• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

Which do you think is better though in the long-term? Batches of episodes, or one episode weekly?
At the moment, I think that batches of episodes would be better, if only to shorten the gap a bit more. Once that is reduced to maybe just three to four months apart from the Japanese version, then I think going for weekly premieres would be fine. I don't think that Netflix is going in that direction though.

Sometimes I wish we lived in the world where there was same week official subs released on some idk anime streaming service like so much else these days.
Doesn't help the people who only watch the dub, still ages behind, but its nice for people who dont care, just don't wanna watch it unofficially at all.

Sometimes I wish we lived in the world where there was same week official subs released on some idk anime streaming service like so much else these days.
Doesn't help the people who only watch the dub, still ages behind, but its nice for people who dont care, just don't wanna watch it unofficially at all.
I've pretty much lost all interest in the English dub of the Pokemon anime these days.

I think the schedule will estabilize in the UK premiering 5 episodes per month and Netflix premiering 15 episodes every 3 months (with both having big breaks between seasons), that way they won't catch up.

The announcement that Netflix will begin streaming the Egghead Island arc of One Piece (the current arc in both the anime and manga, of which only one episode has aired in Japan) really drives home the point of how silly their incredibly delayed release schedule is for Horizons.

And speaking of silly practices, Horizons would also be a really nice opportunity for them to offer the Japanese version streaming as well, but I doubt we’ll see it. Baby steps with the Mewtwo movie and Concierge (the latter of which I’d guess they have much more control over anyway since afaik it’s fully produced by Netflix), but they don’t ever seem to want to go any further than that.

Back
Top Bottom