• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

No Aerodactyl or Larvitar so far but I caught another Snorlax. Also a bunch of Geodude, Slugma, and Omanyte. Saw a bunch of Kabuto and Ryhorn but got bored with catching those. Seen a couple Onix as well.

Level: 25
Pokedex: 173 -> 177
New species: Sudowoodo, Kingdra, Vileplume, Politoed

Started off my session with a quick Sudowoodo catch thanks to the event :) Got my 7-day-streak evolutionary item which was King's Rock :D Very nice as I was doing good progress with both Politoed and Slowking on top of being done with their branch evolutions. Managed to get enough Horsea Candy for Kingdra, then enough Oddish Candy for Vileplume (first Sun Stone is reserved for Sunflora that should be coming soon, hopefully I'll have another one by the time I get enough Candy for Bellosom). Finally got enough Poliwag Candy for Politoed, before I could get enough for Slowking wow. LOTS of Poliwag out there, to think I got 200 Candies this quickly.

As for the Rock event, other than Sudowoodo I caught several Geodude/Rhyhorn (which I like for Golem/Rhydon powerups) and only one Onix, so Steelix will have to wait for a while... irony is, I also found a Scyther nest today and got 50 Candy there so whenever I get the first Metal Coat, Scizor gets priority anyway. Also saw some Omanyte/Kabuto but didn't catch them (on second thoughts I probably should, forgot they were Rock-types that count for the medal). There are more Slugma/Magcargo than usual, caught some.

Got some good progress with Sunkern and Totodile, didn't see many Magikarp today though :( No Squirtle either. Also got Dratini as a Buddy so I can get some Candies at 1/4 the normal distance now that I can. Found a lucky Up-Grade too, although getting enough Porygon Candy will take forever.

I'm close to getting Fire and Rock golden medals (less than 10/200 each).

Lv 23
New Catches: Shuckle, Omanyte

The new event is pretty good so far and this is how I'll end up finally getting Blastoise which Ive been waiting for. Then I'll probably make a different Pokemon my buddy such as Larvitar or Dragonair. I really hope to get Magcargo, Steelix, Graveler(I sadly dont think I'll get Golem though, Kabuto and maybe evolve Omanyte or Kabuto and get Rhydom) I will probably buy some item space since the Pokestops give more items and probably a few extra incubators.

Can't play much this weekend, only managed to get my gold medal for Rock-types and get the daily bonuses. Should get more time to play again from Monday till event's end.

Saw and caught 1st wild Larvitar. And got my 4th Metal Coat from 7th day spin. Hoping to do enuf walking to get Ampharous tomorrow but need like 15k.

New Species Caught: Rhydon, Machoke.

I found a Machop at work today which I dont see many of and I got enough candy to evolve one. I also caught enough Rhyhorn to finally evolve one. I found another Onix too so Im fairly close to getting Steelix, hopefully I find some more of those. I need Steelix, Golem, Kabutops and Omastar. I also just transfered a ton of duplicate Pokemon for candies. Im working on hatching a few eggs also and Ive almost used up my extra incubators so I will have to buy some more when they run out.

New Species: Quilava, Ampharos. Pokedex now at 228 caught/230 seen.

Found and caught the Quilava. Have enuf candy to evolve a Cynadquil to Typhlosion but still holding out for a better Cyndaquil. Hatched a Mareep which combined with walking gave me enuf candy to evolve Flaafy to Ampharous. Also hit 2 million stardust.

No new species but I managed to get the gold medal for Fire too and keep farming Geodude/Rhyhorn Candies.

New Species: Omastar.

I managed to get Omastar yesterday. Im still farming Kabuto, Onix and Geodude candies though I fear I wont manage to get them all before the event is over or have enough Squirtle candy for Blastoise. I was really hoping Id be able to switch my buddy Pokemon before the event ended but its still taking too long to get the candies. I only have 94. I just havent had the time to walk and play. I really wanted to farm Larvitar or Dratini candy. I hope I can still do that. I just can never take advantage of these events.

Pokedex: 177 -> 184
New species: Sneasel, Magby, Typhlosion, Quilava, Skiploom, Feraligatr, Ursaring

I don't know how to thank my RNG today, just wow at what happened!
First off a random Sneasel, nice catch got that done with it. Then a 5km Egg hatched into Magby which I liked but I had no clue what would come next... wild Typhlosion in the tracker. Got to it, had to spend around 10 Ultra Balls, 10 Great Balls and 20 Razz Berries but I GOT IT :D Then I managed to find just one Cyndaquil which was still needed for an evolution to Quilava. And with that, thanks to extreme luck in at least three cases (the old Charizard encounter that saved me from the 100 Candy grind back then, the Magby hatch and the Typhlosion encounter saving me the other 100 Candy grind for a Fire-type starter)... I have completed a full type in the Dex. I've got all Fire-types currently available in the game!

Managed to get enough Candy for Skiploom, then for Totodile (it had to happen at some point, I was farming them a lot), so there's my third fully-evolved starter. And to finish the day off, lucky Ursaring encounter to save me from having to search around for 50 Candies worth of Teddiursa :D

THANKS SO MUCH FAIAH-RNG! :D

As for the Rock event, still no sight of Aerodactyl or Larvitar anywhere, still slow progress on Onix. At least Dratini's farming the Buddy Candies hard, I'm at 50/125 now.

New Species: Kabutops, Golem, Steelix
Eggs hatched: Dratini,Machop
I got all the evos I wanted I cant believe it. I still need 4 Squirtle candy and I hope I can get them before the event ends. I found 2 Larvitar and I hope for maybe a couple more to farm candy. This event has been great overall.

Pokedex: 184 -> 188
New species: Electabuzz, Larvitar, Aerodactyl, Chikorita

Found an Electabuzz nest somewhere so I went and caught just one to get it off the way. Don't feel like farming 100 for the eventual Electivire yet, it will probably need an Electrizer to evolve too.

Then I found a nice spot that had a few Eevee (so I'm getting close to Espeon, 4th of the Eevelutions) then a Larvitar showed up in the tracker :D So I finally got one during the event too. Then Aerodactyl showed up too, so that's also off the way. Made some progress on Onix and got a single Chikorita (which make me more annoyed about missing that Meganium, I'd be done with all Johto starters now).

Still happy because I managed to get at least one of everything I wanted in this event :)
I have completed a full type in the Dex. I've got all Fire-types currently available in the game!
Also, just to be exact, I have done that too in Gen 1 for Fairy, Steel (and technically Dark) types. But those are all special cases for Gen 1 as they were added in later. Fire is still my first in Gen 2.

Last edited:
Decided to power up some Pokemon. Definitely going with my 100% Espeon with C/FS but got multiples of others, including Dragonite and Gyrados, over 90%. So hard to decide.

Level: 25 -> 26
Pokedex: 188 -> 194
New species: Victreebel, Gyarados, Espeon, Sunflora, Pineco, Blissey

2 full sessions since my last post, and that was all for Adventure Week.

Session 1 I caught just enough Bellsprout for Victreebel, finally enough Magikarp for Gyarados (but I only went for the evolution later at home after comparing the 4 Wonder Magikarp I've got), just 1 Candy short of Sunflora, hit level 26. Session 2 I got one more Eevee I needed for Espeon, the remaining Sunkern, a single lucky Pineco (and a Mareep) but the best one was in the end; wild encounter Blissey!!! Still don't have Chansey; however my RNG, as good as it may be, isn't letting me have everything, so it's low CP and bad IVs.

Also hatched a Bulbasaur so I'm close to Ivysaur now. I've got about 50 evolutions for the next Lucky Egg binge too.

And with this, the Adventure Week sessions are over for me. More on my final thoughts on the event in the Adventure Week thread.

High CPs, Top 6, other powerup candidates etc.
After the level-up I could power-up Rhydon a bit more so it's now @2541 CP, my highest and breaking the 2500 milestone.
#2 is still Rhydon @2252 CP, leaving this behind as I've got better things to power up and its IVs/moveset aren't too good.
The Pinsir I've been powering up is @2144 CP, taking a spot in the Top 6 and filling all of the Top 6 with 2000+ CP Pokemon.
To finish off the Top 6, 3 Arcanine @2132, 2033, 2010 CP. I may consider keeping powering up the best one, leaving the others behind.
Special mention, not yet 2000+/Top 6 material but it should become as soon as I get enough Stardust, probably next session: our new member, Gyarados @1926 CP. Already managed to get enough Magikarp after its evolution to be ready for power-ups, only need more Stardust now (as I've focused on Rhydon/Pinsir straight after hitting 26).

Other Pokemon I may wanna power up; Cloyster @1846 (my best chance at an Ice-type as Lapras just won't ever come and be good), Golem @1628 thanks to the Rock event and low low down are Exeggutor @820 and Houndoom @446, idk if/when I'll ever have enough Stardust to go for them again and if it really is worth it; Exeggutor seems to not be as good as before and while Houndoom is one of the best Fire-types... I just have so many Arcanine I can use if I really need some help there.

Nostalgia: Checking which are my oldest Pokemon
So I had an idea of checking how much I've progressed through the game by looking at my recent Pokemon, see which are still left, which are transferred; out of 296 Pokemon I currently have, only the first 9 (which are fully-evolved with the exception of Porygon) are before the Hypno from the Halloween event; that's 3 months of play, about 1/3 of the time I've been playing, that only has about 9/300 representation now, wow.

After Hypno most Pokemon are still fully evolved but there are a few rare exceptions such as Vulpix/Doduo (I remember the day I got their evos, same day) which I probably won't be ever catching again.

Santa Hat Raichu is quite further up which means I have kept much more from the time between Halloween and winter holiday events. Next stop is Ditto, don't remember exactly when they were made available but again there's a decent bunch between holidays and it.

The first Gen II catch I still keep is the Sunflora I evolved today, from that first Sunkern, nice. Next stop is Feraligatr which apparently comes from a Totodile from the Water event. Next, Ledian, which is only from like two weeks ago when I started playing the game seriously once more. From there it starts showing we're getting into recent as all the one-offs (ex. Qwilfish, Dunsparce etc.) are still around. The Typhlosion is already 90 slots down out of 296. Sudowoodo is at 117, so apparently that's the amount of Pokemon I caught in this event (in one week) that I still keep. So yeah 117/296 that's a lot.

Last edited:
I've had like 111 Onix candy for a long time now, but finally got a metal coat yesterday so I have a Steelix now~ Wasted all my stardust powering it up. Also hatched an Igglybuff so hurray for two new thingies~

Dex: 183 caught; 190 seen
Level: 28
Highest CP: 2719 Kraitos (Gyarados), 2607 Tidal Wave (Vaporeon), 2475 MindWrack (Espeon), 2372 Palmer (Exeggutor), 2339 Flare Tornado (Flareon), [2299 Gyarados, 2237 and 2236 Vaporeons], 2227 Kumada (Snorlax)

Probably should've held off on that stardust and used it on my 2150 Rhyhorn Rocksteady instead :\

Sad that the rock event is over now :( Added Kabutops and Shuckle to the Pokedex. I caught a ton of Onix, Rhyhorn and Geodude, enough to get two decent Golems and Rhydons, though they didn't get the moves that I wanted though. Got the gold rock medal, and halfway to the fire medal. I only found two larvitar, but I now have enough candy for a Pupitar. My Pokedex is now 208 caught and 220 seen :)

New Species: Blastoise
I FINALLY GOT MY BLASTOISE.

after all this time, I finally had 100 Squirtle candy so could evolve Wartortle. I cannot believe I accomplished getting so many Pokemon during this event. Just.. wow. This was more than I hoped to get. I do enjoy these events a lot.

Back
Top Bottom