• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon English dub moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD

While I would have preferred for them to jump right into SM myself, I can understand why they're airing XY first. It is the most recent series, these first XY season episodes haven't been aired for at least a year and it probably works as a good testing ground to see how the series performs ratings wise. Plus, they may also want to have a marathon or a week of premieres leading up to SM's debut. We'll hopefully have a premiere sometime in March.

Probably a stupid question, but does this also mean Boomerang won't be airing Pokémon anymore? They actually treated it better than the main channel (here at least we get 2 episodes a day every day of the week) and it was nice to see all of the old episodes on a consistent basis.

Probably a stupid question, but does this also mean Boomerang won't be airing Pokémon anymore? They actually treated it better than the main channel (here at least we get 2 episodes a day every day of the week) and it was nice to see all of the old episodes on a consistent basis.
They don't anymore, I checked on TV listings and Pokemon is nowhere to be seen. I guess since CN is done, so was eventually going to be it for them as well.

I'm not too surprised. I imagine that the rights for Cartoon Network to air the series also applied to Boomerang. I never got the channel, even when we got a new cable package, so I never got to see Boomerang airing older Pokemon episodes. It's too bad since I have heard how they've been airing older episodes pretty consistently for quite some time.

I'm not too surprised. I imagine that the rights for Cartoon Network to air the series also applied to Boomerang. I never got the channel, even when we got a new cable package, so I never got to see Boomerang airing older Pokemon episodes. It's too bad since I have heard how they've been airing older episodes pretty consistently for quite some time.
Two every evening at nine for a while now, it was actually really convenient. In 2015 they used to do 3PM in the summer, then switched to 5PM and ran through all of DP. Then they started OS, but they moved to three for a while, but they had been going at 9 for over a year, going through all of OS and a decent amount of AG. I thought it was a really good idea to make it later since people like us like to watch the old episodes like that. Even though I own them all on Dvd, it was still really nice to be able to flip to them on TV and see chunks of episodes. I was a little sad on Monday night when I switched to the channel at 9:15 to see what was on that night and saw it was gone. It looks like XD will only be doing one episode a day, and unfortunately although the timing is perfect for kids leaving school, it won't be as good for those of us that work later.

For those who have On Demand, they have been uploading more seasons lately. They have all of DP available and just uploaded Johto Journeys not too long ago. I don't know if other cable providers besides Comcast have these seasons and it's still not quite the same as watching them on live TV, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.

I remember when I first heard this news because CN had been airing Pokemon for 10 years, but since the network's bad treatment of the XY series timeslots was noticed, the change was probably needed.

It's good how XD are planning to air a few episodes every week, but it's unfortunately coming at the cost of having to wait much longer for the new dub season to air than previously.

We still have to wait and see how will Disney XD plan to air the anime, I didn't got my hopes for a long opening anyways, but a good ending this time around is nice and is now getting the love it deserves

We still have to wait and see how will Disney XD plan to air the anime, I didn't got my hopes for a long opening anyways, but a good ending this time around is nice and is now getting the love it deserves
Considering the quality of the dub, I think it's getting too much love for what it deserves, personally. XD.

I saw watching an episode the other day that Disney XD now has an anime block on Saturdays with Pokémon, Yo-Kai Watch, and Beyblade. Pokémon is basically the only anime I watch, so the block itself isn't a big deal for me, but it's nice to see the channel is paying more attention to the show and even created a block involving it. I didn't like XY, but only getting to see the show once a week during a death slot was a total joke. There was really no reason CN couldn't have put on at least one episode a day like they used to.

Yeah, they used to have weekday morning reruns on Cartoon Network and it was nice. It reminded me a bit of watching Pokemon episodes as I was getting ready for school back in the day. It wasn't the first time they only had one slot for Pokemon. That was the case back around the tail end of DP, but they gave it a better timeslot and reruns after awhile. I was hoping that would happen with XY, but when the situation was exactly the same by the time the Kalos League started, that should have been more of a tip off to me that something was really wrong.

I've seen that promo for that anime block on Disney XD. It's a nice way to package all of their anime while also promoting them. It's nice and refreshing to see promos for the show on their channel, especially when Cartoon Network didn't have a promo for the main series for ages. I think that the last main series promo they had was for the second XY season, which was about two years ago. They never had a promo for the XYZ season on their lineup as far as I'm aware of. Hopefully, Disney XD will continue to treat the series better than Cartoon Network has and we'll learn about the SM dub premiere soon.

I have to say, the ONLY thing I'll miss about it being on CN is that I would record the episode (I was not waking up at 7 AM on a Saturday) and watch it once I woke up, so it did also remind me of watching it on Saturday mornings as a kid. Watching it now in the afternoon/night (when I assume the episodes will be aired) will be different, but not in a bad way. I'll just have to get used to it!

I still think Disney is planning on having some kind of marathon to officially kick off the series (like a whole week of new episodes or something like that) so I'm trying to be patient in waiting for any news. That kind of premiere, for me at least, would be well worth the wait.

I have to say, the ONLY thing I'll miss about it being on CN is that I would record the episode (I was not waking up at 7 AM on a Saturday) and watch it once I woke up, so it did also remind me of watching it on Saturday mornings as a kid. Watching it now in the afternoon/night (when I assume the episodes will be aired) will be different, but not in a bad way. I'll just have to get used to it!

I still think Disney is planning on having some kind of marathon to officially kick off the series (like a whole week of new episodes or something like that) so I'm trying to be patient in waiting for any news. That kind of premiere, for me at least, would be well worth the wait.
I could see a week of new episodes happening before they go back to airing weekly on Saturday mornings. I believe if that does happen then the premiere date should be some time in April I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom