• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

Yeah dubbing takes a while, if it was only english they could probably do it but, not with how many languages they have... subs on the other hand, given how fast fans can do it, would probably be possible, but TPC is allergic to an official sub for some reason.

Because Pokémon (rather Netflix) services multiple languages, not just Japanese and English. Simildubbing is hard enough as is. Now try coordinating that across multiple countries. One of them (Ukraine) is a major active war zone. That’s not even getting into the legal mumbo jumbo that is distribution rights and contracts. Just because an episode is made and dubbed does not mean the distributor will let it out.
But I was only referring to Japanese & English, not other languages. Hell I never knew there was a Ukrainian dub for Pokemon. It was never a major market anyway for Pokemon. I feel the next major market for Pokemon after Japan and North America (Just USA & Canada) is Germany.

But I was only referring to Japanese & English, not other languages.
My prior remark about distributors and legal mumbo jumbo still stand. I’m sure legal mumbo jumbo is the reason why during the editing process they not only need to replace the dialogue with English but also the soundtrack as well.
Hell I never knew there was a Ukrainian dub for Pokemon. It was never a major market anyway for Pokemon. I feel the next major market for Pokemon after Japan and North America (Just USA & Canada) is Germany.

Does it matter if it’s a major market? This is the same franchise that dubs this series in Mandarin twice, once for the PRC and another for the ROC.

Does it matter if it’s a major market? This is the same franchise that dubs this series in Mandarin twice, once for the PRC and another for the ROC.
I don’t think Pokemon has ever prioritized China and Taiwan for that extent. The only reason I think they do that is I believe there are some different between Mandarin Chinese in China & Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan. Look at Spanish. They are differences between European Spanish & LatinAmerican Spanish which is why there are separate Spanish languages dubs.

I don’t think Pokemon has ever prioritized China and Taiwan for that extent. The only reason I think they do that is I believe there are some different between Mandarin Chinese in China & Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan. Look at Spanish. They are differences between European Spanish & LatinAmerican Spanish which is why there are separate Spanish languages dubs.
I wouldn’t bring up China and Taiwan if I didn’t know Taiwanese Mandarin and Mainland Mandarin were about as different as Commonwealth English and American English. Obviously, we’re not dubbing English twice.

It’s way more politics (both National and legal) than it is differences. Sometimes the mainland will use the Taiwanese Mandarin dubs and then sometimes they’ll do their own and it is even more of a legal mess.

I have watched 20 episodes of Pokémon Horizons in English Dubbed. other 23 episode are not dubbed can anyone tell me when all episodes will Dub. I wanted to know Soo Badly please if someone know

Last edited:
can anyone tell in which country or streaming service, they have released episode 26? I found on online, there’s an English dub of episode 26 and I am not able to find out where those eps came from?
That's news to me but, I assume the BBC app thing, they are the only ones who should be ahead I think?

BBC is still only up to episode 20, but I've seen dubbed episodes up to 25 floating around the internet. Does anyone know where these episodes are coming from? What country is airing them?

I've noticed there episodes still have Japanese intro, outro, title cards, ect., despite being otherwise English-dubbed. Do they really air episodes like that in Australia? I'm a little surprised.

I've noticed there episodes still have Japanese intro, outro, title cards, ect., despite being otherwise English-dubbed. Do they really air episodes like that in Australia? I'm a little surprised.
Maybe it wasn't released in US yet hence same opening in sub version.

Maybe it wasn't released in US yet hence same opening in sub version.
It's a dubbed episode, just with subbed intro, title card, credits and other things like that (like the commercial break cut cards, Friede's quiz thing, and maybe the original music, too?). I've never seen a Pokemon episode like that before.

Back
Top Bottom