• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

The presence of an international student body in the second DLC will make guessing Gen X's setting a total nightmare

Off topic, but Eryn best girl. Would be usurped if Jorum was, y'know, actually a girl, but whatever.

i've never seen people accurately predict the next region's setting anyway. we never know until the trailers drop.
And aside from XY's Strange Souvenir item there's never really been any concrete hints towards future games. Most of what people talk about in regards to future game hints are just conspiracy theories.

i've never seen people accurately predict the next region's setting anyway. we never know until the trailers drop.
So many people were arguing that we were going to India for Gen 9 because a couple of Galarian characters looked vaguely South Asian, you could make curry, and there was an Indian elephant Pokemon introduced in that generation when in actuality GameFreak likely just wanted to reflect the UK's cultural diversity (a lot of South Asian immigrants moved to Britain from the subcontinent during the 20th and 21st centuries).

Also, something just occurred to me (though this is otherwise unrelated) but has anybody discovered a human ghost character in Scarlet and Violet yet?

@AngryBinacle Wow, you actually got your wish, we actually CAN transfer Pokemon back to the Gen 8 games from Gen 9. Shocker, I never thought we'd be able to do this again.

I'm guessing the reason they opted for this again was Dexit. They already have to enact some restrictions mid gen and Pokemon are limited in what game they can transfer to. Still, I thought they would still opt not to allow Pokemon to go backwards because of factors such as new abilities introduced in later gens. Whatever the case, I don't mind being wrong here, it's a pleasant surprise for sure.

So many people were arguing that we were going to India for Gen 9 because a couple of Galarian characters looked vaguely South Asian, you could make curry, and there was an Indian elephant Pokemon introduced in that generation when in actuality GameFreak likely just wanted to reflect the UK's cultural diversity (a lot of South Asian immigrants moved to Britain from the subcontinent during the 20th and 21st centuries).

Also, something just occurred to me (though this is otherwise unrelated) but has anybody discovered a human ghost character in Scarlet and Violet yet?

Yeah and Pokemon themselves never point towards the next region anyways (Else we would have gotten an African region after XY because of Litleo/Pyroar or China because of Pancham/Pangoro).

And i personally think that some fanmade regions (Especially if we have a lot of them), actually diminishes the chances for a country to become a real Pokemon region because then Gamefreak (Despite them not looking at the fan creations) can be seen as stealing a concept/design if they do the exact same thing. This actually doesn't bode well for India, Australia and Greece.

So from what I hear I'm about to waste a lot of time on HOME transferring Pikachus from SV to SWSH for no other reason other than I can? I have always wanted this my god.

Sucks that my poor Meganium is still gonna be stuck in HOME and BDSP of all games (unless DLC?? Please??) but nice to know I'll be able to transfer him and the rest of my OG team back and forth and into any other games he's in in the future. I don't have to be so reluctant about transferring mons up anymore, at least not for future gens.

Sucks that my poor Meganium is still gonna be stuck in HOME and BDSP of all games (unless DLC?? Please??) but nice to know I'll be able to transfer him and the rest of my OG team back and forth and into any other games he's in in the future. I don't have to be so reluctant about transferring mons up anymore, at least not for future gens.
Don't worry, there are several leaks of the Pokedex for the DLC that seem to indicate that every starter is going to return, so there's hope for your Meganium.

HOME has just been updated, and I've gained access while watching Toy Story earlier tonight. I've ran a few tests regarding Vivillon, and I've got good news: all Scatterbug/Spewpa caught in GO will evolve into the originally intended pattern instead of Fancy.

However, the Switch version of HOME appears to be laggy. I am also expecting some Pokémon caught in GO/LGPE/Gen VIII that are evolved in Paldea to be untradeable (and maybe flagged as hacked, risking Bad Eggs) soon enough, since the same happened with Pokémon evolved in Hisui.

And i personally think that some fanmade regions (Especially if we have a lot of them), actually diminishes the chances for a country to become a real Pokemon region because then Gamefreak (Despite them not looking at the fan creations) can be seen as stealing a concept/design if they do the exact same thing. This actually doesn't bode well for India, Australia and Greece.
You name me a part of the world that DOESN'T have fanmade regions based on it though.

a lot of countries dont have fan regions, but also having one fan region is fine. Its the sheer amount of Greece, India and Australia fan regions that makes it potentially problematic
I dunno, I'm sure there were quite a few France, Spain, and UK fan regions yet we got Kalos, Galar, and Paldea in the end. I'm more concerned about fakemon designs, GameFreak has admitted that fakemon designs can actually prevent them from creating certain real Pokemon, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this was part of the reason it took so long to get a dolphin and that we rarely get cross gen evolutions.

I've been ill over the past two weeks (including through my 29th birthday), so I've not been playing Violet lately. However, I've made many mentions of wanting to mass-catch Vivillon for HOME, and that's what I've accomplished. However, there are problems in HOME in regard to the Scale Pokémon and its pre-evolutions.
  • GO-caught Scatterbug that are evolved in SV become the patterns they were set to be instead of Fancy, but are untradable in HOME, likely flagged as hacked.
  • GO-caught Scatterbug evolved in GO into Spewpa/Vivillon are tradable.
  • Paldea-caught Scatterbug caught and evolved into Postcard Vivillon cannot be traded in HOME either.
  • Paldea-caught Vivillon (common around the Ruchbah Squad's Base) are tradable regardless of pattern. I'm not sure if they're still tradable if Postcard Vivillon are still considered legit if they're sent to HOME after the postcard expires.
I've not yet done tests on if Scatterbug coming from Bank is still tradable if evolved into Vivillon in SV, and there's reports in Reddit that Postcard Vivillon caught by guests through the Union Circle are tradable.

In the nearly two weeks since the HOME update, Vivillon demands have gone down significantly, but certain patterns remain high enough. Just yesterday, I've caught around 100 of the Sun Pattern through an old postcard I've saved ages ago, which barely made a dent in the demands (they have low catch rates, plus Draining Kiss to heal), so I may just stick to my native River Pattern for the time being.

Is kitakami connected to the OG 4 regions? Probably (I do not see any evidence for a mediterranean location, primarily in terms of climate. Those are taiga we see in the background, which do not occur in southern europe).

Back
Top Bottom