• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I don't want Ash to use Charizard. There is no evidence of it coming back anyway. I rather Ash focus on Noibat and Frogadier at the moment. The XY&Z poster does not show Mega Charizard Y anyway.

I don't think anybody has really taken this into account, but the screenshots of Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile could very well be from the new opening.

Think about it;
  • Ash still has Frogadier in the first episode of XY&Z which we saw in the extended preview.
  • Shota (Sawyer for the dub fans) still has Grovyle when he meets up with Ash again.
That means that both of them still have to evolve first. Normally, a preview for upcoming episodes contains clips from 3-5 episodes at a time, so it's possible that if it's not from the opening, then the evolution for both Grovyle and frogadier could be happening very early on.

Another factor is that Ash and Shota are going to have another battle as there were panels being drawn which we saw from last weeks Oha Suta episode.

Just something to take into account.

I don't think anybody has really taken this into account, but the screenshots of Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile could very well be from the new opening.

Think about it;
  • Ash still has Frogadier in the first episode of XY&Z which we saw in the extended preview.
  • Shota (Sawyer for the dub fans) still has Grovyle when he meets up with Ash again.
That means that both of them still have to evolve first. Normally, a preview for upcoming episodes contains clips from 3-5 episodes at a time, so it's possible that if it's not from the opening, then the evolution for both Grovyle and frogadier could be happening very early on.

Another factor is that Ash and Shota are going to have another battle as there were panels being drawn which we saw from last weeks Oha Suta episode.

Just something to take into account.

We already have scenes of Ash Greninja, if Grovyle evolves around that time, then of course it might happen.

I'm not sure if this image is official, but I'll post it here anyway:
G1n0qjj.jpg

Perhaps eevee opens it's self up so much that it becomes really good friends with eevee, allowing it to evolve thanks to serena's excellent care an excessive pokepuff making

Think Alain might give ash his mega stone and keystone, I mean there has to be a reason as for why we learned that keystones can be lent.
Actually he has a keystone that he got raw which he got after fighting Mega Garchomp in ME Act I if i am not wrong.........that maybe Charizardite Y.....idk......but if it is Charizardite Y then it is a strong reason for it to be given to Ash.....

It was a Mega Stone, not a keystone.

Also, it was a Gyradosite, which was inevitably handed over to Lysandre.

I have one question, is Ash's Greninja supposed to have the power to change into the "Ash Greninja" or will it stay in that appearance forever?

Im kinda confused about it and getting different hints from all over so just seeing what everyone else thinks

I have one question, is Ash's Greninja supposed to have the power to change into the "Ash Greninja" or will it stay in that appearance forever?

Im kinda confused about it and getting different hints from all over so just seeing what everyone else thinks

OK. I was thinking the same thing until the opening. The opening makes it look like a temporary appearance, as well as the trailer. I'm 98% sure that it's a temporary appearance. It's like mega-evolution in that fact. :)

Mmm.. Actually I don't get the hype for Mega Sceptile for Ash.

To think about it, if producers wanted to give Mega Sceptile for Ash, wouldn't it make sense only if Sawyer got a Mudkip; since both Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken would be introduced?

This is beyond unnecessary and senseless to promote one Mega Evolution for two trainers. Since Ash still has one empty slot on his team, I strongly believe he will get Mega Charizard. Allain should get Mega Charizard X and Ash should definitely have Mega Charizard Y.

Then the chain is solved; lots of Mega evolutions to be introduced!

Sadly, it won't be Charizard. I agree when you say that Ash won't bring Sceptile back (after all the confirmation that it was Sawyer's), but Ash won't have two fire/flying types in his team. I know that this may sound stupid to some, back I think Goodra will return. For Ash to not have completed his team before the last gym is ridiculous. There are no spoilers for another Pokémon capture soon, so I think that Goodra will make a heroic comeback. Imagine if Ash is getting beaten in a big Team Flare battle (maybe TF are battling with Zygarde), Goodra just comes in and returns.

To think about it, if producers wanted to give Mega Sceptile for Ash, wouldn't it make sense only if Sawyer got a Mudkip; since both Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken would be introduced?

This is beyond unnecessary and senseless to promote one Mega Evolution for two trainers. Since Ash still has one empty slot on his team, I strongly believe he will get Mega Charizard. Allain should get Mega Charizard X and Ash should definitely have Mega Charizard Y.

Sadly, it won't be Charizard. I agree when you say that Ash won't bring Sceptile back (after all the confirmation that it was Sawyer's), but Ash won't have two fire/flying types in his team. I know that this may sound stupid to some, back I think Goodra will return. For Ash to not have completed his team before the last gym is ridiculous. There are no spoilers for another Pokémon capture soon, so I think that Goodra will make a heroic comeback. Imagine if Ash is getting beaten in a big Team Flare battle (maybe TF are battling with Zygarde), Goodra just comes in and returns.

You are right I missed the point Ash already has a fire/flying type Pokémon. But I can not see Goodra coming back honestly. Neither of Ash's Pokémon that Ash released has returned so far. They didn't even reappear. That may seem likely to return for Goodra since he is the first Pokémon Ash has released since years but still Goodra's story was way too rushed if you remember. He was a coward Pokémon which had no confidence in himself at all just like Serena's Eevee and he reached his final form of evolution in 10 episodes. Goodra was obvious from the beginning that he was just a temporary Pokémon.

In the other hand, I can't see any other Pokémon to full Ash's team to six. I doubt if he catches a Pokémon. Maybe we meet a "Gible-of-Kalos" for Ash just before the league begins but still, it makes much, much more sense if Ash just calls his Charizard back.

I haven't watched Hoenn and Sinnoh sagas. So I have a question. Has Ash ever had more than one same type Pokémon without having all Grass/Fire/Water types during leagues? If yes, that seems still promising theory for Charizard to return imo.

I don't ever recall ash having more of the one type. Even in Unova, where he had something like nine pokemon + Charizard (which took over Unfezant's spot). Even though Charizard returned in Unova, he swapped with someone. There is no one to swap with in Kalos since there would be no point. Maybe we see another pokemon returning, but I presume that it would have to be a grass type. Bulbasaur may come back? Kanto starters are in XY (although they are already represented with Tierno, Shauna and Trevor.) It's now just a question of Ash's last spot.

I don't ever recall ash having more of the one type. Even in Unova, where he had something like nine pokemon + Charizard (which took over Unfezant's spot). Even though Charizard returned in Unova, he swapped with someone. There is no one to swap with in Kalos since there would be no point. Maybe we see another pokemon returning, but I presume that it would have to be a grass type. Bulbasaur may come back? Kanto starters are in XY (although they are already represented with Tierno, Shauna and Trevor.) It's now just a question of Ash's last spot.

IIRC, Ash used to have both Charizard and Pidgeot in his party in the original series until he released Pidgeot. He also had both Staraptor and Gliscor in his party at certain points in the Sinnoh saga (such as during his last few battles with Paul). Besides Flying types, though, I can't recall Ash ever having multiple other Pokemon of the same type in his party.

EDIT: Just remembered that Pignite and Charizard were together with Ash in the Unova region when he brought Charizard over.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Ash's Sceptile will get a Mega, since Sawyer already has dibs on that, though I can see Ash bringing Sceptile back to help train Sawyer's Grovyle/Sceptile. Ash's Charizard seems the most likely at this point, since he would most likely act as a counterpart or rival of sorts to Alain's Charizard. As for conflicting types, Ash could simply swap Talonflame with Charizard and send him to Oak's lab, like what he did back in the Unova region.

By the way, if this hasn't been brought up yet, Ash also has a few other Pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution, namely Heracross and Glalie. Who knows, the writers might decide to bring them back. They might even decide to bring Pidgeot back and give him a Mega, if we're lucky enough.

Honestly, I don't believe that Sawyer being confirmed to have a Mega Sceptile means that Ash having his own is out of the question, this is for a few reasons. First, there's the big elephant in the room: If Sawyer was the only major character getting one, then why is it among Ash, Serena, and Clemont's Pokemon on the XYZ poster with no sign of its trainer? And for the record, I don't buy the whole "missing twig" argument because we've seen that when a Pokemon Mega-Evolves, whatever they're carrying, the primary case being their Mega Stone accessories, completely vanishes. I know this may be petty reasoning at this point, but I still think it's worth addressing.

On to my next point: We've already seen cases where the same Mega Evolution has appeared under different ownerships, namely Korrina and Gurkinn with Mega Lucario and Sycamore and Remo with Mega Garchomp. It could happen again with Ash and Sawyer both having Mega Sceptile.

Lastly, has anyone noticed that we've seen nothing concerning Noibat's evolution. Well, the same can be said for the fact we haven't seen Ash with Mega Sceptile. The only thing that's been confirmed to happen almost right off the bat is Frogadier's evolution, hence why it takes precedence over Mega Sceptile and Noivern in the poster and why it's the only changed Pokemon in the intro. The return of Sceptile could very well happen later down the road alongside Noivern, therefore we haven't seen any hints of either outside the poster.

Now, to give you all the benefit of the doubt, this could all be wrong and Mega Sceptile may indeed only go to Sawyer. But the reason I'm making this argument is because I don't think we should jump to that conclusion with so little supporting evidence.

This is beyond unnecessary and senseless to promote one Mega Evolution for two trainers. Since Ash still has one empty slot on his team, I strongly believe he will get Mega Charizard. Alain should get Mega Charizard X and Ash should definitely have Mega Charizard Y.

And plus for Serena's Eevee; I take for granted Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

Ash isn't using Mega Charizard, he is using Greninja and the XY&Z poster proves that Ash isn't using Charizard or a mega evolution pokemon. I am honestly sick of his Charizard showing and stealing the spotlight from his other team members aka Unova. I think Ash is going to catch one more gen 6 pokemon to fill his last spot. That is more possible and likely than Charizard.

IIRC, Ash used to have both Charizard and Pidgeot in his party in the original series until he released Pidgeot. He also had both Staraptor and Gliscor in his party at certain points in the Sinnoh saga (such as during his last few battles with Paul). Besides Flying types, though, I can't recall Ash ever having multiple other Pokemon of the same type in his party.

EDIT: Just remembered that Pignite and Charizard were together with Ash in the Unova region when he brought Charizard over.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Ash's Sceptile will get a Mega, since Sawyer already has dibs on that, though I can see Ash bringing Sceptile back to help train Sawyer's Grovyle/Sceptile. Ash's Charizard seems the most likely at this point, since he would most likely act as a counterpart or rival of sorts to Alain's Charizard. As for conflicting types, Ash could simply swap Talonflame with Charizard and send him to Oak's lab, like what he did back in the Unova region.

By the way, if this hasn't been brought up yet, Ash also has a few other Pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution, namely Heracross and Glalie. Who knows, the writers might decide to bring them back. They might even decide to bring Pidgeot back and give him a Mega, if we're lucky enough.

But the pokemon you have mentioned also have another type. Pidgeot had normal, Charizard was used for fire, and I don't think he knew a flying type move (not including fly, which he didn't complete) until Unova (wing attack). Gliscor was part ground type, and Staraptor was part normal. Then we have Kalos. Noibat, Talonflame and Hawlucha; all flying types. Noibat has part dragon, talonflame fire and Hawlucha fighting. When you said Ash could easily swap out Talonflame for Charizard, there would be no point, because there is room in the party for Charizard. Although, I do believe that it isn't too late for Ash's sceptile to return and for him to bring back another pokemon capable of mega-evolution.

Also, Serena needs to hurry up with her captures. May and Dawn had six pokemon by the end of their stays, and I can't see Serena catching three pokemon by the end of hers. There isn't any evidence of a capture soon. How many will she end up with and who will they be? Meowstic, absol?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom