• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Moonlight Silver (COMPLETE!!!)

Right I'm sorry for not replying, even though I have read all the chapters you posted so far. although their is really not much to say since I personally don't see any mistakes, truth be told I'm not very good at spotting issues. besides I really like how you are prorating the charters, for example the way in which you show a strong bond between Ash and his Pokémon.

I'm sorry if this does not help you to improve as a writer, however I can't really say I find anything I don't like about this story, then again that may be becuse I have not read a whole lot of stories here, to be honest even if I did find something wrong I personally would try my best to explain in such a way as to not hurt your feelings.

@Charles Legend

Episode 45: Dundee's First Love (part 1)

After bidding Miki and her family goodbye, the group had no problem meeting up with Ethan and Lyra. The walk since their meeting had taken the five travelers under a forested canopy. After following the winding path under the trees for a while, they emerged onto another stretch of open road nearby a lake.

"We should be coming up on Lake Cobalt over on the left..." Brock reminded the group as they rounded the bend near the lake.

"Perfect spot for a picnic, actually." Lyra agreed. "Anybody need a break from walking?"

"I do...it's getting hot." Ash complained as he wiped the sweat from his brow.

"We're right here by the lake, so I have no problem making camp here." Misty assured Lyra before heaving four of her five Poke Balls skyward. "Come out out, guys! Break time!"

"What about the fifth Pokemon?" Lyra wondered as she watched Michelle make a flying leap into the water. "It deserves some swim time too."

"Well, a Lapras would take up the whole lake, so I only get Aurora out near the beach." Misty assured Lyra.

"That's fair." Lyra replied before returning to her waiting picnic supplies.

"River, you too!" Ash heaved the Poke Ball with his Marill skyward.

"Dundee, come on out!" Ethan called as he tossed the Poke Ball containing his Totodile skyward.

Dundee yawned as he materialized on the grass, but perked up when he saw the forms of Magikarps swimming beneath the lake surface. [Look at me! I'm a TV star!] he called to Ethan as he proceeded to spray water at the Magikarps, juggling them like balls.

Misty couldn't help smiling at Dundee's juggling act. "Well! If Dundee wants to go on a talent show on TV, let him--he's got the perfect act!"

"I dunno--my biggest fear is if he gets stage fright on 'Johto's Got Talent'." Ethan mused.

Just then, Dundee was snapped to attention by a female voice in the distance. [Floating in the sky, just like the silver moon
Although I try to reach you, I can't hold you, and you slip away...]

Piqued, Dundee followed the song to another part of the lake shore, where a blue and white spotted rabbit-like Pokemon with similar features to a Marill was singing the song:

[From within the darkness, I reach for the future
Although I call out for you, my voice only fades away...]

Dundee's eyes turned to hearts over the rabbit Pokemon and her song. She's so beautiful! I'm gonna do a little dance for her!

With that, he dashed out before the rabbit Pokemon and proceeded to tap dance to a melody only he seemed to hear. The rabbit Pokemon, however, was unimpressed with the dancing Totodile before her, so she sprayed him with a Water Gun before walking off in a huff, to Dundee's despair.

---------

Meanwhile, the five humans and some of their other Pokemon had settled in to enjoy the mini sandwiches Lyra had packed, when a rustle in the bushes got Misty's attention. "Huh?"

She gasped when a Golduck with glowing dark blue feathers and a red beak and webbing emerged from the brush. "A Shiny Golduck!"

"Before you get too excited, I would wait to see if anyone owns that Shiny Golduck first." Brock cautioned as the Shiny Golduck peeked in several more bushes and behind trees, as if looking for someone or something.

Just then an auburn haired girl emerged from the brush with a Pidgey not far behind her. "Any luck, Wave?" she asked the Golduck as the Pidgey perched on her shoulder.

[Not so far...I've checked every place Breeze said to check.] the Golduck sighed.

"Please leave the guitar behind..." Misty hissed as Brock got up from the table to introduce himself, desperately hoping Brock would not try to sing to a girl that was in obvious distress.

"Hi there--my name's Brock." Brock began as he approached the girl. "Is there something I can do for you?"

A hopeful look formed on the girl's face. "My name's Trixie--nice to meet you. "Have you happened to see any Azumarills around here?"

Brock then emerged with a familiar guitar in hand, making Misty facepalm. "I may not have seen any Azumarills around here, but please, have a song to inspire your search!"

With that, he started a familiar introduction, oblivious to Trixie's confused look and Misty storming in his direction. It's of a jolly beggarman came tripping o'er the plain,
He came unto a castle fair, a lodging for to gain
His Royal Highness, he came down and viewed him cheek and chin
He said, 'You are a handsome man, of course I'll take you in...!

"You'll do no more a-singin', Mr. Balladeer!" Misty snapped as she dragged Brock back to the table, guitar and all. "She looks clearly distressed, and the best you can do is sing one of your stupid ballads?"

Trixie stifled a giggle at Misty ranting before Ash spoke up. "Forgive Brock, Miss Trixie--he just likes to serenade any girl he can find."

He then changed the subject. "May I ask what you're looking for?"

"I'm looking for my Azumarill, Meri." Trixie explained as the Azumarill from before tiptoed behind her master's legs. "Have you seen her?"

Piqued, Ash decided to consult Dexter:

"Azumarill, the aqua rabbit Pokemon. By keeping still and listening intently, it can tell what is in even wild, fast-moving rivers."

"Cool!" Ash smiled.

He heard Dundee making kissy noises at Meri, but Meri just turned her head away.

---------

"Here we are, gang--the Cirque Jubilee!" Trixie smiled as she made a grand gesture to a large blue and white circus tent and several smaller tents in the distance.

"Wow..." the group gasped as they looked out at the sprawling grounds.

"It's beautiful!" Lyra raved.

"Thank you--I've enjoyed the circus and performing since I was very little, so it only made sense I taught all my Pokemon to do tricks." Trixie replied. "However, over the last week or so, I've had trouble with Meri, who has been acting weird since Wave joined the troupe."

Elsewhere, Brock had decided to pitch in in setting up the show. "Okay, Dundee--think you can fill this swimming pool for the high dive act?" he asked the excited Totodile, gesturing to a large inflatable swimming pool that had just been inflated.

[Okay!] Dundee replied before taking a deep breath and unleashing a Water Gun, filling up the pool. [Be right back!] he called before hurrying off.

"What are you--!" Brock asked before he saw Dundee return with Meri, and set her in the pool. He then winced as Meri sprayed Dundee, then stormed off.

"I'm confused...why would Dundee be suddenly obsessed with this Azumarill?" Ethan wondered as he retrieved Dundee and dried him off.

"Maybe he's falling in love?" Misty suggested.

A grin formed on Ethan's face. "There's an idea...who would've thunk Pokemon could develop crushes too?"

---------

"And now, here's Meri the Marvelous and her amazing water juggling act!" Trixie announced, to thunderous applause from a large crowd as a spotlight appeared on Meri, who was juggling a set of seven balls with a single Water Gun.

"Whoa! She's good!" Ash raved.

Misty noticed Dundee squirming to get free from Ethan's arms. "Dundee's being antsier than usual..."

"He's--!" Ethan started before Dundee wriggled free from his arms and made a beeline for the stage! "Dundee! NOOOOOOO!!!"

He watched as Dundee eagerly danced for the crowd a little, but when someone threw a Tamato Berry at him in an attempt to get him offstage, he eagerly sprayed it with a Water Gun, proceeding to juggle it himself.

The crowd roared with laughter and eagerly threw more Berries for Dundee to juggle. [Fine--if that lovesick Totodile wants to upstage me, he can have the stage!] Meri grumbled before storming off with a huff.

Back in the audience, Ash took the lights going down as an opportunity to capture Dundee. "Come on, Ethan--if we're gonna get Dundee off the stage, now's our chance!"

"Right!" Ethan replied and followed Ash to a stage entrance. He was already embarrassed enough that Dundee had upstaged the scheduled acts, but deep down, he feared he would be even more embarrassed by being roped into an act.

Neither of the boys realized that Dundee had finished juggling Berries and had dashed off after Meri until they felt spotlights appear on them and a recording of the Johto reel "The Chorus Line" blared into the air, making both boys freeze in their tracks.

Inspired, Ash decided to shuffle-step in time to the beat. When in Orre... Ethan sighed as he too mimicked Ash's shuffle-stepping, making sure to mimic every kick, roll step, toe step, and jump his friend did. To the crowd, it looked like the two boys onstage had been trained in traditional dancing for years, when in actuality, they were only making up the steps as they went along.

Even Lyra was impressed as the reel "Goldenrod House" began. "Wow...I didn't know Ash and Ethan knew how to step dance!"

"They don't--they're only making it up as they go." Misty replied, trying oh-so-hard not to laugh at Ash's and Ethan's awkward smiles as they "danced" to the song.

The song ending and the boys taking a relieved bow gave her an idea. "Okay Brock--now you can sing one of your folktale ballads while Ash and Ethan look for Dundee."

"You got it!" Brock replied as he hurried off, guitar in tow.

Ash motioned for Ethan to follow him backstage as Brock started the introduction to the ballad he had tried to sing before, making the audience clap along. "Brock's got the audience busy, let's find Dundee!"

"Right behind you." Ethan smiled. "Although...that step dancing cover was a good idea, even if we were making up the steps on the fly."

"The sooner we find Dundee, the better." Ash muttered as he heard Brock lead the ballad's chorus on the stage:

We'll go no more a roving, a roving in the night
We'll go no more a roving, let the moon shine so bright
We'll go no more a roving...

To Be Continued...

@Charles Legend

Episode 46: Dundee's First Love (part 2)

Elsewhere, Team Rocket watched Ash and Ethan's awkward dance and Brock's epic ballad from the safety of a bush. "So, the two hat boys fancy themselves dancers, do they..." Jessie smiled. "Maybe if we just grabbed that Azumarill and the hat-twerp's Pikachu, we could start our own little traveling show..."

"And Robin Hood twerp also fancies himself a rock star...interesting." James smiled, bemused over Brock singing and playing guitar on the stage.

"I dunno, you guys...I don't want my tail used as a chew toy..." Meowth was unsure about his human companions' idea.

A smile formed on his face. "I would, however, be game for a soykis if I got ta announce da acts rather dan bein' an act."

"All right, what would you put in our traveling show if we let you announce the acts?" Jessie was intrigued.

"It'd be a show for da ages--not jus' for da admins and da boss, but truly da greatest show on oith!" Meowth replied, slipping into a daydream of a crowd of Rockets entering a huge circus tent, with the four admins and Giovanni in a private box overlooking the center ring. "And it wouldn't be jus' you guys and any swiped Pokemon handlin' da acts--any of da grunts dat could perform could join in!"

"Okay...so what kind of acts do you think Archer, Ariana, Petrel, and Proton would like?" James asked as the Meowth in the daydream announced Meri doing her juggling act, to "aw"s and laughter from the Rockets in the audience.

"Lessee here...Archa likes big spectacle, so any acrobatical act would be poifect!" Meowth replied as in his daydream, Jessie, as a trapeze artist, performed a graceful somersault over the crowd and stuck the landing, to Archer's ecstatic applause.

"Ariana loves da teater, so any sort of tricks with actin' will do for her." Meowth mused as in his daydream, James proceeded to perform a Pyroar taming act with a story.

"Petrel likes magic acts and illusions...." Meowth mused as a Rocket magician appeared on the stage. "But don't tink we're jus' pullin' Bunearies out of a hat--dese will be tricks so amazin' you have ta see'em to believe'em!" The Petrel in the daydream gasps in awe as the young magician performs a clothing change trick.

"Protons' da techno-geek, so anyting with video game music and lasas will do for him." The daydream shows some more acrobats doing an elegant aerial dance to a techno version of The Legend of Zelda theme, to the Proton in the dream's awe.

In the present, Meowth sighed dreamily as he imagined his circus. "That's actually a good idea, Meowth--let's move out and get those Pokemon, and we'll make your dream circus come true." Jessie's voice snapped the tiny cat-Pokemon back to reality.

"Okay--right behind ya!" Meowth replied as he hurried to catch up to his companions.

---------

"I'm so sorry Dundee upstaged your act, Trixie." Ethan apologized some time later, after the show had ended. "I don't know what got into him, but he seems obsessed with your Azumarill for some reason..."

"It's okay--you and your friends are pretty talented yourselves." Trixie replied.

"Speaking of Dundee, where did he get to?" Misty wondered.

"Last I checked, I gave him to Brock to try and talk some sense into him, but I think he's only making the problem worse..." Ethan groaned as he looked over towards a tree, where Brock was talking to Dundee.

"If you want a girl to like you, they love getting gifts." Brock explained. "So why don't you try giving Meri some of the Pokechow I made yesterday?"

[Okay!] Dundee smiled as Brock gave him three balls of Pokechow, then hurried over to the lakeshore, where Meri was resting. [Would you like a snack? Fresh Pokechow?] he asked, offering Meri one of the balls.

[No thanks--I wouldn't want to spoil my dinner] Meri replied as she got up to leave.

[Aw...] Dundee sighed. But his sadness turned to horror when he saw a large net come down onto Meri! [Meri! I'll save ya, sweetheart!] he called before hurrying off after the net

Horrified at seeing Meri captured, and Dundee's heroic efforts to grab at the net as it was dragged through the grass, Brock fumbled for his referee's whistle. I never thought I'd have to use the alert signal I once learned as a scout, but this is an emergency!

With that, he blew a single long blast, sending Ash, Misty, Ethan, and Lyra hurrying to the shoreline. "What happened?" Ethan asked, his heart pounding in fear as he watched Dundee grab at the net.

"I was trying to teach Dundee some proper behavior around a lady when I saw a net come out of nowhere and take Meri." Brock explained. "Dundee chased after it, and is still trying to grab at it."

Ash growled as a familiar Meowth balloon appeared in the sky, allowing Dundee to see that the net was attached to the basket. "I knew Team Rocket would catch up to us sooner or later..."

"Your little friend can try all he wants, but it won't be worth the trouble." Jessie smirked as Dundee tried to jump onto the net.

"And should he fall from the sky, he pain will be double!" James agreed.

With that, the two Rockets began the all-too-familiar motto:

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"And unite all peoples within our nation..."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket! Blast off at the speed of light!

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! Dat's right!"

"Errrgh...Tintri, use Thunderbolt!" Ash called.

"Not today, hat-boy!" Meowth sneered as he trapped Tintri inside a shock-proof jar. "You want him? Come and get him!"

"Tintri!" Ash called as the balloon flew away.

[I'll save them both!] Dundee vowed as he hurried off in the direction the balloon was going. [Even if I have to go to the end of the world to do it!]

"No!" Ethan gasped as he and Ash hurried off after Dundee. "Dundee, it's too dangerous! Please, come back!"

---------

"Well...we got back Dundee, and then lost him again..." Ethan sighed a few hours later, as he and Ash returned to the camp near the shore, where the group had gathered to plan their next move.

"But we need to get back Tintri and Meri..." Ash sighed as he shared a tearful embrace with Trixie.

He then turned his cap back. "Trixie...you have our word we will do everything we can to save Meri, okay?"

"Well, we can't do any rescuing while we're having one big pity party!" Misty grumbled. "I know it hurts to lose a Pokemon, but we can't sit here and cry all night! We have to do something!"

"So what do you suggest, Lady Misty?" Brock asked, bowing before Misty as if she were a knight.

"Let's begin our search on the other side of the lake, in the direction the balloon went--the Rockets can't have gone very far." Misty began as Ash helped her break camp.

"Breeze, try to search from the air, and tell us if you see any sign of those hoodlums that Poke-napped Meri." Trixie instructed her Pidgey.

"If we find the balloon, I'll be happy to pop it again." Brock grinned as he retrieved his archery gear, put out the campfire, and followed Misty and the others into the brush...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
While I can understand were you are coming from, however I am playing it safe so as to not get charbroiled again. the last thing I need is to become an exiled fool.

Anyways like I said I really enjoy the way you handle the charters and not just the human ones ether, to be honest when I read stories I tend to like stories that are light hearted with some funny moments such as Ash and Ethan tap dancing. rather than stuff full of gore and violence.

Thanks--that scene just asked to be written after reading the summary of the real episode, and I thought that would be way more funnier than them catching fruit, so I left the fruit/Berry catching to Dundee (the Totodile), and decided to add in a little Looney Tunes-esque humor by having music catch them off guard, and in an attempt to entertain the crowd, they try to dance, never mind they don't have a clue how to do any traditional dancing.

If you're curious, they tried dancing to this set.

Last edited:
@Charles Legend;

Episode 47: Dundee's First Love (part 3)

Meanwhile, Team Rocket made themselves at home in a log cabin, complete with the captive Pikachu and Azumarill. "Come on Meri, do the water juggling act?" Jessie pleaded.

[No--I have no business with hoodlums like you.] Meri replied.

"Or, do a ribbon dance?" James asked, dangling a ribbon before Meri.

[No.] Meri replied. This continued for a while:

"Balance on a ball for us?"

[No.]

"Do a trapeze act?"

[No.]

"The Pokemon pyramid?"

[No.]

"We'll make you a dinner fit for royalty if you do something for us...."

[No.]

Annoyed, Jessie stormed over to the defiant Azumarill and lifted a hand to slap her. "Fine, we're done being nice! If you don't do as we ask, we'll give you a reason to obey!"

Moments before Jessie could slap Meri, she was doused in a wave of water. [She doesn't WANT to obey you crooks!] Dundee cried as he dashed into the cabin and stood between Jessie and the frightened Azumarill. [If you dare hurt her, you'll have to answer to me!]

"Can it, chompa!" Meowth growled as he jumped Dundee and tied him up tightly. "Let's see ya try to bite tru dis rope!"

---------

"Meri!" Trixie called as the group made their way through the brush.

"Tintri!" Ash was next to call.

"Dundee!" Ethan called before sighing. "It's no use, guys...we're never gonna find them at this rate."

He saw tears shining in Ash's eyes. "I know...I want Dundee back as much as you want Tintri back and Trixie wants Meri back, but we're not going to get anywhere running on no sleep."

"Ethan has a point." Brock agreed as the group arrived in a small field. "Let's just make camp for now, and plan our next move for in the morning."

Ash sighed. "Okay...but if Team Rocket has hurt Tintri in any way, shape, or form when we find him, I'm gonna make them pay dearly!"

---------

[Meri?] Tintri whispered from his cage. [You awake?]

[Yeah...] Meri sniffled as she looked out at the moon. [I'm just scared, and worried...what are those hoodlums gonna do to us? Will our masters ever find us?]

Tintri eased a Kleenex box over by his cage, took one, and tried to offer it to Meri. [Here...can you reach this?]

[Thank you...] Meri sobbed before blowing her nose with a soft honk.

[I know our masters are out there.] Tintri assured Meri. [If Brock can send Team Rocket running with a rain of arrows or pop their Meowth balloon with one, he can come save us!]

Meri giggled a little--the first time she had laughed that day. [I'm sure your singer friend is equally talented with archery as he is with song...]

A chomp got both Pokemon's attention. [There...finally chewed through all the rope.] Dundee smiled as he kicked away what remained of his bindings through his own cage.

He remembered Meri's teal ribbon and offered to her through the cage bars. [I did get your ribbon back on my way here.]

[Thank you...] Meri smiled as she took the ribbon.

[And to cheer you up, I'll do a jive!] Dundee offered, a bit too loudly.

[SHHHHHH!!!] Tintri quieted Dundee. [You can't dance in here, or you'll wake the Rockets up!]

Dundee sighed. [All right, fearless leader-chu, got anything quiet to cheer Meri up?]

[I do, actually...] Tintri smiled before asking Meri [Wanna hear a story about a brave little girl?]

[Sure!] Meri smiled.

[Okay...] Tintri waited for a moment for Dundee to settle in, then began [Once upon a time, a certain village was struck by a harsh drought. Many of the crops died, and the villagers feared they would starve that winter. One traveler even feared he would have to sell his daughters into slavery...]

---------

The night passed without incident, and Tintri had kept his friends entertained by quietly telling them stories he had heard Brock tell. But as the sun rose the next morning, Team Rocket prepared to make their getaway. "I wonder...what if, instead of a traveling show, we gave our catches to the admins and the boss?" James mused as he joined his comrades outside.

"Assuming the boss gets the Pikachu, who would get the Azumarill and the Totodile?" Jessie wondered as she finished the flight checks.

"Archer gets the Totodile, since he likes fierce and intimidating Pokemon; and Ariana gets the Azumarill, since she likes pretty Pokemon." James explained as he climbed inside the basket.

"But den Petrel and Proton don't get a Pokemon!" Meowth protested as he loaded the cages holding Tintri, Meri, and Dundee aboard, forgetting all about his circus dream from the previous day. "We need to find dem a Pokemon too so dey're not left out!"

"We'll see what we can find when we take off, so all the admins get a Pokemon gift." Jessie assured Meowth.

The Rockets, however, were blissfully unaware of the Pidgey watching their takeoff in the brush. Breeze then flew as fast as she could to meet the group. [You guys! The Rockets are getting away!]

"I see that..." Trixie noted as the Meowth balloon started to rise into the brightening sky. "If only we had a way to bring down that balloon..."

"Here's your answer." Brock grinned as he showed Trixie an arrow.

"Archery--what a great idea!" Trixie smiled as Brock nocked his shot and aimed at the rising balloon.

Lyra watched as Brock fired a few moments later, then smiled as a POW! confirmed a hit. "Nice shot!" she smiled as the Meowth balloon came crashing back on the ground.

"Wasn't the first time I've shot down the Rockets, and it likely won't be the last." Brock assured Lyra.

"You'll have to tell me about the first time later." Lyra replied as she led the group over to where the cages containing Tintri and Dundee lay, aware of the Rockets assessing the puncture in the balloon's fabric. The impact of the crash had caused both cages to pop open, allowing their occupants freedom.

"Tintri!" Ash gave a mighty Ursaring hug to his companion.

"Dundee!" Ethan was equally happy to see his Totodile. "Are you all right?"

[Yeah--Rockets didn't hurt me or nothing...just gave me a lot of rope to chew through.] Dundee replied.

"That's two out of three...where's Meri?" Lyra wondered.

Just then, Misty spotted Meri's cage in the basket, guarded by Arbok and Weezing. "There!"

Lyra motioned for the Pokemon to huddle around her. "Okay...Trixie, if you tell Wave to knock out their Arbok and Weezing, Hana will lasso Meri's cage with a Vine Whip, and Dundee can dispatch the two human Rockets. And then Tintri can do the rest."

[I've got this!] Hana smiled.

[It's payback time!] Dundee agreed.

"Okay, Wave! Use Water Gun!" Trixie commanded.

Arbok and Weezing were not expecting Wave;s assault, and were quickly washed away. Dundee's spray came moments later, knocking Jessie and James down and buying Hana time to catch Meri's cage.

Ash grinned as Hana nudged Meri to safety. "Okay, bud...your turn for a little payback."

[HI-YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!] Tintri cried as he unleashed a massive Thunderbolt, sending the Rockets and their damaged balloon flying off with a ping.

[Just a nudge over here...] Hana mused as she finished picking the lock of Meri's cage with one of her vines and a thorn. [Done!] she smiled as the cage door opened.

[Master!] Meri cried as she ran to hug Trixie.

"Oh, Meri...you had me worried all night!" Trixie smiled as she hugged her Azumarill. "Are you okay? Did those crooks hurt you at all?"

[No...they almost did.] Meri replied.

Dundee, meanwhile, wistfully looked at Meri. [Do I...go confess my feelings for her now?]

"Go on." Brock coaxed. "Now's your chance."

But no one expected Meri to run past Dundee and into Wave's webbed arms! [Thank you for saving me, Wave! You're my hero!] Meri smiled.

[I couldn't bear to see you in danger.] Wave replied. [I'd even die for you if I had to!]

As Dundee watched the reunion in shock, Trixie just smiled. "I see...Meri had feelings for Wave all this time...and now Wave's confessed his feelings for her!"

[Aw...I wanted to be the one confessing feelings...] Dundee sighed as he slumped to the grass.

"It's okay, Dundee--even you can't win every time, love--and not just the romantic kind--is still worth fighting for." Brock assured Dundee.

[You're right--there's plenty more Magikarp in the sea!] Dundee smiled, making everyone laugh. Even Misty had to giggle in agreement.

"Thank you for sharing your talents with me and my crew..." Trixie smiled. "Even if your Totodile had a crush on Meri."

"I'll be happy to share more stories and songs with you if we meet again." Brock replied as he gathered his gear.

"Come on, Dundee!" Ethan called. "It's time to go!"

He balked when he saw Dundee dancing for a Quagsire on the shore. Here we go again... he thought as he raced to recall the Totodile before he caused even more trouble.

A splash got his attention as the Quagsire walked away. "Come on--you've had enough adventure for one day." Ethan assured Dundee.

Misty sighed as Ethan shepherded Dundee back towards the group. "All we need now is for Dundee to pull out a guitar and sing, and he'll be just like Brock!"

[Singing--what a great idea!] Dundee gasped before dashing up to a Piplup. [O sole mio, o solo you-oh!] he tried to sing, before a flash of light got his attention--Ethan trying to recall him!

"Come on, Dundee--I don't have time for this!" Ethan called as he chased after his lovesick Totodile. "Dundee, return! Dundee, come on, one crush was enough! Dundee, come back here! DUNDEEEEEEEEEEE!"

To Be Continued....

Last edited:
@Charles Legend

Episode 48: Fowl Play! (part 1)

"It took a little work, but Dundee finally listened to Ethan." Ash assured the others as they made their way through a forest.

"Maybe Ethan and Lyra taking a different route from us is for the better..." Misty agreed. "Hopefully Ethan can teach Dundee how to behave around girl Pokemon--although I will admit what you told him was a good start."

She was snapped from her thoughts by a large birdhouse overlooking a large clearing. "Oh wow...what kind of bird Pokemon would fit in a birdhouse like that?"

"It'd have to be something huge...." Brock mused, impressed by the size of the birdhouse's entry hole.

"Mina could probably fit in there..." Ash suggested before a majestic brown owl-like Pokemon landed in a tree near the birdhouse. He motioned for his friends to follow him into a bush, where they watched the Noctowl climb towards the birdhouse.

Once concealed by the bush, Ash retrieved his Pokedex to read up on their discovery:

"Noctowl, the owl Pokemon. Its eyes are specially developed to enable it to see clearly even in murky darkness and minimal light."

"Wow!" Misty gasped before the rustling of a branch and a male voice got her attention. "Something's going on outside..."

Brock parted some leaves to see a brown haired researcher in a purple outfit and a pale yellow scarf shooing away the Noctowl with a branch. "Looks like this researcher is shooing the Noctowl away, like it's not the one he wants, or something."

All three friends gasped as a Noctowl that shone with a soft gold aura from its glittering gold feathers landed on the birdhouse. "A Shiny Noctowl..." Misty mused. "And just days after seeing a Shiny Golduck too..."

"Presumably, every Pokemon in the world has a Shiny form--you can tell from their different coloration and either a shining aura or a glittering body--or with some kinds, both." Brock explained. "In folklore, Shiny Pokemon are said to be magically gifted or divine--the most famous example being Epona, the Shiny Ponyta common in many folktales."

He was snapped from his lecture by the Noctowl kicking away some Berries on a branch away, causing the man to barely hang onto a branch. It then pecked at the man's fingers, causing him to fall to the ground before flying away.

"Are you okay?" Ash asked as the group emerged from the bush to assess the man for injuries.

"I think so..." the man replied. "Thank you for your kind concern--I am Dr. Wiseman, Pokemon biologist. I've been following this Shining Noctowl in hopes I can capture her and study how Shiny Pokemon fare in captivity. This way, I can find out if there's any truth to legends of Shiny Pokemon having magical power."

"So it's a girl?" Misty asked.

Dr. Wiseman nodded. "The females are usually larger than the males, but our female is special because of her color, which makes her a precious specimen worthy of study! But no matter what I do to attract her, she outwits me, and so I have yet to catch her, as you plainly saw from your vantage point in the brush."

Ash eagerly fished a Poke Ball from his bag. "Since you say this Noctowl is rare, I'm gonna take a crack at catching her myself!"

He then heaved the Poke Ball at the shining Noctowl before him. "Poke Ball, go!"

[I think not!] the Shiny Noctowl taunted as it kicked the Poke Ball away, to Ash's horror. Her eyes then glowed a deep blue. [You are getting sleepy...]

"I'm gonna...catch you...if it's..." Ash yawned before slumping to the ground, asleep.

"Hello?" Misty asked, nudging her dozing friend before the whoosh of wings got her attention. "There she goes..." she sighed as the Shiny Noctowl flew away.

Brock retrieved his referee's whistle from a pocket. "Allow me to wake Ash up...so you may want to cover your ears."

With that, he blew as hard as he could, making Ash wake up with a jump! "Okay, I'm up! I'm up!" he gasped, much to Misty's delight as he scrambled to his feet.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" Misty smiled, giggling as she savored the memory of Ash's shocked face when Brock had blown his whistle.

Even Dr. Wiseman couldn't resist smiling. "Let's return to my forest cabin...we'll talk more there."

---------

"So why would you be all the way out here, and not a part of the Pokemon you study?" Brock wondered.

"It's simple...I want to study only the rarest and most unusual Pokemon." Dr. Wiseman replied. "Once I have discovered all the secrets this forest has to offer, I'll comb the region, and then other regions, to find their hidden treasures only a rare few ever see."

"If it's rare Pokemon you want to see, I've got one right here." Misty offered as she retrieved the Poke Ball holding her Golduck. "Michelle, come on out!"

"But that looks like any other Golduck..." Dr. Wiseman was unimpressed at the muscular blue duck Pokemon before him.

"Even though you'd never believe it seeing her as a Golduck, as a Psyduck she was rare and unusual because she couldn't fly or swim." Misty explained. "But with a lot of work, some patience, and a little love, she caught up to her peers, and now she can fly and swim."

Misty giggling made Dr. Wiseman grimace. Now I want to catch the shining Noctowl all the more, because laughter reminds me of the way she mocks me.

I don't know what Dr. Wiseman plans to do with this Shiny Noctowl once he gets it, but something's not right here... Ash thought when he saw Dr. Wiseman's pained grimace.

Both of them made the same silent promise: I will catch that Shiny Noctowl, if it's the last thing I do!

---------

Later, the group watched from a bush as Dr. Wiseman rigged an odd device to a tree. "You sure that whatever he's rigging in the tree's going to work?" Misty wondered.

"I don't know..." Ash replied. "I just don't think using a trap to catch it is right...that sounds like something Kamon or Team Rocket would do."

He went on "Once Dr. Wiseman has that Noctowl, who knows what he plans to do to her?"

Just then, Dr. Wiseman joined the group in the brush with the loose end of a rope. "All right...now all we have to do is wait!"

A few tense moments passed before the group heard the whooshing of wings approaching. Just as the shining Noctowl landed on the branch, Dr. Wiseman pulled the rope, revealing a mirror next to where the shiny Noctowl stood.

Brock watched in awe as the shiny Noctowl used Hypnosis on its own reflection. "I see...the mirror reflects the attack back, making the target hypnotize itself."

However, the reflection of the Hypnosis happened to shine in Dr. Wiseman's eyes as well! "Not only does it hypnotize whatever looks at it, but anything in the direction the light of the Hypnosis reflects from!" Ash mused as Dr Wiseman slumped to the ground, asleep. "The light is coming right at Dr. Wiseman, since he is in the path of the reflection!"

He noticed the Noctowl sleepily stumbling towards the bush. "Are you okay?" Ash asked, shielding his eyes from the Noctowl's glittering feathers as it approached.

"Be careful, Ash...the Noctowl might feel threatened." Brock cautioned as Ash tensely reached out to touch the shiny Pokemon before him.

Just then, a breeze sent a branch flying, hitting Dr. Wiseman. "Mm...was it supposed to be windy today?" he yawned as he woke up.

Misty gasped when she saw where the wind was coming from--a massive fan controlled by Team Rocket! "I KNEW you hoodlums would be showing up sooner or later!"

"Besides, didn't we already break a fan you used?" Brock agreed.

"Yeah, I know, we've tried dis tactic oilier in dis story..." Meowth assured the group. "But dis time, I'm confident it will woik!"

To Be Continued...

@Charles Legend

Episode 49: Fowl Play! (part 2)

Previously, on Pokemon Moonlight Silver...

Just then, a breeze sent a branch flying, hitting Dr. Wiseman. "Mm...was it supposed to be windy today?" he yawned as he woke up.

Misty gasped when she saw where the wind was coming from--a massive fan controlled by Team Rocket! "I KNEW you hoodlums would be showing up sooner or later!"

"Besides, didn't we already break a fan you used?" Brock agreed.

"Yeah, I know, we've tried dis tactic oilier in dis story..." Meowth assured the group. "But dis time, I'm confident it will woik!"

Ash growled in frustration at seeing the odd machine. "Tintri, use Thunderbolt!"

[HAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!] Tintri screeched as he fired the attack--but the group had to dive for cover as the crackling thunderbolt went flying back at them!

Not one to be deterred, Ash selected two of his other Poke Balls. "River, Cyndy, I choose both of you!"

"Not today, hat-boy!" James taunted as he flipped a switch, triggering some balloons at the bottom of the machine to inflate, sending the Marill and the Cyndaquil tumbling to the ground!

Dr. Wiseman, however, had come to in all the confusion. "This is it! My chance to get the Shiny Noctowl!" he smiled as he reached out to take the beautiful gold Noctowl.

"Who said this Shiny Pokemon was yours?" Jessie taunted as she picked up the Shiny Noctowl and Dr. Wiseman with a claw, sending the researcher flying as they brought the gold Noctowl to them.

Misty heard the thud of Dr. Wiseman landing some moments later. "You guys deal with the Rockets, I'll make sure Dr. Wiseman is okay!" she called.

"Okay!" Ash replied. "Brock, think you could send an arrow to stop that mecha?"

"Already on it." Brock replied as he reached for an arrow, aimed at the escaping mecha, and fired a few moments later, sending the strange machine falling into a clearing with a crash.

"Nice aim." Dr. Wiseman smiled. "But where did our Shiny Noctowl get to?"

"I see it!" Misty pointed out the Shining Noctowl peeking out from a lower compartment of the destroyed mecha.

"I'm gonna try and pry the bottom open so she can get out!" Ash offered before swinging onto the mecha's foot from a tree and using all his strength, but was soon exhausted. "This thing is harder to pull apart than I thought..."

"Let me see if Michelle can help you out." Misty volunteered before hurling a Poke Ball skyward. "Michelle, go help Ash!"

[It's a simple case of mind over matter, really...] Michelle smiled as she sent some magenta waves of Confusion to weaken the bolts, allowing Ash to pull the metal apart just enough to allow the Shiny Noctowl to fly to safety.

"Thanks, Michelle." Ash smiled at the Golduck before a crack got his attention--the branch he had been using as leverage was about to give way!

The Shiny Noctowl watched in horror as the branch cracked, sending Ash hurtling towards the ground below. [Someone...help my rescuer!] she called before flying into a position that alloweed Ash to land on her back.

[Let's turn up the heat!] Cyndy smiled before unleashing a Flamethrower.

[Never underestimate the power of steam!] River smiled as she sprayed a Water Gun at some of the super hot metal, creating a cloud of steam as the steel began to buckle, making a large crack in the bottom.

[And for the finishing touch, a shocking ending!] Tintri grinned as he fired another Thunderbolt into the crack, making the mecha and its three occupants glow bright yellow before they and the mecha's remains went flying into the sky with a ping.

"Good riddance." Brock smiled as he put away his bow.

"Without that shot, we wouldn't have had a chance." Misty assured her friend.

Just then, the Shiny Noctowl fluttered to a branch facing Ash. [For rescuing me, and your heroic deed today, I pledge my allegiance to you, and no other.]

"Honest?" Ash asked. The Noctowl nodded.

After thinking a moment for a suitable name, he announced to his teammates and Dr. Wiseman "All right...I'm gonna call you Goldie!"

"Goldie...a fitting name." Dr. Wiseman smiled. "Perhaps I am not meant to own this Shining Pokemon--she is too smart for me. But if she has pledged herself to you, maybe you or another researcher will have better luck with her."

"I know just the researcher for the job--Prof. Oak, of my home region of Kanto." Ash explained. "I'm sure he would love to learn about Shiny Pokemon."

"That he would--I hear he is the foremost authority of Pokemon." Dr Wiseman smiled.

He turned to Ash. "Whether you send Goldie to Prof. Oak right away, or allow her to travel with you, I wish you all the very best of luck and safe travels on your adventures."

"We will, Doctor--and good luck with your own research as well! Ash replied as he embraced Dr. Wiseman, then turned to walk with his companions into the setting sun...

To Be Continued...

@Charles Legend

Episode 50: Forest Grumps (part 1)

(what Brock tells

Ash's song)

"I hope Goldie will be all right with Prof. Oak..." Misty smiled as the group made their way down a forest path.

"I think so...she looked relieved to be with Prof. Oak and not that Dr. Wiseman guy..." Ash replied. "I still shudder at what he was planning to do to her when he caught her..."

"Well, what matters is she's safe and in good hands with an ethical researcher..." Brock assured Ash. "Prof. Oak doesn't look like the type to be doing shady experiments..."

Ash was about to answer when a female voice calling "Ya-ho!" got his attention. "Oh, hey! Ethan and Lyra are making camp by that lake!" he called as the trio emerged from the brush into in open clearing, where sure enough, Ethan and Lyra had made camp by a lake.

"Fancy finding you guys again!" Ethan smiled as the group arrived. "If you're curious, Dundee has behaved himself since we last went our separate ways.

"If you're hungry, we're about to have lunch." Lyra offered.

"We'll take you up on that...come on out, everyone!" Ash called, heaving his own Poke Balls skyward.

"You guys too!" Misty did likewise, releasing her own team.

"And you guys!" Brock also released his team.

"Good thing I made enough chili for all of us..." Ethan smiled as he checked a small pot simmering over the campfire. "Thanks again for the recipe..." he told Brock.

"Anytime." Brock replied. "It works over a campfire as well it does on a stovetop...and heats up very nicely in the microwave the next day!"

"I have to ask, though--what gives it its kick?" Lyra asked. "Hot sauce?"

"Nope--taco seasoning." Brock replied. "Easy way to give it a bite without setting your mouth on fire. I will warn you to use it sparingly--a little bit goes a long way."

"Point noted." Ethan replied before giving Brock a spoonful to taste test.

"Hm...I like how you added actual onions instead of onion powder." Brock explained. "Adds a little sweetness to it."

He was about to say more when something shiny in the air caught his attention. "What's that?"

Misty realized the shiny object was a net. "JUMP!"

The group and the Pokemon scrambled out of the way as the net landed on the grass. "You're not trying anything funny today, Team Rocket!" Ash called in the direction of some bushes, where the net had come from.

He waited to see if Team Rocket would come out and say their "To protect the world from devastation" spiel, but balked in surprise as Kamon emerged from the bushes. "Kamon? That was you that built that net?"

"Yeah...just little old me, and not those Team Rocket goons." Kamon smirked. "I meant to move all your friends' Pokemon out of the way so we could fight one on one, but it appears my net didn't work..."

Just then, a hum and a PYEOW! of a Hyper Beam filled the air, sending Kamon diving into the brush to avoid the bright orange beam.

"What was that?" Lyra asked, confused as to where the beam had come from.

"I have a bad feeling about this...everyone, return!" Misty called, recalling her team.

"And you guys!" Brock agreed.

After everyone had recalled their teams and broken camp, Ethan noticed a group of large bear Pokemon approaching where their camp had been. "We'd better get out of here before those bear Pokemon turn us into toast!" he cried as the bear Pokemon charged at the group.

The group raced as fast as they could through the brush, the PYEOWs of Hyper Beams raining around them as they leaped over tree roots and locks, avoided thorn patches, and climbed through logs. But as the group approached a three way fork in the road, Brock and Lyra dashed down the left path, Misty and Ethan continued on the main path, and Ash, Tintri, and Kamon hurried down the right path, unaware that the group had been split into three smaller groups.

"Did we lose them?" Ash asked as he and Tintri came to a stop some moments later.

"I think we did...and now that we're both together, we can finally battle so I can prove you're not as wonderful as you think, Wonder Boy!" Kamon growled as he drew a circle in the dust with a stick, then drew a line to split the circle in half, so it more or less resembled a Poke Ball.

Growls got Ash's attention. "Now's not the time to battle, let's go!" he called to Kamon as more Ursarings arrived.

---------
"Whew...they're gone, but where did the others get to?" Misty asked as she and Ethan stopped to rest by a stream.

"I think in all the confusion, we got separated from each other." Ethan replied before calling into the brush "Lyra!"

"Ash! Brock! Where are you?" Misty called.

When no reply came, a determined look formed on her face. "Ethan...if we're gonna find everyone, we'll have to be a team--can you do that?"

"Sure." Ethan replied. "Good friends stick together, no matter what."

Just then, more growls alerted Misty to some approaching Ursarings. "Well, as our first act as a team, we need to run!"

---------

"Okay...I'm pretty sure those beam-bears won't find us here." Kamon mused as he and Ash arrived by a still pond. "Although if we're gonna battle, our referee's nowhere to be found..."

"I think our battle's gonna have to wait..." Ash confessed. "We've lost everyone else."

Kamon sighed. "Okay...if it means getting out of here in one piece, I'll do what I can to help you find your cohorts, Wonder Boy."

He noticed Ash's Pokedex peeking out of Ash's bag. "Can't you use that Game Boy-thingy to find out more info on those beam-bears?"

"Sure..." Ash retrieved the Pokedex and allowed Kamon to see a picture of the bear Pokemon that had been chasing them:

"Ursaring, the hibernator Pokemon. Its keen nose can pick out any scent, even that of food buried deep underground."

"Wow...no wonder they've been able to find us." Kamon was impressed. "If you can make us a camp, I'll keep an eye out for crazed Ursarings."

"Got it!" Ash replied before unpacking his own camp gear.

---------

"Misty!" Lyra called as she and Brock searched down the path. Brock then whistled in hopes that Misty would hear him, but no answer came.

Lyra, meanwhile, slumped against a tree. "It's no use...we're never gonna find them at this rate..."

"So long as we stick together, everything will be okay." Brock assured Lyra.

A hopeful smile formed on Lyra's face. "I think in our rush to get away, we all got separated...so the others can't have gone very far."

"That's the spirit!" Brock smiled. "Are we a team?"

Lyra nodded. "Lead the way, O fearless leader."

---------

"No sign of the boys yet..." Misty sighed as she and Ethan continued down the path. "I wonder if they are looking for us at all..."

"I'm sure they are, and I know Lyra's looking for me." Ethan replied. "She may look like a sweetheart, but she and her Pokemon are a great team."

He noticed another fork in the road in the distance. "How bout it? Should we keep going this way, or take one of the forks?"

Misty dug a coin from her pocket. "Heads, we go left, tails, we go right."

With that, she flipped the coin... only for it to land on its side! "So, what do we do if it landed on its side?" Ethan asked as the coin continued to spin on its side in the dust."

"Let's just keep going down the way we're on." Misty sighed. "For all we know, those two forks are dead ends!"

---------

As the stars came out for the night, Brock and Lyra arrived near a large pond. "It's getting late, so let's just make camp here for the night." Brock suggested.

"Good idea." Lyra suggested as she unloaded her camp gear and watched Brock start a campfire.

She next tossed two Poke Balls skyward. "Hana, Saphir, come on out!"

"How nice to see you again, Miss Hana." Brock smiled as the Chikorita watched him cube some potatoes.

He then noticed a Marill by Hana. "This must be Saphir, yes?"

Lyra nodded. "Seeing Misty with Ami and Ash with River inspired me to get a Marill of my own. Saphir's still a little shy though, so don't take it personally if she doesn't join in the campfire sing alongs at first."

[H-hi...] the Marill stammered at Brock before looking at the pot simmering over the campfire. [What's in there?]

"Our dinner for the night--baked potato soup." Brock explained as he added some chicken stock to the pot.

After adding some bacon chunks and cheese to the pot, Brock let the soup simmer for an hour before spooning it into bowls. "Okay--it's ready."

"Mm...this is good!" Lyra raved. "Better than my mom's recipe!"

"Well, when you have to cook for a large family that is various degrees of picky, you have to maintain a balance between broadening horizons and something you know they'll eat." Brock explained. "Of course, it's always nice when you find something everybody can agree on, like chili and baked potato soup."

Lyra ate a little more of her soup, than asked Brock "Think you could spin one of your Lore Stage yarns? It would keep me from going nuts worrying about Ethan."

"Sure." Brock replied. "Any requests?"

[Tell the one about the hermit that helped win the princess!] Hana requested.

"Okay..." Brock then started the story. "Long ago, there lived a very rich man who had three sons--their names are not important just yet. When he felt his time was approaching, he divided his property between them, making them share and share alike, both in money and land."

[That's fair...] Saphir smiled.

"Now, the king of the land where they lived had a daughter--we'll call her Wendy." Brock explained. "One day, he told all the heralds to proclaim throughout the land that whoever could build a ship that sail as easily on land as it could on water would have Princess Wendy's hand in marriage...."

----------

"I knew we should've taken one of the forks..." Misty grumbled as she and Ethan continued down the path. "For all I know, we could be going around in circles!"

"Let's just make camp for the night--it's getting dark." Ethan suggested as he motioned for Misty to follow him to a hill.

"Okay..." Misty sighed, more out of relief than anything else. "What are we gonna have to eat, though?"

"I have some sandwiches from yesterday..." Ethan replied as he got out a small cooler filled with drinks and food. "Ham, turkey, or roast beef?"

"Ham." Misty smiled as she took one of the ham sandwiches and added some Cheddar cheese and mustard to it.

But before she could take a bite, a growl got her attention. "Our sandwiches will have to wait, the Ursarings found us!" she screamed as she motioned for Ethan to follow her, moments before some angry Ursarings crashed through the brush...

---------

"Okay...I don't think Ursarings will be able to find us in here..." Ash assured Kamon as the two of them crawled into a cave overlooking a pond.

"Just arrange the sticks we found into a nice pattern, and I'll get a fire going." Kamon suggested as he reached for a red lighter in his pocket.

After starting their campfire and putting a Combusken breast over a makeshift spit to roast, Kamon told Ash "You know, Wonder Boy...Ash...you're actually not that bad to be around. In fact, I'm surprised anyone would want to hang out with me after all the grief I've given you..."

"It doesn't matter, I'd still give anyone stranded in the forest a safe place to camp, food, and a bed." Ash assured Kamon. "Including someone like you."

Once the meat and vegetables were ready, and the boys and Tintri had eaten, Kamon asked "So, what do we do for entertainment? Robin Hood's the rockstar with the guitar--unless you've got a guitar in there."

"I'm more of a wind instrument person, anyway." Ash explained before fishing a silver whistle with a green mouthpiece from his bag. "Any requests?"

Kamon winced when he saw the whistle in Ash's hands. "Oh great...bad memories of third grade music class coming on..."

He sighed. "What're you gonna play, Wonder Boy? 'Mary Had a Little Mareep'?"

"Nope...how about 'Jelan's Prayer' from 'The Song Mage Chronicles'?" Ash suggested as he prepared to play the familiar song.

With that, he started a familiar prayerful melody that rang out from the cave, across the pond and over a plain, where Misty and Ethan had made camp.

Misty smiled as she heard the familiar song in the distance. "You think that's Ash playing, Ethan?"

"I'd like to think so..." Ethan replied as he looked up at the starry sky and listened to the whistle's song ringing through the forest. "In fact, I believe Ash is telling you 'Don't worry, I'm coming to find you guys' in that song."

To Be Continued...

@Charles Legend

Episode 51: Forest Grumps (part 2)

As the sun rose on the forest the next morning, Misty woke up to find Ethan was gone. "Ethan?" she called as she scrambled from her sleeping bag. "Ethan! Where'd you go?"

"Over here!" she heard Ethan call back as he returned to the campsite on the hill. "I did some scouting for a route we could take, and found another road nearby a cave. However, we'll have to climb down the cliffs to reach the cave..."

"Oh boy...you sure you know what you're doing?" Misty asked.

"If I can climb in caves and ruins, I can climb on outdoor cliffs." Ethan assured Misty as the two of them shared an uneasy breakfast. "You don't have to worry--you'll have a safety tether on the whole time, so if you do slip or lose your footing, you won't fall into oblivion."

"That makes me feel a little better, but still nervous." Misty confessed.

"And I'll be spotting you, so you'll know where the good footholds are." Ethan went on as he showed Misty a map of the cliffs, marked with possible safe routes they could take to reach the cave. "So, which route do you want to take?"

"The short one, in blue." Misty offered, pointing out the route on the map.

"Okay...let's clean up and get going before more Ursarings find us." Ethan suggested as the group threw away their trash in a Pokemon-proof sanitation box.

"Yes, lets." Misty agreed. "The sooner we find everyone, the better."

---------

"Misty!" Lyra called into the trees. Brock whistled a few times before Lyra called again. "Misty, where'd you go?"

A growl got her attention. "Uh oh..."

She gasped when she saw an angry Ursaring lumbering in her direction, and reached for the two Poke Balls at her side. "Hana, Saphir, let's go!"

A sick feeling welled up in Brock's stomach. I can't lace an arrow with Repel and warn the Ursaring away, but at the same time, I don't think a Chikorita and a Marill will be able to do much of anything against an Ursaring...

He reached for a Poke Ball. "Argent, I need your help!"

[What is it?] Argent asked as he materialized on the road, making the Ursaring approaching them look like a Teddiursa in comparison.

"May I induce you to keep this Ursaring at bay, and protect Lyra?" Brock asked, aware of the frightened look on Lyra's face.

[Sure...I will not stand to see a lady in peril.] Argent smiled.

With that, Brock held his Mega Ring to the sky. Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo...

Lyra watched in awe as a green flash lit up the sky and engulfed the Steelix towering over her in light. Amazing--Brock can use the legendary power of Mega Evolution!

When Argent emerged from the light as Mega Steelix, Brock commanded. "Okay, Argent, Tackle the Ursaring!"

[HAAAAAAAAAHHH!] Argent roared as he slammed into the Ursaring, sending it flying backwards in a burst of rainbow light.

Lyra watched as the Ursaring charged at the Mega Steelix. "Hana, give Argent a hand with Razor Leaf!"

[Got it!] Hana replied as she sprayed the sickle shaped leaves at their opponent, making them gain a rainbow aura thanks to Argent's Mega Evolution, before slicing into the Ursaring's chest with another rainbow burst.

Brock swallowed hard as more Ursarings arrived to avenge the one the two of them had wounded. "I think we need to go...Argent, return!"

"Hana, Saphir, return!" Lyra recalled her own team and followed Brock down a hill, the Ursaring in hot pursuit.

---------

"Almost there..." Ethan coaxed Misty as she stepped from the cliff to solid ground. "There...you made it."

"That actually wasn't so bad." Misty admitted as Ethan took off her safety tether. "But the next question is, where do we look for everyone?"

A growl startled her. "Not again!" she screamed as she and Ethan dashed off down the path.

The rest of the forest seemed to pass by in a blur to Misty as she worked to keep Ethan in view. But as the two of them reached the top of a hill, they could see Ash, Trintri and Kamon not far behind them, and Brock and Lyra approaching from the other way! "You guys! We're here!" she called.

"Misty! Brock!" Ash hurried to hug his companions. "I wondered where you guys went!"

"Lyra!" Ethan was equally happy to see Lyra. "I missed you!"

"It's cool we're all back together, but shouldn't we be running from the beam-bears?" Kamon asked, reminding the others of the angry Ursarings approaching.

"This way!" Ash motioned for the others to follow him down a second path in the road.

Before long, the group had ran down a winding forest path and all the way to a rickety old wooden bridge. "Oh great--this thing's gonna break as soon as we get halfway!" Misty sighed.

"Just like in all those adventure movies I watched as a kid..." Brock was equally annoyed as the rickety bridge started to buckle underneath him.

"Well, if we're gonna prevent ourselves from being TV tropes, let's go!" Kamon called.

The group hurried across the bridge as fast as they could go, but an Ursaring used Slash on one end of the bridge, making the left half fall into a river far below, and the right half, with the others slam against a cliff. Ash was still holding the wooden planks, holding everyone up.

"Argent, help us out!" Brock called, allowing the Mega Steelix to pull the bridge up high enough to reach the path.

[Okay...I have the bridge stabilized, but I can't hold it up and save you guys too.] Argent reported.

"Hana, help me!" Lyra called as she summoned her Chikorita.

Ethan gingerly retrieved one of his Poke Balls. "Ellie, I need your help!"

[Talk about a cliffhanger...] the Phanpy noted.

[Ellie...I'm gonna use Vine Whip to pull up the ropes, so can you use your trunk for the others to hold onto?] Hana asked as she fashioned the ropes and her vines into a makeshift pulley.

[Okay!] Ellie replied before offering her trunk to Ash. [Grab on, and don't let go!]

The Mega Steelix and the Chikorita worked frantically to get their masters back onto safe ground, but relieved cheers filled the air some hours later, when the group was back on safe ground again."

"I don't want to be hanging on for dear life any more!" Misty nervously giggled.

"Me neither...I'll leave that to movie stuntmen." Brock agreed.

A smile formed on Kamon's face. "You know, Wonder Boy...you're actually not that bad to be with. I'd come listen to another whistle solo anytime."

"Thanks!" Ash smiled before he realized Kamon was hurrying off down the road. "But what about...our..battle..."

A sign at the forest edge got his attention. "Hm...Warning, it is currently the Ursaring mating season and they are using this area as their breeding grounds. Do not disturb them if it's the last thing you do, because if you do, it just may be."

He facepalmed. "NOW you tell us..." he groaned as everyone laughed, relieved that their crazy adventure had ended well...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Firstly, congratulations on gaining March's Fic of the Month. This is a creative retelling of the Johto series and the AU aspect with the musical overtones really is intriguing. Your stories are really quite inventive and I have read a few of them myself, including Pokemon Island Sun. It's nice to see a letter structure being used for chapters as it is so uncommon.

The lack of filler is what grabs me to this story. Filler was a huge problem for the Johto region even though it was a good series overall. I also, think, I'm noticing some game references, such as Ethan and Lyra being the Protagonists of Heart Gold and Soul Silver which is really nice to see as well.

Grammar seems to be fine, you tend to use a lot of minor/short sentences when characters are talking but that's fine as the synonyms for the commonly overused word "Said" are varied and diverse so I'll give you props for that. Just a bit of a suggestion, whilst too much description is overkill (I should know as I've been called out on this) but I've noted description doesn't seem to be a key feature. Maybe a tiny bit more, not too much as it seems you are writing this as if the chapters were anime episodes and scripts would have a lot less description in them and, if that is the case, ignore me and continue with what you're doing.

Overall, a really good fiction and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for this one... A little birdy told me Mega Evolution is on the way and I'm excited to see that.

@Mia Blaze

Yes, Mega Evolution is on the way, but we're not where Misty and Ash learn to use it just yet--we have to get to Ecruteak before that happens. You will see Brock use it a few more times before then (and Ash has unknowingly used it a few times).

My main problem with description is maintaining a balance between too much and too little--so I figured writing them in TV episode-like scripts would achieve a kind of balance. I have been getting better about adding detail, but it is a work in progress.

If you want to be tagged when future episodes release, let me know.

Sure, I'd love to be tagged. I am intrigued and want to continue reading, if that's okay with you.

I understand and actually like the script like format of the story. My story that I'm focusing on now is full of description which some may say could be too much. I have actually toned down considerably since I started but it is really hard to find a balance.

@Charles Legend @Mia Blaze

Episode 52: A Goldenrod Opportunity (part 1)

"I'm at least glad Ethan and Lyra are on their way after running into those Ursarings." Misty smiled as the group continued down the road a few days later.

"I'll admit that I'm even glad Kamon made it out alive, but if I'd have known it was Ursaring mating season, I would've picked a different route and avoided the whole mess to begin with." Ash mused, petting Tintri as he spoke.

"Forgive me for interrupting the conversation, but take a look at what's just ahead!" Brock called, pointing out a signpost in the distance.

He made a grand gesture to the sprawling city in the distance as Ash and Misty arrived at the top of the hill. "I give you...Goldenrod City."

"Wow..." Ash and Misty gasped as they gawked at the glittering gold city before them.

"Goldenrod City...the festive city of opulent charm, one mile." Misty read the sign before admiring the city some more. "It's an opulent and festive city, all right!"

"How bout it? Was it worth all the detours and setbacks to get here?" Brock grinned at Ash, who was gawking in amazement at the skyscrapers and colorful signs in the distance.

"It was..." Ash smiled before taking a picture of the city with his PokeNav. "But I am more than ready to compete for my third Johto League Badge!"

With that, he charged down the hill. "Last one there's a rotten Exeggcute!"

"Hey, wait for us!" Misty and Brock were not far behind.

---------

"Okay...how do we even begin to find our way around here?" Ash wondered as he looked around at the thousands of people going about their daily routines, crisscrossing the various crosswalks to reach one of the millions of shops and opulent malls.

"I hope you brought your wallets, guys...I'm ready to do a little shopping!" Misty smiled, giddy over the huge malls that towered over many of the buildings.

"Forget shopping, there has to be a thriving music scene out here!" Brock was equally excited. "That, and there have to be storytellers out here too, so I can learn some more material for the Lore Stage."

"Oh yeah...I wouldn't mind learning some Johto tunes myself..." Misty smiled, savoring a memory of the often hours long jam sessions the three of them played at and sometimes hosted back home in Kanto.

The sizzle of a burger hitting the grill snapped her to attention. "Not to mention traveling works up an appetite!"

Brock looked over at the food cart Misty was studying, where a line was beginning to form. "That does look delicious." he agreed as the cook delivered the burger--now adorned with two types of cheese, lettuce, and pickles--to a customer.

"I want to shop, jam, and eat too, but can't we see if the Gym is at least open first?" Ash asked--he did not want to be caught off guard like he was in Azalea Town. "If it is, I wanna challenge the local Gym Leader and earn my next Badge!"

"All right, we'll go see if the Gym Leader is in." Brock assured his companion as the group started off down a street.

---------

"Notice: The Gym Leader is out today--challenges will be taken tomorrow." Ash read the sign on the Gym door. "Well, now that I know the Gym Leader isn't taking challenges today, we can explore the city, at least."

"Hope you've got your instruments..." Brock smiled, pointing out a dull red haired boy fine tuning a mandolin as a plum haired girl looked over which of many percussion instruments she needed to play.

"Got room for a few more?" Ash asked the boy as he sat down on a rocky outcropping that ringed a fountain, Pokeflute in hand.

"Sure." the boy smiled. "Keely and I enjoy traveling around the world and jamming with as many people as we can--name's Alex, by the way."

"We learned from several good sources that Goldenrod is a hot spot for jam sessions." Keely explained as a wind gust ruffled her pale blue shirt. "With so many people coming from around the world, you'll hear a pretty diverse mix of tunes."

"We're travelers from Kanto ourselves." Ash explained as he watched Misty and Brock tune up. "I'm Ash...while I'm mainly competing in the local League, I'm not too shabby on a Pokeflute or whistle." He gestured to the empty Pokeflute case and the four whistles peeking from his bag to prove his point.

He heard Misty and Brock warming up as he went on. "My companion Misty is a fiddler and my companion Brock is a master guitar player, singer, storyteller, and songwriter--even if he does have a tendency to sing to any pretty girl he can find."

With that, he joined in with Misty and Brock, seguing into the Kanto jig "The Song of Life" as Keely and her companion Alex played along...

---------

"That was fun--I hope we can play with Keely and Alex again." Misty smiled as the group arrived on another open square some hours later.

"I did learn quite a lot of Legendary Beast tales from Alex--these will definitely come in handy for the Lore Stage." Brock was equally happy as he looked over the last of the stories he had written down, then closed up his notebook.

He looked up at a building with a huge black tower in the distance, where it seemed to dwarf even the tallest skyscraper in the area. "That has to be the tower for the main regional station, WJTO." he explained before getting out his PokeNav and starting the RadioNav app. "Shall we see what sorts of music and shows it plays?"

"Yeah!" Ash and Misty replied as Brock located WJTO in the list of available stations and tapped the "LISTEN" icon.

Some exciting music filled the air. "Hi, everyone! It's Buena!" a young female voice began. "It's time for today's password! Today's password is 'Pikachu!' If you can find me broadcasting live and tell me the password, you'll get a very special prize! Good luck!"

"The password is 'Pikachu'--got it!" Ash mused as some music started on the radio stream.

"I remember Ethan telling me about Buena and her show while we were lost in the forest..." Misty mused as the group started off towards the tower. "The prizes she gives can range to packages of common items and WJTO gear to Pokemon and items you can't find anywhere else, so it's worth it to try and catch her show, especially if you're in the Goldenrod area."

"According to Lyra, Buena is in one of three possible locations every time the show broadcasts--Radio Square, where the tower is located, in the Galaria d'Oro, which is the main mall, or in Yuzu Gardens, where we just came from--and they don't tell you which of the three she's at." Brock explained. "I didn't see anything that looked like a radio station's broadcast booth or vehicle in Yuzu Gardens, so we can rule that out."

"We're closest to Radio Square, so let's check there." Ash suggested, whispering the password to himself so he wouldn't forget it. "Pikachu...Pikachu...Pikachu..."

As the group turned the corner onto Radio Square, Ash spotted a large broadcast booth near the tower, where a brown haired DJ in a pink T shirt and jeans was visiting with passersby or autographing things. "That must be Buena! Let's go give her the password."

Misty and Brock followed Ash as he approached the booth, getting the female DJ's attention. "Hi there! Do you remember today's password?" she asked.

"I do, Buena." Ash confidently smiled.

"Oh, wow!" Buena gasped--she had not expected someone to arrive with the password that quickly. "Thank you!"

Then something occurred to Buena. "What was your name again?"

"I'm Ash!" Ash replied.

"Okay then, Ash...come join the show." Buena smiled as she directed Ash to a small mic positioned so passersby could interact with Buena inside the booth. "What was the password?"

"The password was 'Pikachu'"." Ash replied, grinning at Tintri all the while.

"You're absolutely correct!" Buena announced, to a triumphant fanfare. "Well done!"

She offered Ash a Poke Ball. "Here you are...a Machop of your very own. I'm sure you'll give her a good home."

"Thanks!" Ash replied before the group departed.

"You're welcome--I hope you'll tune in for more passwords and more chances to win!" Buena replied.

She then proceeded to announce to both local listeners, and listeners from around the world Ash's achievement. "Congratulations to Ash for giving me this hour's password for a Machop! I'll have another password and another prize for you next hour, so stay tuned!"

To Be Continued...

Interesting, a new capture in a Machop. I wasn't expecting that, but I was expecting Whitney not to be at her gym. Gym Leaders always seem to be doing something when Ash first comes to challenger them so, nice touch.

The characters are portrayed pretty close to their original anime counterparts but are more enjoyable to read about. Jamming with two musicians whilst checking out the city is a nice touch, especially with the AU you've set up surrounding these characters and their musical talents.

As a woodwind player myself, Alto Saxophone, It's nice to see any form of music in the Pokemon world, especially since many Pokemon are associated with music or sounds.

Great job with the chapter so far.

@Charles Legend; @Mia Blaze;

Episode 53: A Goldenrod Opportunity (part 2)

"Al right, we've jammed, we've eaten..." Misty mused as the group walked down another street. "Met a few new friends, Ash won a Machop in a radio contest..."

"Any ideas as to what you want to name your new Machop yet?" Brock asked.

Ash was about to answer when he felt a bump against his leg. When he knelt down to see what it was, he found a Clefairy rubbing its head. [Ow...that hurt...]

"It's okay...we didn't mean to get in your way." Ash assured the Clefairy.

As Ash assessed Tintri and the Clefairy, a pink haired girl approached them. "Oh, there you are, Navi!" she smiled before noticing the Clefairy rubbing its head. "Oh, you must've crashed into someone! Does anything hurt?"

[Nah..it's just throbbing right now.] the Clefairy assured the girl.

"What about you? Is your Pikachu okay?" the girl asked as she looked Tintri over for injuries.

[Just a scrape where your Clefairy bumped me...] Tintri replied, showing the girl a small bump on his head.

"Here, let me kiss it and make it better, okay?" With that, the girl gently kissed Tintri on the head.

A guitar chord got the girl's and Ash's attention. Always friends, you and me, Brock sang to Whitney as he played.
Together for--!

"Together for just a few minutes!" Misty sighed as she dragged Brock away, guitar and all.

The girl, however, stifled an embarrassed giggle. "That's the first time I've ever been sung to before..."

"Don't mind Brock, miss...he just has to sing to every pretty girl he can find, whether they want to hear him or not." Ash explained. "But put him on a stage, and he'll sing and tell stories for hours!"

"Better on a stage than to a girl he hardly knows..." Misty grumbled.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing your guitar player friend sing." the girl confessed.

It dawned on the girl she had not introduced herself. "The name's Whitney, and this is Navi." she smiled, gesturing to her Clefairy."

"Nice to meet you..." Ash replied. "I'm Ash, and my companions Misty..." Misty waved hello. "and our resident balladeer and storyteller, Brock." Brock looked up from retuning a flat A string to wave hello.

"Nice to meet you all...got the chance to do any shopping yet?" Whitney asked.

"Would I ever!" Now Misty was excited, forgetting all about Brock's attempted performance as she pictured SALE signs, shoes, purses, and bath supplies.

"Sure!" Ash was equally excited, but his shopping daydreams were populated by video games, DVDs, comic books, action figures, and RC cars.

"All right--the Galeria d'Oro is this way, so come with me!" Whitney motioned for the group to follow her down the crowded street.

About then, Brock had finished retuning. "What kind of a song would you like to hear, Miss Whitney?" he asked, believing Whitney to still be present.

He noticed Whitney, Ash, and Misty about to round a corner. "Hey, wait for me!" he called as he quickly put away his instrument and raced to catch up.

---------

"Okay, gang...the Galaria is far easier to get to if you take an underground path." Whitney explained as the group followed her into a tunnel that led beneath the city. "In fact, the tunnels often double as a mall itself!"

"If you don't mind my asking, how did you discover this?" Misty asked as she admired the tunnel's checkered tile floor.

"I discovered the route by myself." Whitney replied. "It was a total accident!"

"We were really lucky to find Whitney as a guide..." Misty smiled.

"If Whitney's that great a guide, then why has she led us down the same path four times in a row?" Brock asked as the group found their way back to the tunnel entrance for the fifth time.

"Um, my fault!" Whitney blushed. "I forgot you make a left down the end of the hallway, not right!"

"If strategy guides exist in real life, we may need one to make it through here..." Ash muttered as they followed Whitney down the tunnel, passing by many doors in the walls on the way.

"That's why I picked up a map of the tunnel on the way in." Misty assured Ash, showing him a folded up map of the city's massive tunnel complex. "To cross reference Whitney's directions, and gently correct her if she gets it wrong."

"Okay...this should be the right way into the Galeria...we should come out in the food court." Whitney explained.

"Great--after we get some food, I wanna see if GameWorld has any copies of Zelda left!" Ash smiled.

He explained to Brock and Misty "Mom surprised me with a Nintendo 64 as a reward for winning the Orange Conference, and I told her I'd come back with a copy of Zelda!"

"I've heard from some reliable sources that Ocarina of Time has earned perfect tens from some reputable magazines and gaming sites--so you owe it to yourself to find a copy." Brock grinned.

But the group balked when they saw they had walked into a beauty salon, with both people and Pokemon getting cuts, trims, styles, and perms. "Hello! How can we assist you today!" a young boy asked as he prepped a chair for the next customer.

"Fancy letting us work some magic on your Pikachu and your Clefairy?" an elder boy smiled.

Tintri pictured himself with permed fur and shuddered. Navi was equally embarrassed as she imagined herself with wavy fur. "Um, that's okay, we're not interested at the moment--thanks!" Ash stammered as the group dashed back out to the tunnel, Tintri and Navi in tow.

---------

"If we don't get to the mall, and fast, we're gonna starve." Ash grumbled as the group trudged through the tunnel.

"Either that, or we'll find the right entrance ourselves." Misty was equally annoyed as she heard Ash's stomach growl.

"Okay...third time's the charm!" Whitney smiled as she opened a third door...which led into a hallway leading to the Galeria food court!

She made a grand gesture to some doors at the end of the hallway. "I'll lead the way in--these are automatic!"

A "UWAAA!!!" and the squeak of Whitney sliding off the door got Brock's attention. "You okay?" he asked as Whitney popped back into 3D on the floor.

"Yeah--forgot it's the main entrance that's automatic." Whitney weakly replied as she rubbed her head. "But nothing serious--it's not the first door I've crashed into!"

Brock opened the door. "Ladies first." he smiled, allowing Whitney and Misty inside before he and Ash followed them.

"FINALLY!" Ash heaved a huge sigh of relief at the utopia of fast food and neon lights before him, never mind Whitney's mishap with the doors earlier.

"It doesn't look too terribly busy, so go get something, and I'll stake out a table for you." Whitney assured the group as they went their separate ways to partake in the many options the food court and the mall itself had to offer.

---------

"So did GameWorld have any copies of Zelda left?" Brock asked as the group reunited at a table near a fountain with their food and a few purchases.

"Yeah--I got one of the last few sparkly boxes with the gold cartridge!" Ash smiled showing his friends the sparkling gold box before returning it to the festively colored GameWorld bag he carried.

"You may want to hang onto that--the gold cartridges are something very special." Whitney smiled as she petted her Clefairy in between bites of Combusken lo mein.

After a while, as the group finished up their food, Ash asked Whitney "So, Whitney...can you ask the Gym Leader if I can battle him tomorrow?"

"No need to ask the Gym Leader--you're looking at her!" Whitney grinned, much to Ash's surprise!

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
@Charles Legend @Mia Blaze

Episode 54: A Goldenrod Opportunity (part 3)

Previously, on Pokemon Moonlight Silver...

After a while, as the group finished up their food, Ash asked Whitney "So, Whitney...can you ask the Gym Leader if I can battle him tomorrow?"

"No need to ask the Gym Leader--you're looking at her!" Whitney grinned, much to Ash's surprise!

"Representing the Gold side, our leader, Whitney!" a dark brown haired referee announced, to Misty and Brock's applause as Whitney waved to the audience of two. "And representing the Silver side, the challenger Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town!"

"Bring it on!" Ash challenged.

"Thank you, Brittany." Whitney smiled at the referee before explaining the rules. "Okay, here's how this is gonna work... we will battle in a three-on-three match, with a Plain Badge as your prize if you beat me, okay?"

"Got it!" Ash replied.

"Is everyone ready?" Brittany asked. Both Whitney and Ash cheered in reply. "All right...three...two...one..."

As soon as the whistle echoed through the Gym, Whitney summoned a tiny pink and yellow cat Pokemon with a large tail. "Tsuki, here we go!"

"Cyndy, I choose you!" Ash commanded. Once Cyndy was before him, he read up on his opponent:

"Skitty, the kitten Pokemon. An exotic Pokemon from the Houen region, it is said to be difficult to earn its trust. However, it is extremely popular for its cute looks and behavior.

"Heh...it is kinda cute." Ash smiled as the small Pokemon licked itself for a moment.

"Tsuki, Tackle!" Whitney's command snapped him back to reality.

"Cyndy, have that Skitty run into a wall of fire!" he commanded. He smirked confidently as the tiny cat Pokemon charged into the stream of fire, only to faint when the flames cleared some moments later.

"Wow! That was almost a little TOO quick!" Even Brock was impressed.

Whitney was shocked that her Skitty had been defeated. "Wow...you're the first one that defeated Tsuki from the get go..."

She looked over at her Clefairy. "Navi, your turn!"

[All right!] Navi replied as she hurried into the arena and started swaying her fingers in time to a beat only she seemed to hear.

Ash froze in fear when he saw the Clefairy's fingers. Metronome can call upon any attack, including attacks the user doesn't know!

"Cyndy, be prepared for anything!" he called, hoping to Arceus that Navi didn't get a chance to use a powerful move like Mystical Fire or Meteor Mash.

He braced himself for a powerful attack, but Misty and Brock laughing from the stands clued him in that Navi was using Splash.

[Here you were getting all panicked over nothing!] Cyndy sighed. [Now, let's finish the job!]

"Okay! Cyndy, use Flamethrower again!" Ash commanded.

"Navi!" Whitney gasped as she saw the oncoming wave of flames headed at Navi. "Navi, come back!"

"Gold withdraws Navi from battle." Brittany announced as Cyndy's Flamethrower attack impacted on the Gold safety barrier, where Navi had been minutes before. "Gold now has one Pokemon remaining."

A huge smile formed on Ash's face. I literally cannot believe this good luck I'm having...I've got the Plain Badge in the bag now!

Whitney noticed Ash's confident smile. "I wouldn't get too comfy, because I have one Pokémon left--and it's also my strongest."

With that, she heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Daisy, showtime!"

Never seen this one before... Ash mused as he read up on the large pink cow Pokemon before him:

"Miltank, the milk cow Pokemon. Its milk is packed with nutrition, making it the ultimate drink for the sick or weary.

"Doesn't look like the type to battle...." Ash mused as he put Dexter away.

"Ah, but if those she loves are threatened, Daisy will hit and hit hard!" Whitney warned as she watched her Miltank power towards the Silver side of the arena, rolling so quick, she seemed to be a literal ball of energy.

"Cyndy--!" Ash called, but all he could do was watch as Daisy slammed straight into Cyndy, sending her flying into the Silver safety barrier and landing at his feet. "You okay, Cyndy?"

[I think so...] Cyndy groaned as she eased herself to her feet. [That's gonna hurt tomorrow...]

"Got enough in you for a counterattack?" Ash asked.

[I can try...] Cyndy groaned.

"If you can, try and Tackle that Miltank!" Ash commanded.

[HAH!!!] Cyndy barreled at the rolling Miltank, but the Tackle and the Rollout collided at the same time. While the force of the impact merely made Daisy slide back a few inches, Cyndy went flying into the safety barrier a second time.

In the stands, Brock noticed Daisy had used the momentum from the collision to turn around. "Ash! Cyndy can't take any more! You need to switch out, and fast!"

Both Misty and Brock winced at the THWACK! of the Miltank impacting something and the KA-WANG! of Cyndy hitting the Silver safety barrier again. "Too late..." Misty noted as the dust cleared to reveal Cyndy with swirly eyes at Ash's feet.

Ash fought back tears as he examined his fainted Cyndaquil. "You gave your all, Cyndy...return."

Focus, Ash. he reminded himself before taking his second Poke Ball. "River, i need your help!"

"Daisy, use Rollout again!" Whitney called.

Ash braced himself for the Miltank speeding towards his Marill. "River, try Water Gun!"

Whitney giggled at Ash's panicked face as the Water Gun splattered against Daisy. "This is why I love Rollout--the longer it goes, the stronger it gets!"

River's a sitting Psyduck! Ash panicked. "River, look out!"

He winced as River also went flying at the safety barrier, only to land swirly eyed at his feet. She never had a chance! There HAS to be a way to stop this Miltank...but how?

A whistle got his attention, where he saw Brock drawing a jagged outline in the air with his finger, as if mimicking a lightning strike. Of course...River did manage to get Daisy wet, so I'll give that a shot.

He looked over at Tintri. "How bout it? Think you can paralyze it with a Thunderbolt?"

[I'll give it my best shot!] Tintri replied as he bounded off Ash's shoulder and fired the largest Thunderbolt he could muster at the spinning Miltank, but the Miltank didn't even bet an eye.

"I will give you credit for a smart idea, but Daisy is spinning so fast, she's already dry." Whitney smiled.

"Okay, Tintri, new plan--use Agility to try to outrun Daisy!" Ash commanded.

But all he could do was watch as Daisy slammed into Tintri with a direct hit. Tintri then flying into the Silver safety barrier himself. But could hardly attempt to get up before Daisy hit him again, leaving Tintri battled and beaten at Ash's feet. [Ash...I'm...sorry...] he wheezed.

"Tintri!" Ash screamed.

"Silver is unable to battle--Gold wins the match!" Brittany announced.

"Daisy, return." Whitney commanded, recalling the Miltank. "Well fought, Ash--I have to commend your heroic effort."

She motioned for Navi to follow her as she started towards the Gym entrance. "If you ever want a rematch, I'll be more than happy to give you one!"

Hot tears welled up in Ash's eyes as Whitney and Navi departed. A rematch would be pointless. he thought as he studied the heavily battered Pikachu in his arms.

He unleashed a loud growl of frustration. "Arceus in heaven, hear my prayer!" he pleaded to no one in particular as Misty and Brock joined him on the arena floor. "Whitney and her Miltank are far too powerful, and I don't have a clue how I'm going to defeat them! Grant me some advice, or a clue!"

To Be Continued...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom