• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

No they didn't I watch it
He comes out of the pokeball and evolves

For poliwhirl episode? Nope. Earlier in the episode, Poliwhirl takes the Kings Rock Ash won andis passed through a machine in the Pokemon center in its Pokeball. The next time it is called out of the Pokeball, it evolves.

From here: Misty's Politoed - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Misty took Poliwhirl to the local Pokémon Center to be healed, with Poliwhirl picking up the King's Rock that Ash had won in a tournament on the way. Misty did not notice this, and simply gave Poliwhirl to Nurse Joy for treatment. Shortly afterward, in a battle against Team Rocket, Misty recovered her Poliwhirl via transfer machine from another Pokémon Center and let it out. It was summoned wearing the King's Rock, surprising Misty when it evolved into Politoed before her eyes. Misty was thrilled with her newly-evolved Pokémon.

Since Poliwhirl went through a transfer machine, that counts as trading, I think.

What happened with Froakie is that after is evolved to Greninja we never saw Sanpie or his Greninja again.

I am pretty sure we saw Sanpei and his Greninja after Froakie reached the final evo of Greninja.

Edit: we did, Ash's Frogadier actually evolved in an episode in which Sanpei and his Greninja appeared.

And we saw Paula and his Torterra, after Ash's Turtwig had evolved into Torterra.

The reason that two Pokemon of the same evolution is not shown in the same place is probably because of something like it would be hard for the audience to see the difference so no it doesn't matter if two different Pokemon of the same evolution line is seen because they look different and so the audience would obviously be able to tell the difference, that or because they wouldn't be able to create different merchandise of them because they look the same so their merchandise wouldn't be different.

We are talking about how Ash can't get a Grubbin, which would obviously evolve into Vikavolt because its not that good in battle otherwise, because Sophocles would have one, which will probably evolve because either Sophocles gets another Pokemon which I doubt or he evolves his Charjabug, and thats a problem because both Ash and Sophocles are main characters who frequently appear so the audience probably won't be able to tell the difference between the two.

The reason that two Pokemon of the same evolution is not shown in the same place is probably because of something like it would be hard for the audience to see the difference so no it doesn't matter if two different Pokemon of the same evolution line is seen because they look different and so the audience would obviously be able to tell the difference, that or because they wouldn't be able to create different merchandise of them because they look the same so their merchandise wouldn't be different.

We are talking about how Ash can't get a Grubbin, which would obviously evolve into Vikavolt because its not that good in battle otherwise, because Sophocles would have one, which will probably evolve because either Sophocles gets another Pokemon which I doubt or he evolves his Charjabug, and thats a problem because both Ash and Sophocles are main characters who frequently appear so the audience probably won't be able to tell the difference between the two.

Or they give Ash a Shiny since he's a speci@l snowflake.

But I don't see Ash with a second Electric-type.

Sparky from OG, a recurring Pikachu was given different 'hairstyle' they could simply do that for Grubbin. Also, they could keep Grubbin unevolved till Sophocles leaves and then evolve it

I doubt that would work Grubbin doesn't have hair, also why do you think Sophocles would leave hes a main character?

I doubt that would work Grubbin doesn't have hair, also why do you think Sophocles would leave hes a main character?

My predictions are that he leaves after the electric trial. I admit that Ash has low probability of getting grubbin, but it dosen't hurt to fantasise about the main character having your most favourite Bug of all time.

Why would he leave because of the Electric Trial?

Since we know the trial captains aren't extinct (Olivia), I think the main cast sans Lillie will give exams.
If Ash gives the exams with the rest of the captains, then he'll fail and the rest of them will be promoted to trial captain status and Ash does the island challenge as usual.

From what I can tell we should be entering the first Trial soon, unless theirs a whole bunch of fillers before hand which I hope their isn't, so I doubt it will happen considering their isn't even a hint towards them leaving any time soon.

Honestly, I think Sophocles's Charjabug could easily evolve without having to go to Poni Island. Its evolution method doesn't state it needs to be leveled up on Poni Island, just a magnetic field. In the anime there could very well be a magnetic field on another island. I also wouldn't be surprised if they choose to ignore the evolution method. But I don't think they would since a Nosepass required the magnetic field of Mt. Coronet to evolve in DP.

I do hope it evolves, Vikavolt is an awesome Pokémon IMO. It could stay a batterybug to power Sophocles's inventions, but I think Vikavolt could fulfill that role as well.

I am convinced Rockruff will evolve into midday Lycanroc. I just can't see that not happening. As for Rowlet and Litten, only time will tell. I do hope they both evolve at least once. Litten could be this series' Snivy (a strong first stage Pokémon who doesn't need to evolve) but I'd rather see it evolve tbh.

My wish evolution (and Pokemon wishes) for Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu
Litten > Torracat > Incineroar
Rowlet > Dartrix > Decidueye
Rockruff > Midday Lycanroc OR any new Lycanroc form
Grubbin > Charjabug > Vikavolt LET SOPHOCLES DIE IN HELL
Dewpider > Araquanid

Sophocles has Charjabug and Dewpider seems more fit for Lana with the bubble goal she has, and its really the only Pokemon that suits her.
Pikachu
Rockruff > Midday Lycanroc
Rowlet > Dartrix > Decidueye
Litten > Torracat > Incineroar(?)
Jangmo-o > Hakamo-o > Kommo-o
Passimian

I think Passimian would be a good fit for Ash and it would fit in nicely in the tradition of Ash capturing simian Pokémon. I can see Ash with a Jangmo-o as well.

I don't think he will capture a new Pokémon for a while now however. Unless he catches more than 6 and starts rotating again. I could see Kukui's house becoming a hub for all of Ash's Alola Pokémon if that happens. But I hope he'll just stick to 6.

According to this sticker set Gladion has Type:Null in his team.
DB2nc2zVYAA30bc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom