SK however), especially when it's likely given Elieson's account. Are you doubting the existence of a cult?
It is. It's no different than converter. It's put fear that someone might suddenly be your enemy. I think it is possible in this game and it's understandable in the case of Elie since his role states it. But normally it's scummy. FA even pointed out that Elie called her scummy for it in a different game. It's unnecessary unless it's an obvious thing such as The WAlking Dead mafia having a converter because of well zombies.

Confirmed.

Vote: jdthebud I mean, ME. Am I doing this right? These abbreviations are so tricky.
Joke
Great, a double whoosh. Me on your first post (not realizing you were using symbols) and ME thinking I was failing at using atomic symbols, when I wasn't.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Joke
@Maniacal Engineer I think you make a good point regarding Elieson's non motivation for posting about cult as scum since it could draw unnecessary attention on him this early in the game. I'm curious about what you think about those players who actually voted for Elieson for it, though.

I'm confused about why you are using this particular meta here. Elieson is the one who brought up the cult in this game, not the one attaching the speculation. Also, I'm curious what your alignment was in that game.

More later, but I like ME's logic regarding Eli so far so: [Unvote] ME
Agreeing with ME.
I wanted to look into Max for a minute mostly because ME impressed me and I am a devout follower. There are 2 votes on him, but one is a joke vote by Darth (I think?), and the other is by Elieson which reads like a pressure vote (#179).

Anyway, the good stuff is here:
Random vote on ChefOfGames, nothing to see here I guess.

responding to Ereshkigal's vote on "Mechanical Engineer". Hey, I resemble that vote! :p

Asking for clarification on Eresh's comment about players who seem to be dangerous to town no matter their alignment. A little short and non-specific, but ok.

Role speculation. meh.

This starts a conversation with Elieson where Elieson asks him to give a reaction to the whole cult speculation he started.

Max's response to Eli's question about reads on four specific players. He stays noncommittal.

He agrees with HD's summation of Max's playstyle based on previous games.

Response to @Space (Hi there! Long time no see :)) saying that not giving reactions is scummy even if a player doesn't like giving thoughts. More conversation about his meta. Ho-hum.

Ok, he unvotes the RVS one, that's fine.

And here's a strange vote (IMO) on Elieson, citing that he is pushy. That's rather weak since Elieson is always like this...and he even admits it! Just weird.

He responds to Mido's question as to why pushy is bad. More weak reasoning. I also find it interesting that he ignored ME's question here:

That's worthy of a response IMO, why not answer that as well, it was right before Mido's question...

He says he'll try to do one of these tomorrow. I look forward to it.

Overall feeling: He's playing like he's lost, but I think he's a better player than that, so I'm interested in seeing what he comes up with tomorrow.
This is just plain strange that he would ISO Max. Max didn't need an ISO because the active players all already were watching him and interacting with him. We knew already if his posts struck as scummy or not. This just seems like an attempt to make Max look scummier and try to weed a mislynch. An a mislynch on a player that can't articulate thoughts very well can be quite easy.
Don't have much time right now but I want to answer @Midorikawa - first I wanted to do a quote wall because I felt it would get me more into the swing of things (unlike Zexy Games II where I was far too inactive and hung back far too much given my BP role in that game). I chose Max because I wanted to see if he really was being fluffy or not, given the vote by Elieson who has been a bit of a polarizing figure in D1 (unintended pun I promise, lol).

I'll check back here later in the day.
His reasoning for the Max ISO seems like buddying Elieson. And he could have easily ISOed anyone else instead yet he still chose Max who didn't need it. But choosing MAx because of Eliesons vote is just strange. It was easy to see if he was being fluffy or not. And it's not as though he was the only player not being not fluff.
she did say her role. I don't think I've ever seen it as scum - independent isn't out of the question, but she's probably town. Assuming she's not lying of course.
A response to ME about Eresh, and ironically ME's post was directed at Elieson.

JD hasn't posted much, but his posts strike me as strange in a scummy way.

VOTE: jdthebud

It was before Mido posted, I considered other power players but Mido tends to be the one to survive the longest by my experience. She's also pretty damn good at hiding so I just wanted to know what we were up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom