• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon Main Staff Revealed

Ohashi, Fujita, Yonemura, Takegami, Sonoda...62.5 percent of the writing staff is disappeared after XY ended. Cutting expenses?

I really have doubts about that percentage amount, if only because it reminds me way too much of the whole "the writers were fired after BW in order to explain why XY was so drastically different/better received among fans" when that series started up.

I really have doubts about that percentage amount, if only because it reminds me way too much of the whole "the writers were fired after BW in order to explain why XY was so drastically different/better received among fans" when that series started up.
There was only eight of them in XY:

Atsuhiro Tomioka: 32 episodes
Shinzo Fujita: 24 episodes
Akemi Omode: 22 episodes
Yukiyoshi Ohashi: 21 episodes
Shoji Yonemura: 18 episodes
Junki Takegami: 15 episodes
Hideki Sonoda: 6 episodes
Aya Matsui: 2 episodes
Total: 140 episodes

Only three of them returned to SM. So, 3 out of 8 = 62.5 percent.

There was only eight of them in XY:

Atsuhiro Tomioka: 32 episodes
Shinzo Fujita: 24 episodes
Akemi Omode: 22 episodes
Yukiyoshi Ohashi: 21 episodes
Shoji Yonemura: 18 episodes
Junki Takegami: 15 episodes
Hideki Sonoda: 6 episodes
Aya Matsui: 2 episodes
Total: 140 episodes

Only three of them returned to SM. So, 3 out of 8 = 62.5 percent.

Wouldn't it be possible that they'll show up in the writing credits later on in the series though? It's not like not being in the credits now means that they can never show up to write episodes down the road. The percentage still seems like a bit much to me when I can see people using that as a means to bashing the series.

Wouldn't it be possible that they'll show up in the writing credits later on in the series though?
I don't think so. We've reached to the episode 20 and still no word on them. It's highly unusual to only depend on three writers when you have more. And they even hired a new one for Mao's episode.
The percentage still seems like a bit much to me when I can see people using that as a means to bashing the series.
It's Math.:coffee:

Clutching at straws, but Sonoda (for example) had a 32 episode gap in XY, and wrote only 6 episodes in total starting with XY026. I don't trust the dub's grasp on who works for the anime enough to say that the writers absent from the credits are categorically gone forever...

But...

...There's no denying that 20 episodes have passed without word.

Hard to believe that 4 (or 5 if you count Yone-too-busy-with-the-movie-mura) writers who have been regulars since Kanto might leave all at once like that!

It's Math.:coffee:

I know that. It's just that when people claim over half of the writing staff from XY is gone, they're going to think more it's more than four or five writers. At least I did and it really does sound too similar to other complaints about the writing staff I've heard before. Although, there's at least evidence for this given the dub credits. I'm still not sure if that means that they're gone for good, but that is a good point about being twenty episodes in without any sign of them. I don't know if they're busy working on other shows or if they're all working on the new movie.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom