• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub Sneak Peek

I read like over half of the Pokémon cast as autistic but that's probably just a me thing

Really liking the dub so far! The music and voice acting are really nice. Liko's internal monologue was really relatable like??? Yeah, sometimes it felt a too bit on the nose, but other times... it was me for real.

I would do everything for duck and Torchic cameo

Oh, and. Sprigatito is very cat.

I read like over half of the Pokémon cast as autistic but that's probably just a me thing

Really liking the dub so far! The music and voice acting are really nice. Liko's internal monologue was really relatable like??? Yeah, sometimes it felt a too bit on the nose, but other times... it was me for real.

I would do everything for duck and Torchic cameo

Oh, and. Sprigatito is very cat.
Never actually owned one, how cat are we talking? Plus, agreed with everything you said.

Fun Fact: Sprigatito's VA (Buckland) worked on VeggieTales
She's actually pretty good, kudos to Kira as that is the exact voice I thought Spirgatito should have in English (I've loathed TPCi's voice acting over the years, found it utterly incompetent and very grating when compared to 4Kids' takes on most roles that cast did first in the Ash Series to clarify and fairly inept, but this is one casting they got right for once IMO).

Fuecoco (Zeno Robinson) is unfortunately my least favorite, conversely, he's a very talented VA but I feel Ortiz has misdirected him in the role thus far: we'll see if it gets better, though, it's only been 6 episodes and I'll see 6 more dub ones before I finalize that opinion for me personally.

Regarding the dub itself, apparently TPCi has started removing the "To Be Continued" from the end of episodes since the JN English dub, and that continues in the HZ dub so far: why, I don't know, though.

Back
Top Bottom