• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm misremembering but in XY, when Lysandre collaps his laboratory on the protagonists he pretty much dies right? Does that count as an on-screen death?
Ahhh, I'd forgotten about that. I think that would be the closest we've gotten, although it remains somewhat ambiguous since the game never straight up says that he's dead.

Ahhh, I'd forgotten about that. I think that would be the closest we've gotten, although it remains somewhat ambiguous since the game never straight up says that he's dead.
Yeah and not only that, he was the villain who almost caused genocide and all. Even if Kieran does play an antagonistic role, he's still a kid and not on the level of villainy of that guy. I don't think they would just kill him on-screen... but I'm bracing myself for another dark twist to the likes of the "Professor was dead the whole story" deal we got back in The Way Home.

Yeah and not only that, he was the villain who almost caused genocide and all. Even if Kieran does play an antagonistic role, he's still a kid and not on the level of villainy of that guy. I don't think they would just kill him on-screen... but I'm bracing myself for another dark twist to the likes of the "Professor was dead the whole story" deal we got back in The Way Home.
There was a line about people seeing the dead around the Crystal Pool. There's no way that's not coming up again, especially since they could have phrased it more ambiguously, like just "People say weird stuff happens around here." I'm almost positive we're going to meet a ghost at some point.

...Come to think of it, hadn't people been saying that Scarlet and Violet broke the Gen-4-onward trend of including a ghost girl? Maybe they haven't broken the trend at all; it's just coming in the DLC.

I think that Kieran will turn out to be the real main villain of the game and that Briar is actually the Champion of the BB League. Many people are expecting it the other way around.

(Oh, I guess I should have been spoiler-tagging things.) Bit of a side note, but did anyone else find Briar's behavior at the end of the Teal Mask highly dubious? She said something like "There's been some new developments in Area Zero, so I have to get back to Blueberry Academy," and I was thinking "What are talking about, Area Zero is nowhere near Blueber--wait. Wait, did you just get word that your exploration request was approved? Are you just looking for excuses to ditch your students so you can go play with Tera Crystals?!?"

I think Kieran is going to sacrifice himself to save us/carmine/anybody he befriends in the second DLC.

The dude from Stand By Me died trying to stop a bar fight, after all. A heroic sacrifice by any stretch of the imagination.

I think Kieran is going to sacrifice himself to save us/carmine/anybody he befriends in the second DLC.

The dude from Stand By Me died trying to stop a bar fight, after all. A heroic sacrifice by any stretch of the imagination.
Just because a game takes inspiration from a movie does not mean that everything in the movie will happen in the game.

Well, none of the game's characters even match one from Stand By Me anyways. My evidence is more plot-based.

The first time we went to area zero, we found death. The end of Stand By Me's main narrative.

The next time we go to area zero, we're liable to encounter something similar to the end of the movie's framing narrative and it's actual ending.

Maybe I'm misremembering but in XY, when Lysandre collaps his laboratory on the protagonists he pretty much dies right? Does that count as an on-screen death?

Lysandre's fate is left ambiguous, but it's unlikely he survived. The Way Home is the first time in the series that they explicitly said a major character is dead.

Lysandre in the Manga is dead.

Popular consensus is in X version he is in a mangled but still alive state beneath his base due to Xerneas' energy blast.

Yeah they always add more stuff when the magazine chapters are gathered up for a bound volume.

God, re: dlc I just hope even if they do "imagination theory" that it doesn't ruin the AIs. That they were still able to be happy and have their own adventures in a real place and not an illusion. I'd hate to think that they didn't get to have their own lives
(they're at least as alive as a Porygon so yes, lives)
Even if it's not the past or future, give them somewhere real that they can be happy.

I suppose so. But then it would still feel like an illusion if it wasn't really a world of its own. If they went to a world that already existed it would be better, you know? Even if it wasn't really the past or future. I've seen a lot of theories and stories of "oh it could be Ultra Space", and while that would be disappointing to them at first, it's at least a real world that exists and they would come to love (and could possibly return from? Who knows!).

They're AI, not real characters. Let them live in a DOS game called Capsule Monsters for all I care.

(And this is a game to begin with.)

Couldn't care less about the A.I. (although I do hope they really got their happy ending), but I don't like the idea of the Paradox mons potentially not being "real". It kind of cheapens their existence if they're just imagined creatures brought to life instead of creatures that actually existed/will exist somewhere in the Pokemon world. The idea of imagined creatures brought to life is neat, but I'd rather they save that for another game where fantasy vs. reality is a larger theme (I think this would be an EXCELLENT concept for the first Pokemon VR game if they ever decided to make one).

i feel that they can pretty much be considered human, perhaps they didn't start out as such but when you meet them they are self-aware (and actually disagree with their intended purpose upon creation, for that matter).
also i don't think it's odd or anything for people to get attached to fictional characters... if we see ones we find interesting or relatable or otherwise likable, it's fine to want the best for them, right? or otherwise view them as a source of comfort. it's not like it's hurting anyone...

Back
Top Bottom