• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

JohtoKid103090

Reaction score
Will the English dub be released before or after December?

And on what Network/Streaming service?

Last edited:
What I find strange is that an official English release hasn’t been announced yet, whereas the Italian channel K2 announced an Italian release for November.

While we might get some confirmation later in the month, if we were that close to a release date for Horizons' English dub, I think we would have heard about it last month. I'm still pretty confident that it will be released on Netflix. While their release schedule for the dub hasn't been ideal for awhile, it seems to do well enough for them. If they're willing to make their own Pokemon stop motion series, then I assume that they'd want to keep the anime around too. I don't see the dub going back to Cartoon Network or Disney XD at least.

I wonder how the dub will handle the arcs. Will they name seasons, or will they just use the subtitle from the JP version.

'Liko and Roy Set Off' is looking to be around 24-26 episodes, so the dub (at least in US) can label them as Horizons: Liko and Roy set off Part 1 and Part 2*, and use the arc names instead of coming up with seasonal names, because those have long been devoid of any originality.

A new MC and a change in the series gives them a nice opportunity to shed that habit.

* Assuming they keep releasing around 13 episodes at a time

Well, The first arc is 24 (Which will end on 10/13)

So we may see then release either 6 or 12 episodes.
Supposedly there's rumours going around that 24 isn't to be the last of the current arc. That it's to be 25 and that 26 begins the next arc. If that happens then, the dub's distribution will really be 1 big question.

While we might get some confirmation later in the month, if we were that close to a release date for Horizons' English dub, I think we would have heard about it last month. I'm still pretty confident that it will be released on Netflix. While their release schedule for the dub hasn't been ideal for awhile, it seems to do well enough for them.
Personally, I dislike Netflix and streaming services, so I hope it's not Netflix this time. Plus, the distribution of the English dub of Journeys for the American audience through Netflix was absolutely atrocious, so I understandably have my misgivings Netflix would be able to do Horizons justice anyway.

Last edited:
Personally, I dislike Netflix and streaming services, so I hope it's not Netflix this time. Plus, the distribution of the English dub of Journeys for the American audiences through Netflix was absolutely atrocious, so I understandably have my misgivings Netflix would be able to do Horizons justice anyway.
I can definitely understand that. If Netflix had been able to keep the release schedule for Journeys consistent like they did with its first season, people probably would have more okay with that being the new home of the dub. I'm still amazed that Netflix distributing the dub didn't lead to more series or at least the movies being on their platform. If Netflix doesn't get Horizons, I could maybe see it going to Hulu instead.

I can definitely understand that. If Netflix had been able to keep the release schedule for Journeys consistent like they did with its first season, people probably would have more okay with that being the new home of the dub. I'm still amazed that Netflix distributing the dub didn't lead to more series or at least the movies being on their platform. If Netflix doesn't get Horizons, I could maybe see it going to Hulu instead.
I know a lot of anime fans tend not to like "Netflix jail," but I can live with it if they just drop the first batch of 12 episodes or whatever the day after the 12th episode premieres in Japan. The delay between the Japanese airings of Journeys episodes and Netflix's US release is pretty pathetic though, and I'd hate to see that happen again with Horizons.

Honestly there's no real reason the Pokemon anime can't be released in the West day and date with the Japanese version these days, whether it's still dub-only or they made a subtitled version available. It's not like the world waits for the official dub release either, you had sites like CNN and ESPN and such reporting on Ash's League wins as soon as they happened in Japan.

I know a lot of anime fans tend not to like "Netflix jail," but I can live with it if they just drop the first batch of 12 episodes or whatever the day after the 12th episode premieres in Japan. The delay between the Japanese airings of Journeys episodes and Netflix's US release is pretty pathetic though, and I'd hate to see that happen again with Horizons.

Honestly there's no real reason the Pokemon anime can't be released in the West day and date with the Japanese version these days, whether it's still dub-only or they made a subtitled version available. It's not like the world waits for the official dub release either, you had sites like CNN and ESPN and such reporting on Ash's League wins as soon as they happened in Japan.
I don't know if I could see them releasing the dub that fast with the Japanese version. That works more for seasonal anime as opposed to something like Pokemon where they have new episodes for most of the year. There really isn't any good reason for the release schedule for Journeys since a good chuck of the dub premiered in Canada before Netflix put them up on their site. Clearly that was an issue on Netflix than some issue with the dub. If they had kept the release schedule consistent like they did initially, I still think more people would have been okay with Netflix being the new home of the dub.

It would be neat to have at least a subbed version available. That would be much easier to release right alongside the Japanese version compared to releasing new dub episodes every week. There is clearly demand for it too, but considering that they announced the Horizons dub title when they confirmed the series would be available later this year, I don't think that TPCI is interested in having official subs for the anime for whatever reason.

I don't know if I could see them releasing the dub that fast with the Japanese version. That works more for seasonal anime as opposed to something like Pokemon where they have new episodes for most of the year. There really isn't any good reason for the release schedule for Journeys since a good chuck of the dub premiered in Canada before Netflix put them up on their site. Clearly that was an issue on Netflix than some issue with the dub. If they had kept the release schedule consistent like they did initially, I still think more people would have been okay with Netflix being the new home of the dub.

It would be neat to have at least a subbed version available. That would be much easier to release right alongside the Japanese version compared to releasing new dub episodes every week. There is clearly demand for it too, but considering that they announced the Horizons dub title when they confirmed the series would be available later this year, I don't think that TPCI is interested in having official subs for the anime for whatever reason.
I don't think it'd be as hard as you're making it out to be, honestly - I recall Bonnie's VA tweeting a picture of her recording an episode that had yet to air in Japan, so I've always assumed TPCI gets new episodes and are able to work on them before they air.

Despite also being a weekly show, and one that's always been much further behind its Japanese airings than Pokemon, One Piece's dub release is very quickly catching up to the Japanese version and is now only around 50 episodes behind now - once they get caught up I'd be very surprised if they didn't start releasing the dub day and date with the subbed version. Of course, that's a Funimation production whose sole business is anime, so it makes sense for their business to try and get that going, but I can't imagine TPCI wouldn't be able to pull the same thing off, especially since they only have one anime series to work on compared to Funimation's dozens.

I don't think it'd be as hard as you're making it out to be, honestly - I recall Bonnie's VA tweeting a picture of her recording an episode that had yet to air in Japan, so I've always assumed TPCI gets new episodes and are able to work on them before they air.

Despite also being a weekly show, and one that's always been much further behind its Japanese airings than Pokemon, One Piece's dub release is very quickly catching up to the Japanese version and is now only around 50 episodes behind now - once they get caught up I'd be very surprised if they didn't start releasing the dub day and date with the subbed version. Of course, that's a Funimation production whose sole business is anime, so it makes sense for their business to try and get that going, but I can't imagine TPCI wouldn't be able to pull the same thing off, especially since they only have one anime series to work on compared to Funimation's dozens.
I remember that tweet to and I think even one of the BW opening themes had footage of a then recent episode that had aired in Japan too. I'm not sure how much time they need to dub each episode, but I always assumed that they needed more time than the dub simulcast series get. Either that or TPCI doesn't want to spend the extra time and money it would take to make that happen.

I think the anime people between both parties just aren't interested in cooperating for this...

Back
Top Bottom