• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon Main Staff Revealed

Actually, Tomioka wrote almost all of the Satoshi vs Alan battle, and all of the Flare arc; Bulbapedia just hasn't updated the category list of episodes written by him. :)

Ah, that would make sense, particularly with the Team Flare arc given the praise I've heard for it. I was just thinking of how I'd be content if those two episodes were the last ones he wrote for the series for the foreseeable future given how much I enjoyed that mini-arc. I do hope he can still do some work for the anime in the future. but I hope that he'll continue to have success either way.

I wish they got Junki Takegami
Where has that man gone?! He hasn't written a script in ages, I hope he hasn't gone and retired (especially because this would not be a good note to end on considering some of the amazing episodes he's written!)
Oh
My
God

I never even considered this.
A bullet has been dodged.

Right now, I don't have faith in the SM staff at the moment. The series is not what I thought it would be.

Where has that man gone?! He hasn't written a script in ages, I hope he hasn't gone and retired (especially because this would not be a good note to end on considering some of the amazing episodes he's written!)
Oh God, that was one of the worst episodes ever.

Takegami is the head writer of Naruto Shippuuden, so he is likely busy there.

Fujita Shinzou wrote the XY & Z #37-38. Tomioka only wrote #23 when it comes to Satoshi versus Alan.

Jeez could you get your priorities more wrong...

What, by focusing on the series with a narrative that is about to wrap?

Actually, now that I look at his recent workload, he hasn't written episodes in about six months. Naruto versus Sasuke was written by Miyata Yuuka (Episodes #476-477), Episode #478 was written, storyboarded, directed, and half key animated by Tsuru Toshiyuki. Tsuru also wrote Episode #479, which was directed by Series Director Date Hayato. The fact that these four episodes were written by Miyata and Tsuru leave me to think Takegami might really be ill or on sabbatical.

Perhaps more worrying is that Kobayashi Osamu is the writer and director of the upcoming story arc. Kobayashi is, of course, really good at both, but I have to wonder what this means for Takegami.

Personally I really liked the Binacle episode, felt the COTDs were pretty neat and I liked their story. Also how it sort of connected to the Team Flare plot indirectly by having Squishy see the good side of humans.

Wait is Naruto actually ending??

He better bloody be on a sabbatical!

The cartoon has adapted all but the final chapter of the comic.

As of Episode #480 there is no longer a head writer credit for Shippuuden. The new series director, Kobayashi Osamu, is likely fulfilling that role, given he is writing the next few episodes personally.

First thing I immediately noticed about Matsui Aya is that she wrote absolutely no BW episodes. But she did write one of my favorite AG episodes, Do I Hear a Ralts?. On this fact alone, I'm willing to put my faith in her. Sure, she wrote that episode over a decade ago, but if she can write emotion like what Max felt for Ralts, I am extremely interested to see what she can do as head writer

Let's see how the staff does, despite all the internet groaning I love XY and can't wait to see what SM can do. Unlike most, I don't allow XY131 and 139 to define the entire series for me after a hundred and thirty overall good quality episodes before it.

Let's see how the staff does, despite all the internet groaning I love XY and can't wait to see what SM can do. Unlike most, I don't allow XY131 and 139 to define the entire series for me after a hundred and thirty overall good quality episodes before it.
That's exactly the same as my opinion of the XY series. I'm looking forward to Sun&Moon as well.

I truly do despise these episodes and think they're some of the most poorly written ones, but I'm not gonna let this determine what I truly think of the XY series and if I watch the SuMo series or not. They're just two of the bad parts of an otherwise pretty good series. I am starting to get excited for the SuMo series and I'll stick around to see it.

This all makes sense to me if they want to cement the idea that this series now has a totally different premise to all the others. It seems to be what they've wanted to do all along. I may not like it, but consistency is all I've ever asked of them, and if they can stick to one kind of show, then that'll be fine, even if I'm not watching it.

As a Tomioka fanboy I hope he still writes some episodes, especially involving the villains.

El_Aleph pointed on Twitter that Iwane Masa'aki says we should look forward to the new expressiveness of the animation in Sun & Moon.

>Rebeliousさん どんなポケモンを捕まえることになるのか僕も楽しみにしています
>おねデデさん 前作(まだ終わってませんが)と大きく変わってるので最初抵抗があるかもしれませんが、新しい表情や演技にご期待ください。

Someone mentioned that the dub credits have revealed staff on episodes they haven't even aired yet. There are two writers this person mentioned: Ayumi Sekine (who is now making her debut with the Mallow episode) and one that has my interest, Junichi Fujisaku. What else has he written? A lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and that Blood franchise. He's also the head writer of the upcoming Atom The Beginning.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom