• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

I was not expecting this. I didn't hear about this until I got back from work, so this made my week, or maybe even my month. I can't wait to go back, especially since I can't find my Gen 3 games. Thank you GF, I will be getting both.

Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

I was always pretty indifferent when it came to RSEmakes. But I'm happy that they're being made. I never beat any of the Gen III games, so this will give me a chance to do it.

But I feel that Alpha and Omega fit better thematically with X any Y. But I guess there's someway that it fits with RSE.

I hope more than just Groudon and Kyogre get new Mega forms.

Is this a reboot or a remake? The way it's worded they make it sound like it's the former.

Regardless, I hope they fix everything that was wrong with these games and keep what was good (especially the music). This is still wonderful news to come home to! I will be coming sticking around for more info!

Wow, I was beginning to think that there wouldn't be another main-series title this year. Time to add another game to my anticipation list...

CAN'T WAIT AHHH. I've been waiting for this to happen. Hoenn is one of my favorite regions.

I started the morning having to do gardening with my mom most of the day, and during lunch I checked my messages and saw an image of the Gen 3 legendaries in what looked like 3DS boxart. Thinking it was just another piece of fanart, I had to check all the usual sources, and it's definitely real. I was very surprised that they actually would make them.

I honestly have no idea what to say about this, we got Gen 1 remakes with FireRed and LeafGreen back in 2004 (when Gen 3 was the newest generation) and Gen 2 remakes with HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2010. Gen 3 remakes had been predicted for 4 years by the fandom while Gen 5 had come and gone, no remakes, but then Gen 6 came, with several references to Hoenn from many people in Kalos, and today we got our wish.

I was turning 9 when the original Ruby and Saphire came out in the US, and I'd recently found out there were Pokemon games, my first Pokemon game was Gold, which I managed to get the same month as R/S came out, but I often consider Ruby to be my first Pokemon game because I played it more frequently and cherished it more. My starter was a Mudkip and I was still new to the games, so I was unfamiliar with is since I was still more familiar with the anime at the time.

On the covers, Groudon and Kyogre appear to have some strange cosmetic alterations, being additional markings. I highly doubt they would actually redesign any Pokemon, but given we're in Gen 6 it's safe to assume these might be Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre, which would definitely imply new Mega Evolutions will be introduced, which is interesting since in X/Y Gen 3 Pokemon in particular got the most Megas. We have no screenshots of the game yet, but it's safe to assume they might have the same 3D graphics as X/Y, which would make Hoenn look interesting. Something interesting to point out is that the announcement said it would "take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world." which could imply a new story rather than the same story as the original R/S/E, and I do recall in an interview with Junichi Masuda that hr wants to surprise the players, which is why Game Freak made BW2 in Gen 5 (since people were predicting a "Gray version"), but it's most likely it will be a re-visioning of the original story, which makes me wonder how some of the content that was exclusive to Emerald will be utilized, much like how HG/SS used and modified content exclusive to Crystal.

Some things I hope is that Amie and Super Training will be ported from X/Y, after all, how else will people evolve Eevee to Sylveon; plus unlike Contests, musicals, and such, Amie and Super Training actually benefit the Pokemon when you enter a battle. I do hope Wally gets a more expanded role as well since he barely had a role in the original R/S/E, even give him a Mega Gardevoir in the final match with him. I have high hopes for these games either way.

So, Hoenn confirmed now when will Half Life 3 be confirmed, though I am curious to see how long it will be before people start saying "Sinnoh confirmed" once these games come out.

Last edited:

I will also be happy if some of the game elements from Emerald were also included like the Battle Frontier just like how they added in a few game elements from Crystal to HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Does anyone else feel that the games should be named AlphaRuby and OmegaSapphire?

ahahaha an RSEmake. I never thought I'd see the day.

RSE was my least favorite generation, but provided they make at least two changes I'd probably enjoy a remake: I. not restricting it to the Hoenn Pokémon like they did in the original and II. keeping Steven as the champion instead of that awful, awful, what's his face in Emerald.

And if it's a reboot rather than a straight remake that some people are speculating, all the better.

*checks date*

Okay, it is most definitely not April 1st.

All together now... HOENN CONFIRMED!

What great news after a heartbreaking day. ^_^

Now, excuse me...................YEAHHHH WHOO WHOO YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
This is going to be awesome!!!

I never had a Ruby or Sapphire, and was planning to hunt for one to complete the team. Now, it is here for the 3DS, maybe not the same thing, but still possibly Hoenn. Maybe. ........................I just realized they never mentioned Hoenn.

Am unsure when to get these games, parents want me and my brother to wait until Christmas but I'm an adult now and want to play them as soon as everyone else can in November.

I just realized they never mentioned Hoenn.

It does sound like it will be, though.

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

I don't know how to feel about these games yet, honestly (though I'm almost certainly going to buy one). I have very fond memories of Sapphire and still play it often now, but I had hoped for something entirely new. I just hope that they're working on these because they want to, not because they know it's expected.

"Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire."
Hoenn confirmed?
"Explore a dramatic new world!"
Hoenn jossed? (Did they do this when HGSS was announced?)

Regardless. I'm like the new (assuming Mega) Groudon/Kyogre. (At least, I hope they don't drop megas.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I SWEAR IF THEY ARE GOING TO PUT MORE OF THOSE STINKING MEGA EVOLUTIONS!
I WILL NOT BUY ANY OF THEM!!
SERIOUSLY! GAMEFREAK ARE NOW RUINING MY CHILDHOOD LIFE!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH CRAPPY-LOOKING MEGAS!
I suggest you quit on the franchise, Mega Evolutions aren't going away any time soon.

When they say fresh take and spectacular new world, I suspect they mean they will do a HGSS and redesign some of the maps and do a FRLG and give us a new area.
The new area is already hinted at in X and Y (which by now I don't think needs explaining).

I'm curious about trainer customization, will there be new options that will get patched into X and Y for compatibility? Will the options from X and Y be available in Hoenn? Or will we be just stuck with the default look?
Also, the new Groudon and Kyogre looks seem to be just an aesthetic thing like Xerneas lighting up. Maybe they will light up when holding a specific item or using an attack? Maybe there's all new attacks for them that were hidden in X and Y's code but not assigned?

Most importantly, it is clear X and Y are based after Gen 3 as hinted by someone mentioning Blue traveling around Kalos. So the Time capsule may be returning.

The new area is already hinted at in X and Y (which by now I don't think needs explaining).

The hotel backpacker - which is who I think you're talking about - isn't from Hoenn though. He even says this if you talk to him enough, and he gives you a statue of a moai Legendary Pokemon that isn't in Gen 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom