• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

In which form would you want to see Rockroff evolving? Despite I'm big Midday Form fan, I can see it not evolving at all to be honest. The same goes for Rowlet as well. We have a Unova-like series going on right now, centralized for children's attention, in comedish form this time, and fully evolved Rowlet or Rockruff do not fit that profile like at all.

Last edited:
In which form would you want to see Rockroff evolving? Despite I'm big Midday Form fan, I can see it not evolving at all to be honest. The same goes for Rowlet as well. We have a Unova-like series going on right now, centralized for children's attention, in comedish form this time, and fully evolved Rowlet or Rockruff do not fit that profil like at all.

I'm guessing Midday, and I guess Litten will evolve all the way to Incineroar for comedic relief/or Charizard chills arc 2.0. I think this'll be DP-like situation.

In which form would you want to see Rockroff evolving? Despite I'm big Midday Form fan, I can see it not evolving at all to be honest. The same goes for Rowlet as well. We have a Unova-like series going on right now, centralized for children's attention, in comedish form this time, and fully evolved Rowlet or Rockruff do not fit that profile like at all.

Decidueye could work as it has some traits that can easily be used for comedy such as it being easily flustered.

Lycanroc, just have it have some stereotypical doglike traits and you're good no matter the form.

I'm surprised that Bounsweet evolved so soon, wonder if Steenee will evolve into Tsareena sometime

Well, Bounsweet in it's first stage, doesn't seem very adapt for battling. I think the writers will now troll us and have Stenee stay in it's current form until closer to the end of the series where it will evolve into Tsareena.

I think that sometime during Sun and Moon, Popplio will evolve one or two times, but its fine the way it is since Popplio likes to be carried around by Lana. Litten evolving once, but the Incinaroar concept art from last year says they it might evolve twice.

I think that sometime during Sun and Moon, Popplio will evolve one or two times, but its fine the way it is since Popplio likes to be carried around by Lana. Litten evolving once, but the Incinaroar concept art from last year says they it might evolve twice.
Actually, that artwork was for the games, not the anime. So we don't know whether or not Litten will evolve.

It was never clarified. Also, in the concept art, Incineroar was attacking Pikachu. How is that relevant to the games?
It was. And Pikachu is avaliable in the games, like in every main game. They probably added Ash and Pikachu because they wanted to, but regardless, it's game concept art and I doubt they have anything planned for Litten's development that far into the future and the people who design the artwork . for the games aren't the same people who work on the show, so it isn't really any indication of how things will go.

Actually, that artwork was for the games, not the anime. So we don't know whether or not Litten will evolve.

It was never clarified. Also, in the concept art, Incineroar was attacking Pikachu. How is that relevant to the games?

It was. And Pikachu is avaliable in the games, like in every main game. They probably added Ash and Pikachu because they wanted to, but regardless, it's game concept art and I doubt they have anything planned for Litten's development that far into the future and the people who design the artwork . for the games aren't the same people who work on the show, so it isn't really any indication of how things will go.
Where I got the "Ash's Little might fully evolve" from is from this picture here.
Pokemon-final.jpg
Ash is leaning over Incinaroar while it's sleeping with Rowlet on top. Ash's Pikachu is on Ash's shoulder, Mallow is the girl sitting down talking as they watch a teapot heat something up while on Incinaroar's belt thing. Lastly, Lana's Popplio is watching all of this going on. I'm not saying that it will fully evolve since it's far too early to tell, so right now is speculation.

It was. And Pikachu is avaliable in the games, like in every main game. They probably added Ash and Pikachu because they wanted to, but regardless, it's game concept art and I doubt they have anything planned for Litten's development that far into the future and the people who design the artwork .

What strikes me is that, you're making claims without a source. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was never clarified anywhere at all. If I'm wrong, by all means point me to the right direction.

How did the "Game Concept Art" add the main anime characters? The max. Concept art for a game required would be the model poses, I guess. And this is much more than that. Anime requires many more poses, which this concept art offers.

What strikes me is that, you're making claims without a source. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was never clarified anywhere at all. If I'm wrong, by all means point me to the right direction.

How did the "Game Concept Art" add the main anime characters? The max. Concept art for a game required would be the model poses, I guess. And this is much more than that. Anime requires many more poses, which this concept art offers.
Because while I don't have a source, a mod over at Serebii Forums who knows a lot about the anime said this. And whilst I don't like this person, in any sense of the word, I know there is no reason to lie about something like this.

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special - Page 31

Ask him.

Concept art is exactly that.... concept art, whether it be for games or the anime. At one point, Latias/Latios looked more like Blaziken. Imagine the chaos that would consume the internet if that concept art had been leaked online during the run up to RSE.

If Ash were to catch an Alolan form Pokemon, I wouldn't know which one he would get. None of them seem like Pokemon he would capture.

Because while I don't have a source, a mod over at Serebii Forums who knows a lot about the anime said this. And whilst I don't like this person, in any sense of the word, I know there is no reason to lie about something like this.

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special - Page 31

Ask him.

So, you're basing your entire argument on someone who said less than 5 words without a source?
However much a person knows about the anime, anything they say is not set in stone without a sorce.

So, you're basing your entire argument on someone who said less than 5 words without a source?
However much a person knows about the anime, anything they say is not set in stone without a sorce.
There most likely is one, or it wouldn't have been said. Sometimes you don't need a physical source if a trustworthy person says so, but again, ask him or someone else on the forums. I don't go there too often, so I haven't see a lot of conversations, but regardless, it still seems like game concept art to me. Incineroar hasn't even appeared yet and concept art are very early ideas of a Pokemon will look like, which would mean it could have been drawn months and months before we first heard about Pokemon Sun and Moon, so if it's anime art, why sketch what it will look like for the anime, with it's only appearance so far in the future being in M20, which doesn't even feature a Popplio, Rowlet, or Mallow.

Back
Top Bottom