• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I can still finish getting enuf candy for a Muk but with Gen 2 hitting later this week I can kiss ever seeing a Lapras goodbye.

I've already caught four new Pokemon with Snubbull, Spiniarak, Sentret and Murkrow. That's honestly a lot more than I would have expected for the first day, but they are thrown in with the older Pokemon pretty nicely to give some variety, which is nice. It's just nice to see some new Pokemon around.

I've also discovered that I do have enough candy for most of the Johto evolutions. I'll still need the the new items, but the only ones where I'd need to work on getting more candy would be Oddish, Poliwag, Seedra, Porygon and Chansey. It won't be too bad to get the candies for Poliwag and maybe Oddish, but getting enough candy for Porygon and Chansey could be pretty difficult, especially if Chansey is still a ten kilometer egg Pokemon since that would make it harder to get candy from it as a Buddy Pokemon. It took me awhile just to get enough candy to evolve a Horsea into a Seedra, so getting one hundred Horsea candy is pretty tough and overwhelming. Hopefully, the next update will include breeding to further help with collecting candies. I imagine that they are building up to that. Otherwise, what would be the point of including Pokemon genders in the update?

I'm still going to stick with Charmander as my Buddy Pokemon. I'm still so close to a Charizard thanks to the recent event. I got up to one hundred and fifteen pieces of candy during the event, so getting ten more should probably be done within a week or so, depending on how much walking I'll do, but I'll have to see what I'll use afterwards. At least this recent update gives more options for that feature, so that's nice.

Between the 7 babies i got during the New Years event, catching, and evolving I am up to 32 Johto Pokemon including 1 each of the starters, Teddiursa, Houndour, Yanma, Dunsparce, Misdreavus, Umbreon, Espeon, Ledian, Ariados, Noctowl, Xatu, Skiploom, and obviously more.

Also, never found a Chansey during the Valentines event but hatched 2 previously so I only need 1 candy for Blissey.

Gen 2 is hereee! So far I've caught Spinarak, Ledyba/Ledian, Wooper/Quagsire, Murkow, Swinub, Espeon, Umbreon, Crobat, Hopip and Sentret! Loving it so far, I really like how common Murkrow is; it makes sense IRL since crows are everywhere haha. I'm worried though, I feel like it will take forever to get the last Gen 1 Pokemon that I need :( So I still have Grimer as my buddy atm.

Caught Spinarak, the raccoon thing whose name I can never remember, a few Murkrow, a Sunkern, an 1100+ Sudowoodoo randomly, and a 440-something Totodile out of nowhere~~

Also had the evolved version of the raccoon-thing flee from me (I can never remember which is Sentret and which is Furret). Hoothoot also ran from me

Saw Ledyba on the nearby thing, but I have too many things to do today to actually chase anything down

Level: 25
Pokedex: 139/152
Best: Vaporeon 2232
Caught: 2228
Stops: 1728
Eggs hatched: 76
Distance: 239.4
Gym battles: 169
Money spent: $0

caught 15 Gen 2 today.

It took me a while to get new species and I still wouldn't have done so without Gen II. Thanks, Gen II :)

Level: 24
Caught: 114 -> 116
New species: Snubbull, Crobat

The first and so far only Gen II Pokemon I've encountered is Snubbull, right inside my house. I also evolved good ol' Golbat into Crobat; a bit dissapointed its CP increase wasn't that remarkable.

I'm planning to get a better session in soon, should get lots of new species there.

Although before this happened I managed to get some major changes in the Top 6. 80% Rhydon was powered up a lot and 93% Growlithe was evolved and powered up. Arcanine 44 is my first Arcanine to ever fall off the Top 6 and I doubt I'll be powering it up ever again. Kingler also fell but is still quite useful for Gyms. Rhydon-80 and Arcanine-93 still have power-ups to go, that's where I'll be focusing.

New Top 6:
Rhydon 64, 2164
Rhydon 80, 2032
Arcanine 87, 1953
Arcanine 78, 1931
Arcanine 93, 1891
Arcanine 56, 1883

OK, this time I'm posting about an actual session, not just restarting the game and playing for a few minutes at home :)

Pokedex: 116 -> 126
New species: Natu, Furret, Chinchou, Hoothoot, Sentret, Houndour, Sunkern, Aipom, Murkrow, Spinarak

I actually caught a Furret before even encountering a Sentret. I noticed Chinchou would move around, I don't like how they put that mechanic in seemingly just to explain the existence of Nanab Berries. Snubbull/Natu are common enough here. I'm glad I got Aipom since it seems like it is a bit rare. Not so glad I should still be catching any Aipom/Murkrow I see until I hit 50 Candies because they will eventually get evolutions when Gen 4 gets in. Also, as I was afraid, Sunkern needs the Sun Stone too on top of the 50 Candy (although I'll probably be getting Sunflora before Bellossom with all the trouble I have getting Oddish Candy and still not having Vileplume). Sentret is already "on farm" for Lucky Egg evolution parties. I'm back to blacklisting some Gen I Pokemon that need 50 Candy to evolve to preserve Pokeballs (since the best spots for catching Pokemon aren't that close to Pokestops unless Lures are used). I also encountered a Slugma that fled, Magcargo's going to be hard to get. Finally, PINAP BERRIES ARE SO COOL! I feel like I never have enough though, I should go on a Pokestop farming session soon to fix that (I've made a good stock of Razz that way, should do the same for Pinap too).

As for the Top 6, thanks to all the Growlithe that still are around, I powered up Arcanine-93 to 2052 CP and Arcanine-87 to 2033 CP (max for their level) so they went past Rhydon-80 (until I get to max it too that is).

In terms of new Pokemon, I got a Sunkurn and a Pichu. I've also caught quite a few Sentret, Spinarak, Hoothoot, Murkrow and Snubbull this afternoon. I already pretty much have enough candies to evolve a Sentret, but I'll save that for another evolution spree and when I find a really strong Sentret to evolve. I don't mind running into Snubbull and Murkrow so much. It is still something different and it will make getting the Fairy and Dark type medals much easier to get. I've already caught seven or eight Dark type Pokemon due to finding Murkrow so often, along with a couple of Houndour. I still haven't come across any of the evolution items at the PokeStops though,

So somewhere along the way I ended up with EIGHTY-FIVE INCENSES what the cheesecakes. So I popped a few tonight cause why the hell not. New species: Hoothoot, Furret (evolved it), Ledyba, Natu, Hoppip, and Umbreon (evolved). There's currently a Marill and a Heracross mocking me on the sightings.

-Up to 45 Gen 2 Pokemon.
-Caught Pineco, Phanphy, Snubbull, and Aipom on the way home.
-Saw a Larvitar on the nearby screen for about a second. Couldn't find it.
-Got an Up-Grade from my 7th day Pokestop but I caught my only Porygon last week so need 44 candy to evolve him.
-Only need 5 more candy to evolve my Grimer buddy, then will switch to Chansey for 1 candy to get Blissey, and then will switch to Porygon and that will probably take til Gen 3 is out.

I've done so much walking these past couple days, it's like it was when the game came out. Got most of the normal stuff, though Wooper still seems to have evaded me. I evolved my Blissey yesterday and 5 minutes later while walking one of my 10k eggs hatched into a Chansey. Got a few Slugma earlier, two caught one hatched.
I've also seen random evolved starters. I haven't gotten anything from the Totodile family yet, but the other night a random wild Meganium just popped out when I opened up the app just in my room. I haven't even got the fully evolved Kanto starters yet so this surprised me. I got my Chikorita the next day. Then today I was just walking some eggs looking for new stuff a Quilava pops out. It used 10 of my ultra balls to catch it, and for some reason, the game rarely gives me ultra balls. I finally caught it and just 10 minutes ago when I opened the app a Cyndaquil popped out.
I had a funny moment today while hunting. I went down to the creek near downtown, and took a picture of the water and sent it to my friends saying "Cmon game there's a bunch of water here where's my dang water Pokemon" I get out of the creek area to head back to the house and a marill pops up. I texted them saying "Ask and you shall receive" with the screenshot of the Marill.
Also today a random Snorlax popped out, waisted the rest of my ultra balls, shook on one great ball, and ran away. I was pissed.

Pokedex: 126 -> 128
New species: Magmar, Slugma

Tracked a Magmar to a nearby Pokestop and got that out of the way finally, I've tried twice before but failed. Although I'll still need 50 Candy (most likely) for it by Gen 4 yet that will take a while. Also managed to catch the Slugma that appeared this time. It was the Fire-type day, fitting for a Sun-day :)

Also powered-up an Arcanine and a Rhydon a bit.

-Caught a female Wobuffett.
-Saw an Ursaring on the nearby list but could not find the darn thing.
-Hatched a Larvitar and my 2nd Elekid.
-Despite not being near water, the Pokestop down the street from my work usually has 1 or 2 Totodiles.
-Saw my 2nd Bayleaf but after a Razz Berry and Ultra Ball it ran.

Back
Top Bottom