• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Moonlight Silver (COMPLETE!!!)

@Charles Legend

Episode 17: Tears of Courage

"Well done, Ash..." Misty smiled as the group departed Violet City the next morning. "I thought you were done for when Blaze was pinned to the floor!"

"You know Blaze...he's not the type to give up." Ash smiled.

"Now that you have your first badge, our next stop is Azalea Town, to the south." Brock explained as he studied the map of Johto in his guidebook.

Ash nodded. "I can't wait to battle the Gym Leader there!"

For a while, the walk down the road was uneventful until Misty noticed the majestic spires of mansions and trees in the distance. "Look! Another subdivision of mansions!"

"Welcome to Riverside Hills..." Brock read the welcome sign before spotting a dull green haired girl in a lovely magenta gown looking out on the mountains from a cliff.

Misty noticed the dreamy look on Brock's face. "Wait...I know that look..."

"That's the 'I-see-a-pretty-girl-so-I'm-gonna-get-my-guitar-out-and-sing-a-song-for-her' look..." Ash sighed as sure enough, Brock quickly got out his guitar and started tuning up.

Misty, meanwhile, noticed a familiar rotund blue mouse Pokemon tottling in the group's direction. "Aw! Another Marill!" she gasped, before heaving a Poke Ball skyward. "Go say hi, Ami!"

Brock was snapped from tuning up by the pop of a Poke Ball. "I wouldn't exactly plan on battling that Marill if I were you..." he cautioned, pointing out a pink bow on the Marill's tail.

"Relax, I was just gonna see if it would be interested in talking to other Marills." Misty assured Brock. "I'm sure Ami would love making some friends here too."

Ami, meanwhile, hurried up to the other Marill. [Hi! My name's Ami!]

The other Marill looked up at Ami, teared up, and burst into tears. [What's the matter? I only want to be your friend.] Ami smiled as she tried comforting the bawling Marill.

She looked over at Brock, who was just finishing his tuning. [Quick! Sing the happiest, most joyful song you know!]

"Before that though, I'm just gonna just try calming her first." Brock replied as he returned his instrument to its case and hurried over to the bawling Marill's side. "Sh, now...it's okay...we're not gonna hurt you..."

"It's working!" Ash grinned as the Marill's cries started to quiet.

Just then, the girl from before approached the group. "Well! That's the first time I've seen anyone besides me calm Lana down..."

"Thanks--all we wanted to do was say hello to it, and she just decided to cry at the sight of my own Marill, Ami." Misty explained.

"The girl giggled. "My name's Wilhomena...my family's raised Marills for many years, but I can't understand why Lana constantly cries, even at things that shouldn't be scary..."

Brock emerged before Wilhomena. "Hi, I'm Brock--maybe she needs a few happy songs to show how special she is and how lucky she is to be owned by an equally special young lady..."

Ami facepalmed. [Can I spray Brock, Mama, please?]

Misty sighed as Brock started a brisk melody. "Too late..."

But before Brock could sing a note of his song, Lana burst into tears and raced off towards a steep hill. "Uh oh!"

[She's headed for that cliff!] Tintri gasped as he dashed down the hill in an attempt to corral the bawling Marill. The hill proved to be steeper than he thought, and he ended up getting tangled as both he and Lana went rolling down the hill towards the forest and the raging river below.

"Tintri!" Ash called as he dashed down the hill in an attempt to catch both Tintri and Lana. However, he ended up tripping on a rock and crashing into a tree as Misty hurried down the hill.

"Stay with Brock and Wilhomena!" Misty called as she raced by. "And be sure Brock stays out of trouble!"

"But what about--?" Ash asked as he rubbed his arm in pain.

"I'll find Tintri and Lana! Don't worry!" Misty called back as she sprinted down the hill and leapt to catch both Pokemon moments before they could roll into the river. "There...I've got both of you--you guys okay?"

[Just a few scrapes, nothing major.] Tintri replied. [But judging how Lana's bawling, you'd think she lost a limb!] He gestured to Lana, who was still crying profusely.

"Sh...it's okay, Lana." Misty smiled. "I only wanted to help you before you went falling into the icy cold water." Lana nodded before bawling some more.

She was about to attempt climbing back up the hill before losing her footing, sending her, Tintri, and Lana screaming into the river...

---------

"I hope Misty and Tintri will be okay..." Ash mused.

Wilhomena, meanwhile, was equally devastated. "It's all my fault...I can't calm Lana no matter how hard I try..."

"Well, there are in fact ways to curb Lana's crying." Brock explained as he played a relaxed melody. "Having cared for both human kids and young Pokemon, they typically tend to cry for either A. attention, B. an activity or tangible item, or C. to escape a demand."

"Hm...I never thought that Lana might be wanting my attention before..." Wilhomena replied.

"So if Lana starts to cry, do your best to stay calm." Brock went on over his song. "Otherwise, both your anxieties will feed off each other and get worse. Validate Lana's feelings by telling her, 'It's okay to cry. I know you feel sad right now, but you still should, or shouldn't...' whatever it is you're trying to have her do."

"I see...I guess she can feel my panic when she cries." Wilhomena giggled, slightly embarrassed that Brock had gently called her out on a bad habit of hers.

"In fact, most Pokemon--or human kids for that matter--don't like to hear 'no', and so they make their displeasure known in any way they know how, which for Lana is crying." Ash agreed.

He looked out towards the river. "I can only hope Misty doesn't go insane from Lana crying..."

To Be Continued...

Sorry about the late reply, parly it was becuse I was watching all 24 episodes of 'Yona of the Dawn' as well as the fact since its been really cloudy for the last few days my internet kept going down.

Anyways another good chapter, while I'll admit I forgot who Wilhomena was until I looked her up, anyways as far as I can tell there are no errors in this chaper then again I'm not exactally an expert on the matter.

This chapter was fairly easy to throw together once I removed Team Rocket (They will be finally appearing soon, so if you've been waiting to see them, enjoy their appearances--they're not going to be showing up constantly)

Togepi was another casualty for the cutting room floor--with Misty's new goal of the Pokethlon, I felt Togepi would be holding her back from completing that goal.

This episode was one of Brock's memorable gaga moments, so I kept it in for nostalgia's sake.

Last edited:
@Charles Legend

Episode 18: Riding out the Swarm

Misty climbed out of the water moments later, Lana bawling all the while. "Sh...it's okay..." she tried to assure the squalling Marill. "We're safe here..."

She looked around for a moment at the forest around her and the river they had just came from. "Although I'd love to know where 'here' is..."

[Me too--I bet Ash and Brock are worried sick!] Tintri agreed, wincing as Lana bawled in his ears.

Finally, Misty's combined anger, frustration, and fear overwhelmed her. "Look, I know you're scared and want your mama, but crying's not gonna help!" she snapped, causing Lana to cry even more.

She seriously considered banging her head against a tree in frustration. Arceus, make it stop! she silently pleaded.

Just then, she gasped as Lana wriggled free from her hands and dashed off into the forest, leaving her wrinkled pink bow on the grass. "Hey!"

[Follow that Marill!] Tintri announced as he led Misty and Ami into the forest.

"If there's one thing that'll make Lana easy to find, we'll hear her before we see her." Misty grumbled as she followed Tintri through the brush, over a log, and carefully climbing through some ivy.

[To be fair, you could've been a little bit nicer when you told Lana to calm down.] Ami explained. [She may have picked up on your angry tone of voice, and that scared her even more.]

Misty sighed, embarrassed that her own Pokemon had called her out on misbehavior. "You're right, Ami...I admit I was the one that scared her, and in the heat of the moment, I did something I'm gonna regret if she ends up dinner for a big Pokemon or Poke-napped. Not only would Wilhomena never forgive me, but the boys wouldn't either."

[Now that we have admitted our mistake, let's go make things right.] Ami suggested.

"Yes, lets." Misty agreed as she hurried off after her own Marill.

---------

After climbing through brush and climbing over logs, Tintri found Lana cowering in a corner. [Found her, Misty!] he called as Misty and Ami emerged from the brush.

"Go give Lana her ribbon back." Misty gave Ami Lana's ribbon and watched as her own Marill hurried over to the frightened Marill holed up in a log.

[Um, you dropped this earlier...] Ami tensely offered the ribbon to Lana.

[Y-you're not gonna hurt me?] Lana stammered.

[No--I would never hurt you.] Ami explained. [My master wouldn't hurt you either--she only wants to help you find your mama]

[B-but she yelled at me before!] Lana protested, tears forming in her eyes all the while.

[That was because she was frustrated at your constant crying, even though she wanted to help you.] Ami explained [And still wants to help you, even though anger got the best of her.]

[Really?] Lana gasped, her tears shining hopefully.

[Yeah--if you just trust my master and our Pikachu friend, we'll get you back to your mama.] Ami assured Lana.

[W-will you teach me how to be braver?] Lana asked as she tensely followed Ami.

[I don't claim to be an expert, but I'll do what I can.] Ami replied as she led Lana back to where Misty and Tintri were waiting. [I finally got Lana to calm down and talk to me.]

"That's good to hear." Misty smiled as she retied Lana's ribbon. "There we go--all pretty again!"

[T-thank you...] Lana blushed. [I'm just...very shy and sensitive.]

"I know...it's scary being lost." Misty replied. "But we have to work together to find your mama, okay? She's probably looking for you as much as we're looking for her."

A thud in the grass, followed by a distinct hum made her freeze in terror. "Beedrills!" she gasped as a swarm of the red eyed wasp Pokemon chased Tintri back to the clearing where she and the Marills were huddled.

[All I did was trip over a Beedrill hive half buried in the moss!] Tintri explained as the group fled into the forest.

"No time to explain, let's get somewhere safe first!" Misty instructed as the group weaved around trees and rocks in an attempt to lose the Beedrills.

She winced as Lana started crying again. Oh no, not again...and just when I thought Ami made progress, too...

---------

"Misty!" Brock called as he, Ash, and Wilhomena followed the riverbank, desperate to know where their friend and companion had gone.

"Tintri!" Ash called into the woods, before a familiar cry snapped him to attention. "There they are!" he called, pointing out Misty and the Pokemon fleeing the Beedrill swarm.

Brock whistled, getting Misty's attention. "Over here!"

Misty was relieved to hear her friend's voice. "Am I glad to see you guys--but let's get rid of these Beedrills before we talk." she suggested as she quickly delivered Lana to Wilhomena.

"Already on it." Brock replied as he retrieved some arrows and a familiar oak bow with silver and emeralds for trim. "Okay, Tintri--can you electrify these arrows for me?"

[Sure!] Tintri replied, sending some sparks into the silver arrowheads until they glowed yellow and sparked.

"Oh, I see what you want to do!" Wilhomena smiled as Brock carefully aimed one of the electrified arrows as the oncoming Beedrill swarm.

After a few tense seconds, he fired, making the Beedrills come to a screeching halt as the arrow landed on the ground in an explosion of electricity. They turned to flee as more electrified arrows went flying--each one being careful not to wound any of the Beedrills as they retreated to the forest.

"That's actually very clever--imbuing arrows with electricity." Wilhomena commented as the group made their way back up the hill towards the house.

"Well, if people can set them on fire, imbuing them with other elements is also doable in real life." Brock replied. "Besides, my goal was not to hurt the Beedrill swarm, but warn them away from us."

Wilhomena smiled as she led the way up the hill. "I can't thank you all enough for your bravery in saving my little Lana..."

"Aw, it was nothing." Ash replied.

"Even if she is prone to cry, Lana was actually very brave, being so far from home." Misty agreed as the group returned to the house, where some other Marills were waiting for Wilhomena's return.

As Lana ran to meet some of the other Marills, Wilhomena led another Marill to Ash's side. "As a reward for bringing Lana back safely, I want to give you a Marill of your own--this little girl's ready to be paired with a trainer and given a name."

"Thank you..." Ash replied as he took the Maril in his arms and contemplated a name for his gifted Pokemon. "I think in honor of our adventure here, I'll name her...River."

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Ah I see, anyways I noticed that you accidentally called Lana 'Ami' the ironic thing was it was Ami herself that was talking.

Also did Brock have his Vulpix/Ninetales retrieve the arrows or did he just leave them in the ground?

Also Ash got himself a Maril? hum I wonder could River eventually became Ami's rival to become Tintri's mate?

Just to clarify whose Marill is whose:

Lana is Whilhomena's Marill
Ami is Misty's Marill
River is Ash's new Marill (who will replace Squirtle once he leaves in the remix of "The Fire-ing Squad")

Hope that clears up any confusion--I did find the name mixup and fixed it.

Next time, it's the remix of "Charizard's Burning Ambitions"--with no Team Rocket in sight! (but they're coming up, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer if you've been waiting to see them)

@Charles Legend

Episode 19: A Burning Heart of Courage

...Come with me and we will see the wonders of the world!
All of the glory, is in our story!
Ash sang along to a blaring melody coming from his PokeNav headphones.

As we make our way to heaven, take it step by step
And get the glory, upon the great stage!

We can go anywhere, so long as we're together
I truly believe it with all of my heart...

"I hate to interrupt your performance, Mr. Teen Idol, but you may wanna watch your step." Brock cautioned, motioning to the narrow mountain pathway the group was on.

Ash shut off the Pokenav and stepped away from the edge of the path. "I'm glad to know you like that song, but you also need to focus on the road, especially in narrow places like this." Misty agreed.

"What's the name of that song, anyway?" Brock asked.

"'Glory in Our Story' by the idol group Triumph." Ash explained. "Most of their songs have an inspiring feel--even the sad songs have a note of hope in them."

[Aw, why'd you stop singing?] Tintri complained. [The echo around here made that song sound really cool!]

"Echo?" Ash asked, confused.

"We're in the mountains, haven't you stood at an echo point and called into a mountain or canyon before?" Misty asked.

Just then, the group heard a faint "Hello" echoing through the crags far off in the distance. "Also remember that the echoes allow a person to hear for miles." Brock explained before calling back "Hello!"

"There!" Ash called, pointing out a green haired girl in a red armor-like outfit climbing over the rocks in the path to reach the group.

Brock noticed the elegant dull brown bow and quiver full of red and gold fletched arrows on the girl's back and smiled. Love the arrow fletching--makes them look like little flames.

"Hello, travelers." the girl smiled. "Where might you be headed?"

"We were on our way to Azalea Town, but I don't know if I can go any further." Ash explained.

The girl smiled. "My name's Liza, and I take care of the wild Charizards here in the Charific Valley." She made a grand gesture to a large valley below the path the group was standing on, where seemingly hundreds of Charizards--as well as some Charmanders and Charmeleons--milled about. "Your route goes right through the valley, so if you want, I can take you down there directly so you don't have to wind around all these pathways."

"Sure!" Brock replied, more excited about Liza than seeing wild Charizards. Misty shot him a warning glance before he could gush about her, so he composed himself and thumbed through his guidebook to reach the chapter on the valley. "The Charific Valley--an ancient training and breeding ground where tribes of wild Charizards have lived for millennia. Trained Charizards often come here to learn from the wild ones so they can become stronger."

"Cool!" Ash gasped.

"It is distinguishable by its rock formation in the shape of a giant Charizard." Brock went on before looking up and seeing the formation in question in the distance.

"Can you take us down there?" Ash asked Liza. "Maybe my Charizard Blaze could learn a thing or two from his own kind!"

"Sure." Liza replied. "I'll give you a ride on my faithful Charizard, Charla." Liza offered before calling into the crags. "Here, Charla!"

The group watched in awe as a female Charizard towing a small coach-like vehicle landed before the group "This is Charla--she takes visitors to and from the valley." Liza explained before addressing Ash. "You said you had a Charizard of your own?"

"Yeah--his name's Blaze." Ash replied as he opened the badge case containing his Zephyr Badge for Liza to see. "I raised him from a Charmander, and he's won a lot of important battles for me."

[I see...I can smell his char on the badge you carry.] Charla purred as she sniffed the Zephyr Badge. [You can ride with your friends in the coach, or you can ride on your own Charizard.]

"I think I'll let you see my own Charizard..." Ash replied before heaving the Poke Ball containing Blaze skyward. "Come on out, Blaze!"

[You called?] Blaze sleepily yawned. [That Gym Battle had me beat!]

"How would you like to meet some wild Charizards?" Ash explained. "They live in that valley." he pointed out the sprawling Charific Valley below.

Blaze perked up at the mention of wild Charizards. [Sure! I'd love to learn some of the ancient ways of my wild ancestors direct from a tribe.]

He motioned for Ash to climb aboard. [Come on board, sport--even humans can learn from the ancient Charizard ways.]

"The lady Charizard is our guide, so you need to follow her down to the valley." Ash instructed.

Once Ash was aboard Blaze and Misty and Brock were safely secured in Charla's coach, both Charizards took off, Blaze following Charla into the rugged valley.

As Charla approached the valley, Misty noticed that the valley floor was dotted in millions of sparkling rocks. "Lady Cascade to Guide Fire, what are those rocks on the valley floor?" she asked through the communicator inside the coach.

"Lady Cascade, most of those rocks are special jewels called Z Crystals." Liza's voice crackled back. "They are washed from the ocean into the rivers in this area, and then deposited on the valley floor. Of course, normal jewels are washed up here too--so if you ever wondered where the jewels in Mega Rings came from, many of them came from right here."

She went on "The Charizards in the valley are wild, but Charla is a special one--she managed to bond with me. The wild Charizard tribes don't see humans that often, so we protect them from poachers and others that want to cause trouble."

"I see." Misty replied.

"But you guys don't look like the troublemaking type, so they should be fine around you." Liza assured her passengers. "The Charizard tribes have their own language and culture, so you may see that on display while you're here."

---------

"Here we are!" Liza smiled as the group landed at the valley entrance. "The Charizards train naturally without humans by battling each other, the intense competition making them some of the strongest in the world."

"You sure Blaze could handle that?" Misty asked Ash.

[Of COURSE I can handle it!] Blaze barked. [But first, allow me to meet the tribe, as it is not proper to battle immediately upon arrival in tribal lands.]

"Why not?" Ash wondered as he admired some Charizards sleeping, some sparring, some playing, and some females tending to some Charmanders.

[If you issue a challenge before you have formally introduced yourself to the chief and the tribe, the tribe will see that as a declaration of war.] Blaze explained.

Charla nodded in agreement. [So if you come in peace, you introduce yourself to the chief first, and declare your intention to train.]

It was not long before the group arrived at a large cave. [This is the chief's cave.] Charla went on. [Pyroc is a wise Charizard, but fair--if he believes you have potential, he will challenge you to battle himself.]

She then called into the cave in the Charizard language [Pyroc, creolna los het wa koraav hi]

The group gasped in awe as a huge Charizard emerged from the cave. [Aldoer, wanderer. What brings you here to the valley?]

[My name is Blaze, great one.] Blaze replied with a little bow. [I serve as the guardian to the krilkul that rescued me as a Charmander from a watery fate.] He gestured to Ash, who waved hello.

[Might I know your name, krilkul?] Pyroc asked.

"My name is Ash, Chief Pyroc." Ash replied as he bowed on one knee before the huge Charizard. "And these are my friends Misty and Brock."

"It is an honor to meet you." Misty replied.

Tá áthas orm bualadh leat. Brock replied in Gaelic, complete with a little bow.

A toothy smile formed on Pyroc's face. [You are a lovas, yes? There aren't many humans who know the Language of Song.]

"In Charizard tribes, lovas are singer-storytellers that pass down history and legend among the tribe." Liza explained. "They sing in what is known among the Charizards as the Language of Song, which Eire region Gaelic approximates.]

"So something like a minstrel?" Ash wondered.

Pyroc nodded [The lovas hold an important job in the tribe, krilkul, even greater than mine--and that is preserving our history and legends of heroes, so they are not forgotten.]

He the addressed Blaze and the others. [We welcome you all, as guests of our guardian Liza and the tribe.]

[So when do we start training?] Blaze asked.

[We will begin with the basics in the morning.] Pyroc assured Blaze. [Tonight, though, is a time of celebration to welcome you and your friends.]

[Understood, chief--it is rude to battle on the day of your arrival.] Blaze replied.

To Be Continued...

Good to see that Blaze is not as rash as how the Anime depicted him... and it's interesting you added Z-crystals...

I do have a more detailed explanation as to why Mega Evolution and Z Crystals appear in Johto, but you'll have to wait till the gang reaches Ecruteak to learn about it.

Blaze's rashness came off as annoying to me in the original episode, so I toned that down to help build my Charizard culture and Blaze's place within it.

The Charizard language is loosely based on the Elder Scrolls Draconic language, if you're curious.

If you want to know the translations of all the foreign languages:

Charizard to English translator:

creolna los het wa koraav hi--Someone is here to see you

Aldoer--welcome

krilkul--brave boy (a title for Pokemon Trainers. Female Trainers are called krilmon)

lovas--minstrel, storyteller, lorekeeper

Gaelic to English translator:

Tá áthas orm bualadh leat.--pleased to meet you

To be honest I saw your blog about them after I made that post, And I like how you're handling Blaze which is frankly much better charter development than what he was given in the Animé. also I think it's cool that you based The Charizard language loosely off the Elder Scrolls Draconic language, although truth be told I have never played Elder Scrolls.

@Charles Legend;

Interlude: Stories of Flames

The Charific Valley glowed brightly with the flames of Charizards and Charmeleons as the tribe welcomed Ash, Misty, and Brock to their ceremonial fire that evening. Even the Charmanders were darting about the valley floor, giggling as they wove through the three humans' feet.

As Liza arrived with meat and fruit for the tribe and their guests to enjoy, Pyroc stepped forward to address the tribe. [Hone, Keepers of the Valley! Tonight the Great Lord Arceus has seen fit to send visitors to our fire tonight!]

Cheers filled the air as a Charmeleon wearing a number of small rings on her claws and carrying a priest's staff approached the fire. [Great Arceus, we ask Your blessings on our fire this evening, and thank You for Your providence, shared with friends this evening.] she prayed before Liza put some meat over a cooking fire.

[While our dinner for the evening is being prepared, perhaps the human lovas wishes to share some of his stories?] Pyroc offered, noticing Brock tuning his guitar.

"You may want to hold off on the 'hero killing a dragon' stories, since you are telling for dragons, after all." Ash whispered as he toyed with a familiar silver tin whistle in his hands. Tintri was nearby, conversing with the Charmanders of the tribe.

Brock nodded, then started the first story that came to mind, aware all the while of Ash and Misty retrieving their own instruments as well. "Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a small village named Kotan. It was a happy place--the people laughed and sang as they plowed their fields, and the nearby river echoed with the calls of the fishermen. The chief elder of Kotan was renowned as a fine archer and hunter, and was often spotted leading hunting parties into the nearby forest."

The Charizards listened as Brock went on over a somber melody. "One night, as the elder and his family were blessing the food they had gathered from that day's journey into the forest, some old blankets that hung in the window suddenly began to glow a strange blue color. The chief elder remembered an old story his father had told him when he was young--long ago, Kotan was plagued by bandits, and the people often went hungry because the bandits took all the food. One night, a mysterious sword appeared in the starry sky, and cut down all the bandits. The people believed the sword was a holy blade from heaven, but imagine their sorrow when the sword also killed and wounded many of their own as well. No matter how many times they tried to get the sword away from Kotan, it would always return to kill and wound more."

Fearful murmurs raced through the crowd of Pokemon at this. "Finally, the seven elders of the village cast a spell of sealing on the sword, wrapped it in blankets, and hung it in the window of the chief elder's house, where they hoped it would remain for all time." Brock explained. "As the chief elder looked on at the glowing blankets in awe, the house was lit up in a brilliant blue, but when the light faded, the chief elder noticed that the cursed sword had left its scabbard. Sure enough, the next morning, several villagers were badly wounded, and those that were spared pleaded with the elders to do something. As his fellow elders debated what to do about the cursed sword, the chief elder vowed he too would do whatever he could to protect his people from the cursed blade."

[So what did he do?] one of the warrior Charizards asked.

[Peace, Magnar--the lovas will tell us the answer.] the Charmeleon priestess assured the antsy Charizard.

"First he tried leaving it in the forest, imploring Celebi and Shaymin to watch over it." Brock explained, acknowledging the warrior Charizard and the Charmeleon priestess with a nod. "But when he arrived back home, it was hanging in the window again. Then he tried burying it deep within the ground, and still the sword returned. Next, he tried throwing in the river, in hopes it would arrive in the ocean, and Manaphy would seal its dark powers. But even that didn't work."

The audience of Charmanders, Charmeleons, and Charizards waited to see what, if anything, could stop the cursed blade. "Finally, the chief elder called together the other elders of the village, and they traveled to a local shrine, where they asked Arceus for some way--any way at all--to get rid of the cursed sword." Brock continued. "But even then, the cursed sword's reign of terror continued."

A hopeful grin formed on his face to assure the jittery tribe all was not lost. "The elders prayed for seven days and seven nights in all, and on the seventh night, Arceus appeared to the chief elder in a dream, commanding him to drop the sword from a rock into a deep pool many miles away, casting a spell of sealing as it sank."

He went on "The next morning, the chief elder told his fellow elders about his dream, and explained he was going to find the deep pool and the rock Arceus had told him about." Brock explains as he walks around the stage, as if he is the elder. "However, Arceus did not give the exact location of the deep pool, and it wasn't long before the chief elder got horribly lost."

Laughter filled the air at this. "Finally, just as the sun began to set, he discovered the deep pool nestled in a forest, with the rock overlooking it, just as Arceus had said." Brock explained. "He climbed the rock, and started the spell of sealing..."

With that, he sang Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...

Misty grinned, and silently urged Brock to continue the familiar melody, but Brock had other ideas. "But this was as far as he got when the scabbard started to glow--the cursed sword was awakening!"

Gasps went up at the turn of events. "The chief elder panicked at first, but then a Buizel appeared, saying he would awaken the Dragonair that watched over the pool, and she would help him destroy the sword." Brock explained, quieting the fearful chatter. "The Buizel dove beneath the water, and after a few tense moments, the waters began to churn, and the great Dragonair surfaced. The chief elder then heaved the glowing scabbard into the water, casting the spell of sealing as it fell..."

He then sang the complete tune. Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

When the last note died, Brock announced "The Dragonair of the pool fired a Hyper Beam at the glowing scabbard, destroying the sword for good."

The crowd of Pokemon exploded into cheers as Brock concluded "The chief elder returned to Kotan a hero the next morning, and the tale of his adventure is still told among the residents of Kotan today."

The cheers intensified as Brock took a bow. [Wow! You really are as skilled as you say!] one Charizard raved.

[Tell us another!] a Charmander pleaded.

Brock thought for a moment. "Long ago, a fisherman and his wife--we'll call her Maya--lived on a tiny island not far off the coast of Kanto. They fished for Seaking and Magikarps, and every week, they sailed to town and sold their fish. They were poor, but they had food, cresting waves, the bright blue sky and each other's company."

"Aw"s go up as the crowd of Pokemon pictured the heartwarming scene. "This would've been all well and good if Maya had not longed for a Miltank more than anything else." Brock cautioned. "Her husband laughed at her dream. Maya knew a Miltank could not survive on their tiny island, but still she longed for warm milk and fresh butter and cheese."

"Mm"s go up in agreement. "One day, as they were cleaning Magikarps on the shore, a tiny boat rowed toward them." Brock continued

"Mother, have you any fresh milk?" he called in character as a young boy.

"Oh," he sighed in a mimic of a young girl for Maya, "we have no such treats. We have only fish to offer."

As himself, he narrated "The young man accepted Maya's offer, and rowed to shore."

"What's the name of your little rock here?" he asked as the boy.

"Dew Island," he replied in a younger version of himself for the husband.

"The dominion of the Prince of the Sea," he gasped as the boy. "So you live in Manaphy's realm. You must have everything you need and more."

As himself, he narrates "Maya's husband admitted that he'd never heard of Manaphy before."

"Oh, surely you've heard of him," he giddily cries as the boy. "Manaphy possesses every imaginable treasure in his kingdom at the bottom of the sea. He is rich beyond compare, and anyone who treats him kindly soon becomes rich too. He's temperamental, though. Anyone who dares offend him is soon sorry."

As himself, he continues "Just then, Maya remembered the stories of Manaphy that she had learned as a little girl. The young men ate heartily and said farewell, and Maya started to daydream of Manaphy. By the afternoon, she had devised a plan."

"Ooh"s went up in anticipation of what Maya and her husband would do. "They rowed out with their net, and when they reached the deep sea, Maya started to sing songs she remembered from those bedtime stories of yore." Brock continued as he fished a pitch pipe from his pocket. "She sang Manaphy's praises, but she added a twist of her own. She promised she would give Manaphy a feather from both Ho'oh and Lugia if only he would give her a Miltank."

After blowing a B note to establish what key he would be performing in as Maya, Brock started singing as Maya in a nonsense language that sounded like Gaelic. But after a few verses of the song in B minor, the audience of Charizards eagerly joined in on the chorus:

Hi rì him bò hill ò bha rò hò
Hi rì him bò hìrì ri ri ù
Hi rì him bo hill ò bha rò hò...

When the last thud of Brock's foot signaled the end of the song, Brock continued as himself "That night, as Maya and her husband slept, a fierce storm blew up from the sea. By dawn all was calm, and when Maya looked outside, she could not believe her eyes. The most beautiful Miltank in the world stood upon her shore. From that moment on, whenever either Maya or her husband wished for something, it was theirs. Their little island overflowed with milk, and every net was always filled with fish. They grew rich, and so they built a large house to replace their tiny cottage. Before long they had even hired people to help them with their work."

He then intoned "But one Miltank was not enough for Maya. Her husband protested, but Maya was not satisfied, and so once more she sang, until 30 Miltanks lived on their island. But then Maya decided she wanted a bigger island."

"There's nothing to do but build a dam and pump out the sea," he joked as the husband.

"Though Maya knew her husband was kidding, she decided she would do just that." he explained as himself. "She loaded their boat with rocks and sailed to sea."

Ash retrieved his whistle from his pocket before Brock continued "A musician went along with her to entertain her, but he played his flute so beautifully that Manaphy and all the sea Pokemon rose to the surface to listen."

With that, Ash played "The Meowth's Call" for effect. "Maya, not seeing them, began to throw her stones into the water to build her dam." Brock explained when the applause for Ash's performance died down. "One stone grazed a Milotic's cheek and another hit Manaphy's head. Suddenly, Maya's boat was spinning and bouncing as waves rose up and foam sprayed over her. Manaphy rose out of the water."

"Why do you throw stones at me?" he demanded in a higher pitched version of Ash for Manaphy.

"Your majesty, forgive me. It was a mistake." he pleaded as Maya.

"And where is the gold and silver you promised?" he asked as Manaphy.

"Your majesty, every day they are scattered upon the waves of the sea." he explained as Manaphy

As himself, he continued "But Manaphy was beyond furious. He blew a wind so hard that Maya was tossed from her boat. She flew through the sky and landed with a thud on the island. When she looked up, she saw her tiny cottage and her husband wearing his ragged old jacket, sitting on the shore mending a net."

He concluded "It dawned on Maya that her tiny cottage and her loving husband were all she really needed in the world."

The crowd of Charizards roared with applause as the group bowed together...

To Be Continued...

@Charles Legend;

Episode 20: The Fires of Love

The next morning, Pyroc led Blaze into a rugged part of the valley, where some of the warriors of the tribe had assembled. [Blaze, partner of a krilkul...] Pyroc began. [Is it true you wish to train here in the valley?]

[I do, great chief.] Blaze replied as Ash, Misty, and Brock looked on.

Pyroc nodded. [Very well..before we begin training in earnest, we will begin with a showcase of your skills, so I know where to start your training.]

He gestured to the line of warrior-Charizards. [These five are some of the tribe's best warriors--defeat them in a friendly match. You've met Magnar already...]

[I'm not going easy on you, suorra.] Magnar growled.

This angered Blaze. [How dare you call me a hatchling?]

[You have not lived in the wilds--only at a human's beck and call!] another one of the warriors agreed.

This angered Blaze even more. [I went with Ash because he did something great for me, and I wanted to do something equally great for him in return!] he protested. [I am more than a servant for a human!]

[Magnar, Scaldor, enough!] Pyroc commanded. [It is true that Blaze belongs to a krilkul, but he too is a Charizard like both of you, so treat him no differently from any of the other tamed ones that come here.]

Misty, meanwhile, was confused as Blaze and Scaldor began battling with Pyroc looking on. "Why would they be riling Blaze up like that?"

"It's a natural instinct of Charizards in the wild--to rile up tame ones so they can see the full force of the tamed one's power." Liza explained as Blaze heaved a Flamethrower at Scaldor.

[I have heard that when a lincesa like Blaze is sung to by the krilkul, one can evolve even further--is this true?] the Charmeleon priestess asked Pyroc as Blaze jumped to avoid a Dragon Claw from Scaldor.

[Yes--but the heart of the krilkul or krilmon determines how the tamed one will transform.] Pyroc explained as Blaze lunged to deliver a Fire Fang, but Scaldor took flight and knocked Blaze to the ground with an Air Slash. [If the human's heart is pure, so will the evolution be pure. But if one with an evil heart sings this song of power, so too will the Charizard turn black.]

Moments before Blaze could get back up and try to attack Scaldor again, a low tuba-like sound rang over the valley. "What was that?" Brock asked, curious.

[The war horns...] Scaldor replied as Blaze weakly got up. [We must go and help the other warriors drive back those that would overtake the valley!]

[But what about--!] Blaze protested.

[We will finish our fight later.] Scaldor assured Blaze before he flew off with Magnar and the other warriors. [I promise.]

"Let's go see what is going on!" Liza motioned for the group to follow her towards the valley center, where hundreds of the tribe's warriors spewed white hot flames at a horde of Onixes and Steelixes.

"I don't think Argent would be of much help..." Misty mused as a Steelix whacked away a Charizard warrior. Liza fired a flaming arrow to warn away a second one from approaching the wounded Charizard as he was taken to a cave designated as a medical area and a safe space for those too young to fight.

"I can help deflect an attack from the right!" Brock suggested as he took his own bow and prepared to fire.

Inspired, Misty heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Come on out, Pearl!" she called, revealing an elegant purple starfish Pokemon with a large ruby core.

You called? the Starmie asked telepathically.

"Freeze some of Brock's arrows with your Star Freeze!" Misty commanded.

[Haaaaaaa-aaaaaaaahh!] Pearl cried as she fired a rainbow beam from her core, freezing the arrowheads of some of Brock's arrows.

"Thanks, Pearl." Brock grinned as he fired his first shot, knocking an Onix backwards.

As he readied his next shot, he saw Ash arrive with Blaze. "Blaze doing okay?"

"I took him to the medical cave, and he should be able to help--" This was far as he got before a huge Steelix broke through the fiery defenses. [Fall back!] Magnar called as some of the warriors rushed to engage the giant rock snakes swarming into the valley.

Blaze watched in horror as an Onix whacked Scaldor to the ground. [I have to help!] he told Ash as he flew off to battle, moments before one of Liza's arrows brought down the Steelix that had breached the valley. [You okay?] he asked as he landed by Scaldor's side.

[I think so...] Scaldor wheezed. [I'm going to the safe haven--can I trust you to protect our chief?] he asked as Pyroc brought down another Steelix.

[Leave it to me!] Blaze smiled as one of Brock's icy arrows brought down Scaldor's assailant.

Just then, he gasped in horror at a huge Steelix about to attack Pyroc. [Look out!]

Ash gasped when he saw the size of the Steelix Blaze was facing. There's no way Blaze would be able to take a Steelix that big...I have to help!

He didn't know where the words came from, but he found himself singing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... making his chest and Blaze glow red.

The other Charizards, Liza, Misty, and Brock watched was Blaze was enveloped in a burst of red light. "H-how could Ash induce Blaze to Mega Evolve if he has no Mega Ring?" Misty gasped at the sudden turn of events.

"Ash's deep love for Blaze must've awakened his Heart Song, and allowed him to induce Blaze this once." Brock explained. "But in order for Ash to induce Blaze any time he wants, he does need a Mega Ring." He let that hang as Blaze emerged as a sleek bird-like Charizard with a pointed arrow-like head, thinner wings, and a thinner body better suited for fast flying.

[Ash! Be my eyes on the ground while I keep Rocky here away from Pyroc.] Blaze called as he flew to engage the Steelix.

"Okay!" Ash called back. "Watch out for that Thunderfang, and use Fire Fang!"

Blaze skillfully weaved around the massive steel snake that tried to bite him with sparking yellow teeth, then lunged to bite him with red hot fangs as he sped by. "Okay, now trap him with a Fire Spin!"

The other Charizards watched in awe as Blaze effortlessly flew around the Steelix, trapping it in a tornado of flames. [I don't believe it...Blaze and his krilkul are working as one entity!] Pyroc gasped.

He called to the other warriors [Everyone! Full power! The rock snake is trapped!]

---------

[I can't even begin to thank you for saving my life...and the life of the valley.] Pyroc began.

[Aw, it was nothing.] Blaze smiled. [I was only doing what any Charizard would do--the chief is the heart of a tribe--and without a chief to lead them, a tribe is helpless.]

A smile formed on Magnar's face. [Maybe you are wiser than you appear, Blaze.]

[My krilkul has taught me a lot.] Blaze replied. [But with the chief's permission, I would like to stay here and train.]

[I think the real question is, does your krilkul want you to stay here?] Pyroc asked, motioning for Ash.

"Blaze...if you want to stay here with the wild Charizards for a while, then stay." Ash assured Blaze as he choked back tears. "But whether you want to stay with me, or stay here in the valley, the choice is yours."

[I think it would be better if I did stay with the tribe.] Blaze replied as Ash tearfully hugged him. [I'll miss you, but I feel I can learn even more from my kin in the wild...although I'm only a whistle away if you need me.]

"Okay..." Ash replied as he hugged his friend for a teary goodbye....

To Be Continued...

Sorry for not replying sooner, I'm having issues with my Internet. Anyways I thought the last to chapters were interesting.

The only thing that I found odd was that Pyroc said Mega Charzard X is awaken by an evil heart, not that I see it as a bad direction just an odd choice. however over all I really enjoy reading your stories.

I however do apologize if you want a more of an analysis of your story, I never had very much experience with giving that sort of feedback.

Last edited:
I don't really look for detailed analysis in my reviews, just a person's thoughts and any questions, which you gave me here.

The reason why the Charizard tribe sees Mega X as evil is partly based on their lore and legends (since they have stories featuring black Charizards as bad guys, so this is one of those occasions where being Shiny is a bad thing), but it is also meant to set up a contrast between Alain's X and Ash's Y if/when I get around to writing an X/Y remix. (after I finish this, I have a D/P and B/W remix in the pipe as well)

Ah I see, well that's good to note I'm the same way, Although I don't like it when the efforts I put into building my story's world is outright ignored.

Ah I see where you're going with this, although for me I would find writing a story based off canon to be tricky. and cool, I look forward to reading those as well.

Those other remixes will be coming after this one, so I don't run the risk of juggling too many stories at once.

I've actually been planning an X/Y remix to follow those, but need a name for it.

As far as the next episode goes, Brock competes in his first Lore Stage!

@Charles Legend;

Episode 21: Once Upon a Sunny Day

"Still miss Blaze?" Misty asked as the group made their way down the road. It had been several days since Ash had bid Blaze, his faithful Charizard, farewell at the Charific Valley, but at the moment, the harsh sunlight beaming down on the trio was the first priority.

"A little, but taking that scenic route allowed me to reflect on what memories we shared together, and I think Blaze is where he needs to be right now." Ash replied as he stepped over a branch in the path. "Besides, he's only a whistle away if I need him."

"I'll never forget when you first taught him to come to you when you whistled." Brock smiled at a memory as he wiped the sweat from his brow. "I'll admit this heat kinda reminds me of him."

"That's not a memory of him I'd prefer to remember." Ash giggled, a little embarrassed over the memory of being on the receiving end of Blaze's Flamethrower. "But I would appreciate something to drink...."

"Here..." Brock offered Ash a can of Fizzo. "It's not fresh water, but it'll do until we get to a river and refill our water bottles, or a PokeMart, so we can get some more water."

"Good thing a case of 36 is only 400 credits..." Misty agreed. "But for now, keep an eye and an ear open for a water source!"

Ash nodded, opened the can of Fizzo, and took a long drink before he heard water trickling in the distance. "Water!" he called, pointing out a leaking pipe gushing out water.

"Finally!" Misty made a beeline to the pipe, but stopped in her tracks when she saw a dull green haired girl in a straw hat arriving to fix the leak.

"Excuse me, but we ran out of water on the road, and we're not sure how far the next town is, so can you let us get some water before you fix the pipe?" Ash asked.

"Sure!" the girl replied, allowing Ash and Misty to get close and refill the group's water bottles. "This pipe is connected to my greenhouse's watering system, so it's safe for human, as well as Sunflora, consumption."

"Thanks!" Misty replied as Brock arrived to fill his share of the water bottles. "I'm Misty, and these two are my companions Ash and Brock."

"Hello there..." Brock smiled at the girl as he worked, at the same time trying to keep himself composed, aware that Misty would drag him away or one of her Pokemon would spray him if he launched into a romantic euphoria over the girl.

"Hi." Ash grinned as he offered Tintri some of the fresh water.

"Nice to meet you all." the girl smiled as she went to work fixing the pipe. "My name's Sonrisa--if you're looking for a town to restock on supplies and rest, my hometown of Bloomingvale is not far from here."

"Thank you for the offer, but where does the pipe you're fixing get to, if you don't mind my asking?" Ash wondered.

"It's part of a massive system of pipes that brings fresh water down from the mountains so I can keep my Sunfloras happy." Sonrisa replied. "Would you like to come to the house and see them?"

"Sure!" Misty replied.

Piqued, Ash consulted his Pokedex as the group followed Sonrisa up the hill. "Sunflora, the sun Pokemon. As the hot season approaches, the petals on this Pokemon's face become more vivid and lively."

---------

"Here we are!" Sonrisa smiled as she led the way into the greenhouse, where hundreds of sunflower-like Pokemon giggled and sang as they soaked up the sunlight and soft mist falling on them and the other flowers and plants.

"It's beautiful...and all these Sunflora look so happy." Misty smiled as she admired the rows of plants and Sunfloras.

"I keep them watered every day so that when the Sunflora Festival comes around every summer, the crowds love them enough for a prize." Sonrisa explained as she checked on a singing Sunflora, then adjusted the mist flow so the sunflower-like Pokemon wouldn't get too wet. "Other Sunflora breeders will try other things to keep their Sunfloras happy, like personal performers or training regimens, but as for me, I believe all you need is a little sun, a little water, just a tiny bit of fertilizer, and a lot of love--although they do appreciate a nice conversation too."

"I guess there's a grain of truth in talking to plants..." Ash mused as he admired a ring of exotic plants surrounding a clump of Sunflora.

"One of the events during the festival is a Lore Stage--the Sunflora especially love hearing the different storytellers that come from around the world to perform."

"I plan on performing in the Lore Stage, so mind if I practice some of my material on them?" Brock asks, concerned over a Sunflora in one pot that frowned.

"Let me try telling a joke or two to cheer that sad Sunflora up!" Ash suggested before asking the Sunflora "Where did the Meowths go on their field trip?"

[Where?] the drooping Sunflora asked.

"To the meow-seum!" Ash replied, to a vocal rimshot from Brock.

While all the other Sunfloras, Misty, Tintri, and Sonrisa howled with laughter over Ash's corny joke, the drooping Sunflora sighed. [That was funny, I guess.]

"That was a pretty good joke, Ash!" Misty giggled. "Try another one!"

Ash thought for a moment, then asked the drooping Sunflora "Did you hear about the mummies who went to the theater?

[No, what happened?] the Sunflora asked.

"They gave the actors stage fright!" Ash announced, to a vocal rimshot from Brock.

The other Sunfloras howled with laughter, but the drooping Sunflora only sighed. "Maybe we need to try something besides jokes..." Sonrisa mused.

"How about a song?" Brock suggested, reaching for his guitar case.

"I appreciate the thought, but it's getting late." Sonrisa replied, pointing out the sunset overhead and the yawning Sunfloras as they closed up for the night. "Maybe Sunny will perk up if I bring her to the Lore Stage in the morning..."

"Oh, so that one's name is Sunny..." Misty mused.

"Worth a shot--I think she would like what I have planned to perform." Brock agreed as the group departed.

---------

"...and they all lived happily for a long time, proving that one hour of joy dispels the cares and sufferings of a thousand years." a girl concluded her story as the crowd in the Bloomingvale Town square applauded.

"Let's see how the Sunfloras liked that story..." the Lore Stage host announced as a group of Sunfloras smiled over the story that had heard, but their combined happiness only filled a rainbow icon on the scoreboard halfway. "They seemed to like it, but it's not enough for a stripe."

"Here we go--Brock's the next one to perform." Misty smiled, giddy over seeing Brock's first Lore Stage performance.

"He should have no trouble if he is as good as he says he is." Sonrisa assured Misty as the stage was cleared for the next competitor.

"Number K-93098, performing the tale 'Kitsune and Moltres'" the announcer told the crowd as Brock made his way onto the stage.

"Break a leg, Brock!" Misty called. Ash whistled in agreement.

Once all was quiet, Brock began "Once upon a time there was a king who had a garden, and in that garden stood a Leppa Berry tree that produced one crystal Leppa Berry every day. But when the time came to pick it, it somehow disappeared, and no one knew who took it or where they had taken it."

Intrigued murmurs wafted through the crowd at this. "Now, this king had three sons, and so one day he called them together, and told them that whoever could find the Leppa Berries, or catch the thief would inherit the kingdom after him, no ifs, ands, or buts." Brock explained. "So the eldest son--whose name isn't important--set out first on this quest, and after going a little ways, sat down under a tree, keeping an eye out for the thief all the while."

He intoned "That night, the firebird Moltres came flying, and you could see her fiery feathers gleaming from a long ways off; but when the eldest son saw Moltres, he was struck with both awe and terror at the same time, and hurried back into the palace as fast as he could go."

The Sunfloras and the crowd giggled as they imagined the comical scene. "The next morning, the Leppa Berry was gone." Brock continued. "By that time the eldest son had regained his composure, and packed his bags in hopes he could find Moltres. So the king gave him everything he could possibly need or want, sparing no expense."

Awed murmurs filled the air as the crowd imagined what the eldest prince could have received. "After the eldest son had gone a little ways, he got hungry, and sat down to eat his dinner by the side of the road." Brock explained, walking around the stage area as he spoke. "As he was eating, the wily Delphox Kitsune emerged from some underbrush and sat by him."

"Please, milord, won't you share some of your food with me?" he asked in a mimic of a young woman for Kitsune.

"Go get your own! This food's mine!" he snapped back in a mimic of Gary for the eldest prince, making Ash chuckle.

"All right, I will." Brock replied as Kitsune.

As himself, he continued "With that, Kitsune disappeared in a flash of fire. After the eldest son had rested, he set off on his way again. Before long, he came to a great town, and in that town was an inn, where there was always smiles and never tears. He thought it a good spot to rest for the night, and went inside. But there was so much dancing, music, games, food, and pretty girls to go around, he forgot all about Moltres, his father, his quest, and the whole kingdom."

"Ooh"s filled the air as Brock went on "The next day, the middle son decided to set out, but the same thing happened to him, and he too forgot all about Moltres, his father, the quest, and the whole kingdom."

"So what did the youngest prince do?" a girl asked as she held a balloon close.

"The next day, the youngest son--whose name was Brian--set out in search of Moltres." Brock replied. "After traveling for a while, he sat down to eat dinner, and just as he was about to dig in, Kitsune emerged from the underbrush and sat down by him."

"Please, milord, won't you share some of your food with me?" he asked as Kitsune again.

"Of course, Lady Kitsune--I'd be happy to share what I have." he smiled in a mimic of Ash.

Misty grinned. "No matter how many times Brock mimics you, Ash--it never gets old!"

"I'm still awed that he learned to mimic me after only hearing me once." Ash mused. "But then again, he's got the talent for it."

Back on the stage, Brock went on "After Kitsune had eaten and drank her fill, she asked Prince Brian where he was going. Prince Brian told Kitsune everything."

"If you will listen to me, I will help you, in return for your helping me." he offered as Kitsune.

As himself, he continued "Prince Brian promised to listen to Kitsune's every word, and so they set off together. After they had traveled for a while, they came to the same town and the same inn where there was always smiles and never tears. Kitsune told Prince Brian what his brothers had done, and what they were still doing."

"If you go in there, you'll go no farther. Understand?" he warned as Kitsune.

He continued as himself "Prince Brian told Kitsune that he understood, and the two of them continued onward, past the inn. When they had gone on a ways, they saw a huge hill way off in the distance."

"Three hundred miles behind that hill grows a gilded tree with golden leaves, and in that tree Moltres roosts." he explained as Kitsune, pointing off to the north for effect.

As himself, Brock continued "So they traveled there together, and as they approached the tree, Kitsune gave Prince Brian some whistling grass, and taught him a little melody to call Moltres--once Moltres heard the song, she would come and perch on his hand."

He paused to pick a suitable blade of grass. "But Kitsune also told Prince Brian to be careful to not touch the tree, for a fearsome troll owned it, and if Prince Brian touched even the tiniest twig, the troll would come and kill him right there."

Fearful gasps filled the crowd as Brock shaped the blade of grass into a grasswhistle. "So Prince Brian blew on the whistling grass..."

Misty immediately recognized the melody Brock played on his grasswhistle. "That's the Pidgeot summoning melody Arran uses in 'The Song Mage Chronicles'!"

"Oh, you guys like that TV show too?" Sonrisa asked. "Sunny and the other Sunfloras like it when I read the episode novelizations to them."

"Yeah--Jelan's my favorite." Ash replied. "He looks cool with a bow, and knows how to play a mean flute!"

"...but when he had gotten Moltres to perch on his fist, he accidentally brushed against one of the tree's branches. But this was enough to awaken the troll." Brock's voice snapped Ash back to the performance in progress.

"WHO IS IT THAT STEALS MY TREE AND MY BIRD?" he roars in one of his deep "monster" voices, to the screams of fear and delight from the children in the audience.

"Thieves think everyone is a thief, but the ones that die don't steal right." he snapped back as Prince Brian.

He interjected as himself "The troll realized that our hero had a point, and so he decided to spare Prince Brian."

"If you can bring me the Legendary shining steed Epona, which one of my neighbors has stolen from me, I will let you go free." he offered in a gentle deep voice, signalling that the troll is in a happier mood.

"Where is he?" he asked as Prince Brian.

'He lives three hundred miles beyond the hill that looks blue in the sky." he replied as the troll.

He narrated as himself "So Prince Brian promised to do his best. But when he met Kitsune, she was not in a very good mood."

"I'm very disappointed in you, milord." he scolded an imagined person as Kitsune. "Had you done as I had told you, we would have been on our way home by now. But as this was an accident, and you have both confessed this wrong and made a promise to make things right, I forgive you."

"Aw"s went up as Brock went on "So they went on their way. After a very long time they got to the hill in question."

"When you come into the stable, you will see many bits hanging on the stalls, some made of silver, and others made of gold." he explained as Kitsune. "Please try not to touch them, or the troll will kill you right there. But there is one bit that is only a humble iron bit--you are to take that one."

He continued as himself "Prince Brian told Kitsune he would do as she said, but as he was leading Epona from the stables, he accidentally brushed against a stray gold bit, which awakened the troll."

The audience braces itself for Brock to use his "troll" voice again, but Brock decides to narrate the next scene for the sake of time. "Just like before, Prince Brian appeased the troll with a bit of wisdom, and the troll made him an offer: if he could bring her Princess Chelsea, the most beautiful lady in the world, he would let our hero go free."

The children in the audience whispered with excitement over the mention of a princess. "Kitsune was even more annoyed this time, but forgave Prince Brian anyway, as this too was an accident." Brock assured the crowd. "So they set off anew, and after a long, long time they came to the hill where Princess Chelsea was."

"I know you were the one that promised to make things right, but for your sake, you must remain here. I will go on your behalf." he intoned as Kitsune.

He noticed the judges giving him a "hurry" signal, so he condensed some events to save time. "So Kitsune went inside, and returned with Princess Chelsea some moments later. After retracing their steps back the way that had come. When they came back to the troll who had Epona, Kitsune transformed herself into an exact copy of Princess Chelsea, which Prince Brian exchanged for Epona and a crystal bit while the real Princess Chelsea waited outside. When they got to the troll who owned the miracle tree and Moltres, Kitsune transformed herself into an exact copy of Epona, which Prince Brian exchanged for both of them while Princess Chelsea and the real Epona waited outside."

He then intoned "But not even Kitsune knew of the ambush that waited for Prince Brian. As they neared the town with the inn, she watched in horror as Brian was ambushed by his own brothers, put in a barrel and cast him into a lake, and his treasures taken from him. But Princess Chelsea wouldn't say a word, Epona refused to eat anything, Moltres didn't burn so bright as before, and the miracle tree wilted."

"That's not very nice!" a boy protested before his mother quieted him.

Brock quickly assured the antsy crowd "Meanwhile, Kitsune swam out into the lake as fast as she could, retrieved the barrel, and brought it on shore. Then she gently levitated our hero out of the barrel, assessed him for injuries, and assured him that even she did not know he would be ambushed, and so the whole ordeal was not his fault."

He went on "They went together to the royal palace, and when they arrived, Princess Chelsea smiled for the first time in several days, Epona whinnied for joy and eagerly gorged on all the grain and hay given to her. Moltres burned brightly again, and sang before the whole court..."

With that, he sang in a mimic of Misty Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

Applause went up as the last note drifted into the sky. "As the last note of Moltres' song rang through the palace, the miracle tree burst into bloom again." Brock went on as himself. "When the king asked to know how everything could have recovered in a matter of moments, Princess Chelsea replied..."

"This is he who set us free!" he explains in a mimic of Sonrisa for Princess Chelsea, to the real Sonrisa's delight.

As himself, he continues "So they planted the miracle tree in the royal garden, and Prince Brian received Princess Chelsea's hand in marriage. As for the two elder brothers, they were stripped of their claim to the throne and banished from the land, never to return on pain of death."

He concluded "The wedding was a grand affair, and it was all the more beautiful when Kitsune arrived to grant her blessings on the happy couple."

"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!" the crowd cheered as Brock took a bow for the crowd. But Ash and Misty gasped when they saw a smile form on Sunny's face. "I can't believe it...Sunny's smiling again!" Sonrisa gasped.

[What an AMAZING story!] Sunny raved. [I wanna hear more, more, more!!!!!]

Sunny's renewed enthusiasm caused the scoreboard to display a full rainbow--a sign that Brock had won the competition! "Your friend has amazing talent!" Sonrisa raved as the judges arrived to pin a red stripe to Brock's vest.

"I know--and why we look forward to camping every night." Misty agreed.

---------

"I can't even begin to thank you for bringing Sunny's smile back." Sonrisa smiled as she set Sunny's pot back with the other Sunfloras. "Your story was just the encouragement she needed for tomorrow!"

"Even though we can't stay, just tell Sunny we wish her good luck in the competition." Ash replied.

Brock knelt down by Sunny. "I'm glad you liked my tale...I'll try and come tell for you again sometime, okay?"

[Well, when you do, I can't wait to hear what story you'll tell next time!] Sunny replied, to everyone's laughter as the sun set on a joyful day...

To Be Continued...

I kind of recall the espisode. and truth be told Sunflora are one of my favorite Pokémon, indeed in TPM's ASB I have one named 'Girasol' which is the spanish word for Sunflower... I find it interesting you decided to call the money they use credits.

Last edited:
I figure it's not explicitly named in the games or the show, so I just call it credits (although the PMD world does call it "Poke")

This episode got a lot of cuts, since Team Rocket featured prominently in the plot, but since I don't want them to appear just yet, it got majorly rewritten into Brock's Lore Stage debut.

Next time is "Chikorita's Big Upset"--so if you want to see Lyra and Hana again, stay tuned!

If you're curious, Fizzo is my imagined equivalent of Coke or Pepsi in the Pokeworld; and "The Song Mage Chronicles" is a popular in universe fantasy adventure cartoon that the gang likes to watch.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom