• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Finally got a Dragon Scale so I added Kingdra to the Dex. Now at 229 caught and 231 seen. Still need 1 Sun Stone tho.

Also after finally powering up some Pokemon, my highest CP is now a 2922 Gyrados. Think my Dragonite will be higher but ran out of candy before it hit lvl 31.

I didn't find too many Larvitar during the Rock event. I only found one, so that was a bit of a disappointment. I did catch a lot of Kabuto and Omyante just so I could evolve one or two of them in my next evolution spree. I also caught some Shuckle. I had already hatched one, but I figured that I'd catch a couple more. They would have been really helpful if I didn't hatch a Shuckle during the Easter Egg event. I caught a couple of Onix and an Aerodactyle too.

While I would have liked to find at least a couple more Larvitar during the event, I was generally happy with how things turned out. If nothing else, the event saved me a ton of walk for both Porygon and Chikorita, so that was neat. I hope that they'll reduce the walking requirements for Buddy Pokemon more often in these kind of events in the future.

I've been finding more Jynx lately in my local park, so that's been pretty neat. I think I came across a Teddiusra nest in another park since I was able to catch three of them yesterday. After transferring a couple of them, I'll have enough to evolve one of them.

Caught 3 Larvitar and 4 Aerodactyl during the event. Was at work but heard Larvitar were really plentiful during the first 2 hours of the event til they fixed it.

Finally caught a top tier appraisal Cynadaquil so I evolved it to Typhlosion. Sad part is that it was only CP 11 and ended up learning Ember/Solar Beam. Dex now at 230 caught/231 seen.

Level: 26
Pokedex: 194 -> 195
New species: Wobbuffet

Haven't been playing too much, as in going out of my way for it. Only checking while moving around, collecting bonuses etc. but I found a lucky Wobbuffet on the tracker and went to catch it.

Nothing too noteworthy lately beyond some surprising egg turnouts. I did capture a couple of Totodile though. That was pretty neat. I'll still need to capture a lot more Cyndaquil and Totodile before I can evolve them, but it's progress. I hope that I can find a Cyndaquil and Totodile with some good stats to evolve too.

7 day streak provided the last evo item I needed. Not including regionals, only Unknown left.

I had a great couple of days!

I was walking home from work last week and I see it. In a huge cemetery with a ton of Pokestops was a Dragonite. I ran in the cemetary and found the Dragonite towards the back. I tossed one Razz berry and Ultra Ball and bam! Caught it first try :) I was so happy, now I have all of that line finished off.

I got enough candy to get a Porygon2, and also hatched a Tyrogue out of my egg, which I didn't have. I immediately evolved it and got Hitmonchan, which was awesome! Now I only need Hitmontop. My Pokedex is 212 now, and the only Kanto Pokemon that I need beside the regional ones are Chansey and Dodrio. So close!

Level: 26
Pokedex: 195 -> 196
New species: Ivysaur

Two full sessions. Only one new species thanks to Bulbasaur as my Buddy, but I made a lot of progress on Blastoise, Vaporeon, Jumpluff and Dragonair/Dragonite. Also ready for Slowking whenever the second King's Rock comes, stacking lots of evolutions for the next Lucky Egg binge that should be soon so I can transfer to make storage space. Also managed to power-up Gyarados to 2477 CP, making it the #2 between the two Rhydon, with Pinsir as #4 and two Arcanine to end the Top 6.

Got the hatch 100 Eggs medal, made lots of progress on the 200 Bug and Fairy-type medals, mostly thanks to the Spinarak nest and the lots of Marill/Snubbull spawning around (I also have lots of Marill to evolve soon that will add up).

Other cool things include witnessing a Gym change teams 8 times in 30 minutes and making a new friend thanks to GO, he used a Lure and I got to meet him thanks to that, we would then talk a bit about the game and other things, turns out we have lots of common interest so we've scheduled to meet up again in the weekend :)

Level: 26 -> 27
Pokedex: 196 -> 199
New species: Blastoise, Piloswine, Jynx
Medals: 200 Bug-types, 50 Steel-types, 50 Dark-types

Full session but in two different areas. Started with my regular seaside area, considered the best in the city. However for this event it wasn't that good, it would only spawn a few Fire-types and lots of Shellder (all of which I don't care much about). I did get the last few Squirtle needed for Blastoise though, as well as the few Spinarak/Magnemite needed to get done with the Bug medal and the silver one for Steel. And enough XP to hit level 27, which also restocked me with Ultra Balls a bit, that's handy. After this all I thought there was little point wasting the rest of my session's time in that area honestly, I was getting frustrated with the lack of useful spawns (basically Swinub but also Sneasel, Magmar and to a lesser extent Houndour for the Dark-type medal).

Then I thought of going back to the city centre, the other popular area that most players eventually abandon because it's more filled with the generic stuff; but I remembered that only there did I manage to get Aerodactyl/Larvitar during the Rock event because I guess that's how biomes work during events, it's the generic stuff that gets replaced for cool things, not the regularly more diverse area. And when I got there... Swinubland! I love it :D Quickly got done with Piloswine and I already farmed a lot, I'll be done with getting ready for Mamoswine way before the event is over... I may even get the Ice-type medal out of Swinub alone, although I still don't even have silver (but close) and I know it's gonna be tedious :( There are a few Fire-types (and a fair share of Houndour so I got the Dark-type silver, took me longer than I'd think back when I was struggling to catch all the high CP Murkrow), very few Sneasel though. And a lucky Jynx to get done with that. Now I only need Lapras as a register, however more Sneasel and some Magmar (wishful thinking, haven't seen any...) would be good too.

Just 1 short off 200 registered species and 1 Johto species off the gold medal (69/70). I should keep going to the centre instead for the duration of the event; it will slow down things like Hoppip and Dratini but I should change priorities for a while.

Started a new account on Pokemon Go today. On my older account, it took me months to get to level 8, but today I went straight level 6 lol. Hopefully the game will work when I go to Aruba next week

New species: Omastar (finally!), Cyndaquil, Swinub, Cloyster, WEEZING WTF

So most of my play time has been popping incenses in my bedroom cause school + work == I'm dying plz send help. Got my very first cuddly Cyndaquil that way ^^ I had had Omanyte as my buddy during the previous event and finished the event missing two candy so I had kept him on. Have had so little time to actually walk anywhere (besides, it's hot enough here to fry eggs on your FACE, let alone the sidewalk) that I was at like 4.3/5km walked towards my 49th candy hahaha. However, as soon as I stepped out of class, I hatched an Omanyte! So I finished with that. Got enough Shellder yesterday for a Cloyster and then some. I caught two Swinub today, which was nice. Just popped an incense just now and suddenly out of nowhere A WEEZING. What. Caught the everloving CRAP out of that guy, cause I didn't have a Weezing yet. It's got really crappy CP (27 hahahahahaaaa) but I'll take it! Yays~

Level: 27
Pokedex: 199 -> 201
New species: Lapras, Hitmontop
Medals: 50 Ice-types, 70 Gen II species

Two sessions, both in the city centre. In the first one I found a place with 4 Lures and went there, there were about 15 people gathered who'd keep the Lures up for hours so they can farm as much XP as possible. Most of them are also some of the top players around, most major Gym holders, they've made alliances... I pretty much figured out the true meta of my city's gyms last night thanks to them too. Anyway it was awesome hanging around with that many people and just catching everything that would spawn, they were all super-excited about the event too. To be fair no other event has been as good as this, XP wise. It's essentially x3 for everything related to catches, so it calls for camping a few lured PokeStops all day.

As already discussed in the event thread, I got a Lapras from there. Lapras has a respectable ~1500 CP but not good IVs but the worst thing is that it has Water Gun instead of Frost Breath so it's not going to do me the favours of a Dragonite counter. I also Got the silver medal for Ice-types (50/200) that way, mostly thanks to Swinub, but it's still going to be an uphill ride to 200... Got enough Candy for Mamoswine, made a little progress on Weavile and only one catch (7 candies worth) on Magmortar.

Second session this morning, I tried to restock on items since I had to use a lot last night, went to that same place with the 4 PokeStops since it's the best spot to farm PokeStops without moving. However what I didn't expect is that despite it being early morning, there were still a few people Luring the place (different from last night). This time I tried to be a bit more picky with my catches but I still didn't exactly restock... oh well, I also bought 8 Lucky Eggs and expect to hit 28 tonight for sure. Caught a Hitmontop thanks to today's Lures, and with it I got the 70 Johto species needed. Second Lapras too although it's low CP. I'm also extremely close to getting the gold medals for Fairy and Fighting-types.

This is the ideal event for me to hit 30 and stop worrying about XP this much afterwards. Too bad I won't manage to enjoy the current Gym system in its glory, but at least I'll be ready for whatever gets thrown in next.

Back
Top Bottom