• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I wonder why they didn't show SOME gameplay footage in the trailer? Anyone else think it's weird, or is it just me?

No. If it's a 2025 game, it's probably not far enough along in development that they have something ready to show off. Doubly so if it's late 2025, because that means we're seeing a reveal a full year earlier than we normally would. This reveal comes off as more of a general concept pitch than anything, because of the long gap until release we probably shouldn't expect to see anything further for ~6-12 months.

It's defenintly a good bit in development imo (All previous patterns say it should be ~1.5-2 years in development by now). Im still betting on it being either the switch 2 thing, or it just being a late 2025 release so they didn't want to show TOO much because they know how long it'll be before we see anything from it again.

And the manga
If u think he’s not that evil u should really read the manga
I'm actually not much of a reader, so I don't really care for manga/comic books, but I think you're right about that. From what I've seen of it, he's pretty evil in the manga too.

Doesn't Giovanni redeem himself in the manga though?

Oh yeah I guess Rainbow Rocket Giovanni is Evil in the sense later evil teams are. Which by extention includes Masters Giovanni who I think IS Rainbow Rocket Giovanni?

Game Freak is also not known for sticking to established patterns, they like to switch things up and surprise people. They've broken a lot of release trends in the past, they could do so again. There are reasons why it might make sense for Game Freak to break this rule and get on the Switch 2 early:
  • Some of the best selling games on the Switch launched earlier, being part of that incredible Year 1 lineup seems to have really benefitted some of the those games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and BotW which just continued to sell year after year. Game Freak may want to get in on that this time.
  • Having Pokemon earlier may help get more people to buy the Switch 2, Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest exclusives.
  • The Switch 2 is expected to be largely similar to the OG Switch, so making the jump to new hardware should be one of the least difficult hardware transitions.
Would make a lot of sense too, and since the Switch 2 was delayed to the next year it serves them better for a proper development and debugging cycle, after all neither GF nor Nintendo want a repeat of the Gen IX launch boogaloo, if we take Eurogamer seriously, which I kinda do since they leaked the OG Switch, Big Ninty showcased Switch 2 tech demos to developers at Gamescom 2023, apparently, one of these demos is an enhanced version of BoTW. So, since there are tech demos, then Nintendo's first party devs, GF included, have the SDKs already in possession.

Also... Given the size of the map, it's a golden opportunity for the Switch 2 to flex its muscles. And give Nintendo some bragging rights.

Eurogamer sauce for the interested: Nintendo demoed Switch 2 to developers at Gamescom

One thing that I wonder is if there will be two factions of characters in this game named after the original Kalos games. An "X" Something and a "Y" Something. Legends: Arceus had two clans named the Diamond Clan and Pearl Clan as a clear shoutout to the original Sinnoh games being Diamond and Pearl. Maybe something similar could be happening here.

One possible idea I've heard and like is the idea of those two factions in this game being a construction and demolition team. Since this game is about an urban redevelopment of Lumiose City, it would really work and align with the themes of Xerneas and Yveltal. An X Company that acts as a construction team all about building new things, while we have a Y Company that acts as a demolition team seeking to get rid of and destroy old things. That would fit in quite nicely with this being more urban and seemingly we're trying to shape Lumiose into a great city where people and Pokemon live together in harmony, and these two factions may have different ideas on how to make Lumiose such a place that put them at odds with one another until we find a way to reconcile them and have the two work together towards the ideal Lumiose City.

For fun, I started looking into the Paris redevelopment project that some say this game could be based on, and found this little tidbit on Wikipedia:
At the end of 1851, shortly before Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte's term expired, neither the rue de Rivoli nor the park had progressed very far. He wanted to run for re-election in 1852, but was blocked by the new Constitution, which limited him to one term. A majority of members of parliament voted to change the Constitution, but not the two-thirds majority required. Prevented from running again, Napoléon, with the help of the army, staged a coup d'état on 2 December 1851 and seized power. His opponents were arrested or exiled. The following year, on 2 December 1852, he declared himself Emperor, adopting the throne name Napoléon III.
Curveball idea: maybe we don’t get the Piplup line as a starter after all. It’s still in the game, but as the signature mon of a Napoleon III-styled NPC, perhaps a twist villain?

More on topic, How many regional lines do you think there'll be? if there's new megas (including for the game's starters) then i could see there only be 4 or so
Okay
Hear me out
So people think we might get another sword of justice due to their three musketeers inspiration (and we got another force of nature in LA) but don’t we already have keldeo for that?
So here’s my idea
We get regional forms for them
Because there is no set pattern for legends games yet the thing could just be a new thing for an old legendary group
Sooo yeah. That’s my random little idea

I'm actually not much of a reader, so I don't really care for manga/comic books, but I think you're right about that. From what I've seen of it, he's pretty evil in the manga too.

Doesn't Giovanni redeem himself in the manga though?
Yes
I’ve read all of the manga except the Black-White arc and I’ve only read half of Sun-Moon
But yes, he does get redeemed-ish
Edit: how did we get talking about Giovanni anyway?

Last edited:
More on topic, How many regional lines do you think there'll be? if there's new megas (including for the game's starters) then i could see there only be 4 or so
I'm basically in the park as you. Honestly I might even wager less with like 2 or 3.

But yeah, I think a big priority in terms of designs will be new megas, so I'm not expecting much in the way of regional variants. I'm not sure we'll even get any cross gen evos.

I'm basically in the park as you. Honestly I might even wager less with like 2 or 3.

But yeah, I think a big priority in terms of designs will be new megas, so I'm not expecting much in the way of regional variants. I'm not sure we'll even get any cross gen evos.
I don't really see why we would have regional variants for a game set in a big city nor do I want them as that would likely mean fewer megas and possible cross-gen evolutions (although these are unlikely, too...).

Having a new Eon dragon to turn the Eon duo into the Eon trio would be really sick, but something tells me we're getting another tapu or some more ultra beasts alongside the rumored A legendary.

Edit: though if they create a new member of the Eon dragons group then I REALLY hope they stay faithful to the design patterns of the original members. Those new regis in Sword And Shield stray too far design-wise from the original Regis if you ask me. Especially Regieliki.

Back
Top Bottom