• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters: The Battle Quest (7)

Re: Pocket Monsters: The Battle Quest (6)

Well, you can just call me "Booty". Rolls off the tongue much faster.

Welcome. Though, now that I think about it. Maybe he's actually referring to the Burned Mansion on Cinnibar Island?

Haha, either way, the Silph facility explosion does not have any direct correlation to anything in the canon universe. Aside from several subtle odes to the canon world here and there that the attentive reader may or may not notice, Pocket Monsters is mostly completely separate from the anime/games/manga.

Thanks for reading though. And Booty, I left a review on your fic.

Oh well. I tried.

oh, and Booty Warrior? I'm a girl.

Haha, either way, the Silph facility explosion does not have any direct correlation to anything in the canon universe. Aside from several subtle odes to the canon world here and there that the attentive reader may or may not notice, Pocket Monsters is mostly completely separate from the anime/games/manga.

Thanks for reading though. And Booty, I left a review on your fic.

Ah, I see. Well, I guess you weren't kidding when you said it's going to be all-new. I am impressed, and now further intrigued at this building explosion.

And thanks for the review. Much appreciated. ^^

Oh well. I tried.

oh, and Booty Warrior? I'm a girl.

Oh, dear me. I apologize. I'd seen your gender icon before, but I'd forgotten to internalize it. My bad. ^^;

*nods* Right!

Hmmm... that exploding Silph Co. building wouldn't have a connection to a certain other building exploding on a certain island, would it?

World Trade Center right? that's the feeling I got too well actually I mentioned it back in the first Pocket Monsters fic.

World Trade Center right? that's the feeling I got too well actually I mentioned it back in the first Pocket Monsters fic.

No, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Pokémon Mansion, but I got the same feeling as well.

Haha, I haven't even put that much thought into what the explosion resembles in real life aside from, like it says in the story, an accident of some sort.

I think the explosion is like a terrorist thing or something.

Are you goin to post next chapter soon?

I've been preoccupied, but I hope to have Chapter 7 up by the end of the weekend. We'll see though.

This has a few flaws, but by and large, it's seriously impressive. The writing just has this flow to it unlike almost any other fanfiction I've seen. It seems you've thought out the world of the story really well, incorporating sports, government, media, etc. And I like how Milo's failed a lot early on, because it's more dramatic and interesting to see him have to learn from his mistakes than succeed immediately. I would have preferred if you hadn't been so blunt with Milo's monologue to Rena about his brother's death and father's desertion, but ah well. People don't usually exposition-dump to other people in real life except under extraordinary circumstances.
Milo's lies to Rena are also a good piece of writing. He's more sympathetic and human because he lies to impress a girl. Please keep making Milo (and hopefully the others, too) flawed but likable. I'm super-eager to see what's next. :)

I liked how Milo told Rena about his brothe and father. She was mad at him already and she asked him why he was in the Quest anyway. It seemed like he was desperate to make her like him or not be mad anymore so he said that stuff.

It just read sort of clunky, is all. It's not bad writing, per se, but amid otherwise top shelf dialogue/characterization, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Good advice for sure @The Dude! Thanks for that. I need to do better about this sort of thing, so I appreciate the suggestions.

Ok srsly when is the next chapter coming?

When Legacy has the time to. He doesn't have to write this story just because you want to read it, you know.

This has been really good so far! I'm enjoying your spin on the series.

I'd try and provide some criticism but I'd just be repeating what everyone else has already said.

And kudos for typing this on an iPad! Medal deserved for that, touch-screens can be a pain in the neck at the best of times, let alone when writing long chapters.

Definitely. WHenever I type on an iPad, my palms try to rest on the keyboard and suddenly, we get something like this: aalsdfj;
I'm also really enjoying the changes you made! I just wanted to mention that, since initially I was wondering how much better you could make the story, but I'm definitely seeing now the extent to which it's improved. Milo's little "confession" to Reina was certainly an improvement. Great work!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom