• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Level: 21
Caught: 88

I did catch some Pokemon and visited some Pokestops here and there but no new species or anything. However, because of the new update which balanced tghe CP of some Pokemon species, the Top 6 has changed:

Arcanine @1773 CP (down :( )
Arcanine @1697 CP (down as well ofc)
Pinsir @1555 CP (way up :D)
Nidoqueen @1278 CP (a bit up)
Rhydon @1255 (way up)
Sandslash @1228 CP (a bit up)

Lv: Still 15
New Pokemon species got: Exeggutor, Starmie, Nidorina, Wartotle.
Went to a mall where I tend to have very good luck when I play with lots of PokeStops and Pokemon. I caught Exeggutor in a different place though. The Wartortle I got while browsing a store while playing and I got Starmie and Nidorina by evolving Female Nidoran and Staryu. I almost have enough candies for Nidorino, Seaking and Arbok, so hopefully I get those three soon.

Level: 21 -> 22
Caught: 88 -> 91
New species: Flareon, Omanyte, Machamp
Lucky Egg party + 8 Lure Modules (from others)

Went to that place which is full of lures again, popped the 2nd Lucky Egg (I was saving it from right before level 25 with the x2 XP event it is more efficient to use it now). Evolved everything, caught lots of Pokemon... including a Flareon (I still don't have enough Eevee candies for a single evolution). Finally caught an Omanyte as well (I've had one escape before) and got enough Machop to evolve Machoke (and it isn't in the Top 6 as a Machamp... to think this Machoke was my #1 for a while...)

Level: 22
Caught: 91 -> 92
New species: Ditto

Went to a place with a few Pokemon (but no stops), I don't have lots of Pokeballs now, but I should replenish them soon so I don't worry, better overdo it with the catches now that the 2x XP event is up. Found a 10 CP Ditto transformed as a 240ish CP Pidgey. Other than that I caught and evolved some Pokemon.

One of the Sandslash made it to the Top 6 (past a previous Sandslash who's #7). Also powered up the Arcanines (forgot to do it before when I leveled up).

Arcanine @1891 CP
Arcanine @1773 CP
Pinsir @1555 CP
Nidoqueen @1278 CP
Sandslash @1274 CP
Rhydon @1255 CP

Last edited:
I caught a couple of Jynx earlier this morning. That was pretty neat. It's been awhile since I've actually caught a new Pokemon on Go. I still haven't found a Ditto though and I have been trying to capture everything that I see in order to do so. I'm not sure what are the chances of finding a Ditto among the Pokemon, but knowing my luck, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Pokemon that run away were actually Ditto.

I finally found a Ditto. I didn't think I would after all of the Pidgey I've been catching, but I found one just earlier this morning. I even found a second one when capturing a Rattata. Now I don't feel the need to capture all of the Pokemon around me just to find Ditto. I need to save on Pokeballs anyway, especially if we are getting second generation Pokemon next week.

New species gotten:

Nidorino, Wigglytuff

Im hatching 2 5km eggs evolved Male Nidoran and Jigglypuff and almost have Arbok. I hope to get Poliwrath soon as well. I plan to make some progress with those eggs tomorrow since I have the day off and some time to go walking.

I hatched a Doduo from an egg which was nice, and I evolved a Magneton and caught a Ditto. I'm now sitting at 111 caught, 133 seen. I want to go to a river to try and find some more Slowpoke and Magikarp, but it's getting too cold out. :(

caught a pikachu with santa hat, saw another on sightings at a pokestop but was stuck at work, and saw a 3rd on regular sightings but couldnt find it. also caught my 2nd ditto, both of which were originally magikarp.

Hatched two Mankey on the way to the airport, which was nice cause I didnt have one yet. Then I caught one at the airport ^<__<^;;

Also finally caught a Ditto a few days ago. Just got to my hotel and my room is sitting within range of 2-3 pokestops (depending on how much my char feels like wandering) and after two days spent in the same clothes trapped in various planes and airports my hotel room decided to welcome me with a vute Dratini. Also caught another Growlithe at I dont even remember which airport at this point, which was nice cause I still dont have Arcanine.

local park has become a charmander nest so i was finally able to fully evolve my perfect charmander. he learned ember and dragon claw :mad:

Level: 22 -> 23
Caught: 92 -> 99
New species: Pikachu, Gloom, Dodrio, Jolteon, Charizard, Butterfree, Hitmonchan
8 Lure Modules (set by others)

Lots of sessions this week as I was running around preparing stuff for Christmas. I had so many things to do I actually never got the time to make a post about these before, so I'll wrap them all up together with this one.

New species
Caught several Santa Hat Pikachu (I still don't have regular Pikachu), a 5km Egg I got hatched into an Oddish and gave me enough Candy to evolve it into Gloom, then I caught enough Doduo to evolve one into Dodrio. I also caught enough Eevee to evolve my strongest one (I picked Jolteon over the others by nicknaming it Sparky; I already have Flareon and would rather leave Vaporeon for last so I can evolve my best Eevee catch ever and get a better chance of a nice CP). And then, a wild Charizard (1009 CP) appeared! This was my hardest catch ever but it was worth it; I finally figured out how to throw Pokeballs for Pokemon who are way too far (the only other times I've got this problem was with wild Pidgeot and Golbat and I opted out of spending too many Pokeballs for the sake of species I could easily evolve; Charizard isn't one of them when I had 3/125 Candy though). I was actually in the square with lots of Lures when it appeared and heard lots of fellow players screaming and cheering when it did. I gave it a favourite tag* I later finally got enough Candy from the Buddy system to evolve Metapod; I'll miss this one, he's been my buddy for so long (35.7 km walked). I gave it a favourite tag too* Finally, I found a Hitmonchan and caught it.

Top 6 and other high CP Pokemon
I started with ~10 Pokemon above 1000 CP and now have about 24. Charizard is at 1009, I got a Rhyhorn at 1056 (who is my best not-evolved Pokemon and should make a really good Rhydon eventually), 1111 CP Machoke (which is notable since it has better CP than the 1051 CP Machamp; even though this happens all the time with Pidgeotto and Pidgeot). Jolteon ended up at 1230 and Dodrio at 1242. I caught a Hitmonlee at 1387 that was actually Top 6 material for just a bit but is down to #7 already as of writing this post.
As for the current Top 6, I evolved another Growlithe before reaching level 23 (checked Appraisal to make sure it was the best option; it is, it's also better than my original Arcanine which was also Appraisal-checked and was the best of its time; the 2nd is the worst of the 3). After the power-ups #3 is better than #1 (I should probably nickname these as I'll keep confusing them, thoughts on Arc, Can and Nine? Or R, K and 9? :p). One of the Sandshrew I caught at ~700 CP evolved into Sandslash (#6) and then...
RHYDON TIME! After evolving my ~900 CP Rhyhorn (before I got the 1056 one, I only slightly regret it but it shouldn't matter in the long run) and powering it up to the limits of my level, it stands at 2031 CP. First Pokemon to hit the 2000 mark yay! It also ended the Age of Arcanine, with my #1 for a while already being #3.

Rhydon (2031)
Arcanine (1953)
Arcanine (1931)
Arcanine (1848)
Pinsir (1555)
Sandslash (1458)

*I generally only reserved the favourite tag for Pokemon I didn't want to accidentally transfer and mark those that should mass-evolve with Lucky Egg later; but with the new transfer system and spending the Lucky Egg during the double XP event, I didn't need to do so anymore and reserved it for the Top 6. But yesterday I decided to tag 3 more Pokemon that have been important during my gameplay so far; Charizard (which I just caught but was my hardest catch and luckiest find, as well as the only 3-stage-Pokemon whose middle stage I don't have), Butterfree (who's been my buddy for 35.7 km) and Golbat (who's been my #1 for the longest while, being with me since Level 6, my oldest Pokemon that I haven't transferred yet and don't plan on transferring because I won't be getting a better Golbat because it's hard to catch them and I'd rather save Candy to evolve it into Crobat when it becomes available instead of evolving other Zubat).

Other stuff
I got the gold medal for Ground-type Pokemon (after Normal, Poison and Flying), the medal for 3 Pikachu, for 100 km walked, for 1000 PokeStops and am soon going to get the 100 species one too!

My phone is busy updating software for forever, so I don't have details on CPs or anything but lately I caught several Santa Pikachu walking between my apartment and the convenience store. Caught a few Weezing lately, which is cool cause I only had found one prior to this. Also found an Electabuzz nest right outside the zoo; caught four before even reaching the front gate of the zoo (didn't have any prior to this).

Level: 23
Caught: 99 -> 100
New species: Starmie
4 Lure Modules

Another session at the square with the Lures, caught a Staryu that was enough to evolve it, hatched another Oddish, caught some Rhyhorn and powered up my #1 Rhydon a bit (212o CP) and got some other Pokemon. Also got the medal for 100 species ofc :D

Finally got enuf candy to evolve one of my Gravelers to Golem, new highest cp catch with a 2020 Pinsir, hatched 2nd Igglybuff and 1st Cleffa, and wasted about 10 ultra balls on a cp 500+ Santachu that ran away. Still need more Pikachu candy to evolve one of the Santachus i have caught to a SantaRaichu.

I finally found another Santa Pikachu and I was able to catch it this time. I don't know if I'll evolve it into a Santa Raichu, but I might since I have more than enough candy to evolve another Pikachu. I was worried about not getting a Santa Pikachu in time for the event since Pikachu are so rare as it is.

yesterday while driving around, caught 10 of the 13 santa pikachus i saw so i evolved one to santa raichu.

Back
Top Bottom