• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

NOOOO!!!

But! Litten just.... isn't fit for the role...

Maybe they could make a Litten-Popplio relationship in such a way...

Popplio likes to play pranks. Litten is a serious cat. And the victim of Popplio's pranks is... Litten, even after evolution. They could just make it a Gible-Piplup relationship.
I could also see a Litten-Meowth rivalry with Meowth acrually going out of its way to get ahead of it since they're both feline. Hell, I could even see a scenario where Jessie and James want to steal one but Meowth disagrees out of pure jealousy.

I could also see a Litten-Meowth rivalry with Meowth acrually going out of its way to get ahead of it since they're both feline. Hell, I could even see a scenario where Jessie and James want to steal one but Meowth disagrees out of pure jealousy.
They had a chance to do that with Skitty beforehand, why now?

Shadow Ball is likely the animators favorite move it seems... Showing off their dark sphere powers I suppose
An in-universe explanation would also be that Shadow Ball is faster to use. Moonblast has an obvious wind-up time similarly to the likes of Solar Beam in this canon. I'm of the opinion that Greninja wouldn't have lasted so long if they'd just used a Pixilate Hyper Voice, but that's just my two cents on the topic.
They had a chance to do that with Skitty beforehand, why now?
Agreed, it would just highlight that as a missed opportunity.

An in-universe explanation would also be that Shadow Ball is faster to use. Moonblast has an obvious wind-up time similarly to the likes of Solar Beam in this canon. I'm of the opinion that Greninja wouldn't have lasted so long if they'd just used a Pixilate Hyper Voice, but that's just my two cents on the topic.
Too bad the anime doesn't like to showcase unique abilities... at least not since the Diamond and Pearl era

It is obvious there is no new captures in Kalos but Sun and Moon would definitely have some. I am still sore about the future release of Greninja.

for all we know it might not be released and even if it was it couldn't protect kalos at least not alone
Yeah, there's still every possibility that Greninja would end up staying at Sycamore's lab. The only thing we know for sure is that it won't be going to Oak.

Yeah, there's still every possibility that Greninja would end up staying at Sycamore's lab. The only thing we know for sure is that it won't be going to Oak.
Well it still could go to oak's it's not like Professor Sycamore will appear in the episode and besides you are not a pyschic type pokemon that can see into the future

Well it still could go to oak's it's not like Professor Sycamore will appear in the episode and besides you are not a pyschic type pokemon that can see into the future
Going by what we know, it's pretty freaking obvious.

Going by what we know, it's pretty freaking obvious.
Not really. There's a video that seems like Ash could be saying goodbye to Greninja and it could be it saying goodbye at Oak's laboratory. Ash could go there by the end of XY139, or it might not be from XY139, since we don't know where the video is specifically from. And that's if this is a proper goodbye.

Not really. There's a video that seems like Ash could be saying goodbye to Greninja and it could be it saying goodbye at Oak's laboratory. Ash could go there by the end of XY139, or it might not be from XY139, since we don't know where the video is specifically from. And that's if this is a proper goodbye.
I can prove that it's not them saying goodbye at Oak's, Look at greninja, notice something? Still didn't see that? OK, I will tell you, he is in Ash-greninja forme, why would he change his forme if they are not battling? They aren't dumb to synch for just saying goodbye at Oak's.

I can prove that it's not them saying goodbye at Oak's, Look at greninja, notice something? Still didn't see that? OK, I will tell you, he is in Ash-greninja forme, why would he change his forme if they are not battling? They aren't dumb to synch for just saying goodbye at Oak's.
Maybe as someone suggested, it might now be permanently in this form, after it's encounter with Xerosic, or like with what happened the last time that Ash went to Oak's, Team Rocket attacks Ash and Greninja uses this form to defeat them. It's simple.

Desperation is not flattering.
True and neither is assuming things without all the facts, and also, no one's being desperate here.

Anyway, on-topic, some people are speculating that Braixen could evolve in XY138, I'm assuming because the episode where May's Combusken evolved is similar to this. Personally, I kind of don't think that Braixen needs to evolve or is going to evolve in that episode specifically,, because it's fine as it is, but I wouldn't be annoyed if it did.

Well it looks like no Rockruff for Ash, but I'm pretty pleased they aren't spoiling any Ash captures yet... that being said, the crowd that fears there won't be any captures has some ground to stand on for the time being

You never know, maybe he will get Rockruff or maybe even an unexpected Pokemon like Mudbray or Minior

I'll speak my mind here, I'm glad he doesn't seem to be getting Rockruff. I'd rather see something in that slot which hasn't already taken the limelight.

Back
Top Bottom