• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon Main Staff Revealed

Anyone want to watch the English dub of the first two episodes of SM and check the credits to confirm this?

So a recent episode was directed by an animator who also worked on Cowboy Bebop and now a screenwriter who worked on Ghost in the Shell: SAC is joining the staff too, if the Junichi Fujisaku credit is true. That's pretty neat.

From what I gather, writers and plot threads they handle:

Matsui
: Main plot, Kapu Kokeko, Pikachu, Rotom, Z-crystals, Okido
Tomioka: Suiren, Ashimari, Nyabby, Iwanko, Kaki?
Omode: Mamane, Togedemaru, Lilie, Shiron, Team Rocket, Kiteguruma, Mimikyu
Sekine: Mao?

Last edited:
!!!!!

Hasn't Oohashi written an episode yet?!

Flynn means Aito Oohashi, an animaton director. He will be doing SM019.

By the way, Junichi Fujisaku has a connection with OLM. He did an educational anime with the studio in collaboration with Production I.G. called "Pikaia!".

And another thing. The new series director is Daiki Tomiyasu. He worked as an episode director for X and Y and guess what? He directed and storyboarded XY060. Yep, the one where Serena cut her hair and was a turning point in her character development. Of course, it helps that it was written by Atsuhiro Tomioka.

Speaking of Tomioka, you got to hand it to him. He may not be in charge anymore but that hasn't stopped him writing some emotional episodes for Sun and Moon as seen with Litten's relationship to the old Stoutland and Popplio's backstory.

Last edited:
Speaking of Tomioka, you got to hand it to him. He may not be in charge anymore but that hasn't stopped him writing some emotional episodes for Sun and Moon as seen with Litten's relationship to the old Stoutland and Popplio's backstory.

Tomioka #1. The Rockruff capture ep is easily my favorite from SM so far. I hope whenever they get to the villain plot they let Tomioka write the majority of it.

From what I understand, the Pokemon anime has a pretty good production schedule compared to other anime. It is more like American cartoons where the episodes are finished months ahead of time as opposed to as late as the day it airs. If this is true, when did OLM start to do this?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom