• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

with it's only appearance so far in the future being in M20, which doesn't even feature a Popplio, Rowlet, or Mallow.

What if: Incineroar is supposed to appear at both occasions, as the main Pokemon of a rival in M20(on seeing the trend of movie characters having fully evolved starters, we can safely assume Incineroar is Cross' main Pokemon) and as (supposedly) Ash's Pokemon in SM series.
The artist team is supposed to draw up a concept art. What will be more feasible? To draw Incineroar with a character who'll be movie-exclusive, or draw up an idea of how Incineroar will look for atleast 20+ episodes?

What if: Incineroar is supposed to appear at both occasions, as the main Pokemon of a rival in M20(on seeing the trend of movie characters having fully evolved starters, we can safely assume Incineroar is Cross' main Pokemon) and as (supposedly) Ash's Pokemon in SM series.
The artist team is supposed to draw up a concept art. What will be more feasible? To draw Incineroar with a character who'll be movie-exclusive, or draw up an idea of how Incineroar will look for atleast 20+ episodes?
Well, ideally, to me, it'd make more sense for it to be for the games, but if it's for the anime, then I'd say for the movie. Even if Litten does reach it's final evolution, it's not going to be anytime soon, unless it evolves as quickly as Ash's Caterpie, Charmander or Goomy, but if it evolves, I think it's evolutions will have long breaks in between, like every other one of Ash's starter Pokemon, except for Charmander.

I am not to thrilled about most of the designs of the Alola pokemon to be honest. To be, designs are a big part of a pokemons appeal.

Rockruff is adorable and i am glad Ash has him. Litten's final evolution, Incinearoar, is pretty cool too and its quite likely that Litten will evolve in my opinion. But other than those two, its hard to see other pokemon that are well designed.
I am not to keen on Ash getting a Dewpider. Ash works at his best with pokemon that are either extremely fast (Infernape, Sceptiple, Greninja, Pikachu etc) or at least moderately quick. There are exceptions to this. Snorlax comes to mind but then again Snorlax is an incredible powerhouse.

Dewpider is known to be slow so apart from me not liking its design, i don't think it would suit Ash's battling style very much.

Personally i am ok with Ash not getting a water type this generation period. I hope that when he does need a water type, he can simply bring back one of his older ones.

Well, I think it's pretty likely that Ash's Rockruff will eventually evolve, due to what the latest Pokemon Fan magazine said about it.

I found this video about a guy opening an TCG deck about the anime, I don't really know how do the TCG connects to the anime in terms of foreshadowing events, but I found it very interesting to see. Aside from their already captured Pokémon, in Ash's deck there is a Lycanroc midday form (which now is kind of a predictable Pokémon for Ash), and in TR's deck we have a Toxapex, a Bruxish and a Salandit! Again, I have absolutely no idea of how the TCG connects to the anime, but if we look at it the way we look at other merchandise maybe there are some hints here.

Also, we have some unseen footage there (as of now, at least), we haven't seen yet the footage at Wobbuffet's card and at 7:15, so yay.

Also, we have some unseen footage there (as of now, at least), we haven't seen yet the footage at Wobbuffet's card and at 7:15, so yay.
I think the animator people made the art specifically for those cards, so they're not actual screenshots of the series. I don't know much about the TCG, but Toxapex might be there just for the same reason as Stufful is; evolution purposes for the card game. It's a little interesting that Toxapex has an animator's art in its card, though...!

If Musashi or Kojiro are allowed to catch one more Pokemon I'd say that Yatomori would be a fitting Pokemon for them. If Plumeri debuts in an episode and she will show off her Enyuto then one of the Rocket-dan will figure out a way to evolve it but it's a male so they can't. I'd love that.

I like seeing Ash catch Pokemon that aren't of the kind he usually gets (fast, agile Pokemon). It makes his team feel more unique. Here's my current Ash team prediction:

Pikachu
Decidueye
Torracat
Lycanroc (MIdday)
Araquanid
Kommo-o

If Musashi or Kojiro are allowed to catch one more Pokemon I'd say that Yatomori would be a fitting Pokemon for them. If Plumeri debuts in an episode and she will show off her Enyuto then one of the Rocket-dan will figure out a way to evolve it but it's a male so they can't. I'd love that.

I like this idea, but also I'd be sad because Salazzle would fit Jessie so well.

Also, it's a bit late, but here's proof that the concept art of Litten's final evolution is from the games, because Lana's game concept art also shows Ash, despite the fact that Ash is not in the games (physically), so it's not so weird for him to be in other game concept art.

yxCo9lY.jpg

Also, it's a bit late, but here's proof that the concept art of Litten's final evolution is from the games, because Lana's game concept art also shows Ash, despite the fact that Ash is not in the games (physically), so it's not so weird for him to be in other game concept art.

yxCo9lY.jpg

I fail to see where is ash...? If you're talking about the person in pic 1, it just looks like the generic SM protagonist. The hairstyles of Ash and SM Protagonist don't match. But, they have the same clothes. But, in Incineroar's concept art, Ash is very clearly present.

I fail to see where is ash...? If you're talking about the person in pic 1, it just looks like the generic SM protagonist. The hairstyles of Ash and SM Protagonist don't match. But, they have the same clothes. But, in Incineroar's concept art, Ash is very clearly present.
The hair is definitely Ash's the SM male protagonist doesn't have hair spikes on either sides of his head. Plus why not show Lana in comparison to the female SM protagonist or someone else? It could be Ash, because Ash is the main character of the anime.

I guess it may be. I seem to think that half the spikes are missing, or too small. Maybe the size is doing it for me.
The spikes are usually more prominent than what is shown to us here.

Back
Top Bottom