• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Persona 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

----

Reaction score
0f97355f28e66887dc90b0f8deabd06f.jpg

Coming later this year or early next the fifth game in one of the greatest JRPG series is coming. Being that Persona 4 is easily my favorite game of all time I have very high hopes for this game, anyone else?

I can not wait for a release date for this game.

I've been watching the game-play trailer a lot. The thing that interests me the most is in one of the menu screens you see a bar that says cooperation. I'm interested to know how any kind of co-op would be implemented in this type of game or if it's some new single player feature. It would probably be helpful if there was a trailer fully in English.

Pictures from a trailer included with P4: Dancing all Night leaked last night, but the full trailer has not yet

Watched the new trailer. Text was in english but audio was not.

I think probably the only notable thing from it was it give just a little more information of the thief aspect of the story line. Also maybe a better look at main characters attire and one persone which all look pretty awesome.

Just saw the leaked trailer myself! Seeing the P5 protagonist awaken his persona was breath taking.
Only thing else I found interesting was that that blue haired guy looked a bit like Minanto, although it's extremely unlikely to be him

I loved P3, and P4 so I'm definitely looking forward to the new game. Though I haven't played P3 or P4 on the PS2, but on handhelds. So playing P5 on the PS3 will be a new experience for me.

I love P4 to the point where a banner I made for it is my splash image or whatever on Facebook (small version here in case anyone is interested) and am writing a walkthrough for it (no link cause I still haven't bothered to fix whatever's wrong with my website ^=__=^;; ).

I have P3: FES and Persona Q but haven't had time to play either yet. :( I'm totally getting P5 whenever it comes out though cause <3

Theres a purely original persona game using persona q artwork for all of the p3 and p4 cast called persona 4:racing all afternoon after a random meme sprung by dancing all night.
The creator plans to add p5 into the mix later as well, but I hope for p1 and both acts of p2 to be added someday
I personally wish persona 5 isn't as gory as we think it will be so far
Part of why I prefer persona over the other SMT games is that while still dark (minus persona 4) is isn't overly gory like smt proper

I usually avoid $100+ collectors editions, but goddddd that's beautiful. I might have to invest in it.

I want that collector's edition too. qq Definitely going out tomorrow to lay some money down on it. I was honestly hoping we'd get it lol, after first seeing it announced for Japan.
rip though. That delay is mean. Guess it frees up my gaming schedule a little for this year though.

I recommend everyone in this thread try Persona 1 and explore the roots of the series (y)

... just kidding, I wouldn't subject anyone to that.

Try both parts of 2, though. That's pretty good.

Now that the game is out in Japan, it's time to hide from spoilers until February xD

I think I have a problem. I want to avoid spoilers, but I can't... stop... watching Japanese live streams! THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIING

I'm a little bit worried that the story isn't going to be as deep and meaningful as Persona 3 (my #1 favorite video game ever) or 4 (an excellent game in its own right), but the premise is ripe with potential and I trust that Hashino knows what he's doing. It's obvious that he takes these games seriously as pieces of story-telling that can make an impact on people's lives, like he already has mine. Now I just have to keep my cool until February!

What version of P3 did you play first, Jack?

The first and only version I've played is Persona 3 FES on the PS2. I hope I get to experience Portable some day, since what I've heard of the female protagonist's sound track is way better than the male's, and also to Social Link the boys of SEES, especially my dawg Junpei, and my dog, Koromaru. Plus she's cyoot so imean

Lots of people say they don't like how you can't control your party members in FES, but honestly, I liked it. I didn't expect it to be so effective, but it gave me a really strong sense that my friends were individuals who made their own decisions (sometimes poor ones, but still). To be fair, I could've done it the same way in Persona 4 if I wasn't so chicken, but I thought it was ballsy that 3 (on PS2 at least) didn't even give you the choice. Man, it's a great game. I have high hopes for Persona 5, it has one hell of a legacy to live up to.

P3 FES is probably the best version of Persona 3, even if The Answer was kinda lame.

Portable is alright to play from a different perspective. But I can't say I liked the altered interface outside of dungeons.

The first and only version I've played is Persona 3 FES on the PS2. I hope I get to experience Portable some day, since what I've heard of the female protagonist's sound track is way better than the male's, and also to Social Link the boys of SEES, especially my dawg Junpei, and my dog, Koromaru. Plus she's cyoot so imean

Lots of people say they don't like how you can't control your party members in FES, but honestly, I liked it. I didn't expect it to be so effective, but it gave me a really strong sense that my friends were individuals who made their own decisions (sometimes poor ones, but still). To be fair, I could've done it the same way in Persona 4 if I wasn't so chicken, but I thought it was ballsy that 3 (on PS2 at least) didn't even give you the choice. Man, it's a great game. I have high hopes for Persona 5, it has one hell of a legacy to live up to.

P3 FES is probably the best version of Persona 3, even if The Answer was kinda lame.

Portable is alright to play from a different perspective. But I can't say I liked the altered interface outside of dungeons.

You see, I loved Persona 3. Really really enjoyed the characters, plot, atmosphere, tone, symbolism, and just about everything about the game. I'd say it trumps P4 as my favorite JRPG of all time if not for one thing.

I hated, absolutely despised the battle mechanics (FES). There were a few stand out moments where I lost hours of game play based on the partner AI. I could pretty much ignore it until the ten part final boss. During that fight, I think I was more frustrated than I've ever been with a video game. Combine Yukari, who healed no one despite given orders to, the boss itself, which had abilities ranging from taking control of your party to instant kill moves, to the fact that the battle lasts over an hour altogether to make a super frustrating fight. Though I can definitely respect your opinion, Jack.

Other than that though, the game is great. But, that personal problem gave Persona 4 a slight edge over 3 for me. I hope Persona 5 takes the best aspects of both and learns from the mistakes of both. From what I've seen so far, the game is looking great.

Sorry to rant or anything! I enjoy a good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom